PDA

View Full Version : spring came during last weekend

Renate
April 16th, 2013, 08:29 AM
Hi dear,

I want to share with you the picture of our yellow plum (mirabelle) tree in our garden

each 3 years it is blooming like this and in the years we have about 200 kilos of fruits from which we cook jam. Last time we had so many fruits, we cooked about 1100 glasses of jam, 2 weeks culling, washing, sorting out, pitting, cooking, bottling, labelling and decorating the screw top with a piece of fabric. And than we give it to our clients as a present.

Jean Sewing Machine
April 16th, 2013, 09:09 AM
Beautiful tree! My front yard tree is blooming beautifully. It is an ornamental variety, and the fruits are only edible by thr birds. My mother used to make plum jams and jellies, she used fruits from the park that nobody wanted! She made me be the lookout in case a park ranger came along!

SallyO'Sews
April 16th, 2013, 12:17 PM
Beautiful, Renate! Your jam sounds yummy; what a thoughtful gift for your clients! I'll bet they love it.

Lisapc
April 16th, 2013, 12:20 PM
It is just beautiful. 2 yrs ago we planted a red cherry plum tree. It is a dwarf plum so it shouldn't be much bigger than 10-12 ft. This year we hope it is big enough to get blossoms and fruit from it. I can't wait.

Tanya D
April 16th, 2013, 12:41 PM
What a pretty tree! Sigh, if we ever stop getting show our trees will bloom...

auntiemern
April 16th, 2013, 01:09 PM
It sprung here too. My magnolia tree that I got for Mothers Day last year, and my purple plum. Red bud isn't quite picture ready.

Cathy F
April 16th, 2013, 01:20 PM
What a beautiful tree! Your jam sounds yummy, don't think I've ever had that variety before.

Evilynn
April 16th, 2013, 02:13 PM
Your tree is beautiful, Renate! And I love the idea of giving your customers jam as a gift, I bet they love it!

The season we're in here is called Springwinter. So Finland has not 4 but 5 or 6 seasons ;) :P Snow is still to be seen but it's melting so quickly now that you can nearly watch it disappear. Today it had, as promised, 11 degrees! Wow. It would have been great weather just with pullover but I chose to wear a light Spring jacket because of the missing breast. I didn't want to have people staring. I will get my breast thingie soon.

I can't wait for the grass to get green and the flowers to bloom! It will be AWESOME!

Bubby
April 16th, 2013, 04:30 PM
We're waiting for the Dogwoods to bloom. I love the plum tree, Renate! Marilyn, lucky girl to have a Magnolia tree. I had one a few years back but lost it in an ice storm.