PDA

View Full Version : Sicker Than I Thought

auntiemern
April 15th, 2013, 11:16 PM
I wasn't feeling any better, in fact feeling worse, so DH made me call Dr. when I got up. Of course I couldn't see my doctor. They put me with a resident, but not before having to see student, ughh. I knew things were gonna go down hill when my BP was only 100/56. Student does his assessment, then the resident comes in. Doesn't like the sound of my right lung, all the while they have a pulse oxymeter on my finger. O2 was going from 90 to 93. Ok, I know this isn't good. Take me back for chest ex-rays, the tech asks me if I have had one done in the last 2 years. So now I am starting to get a little nervous. I go back to my little room to wait. Here comes the student, the resident, and one of the partners. Now I am almost in full panic mode. Apparently my lungs were overly large due to some fluid, not quite pneumonia yet. COPD exacerbation. They then proceed to inform me that if my 02 level was any lower they would send me to ER. Sooo after getting several new scripts, and a promise that I would go to ER if I didn't feel better in the next 48 hrs, they let me come home. New, higher prednisone, levaquin, teslon perles, and 2 inhalers. Guess I won't be ding anything the next few days that uses extra oxygen.

Lissau
April 15th, 2013, 11:19 PM
(((((((((((Marilyn ))))))))) feel better soon ...take care

Musical_Starling
April 15th, 2013, 11:21 PM
I wasn't feeling any better, in fact feeling worse, so DH made me call Dr. when I got up. Of course I couldn't see my doctor. They put me with a resident, but not before having to see student, ughh. I knew things were gonna go down hill when my BP was only 100/56. Student does his assessment, then the resident comes in. Doesn't like the sound of my right lung, all the while they have a pulse oxymeter on my finger. O2 was going from 90 to 93. Ok, I know this isn't good. Take me back for chest ex-rays, the tech asks me if I have had one done in the last 2 years. So now I am starting to get a little nervous. I go back to my little room to wait. Here comes the student, the resident, and one of the partners. Now I am almost in full panic mode. Apparently my lungs were overly large due to some fluid, not quite pneumonia yet. COPD exacerbation. They then proceed to inform me that if my 02 level was any lower they would send me to ER. Sooo after getting several new scripts, and a promise that I would go to ER if I didn't feel better in the next 48 hrs, they let me come home. New, higher prednisone, levaquin, teslon perles, and 2 inhalers. Guess I won't be ding anything the next few days that uses extra oxygen.

Wow, scary stuff! Take it easy missus and get some good rest so those meds can kick in and do their thing. In the meantime I've said a prayer that you will start feeling better soon :)

lilmouse
Gee, I am on most of those meds already and I felt sick all day.....no fun is it! I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers and you are already in my heart!

Jean Sewing Machine
God love you! If it isn't one thing, it's another! Hope the meds help you get better soon!

ilive2craft2
April 15th, 2013, 11:22 PM
Prayers for quick healing on the way for you. Rest and lots of fluids! Listen to the docs and don't try to do too much, your body needs the energy to heal itself.

You don't want to end up in the hospital - my aunt is there now with pneumonia (she also has COPD) and has been told she may go home on oxygen. Take care of yourself!

KathieB
April 15th, 2013, 11:26 PM
Sorry to hear you are so sick. Hopefully, with all those meds you should start feeling better soon. Remember, no singing operatic arias
for the rest of the week! :icon_attention:

Granny Judy
April 15th, 2013, 11:30 PM
{{{{{{Hugs}}}}} Poor thing, you sure have had a rough go these past weeks. If you don't get better, have them do a complete hormone, tsh study (blood work).. I went in with the same thing ,, got the x-ray, nebulizer treatment and a sack full of pills.. The blood work came back with markers for a hyperactive thyroid. Just sayin check out all the possible causes.. Yes, I , too, have COPD. AND that Thyroid problem..

K. McEuen
April 15th, 2013, 11:58 PM
Man, need to buy some stock in pharmaceuticals. Hopefully they gave you enough to knock this out. I always hated getting warm weather colds and bronchitis. That's winter crap to me. Hope you feel better.

bhaggerty
April 16th, 2013, 12:09 AM
Hope you feel better soon!

sewbizzy
April 16th, 2013, 12:18 AM
Praying for you to feel better soon!!!

Bubby
April 16th, 2013, 12:27 AM
Oh no, Marilyn....you have the creeping crud. The Levaquin, Pred and the pearls should make you feel better after they make you feel worse for a while. Lots of fluids and rest. I couldn't sleep the whole time I had pneumonia because of the meds. I feel like I'm still catching up. You are in my prayers dear Friend. Hugs, Barb

Tanya D
April 16th, 2013, 01:13 AM
Oh boy, you are very sick! Get some rest and feel better!

Sew Perfect
April 16th, 2013, 01:26 AM
Rest, relax, and don't stress. Drink plenty of hot tea. Do you like hot tea?

Kaytessa
April 16th, 2013, 01:34 AM
Praying for your complete healing and a very speedy recovery.

Jewel
April 16th, 2013, 01:48 AM
Prayers sent your way. Take it easy and don't try doing anything to soon and making yourself worse!

MayinJerset
April 16th, 2013, 02:53 AM
Oh, you just can't seem to get a good break. Follow the advice of drs and gals here, take your meds, rest and drink lots of tea or whatever you like. May

Evilynn
April 16th, 2013, 03:36 AM
Hope you feel better soon! Many hugs from Finland!

Wwena
April 16th, 2013, 03:39 AM
Ouch Marilyn! At least it's curable, I really hope of short duration too. I'm not saying it's not bad but you gave me such a scare! Take good care of yourself now, rest!!

Iris Girl
April 16th, 2013, 05:42 AM
(((((hugs)))) hoping the meds will kick in and make you feel better soon. Rest , rest and more rest

rebeccas-sewing
April 16th, 2013, 05:49 AM
My goodness, Marilyn!!! You've certainly been having a rough time health-wise lately. Get well soon! Follow the doctors' orders.

Loonwatcher
April 16th, 2013, 06:50 AM
Oh no Marilyn, I hope you are feeling tip top soon.

nana margaret
April 16th, 2013, 06:51 AM
So sorry, hope the new prescription works and you get some relief soon.

Monique
April 16th, 2013, 07:07 AM
Feel better soon. I hate to hear you are sick.

SandyWhite
April 16th, 2013, 07:15 AM
Oh no. Take care. Get well.

Swedish leo
April 16th, 2013, 07:17 AM
Oh I am sorry that you are not well. And glad that you went to se the doc. Listen to them and get well soon!
Hugs
Annika

meemeecyn
April 16th, 2013, 09:40 AM
Oh no, Marilyn. Hope you are feeling better soon. Do you have the energy and interest to sew?
Take care of yourself, Friend.
Cynthia

Sandy Navas
April 16th, 2013, 09:52 AM
Here's what I suggest you do:
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-Gds-cSmyptk/T9E8O62Ep6I/AAAAAAAAClA/SOdrGJmgXXA/s1600/kick_butt_therapy_card-p137604048478583153q6am_400.jpg (http://ramsard102.blogspot.com/2012_06_01_archive.html)

Kick those buggers outta your system. Sure hate that you're down again. Take it easy, Hon!!

HandsOffItsMine
April 16th, 2013, 10:20 AM
(((Marilyn))) OMG Girlfriend! Are you just trying to scare the Heck out of us! You need to make sure you follow doctor's order and get plenty of rest, fluids and the works!

Otherwise Dr. Kildair...Moi...will have to get in the car and make that long trip to St. Louis! You know what I'll feel like with my back! lol

Prayers, healing light heading your way from The Schmers and Stegers! <3

GinnyKNC
April 16th, 2013, 10:30 AM
Marilyn I'm sorry to hear that you are not feeling better. Please take care and praying you feel better soon.

WendyI
April 16th, 2013, 10:37 AM
Holy crackers...that's a lot of heavy duty drugs. Hope you take their advice and pay attention...low O2 is nothing to mess around with. Having lung problems sucks. I'm sorry you are still not feeling well. Get better soon!

grannyann
April 16th, 2013, 10:57 AM
I sure hope you start feeling better soon. It does take time for the meds to kick in and start the healing in the mean time we are all praying and hope you are resting. Hugs Ann

SallyO'Sews
April 16th, 2013, 12:15 PM
Marilyn, I just prayed for you, and hope you feel better soon. Now please turn off your computer and go get some real rest, young lady! :icon_razz:

CrazyMtnLady
April 16th, 2013, 12:26 PM
Marilyn, please take care of yourself. Get lots of rest.

Jean Sewing Machine
April 16th, 2013, 12:33 PM
I'm thinking of you again today, and hope that the mediciines that you got will help you feel better. Please keep us updated on your progress, even if you only feel a little tiny bit different, and hopefully better.

Divine Daisy
April 16th, 2013, 01:09 PM
Oh my........feel better! No Rumpy Pumpy either, that uses extra oxygen so they tell me.

Ok I kinda wish I hadn't typed that lol

Lindagie
April 16th, 2013, 01:54 PM
Hope you are resting and taking care of yourself;;;;and feeling better today!

auntiemern
April 16th, 2013, 02:06 PM
No chance of that happening, lol. Thanks for the giggle DF.
Oh my........feel better! No Rumpy Pumpy either, that uses extra oxygen so they tell me.

Ok I kinda wish I hadn't typed that lol

alliek
April 16th, 2013, 08:44 PM
Feel better, Rest, don't do anything, give your body time to heal, rest your mind. God Bless. Hugs and Prayers for your health.

NanaB
April 16th, 2013, 09:32 PM
Marilyn, I hope you are feeling better soon. Please take care of yourself.

BMG Gran
April 16th, 2013, 11:33 PM
That doesn't sound good. Mind the doctors and get well.