PDA

View Full Version : I't never a good thing when...

dwil23
April 16th, 2013, 11:32 AM
...you come home to find the sinkhole stablization team down the street and your neighbor's house surrounded with huge danger signs.

Yikes.

aliaslaceygreen
April 16th, 2013, 11:35 AM
uh....no, I would think it's not.... I hope things end up ok!

asta
April 16th, 2013, 11:40 AM
Hope it is a small one and you are safe. Not much comfort, I imagine you are quite nervous.

Jean Sewing Machine
April 16th, 2013, 11:44 AM
OMG, not a good sign! Yes, I hope it's a little problem, not a huge one!

A guy in Illinois right across the Mississippi fell into a little sinkhole, about the diameter of a sewer pipe, but really deep. They had a very hard time getting him out! He was playing golf, and disappeared from his friends! Talk about a hole in one!

Lisapc
April 16th, 2013, 11:46 AM
That is very scary. I hope it turns out well for you and all of your neighbors.

SallyO'Sews
April 16th, 2013, 12:32 PM
Oh, dear... Praying for you!

rebeccas-sewing
April 16th, 2013, 12:37 PM
Good grief! Have you had a chance to talk to the neighbors who live there? I'd want to hear some details. I bet the people on either side are very worried. Talk about a nightmare! I feel bad for those folks.

bakermom
April 16th, 2013, 12:55 PM
Scary situation! hope everything works out.

alliek
April 16th, 2013, 12:59 PM
Wow -Hope all will be well, So many of these lately! Stay safe friend.

pcbatiks
April 16th, 2013, 01:04 PM
Oh no........hope everyone in your area will be safe.

shannonsaulter
April 16th, 2013, 01:43 PM
Very scary..

dwil23
April 16th, 2013, 10:12 PM
Well, I still don't know what is going on down there. I know the lady who lives in the house - she has two of the cutest little long haired chihuahua's you have ever seen and is contantly walking them or riding her bike with them in the basket and I have not seen her at all today. We are only about 8 miles from the Seffner sinkhole that made national news when it opened up under a man's bed and swallowed him. Another one less than two miles west of us swallowed a Camry last week. On Sunday, another one opened about 4 miles east of us. Yes, I am ready to move out of Florida! I can deal with the hurricanes and snowstorms - you know they are coming. Earthquakes, tornadoes and sinkholes, not so much. What we really need is rain. The aquafer is so low that the large undeground caverns that should be filled with water aren't and that is causing the soil above to collapse.

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers!

New York Sue
April 16th, 2013, 10:38 PM
Well, I still don't know what is going on down there. I know the lady who lives in the house - she has two of the cutest little long haired chihuahua's you have ever seen and is contantly walking them or riding her bike with them in the basket and I have not seen her at all today. We are only about 8 miles from the Seffner sinkhole that made national news when it opened up under a man's bed and swallowed him. Another one less than two miles west of us swallowed a Camry last week. On Sunday, another one opened about 4 miles east of us. Yes, I am ready to move out of Florida! I can deal with the hurricanes and snowstorms - you know they are coming. Earthquakes, tornadoes and sinkholes, not so much. What we really need is rain. The aquafer is so low that the large undeground caverns that should be filled with water aren't and that is causing the soil above to collapse.

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers!

I'd be ready to move, too!
JAYZEE. I can't even wrap my brain around it!
My BEST, chica!

ilive2craft2
April 16th, 2013, 10:48 PM
I sure hope you get some rain soon to fill those underground caverns! Hope you and your neighbors all remain safe. Lisa