PDA

View Full Version : Missing Blondie this morning

Sandy Navas
January 28th, 2011, 11:18 AM
She must be working early or out jogging around the neighborhood.

I'm full of aches and pains today - the chiropractor warned me I'd be sore . . . and he's going to do it again in a couple hours. I'll probably have a long recovering weekend and not get anything accomplished.

Got a call yesterday from my Viking dealer and my sweet machine is back from her yearly maintenance check-up and repair . . . so I'll be in KC at the Joanns on Barry Road to pick her up. That means no sewing today unless I speed (about an 80 mile round trip . . . wonder if Hubby would miss me if I swing by to Hamilton on the way back home . . . MSQC?????)

Had a fantastic visit with my sister and sister-in-law yesterday (and their enabling spouses). They had a wonderful time shopping in my sewing stash. This morning I found a link (was it on here) for a quilt that had 1" four squares!! Can you believe it? So I dropped my sis a note and told her I forgot to send home my scraps with her . . . and I was really joking . . . got a note back that if they were over 1 1/2 inches she's take them all. Walla!!!!

Better get dressed before leaving the house.

Keepstitchin
January 28th, 2011, 01:29 PM
Sandy you crack me up!! Although, I sometimes have to remind myself to dress before leaving the house as well!! Sewing a million 1" squares together would get me committed! Good luck to your sis!

Busy day today, a paper to write, grocery shopping, bank, cleaning, sewing, and First Lego League with my son after school. I am enjoying a tall cup of motivation while visiting here, but fear I will need another one to continue!!

I hope everyone is warm and safe today, and I will pray for warmer weather for all you Easterners!!

Have an awesome Friday!

sewsoft
January 28th, 2011, 03:12 PM
Hi Ladies, It's good to see everyone is doing well.

janluna
January 28th, 2011, 03:38 PM
Sewsoft or keepstitching are you on so I can ask a question? Jan

sewsoft
January 28th, 2011, 03:45 PM
I'm here Jan. PM me if you like

debinmalaga
January 28th, 2011, 05:36 PM
Good afternoon, all. Sewsoft, no smiley face today? Hope all is well :-).

Sandy - sorry you're sore. It's a drag when something physical gets in the way of what we want to be doing.

Having a good day today! Only had to work until 2:30, came home and got into sweats and slippers and am having a cup of tea with y'all before I bundle up and go check the mail. Then - sewing!

Paige (my DD) is supposed to call for a chat this afternoon - hope it happens, I miss her, she's away at Rutgers, juggling school, work, sorority and BF. I admire her :-). My two sons have been scarce lately so I'll text them. I'm quite the texter with my kids :-).

Hope everyone else is having a good day. I miss Blondie too, Sandy. Hope all's well with her.

Lola2Ace
January 28th, 2011, 06:21 PM
Good afternoon all.
Glad to hear everybody is doing pretty well. Thrilled to see new posters all the time, the more the merrier.....and a bit selfish in that it's more inspiration too! LOL
Sandy, sorry to hear about your soreness from the chiro, hopefully today was better? I have been in the motrin and tylenol myself lately.
I got a girly quilt pin basted Wednesday evening while Idol was on, and started quilting it today! So very excited to be quilting something. It's a 4 patch quilt with large squares in between, not sure exactly how to word that, and I did a triple border on it. 2 borders are 2 1/2 inches, then a larger piano key as the outer border.
I am also still digging in the scrap bin and cutting squares for hexagons, but haven't sat down to try any yet, but tonight may be the time for it.
Sandy, how did you figure how big to make your puffy part for your teacup pincushions? I have something I want to use, but don't want to over or underestimate and thought maybe you could give an idea how to figure it out??
Lola

quiltingtrish
January 28th, 2011, 06:52 PM
Hi everyone!

Ok - a few questions -
want to make the friendship braid quilt - do I get the binding template for that or is that the dreseden template - or rulers - I guess they are called rulers? My brain is not working well today.
Maybe I should get both of them and would like to do a tumbler one too some day - maybe should get that one too. Thinking I'll wait until one of them is on the Daily Deal and then just order the other 2 on the same order.

Odie had his 9 mile hike today - guess that's where my brain is at. Since it's 4:40 here, I'm hoping that his hike is over by now. We are hoping that he will call home anytime from now until Monday so I am very excited about that. Sure miss that boy. When I come home from work and come in through the basement where his room is, I hit the wall and say 'hey, Odie!' and my oldest says - mom, you know he isn't here and I tell him that I say it anyways.

Guess I'll get moving here. Still have to copy the bulletins and calendar for church - got lazy last night. Then maybe pick up my wholecloth block and snuggle with a kitty.

Hope you all have a great evening.

Hugs,

sewmuchjan
January 28th, 2011, 07:13 PM
Blondie still hasn't popped in yet!!! Hope all is well there.
Well two days to try and squeeze cleaning and sewing in.:icon_razz:
I hope everybody is doing fine and staying warm, spring is just around the corner!!:icon_bigsmile:
So here is sewing instead of cleaning!! :lol:

God Bless and keep you all,
Jan G. :icon_wave:

janluna
January 28th, 2011, 08:04 PM
Yes Trish, use the binding tool for the braid quilt. Just remember to flip it over for everyone you make right side up. That way the braid will come together. There is a tutorial on that. Have fun buying rulers. I love my binding tool and my dresden ruler. I would love to get the core and tumbler rulers too. Hugs, Jan

toggpine
January 28th, 2011, 08:16 PM
Howdy quilty buddies!
Just got home from picking up the first load of hay. That is so much easier when the hay is freshly baled! As it sits the hay dries out a bit more and it shrinks inside the strings. So now when you try to move it you get some bales that just fall out of the the ties. I felt horrible for the mess that was made. He did have cows that will eat it and since it was in a barn it will stay nice and dry until it is fed. I am just hoping that I don't blow out too many more moving them into my barn. Can I just add that it is raining now too? Sweet!
Well, I had better quit procrastinating and go back the truck and trailer down the driveway and get to unloading this. I did have to make the run inside for the bathroom before I went too much farther though! Strange how I can't think too straight when my bladder is screaming at me!
You all have a good evening and stay warm out there in the east with all of that snow and cold! Brr!
Cathy

Blondie
January 28th, 2011, 09:00 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v693/BSpence/sigs/Days/TGIF-2.jpg

Weeeee Dawgies!!!!!!!! It's Friday evening. In a few short hours my work week will be done. Hurry up Saturday afternoon. Friday is always my hardest day, as you can imagine. My right shoulder was killing me along with a stiff neck all day. I finally got one of my coworkers to rub some myoflex in and it helped a bit. Betcha I sleep good tonite.
Speaking of which . . . I was up before dark thirty arrived and couldn't log in. Tried for over an hour and then went merrily off to FB to play a game until work. I sent a letter to MSQC and when I got home a few minutes ago, there was a reply that they were doing back up at that time on the site and didn't expect anyone to be on. LOL. I forget there is a time difference between here and Mo. So, that is why I couldn't post this morning. I DID think of y'all all day - wondering what wonderful projects folks were working on.

Trish, the braid is so easy . . . if I can figure it out, so can you. Watch Jenny's tut. You probably have one finished by now.
Sandy, thank you for thinking of me. Wish I could've been with you on your jaunt today. Did you make it to Hamilton?
Everyone else ~ Jan, Lola, Sewsoft, Cathy, Deb, Laurie ~ be blessed. Laurie; have added your family to a prayer list here locally. You are being blanketed in much prayer and love, dear one.

Big smoochie and hugs to everyone - off to read some more and then I am passing out on the bed. No need for schnapps tonite Cathy. I never remembered to buy any yet. LOL.

sewmuchjan
January 28th, 2011, 09:41 PM
Welcome home Blondie it's nice to have you back. :icon_happy:
Rest well tonight and we will see you in the morning! :icon_happy:

God Bless and keep you and yours,
Jan G :icon_wave:

Sandy Navas
January 29th, 2011, 11:43 AM
Paige (my DD) is supposed to call for a chat this afternoon - hope it happens, I miss her, she's away at Rutgers, juggling school, work, sorority and BF. I admire her :-).

Sometimes I read too quickly and was picturing your daughter at Juggling School - and was thinking to myself . . . "Sandy (sometimes I call myself that), Sandy why would Rutgers offer courses in JUGGLING?"

I need to go back to bed.

Sandy Navas
January 29th, 2011, 11:48 AM
Sandy, how did you figure how big to make your puffy part for your teacup pincushions? I have something I want to use, but don't want to over or underestimate and thought maybe you could give an idea how to figure it out??
Lola

Lola - did you read my post about using the little kids toy balls for pincushions? They work perfectly - if you can find the dense ones - but they are too small for a regular teacup. I was out yesterday and looked for something else but couldn't find what I thought would work well. The 3 inch styrofoam balls work well size-wise but they will definitely break down with any heavy use. I stuffed fiberfill in one with a layer of batting over it, and a piece of velvet but didn't like the way it looked . . . I'm still searching for ideas. Maybe I just need to stuff tighter with the fiberfill . .

Anyway, those toy balls I found are perfect for a demitasse sized cup - they are about 2 1/2 inches in diameter and I got mine at the $ aisle at Michaels. They are colored to look like basket balls, soccer balls, tennis balls, base balls . . . and pretty firm.

Lola2Ace
January 29th, 2011, 12:43 PM
Sandy, thank you for the reminder about the balls. I do recall seeing it now that you mentioned it.
I have one of those, but it's Ace's, so I will have to make a stop and get another. It may even be too big for the opening on what I am going to use, but will use his to check it out, unless he took it home with him.
I am planning on using a layer of something that will sharpen as I stick the pins in, I am tired of putting them in the old film container to dispose of when they are dull. Even my quilt basting pins seemed dull, so I kept an old wool sweater close the other night, and stuck the pins in that and then basted my quilt and it helped alot.
Thanks again!
Lola

debinmalaga
January 29th, 2011, 12:49 PM
Sometimes I read too quickly and was picturing your daughter at Juggling School - and was thinking to myself . . . "Sandy (sometimes I call myself that), Sandy why would Rutgers offer courses in JUGGLING?"

I need to go back to bed.

LOL Sandy, you nut.

quiltingtrish
January 30th, 2011, 01:18 AM
I heard you should fill your pin cushions with crushed walnut shells? They say you can get them at a Tractor Supply Store. They sharpen your pins and needles too. I know it's crushed shells of some kind of nut, pretty sure it's walnut, but not positive.

Hugs,

SuzyQue
January 30th, 2011, 01:57 AM
yep, walnut-----I got them at the LQS, actually and put them in all my new pincushions. Nice hefty weight to them, too. SuzyQue

Sandy Navas
January 30th, 2011, 12:04 PM
Pincushions revisited. I was in Dollar Tree to pick up the foam board I had ordered and at the check out saw these adorable porcelain trinket boxes with a round opening in the top and flowers around the edge. They only had two left but I immediately thought 'PINCUSHION'. Brought them home, cut one of my foam balls in half, put some padding underneath, wrapped the half ball with fabric, super-glued the top back on and I have two charming little pincushions. One for my sister, one for my other sister (in-law).

BTW DH & DD tell each other, if they have no idea where I am, to "Call Dollar Tree" they always know where she is.