PDA

View Full Version : Pray for those at the Boston Marathon

cyndiofthevortex
April 15th, 2013, 04:49 PM
Two bombs just went off at the finish line at the Boston Marathon. It's bad. Pray.

CrazyMtnLady
April 15th, 2013, 04:51 PM
You and I are on the same page and must have been typing at the same time. This is just terrible. I can't believe what is happening in our world.
God please help those that have been hurt and the families of those who have lost their lives.

Jean Sewing Machine
April 15th, 2013, 04:51 PM
I'm watching this on TV. How crazy has our world become? Spam has tripled on our forum today. Prayer is our only answer.

GinnyKNC
April 15th, 2013, 04:57 PM
Prayers to all those impacted. They are saying a third bomb went off.

Doloris
April 15th, 2013, 04:58 PM
just heard from DS that his girlfriend missed sign ups by 45 seconds for this marathon. Saw clock stopped at 4: 09 which is about her average. Thank God she missed the sign ups!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lindagie
April 15th, 2013, 04:58 PM
Horrible; am just watching on tv. They still say they don't know what caused these explosions. Prayers for all the people affected by this.

CountryHut
April 15th, 2013, 05:06 PM
something more going on - if they tightened the security in NYC and DC

Bailey65
April 15th, 2013, 05:15 PM
Unbelievable! Hopefully not an act of terrorism and is a little to close to home. We were in Boston just a month ago. Prayer is needed at this very difficult time for all these innocent people.

aliaslaceygreen
April 15th, 2013, 05:16 PM
Unbelievable... people just need to learn to get along.... So sad...my thoughts are with all those affected....

WendyI
April 15th, 2013, 05:25 PM
Honestly, what is wrong with this world!?! I hope it was nothing more than faulty gas lines or something. News reports about casualties are all over the place.

HandsOffItsMine
April 15th, 2013, 05:25 PM
3rd - supposed set off by Police on found device.

Prayers to all of Boston, especially those with family there! Horrible...

Momofmonsters5
April 15th, 2013, 05:26 PM
Wow... Just tragic! Prayers for all!!

Tanya D
April 15th, 2013, 05:34 PM
What a horrible thing. Prayers being said.

Doloris
April 15th, 2013, 05:37 PM
2 more devices have been found near finish line. not detonated yet.

Blondie
April 15th, 2013, 05:38 PM
Just seeing this post - off to turn the news on. Oy.

Doloris
April 15th, 2013, 05:50 PM
on Fox news there is a video showing one explosion at the finish line and the 2nd explosion going off seconds later about a block away.

shannonsaulter
April 15th, 2013, 05:54 PM
The 3rd was bomb techs doing their job more devices found prayed for all affected and those working to find all the devices..its just scary

Doloris
April 15th, 2013, 05:58 PM
3rd explosion at JFK library in Dourchester confirmed. this was not the controlled explosion, that was different one.

sally
April 15th, 2013, 06:01 PM
My prayers are going out for sure! I heard through a friend who has a friend there competing!

Kaytessa
April 15th, 2013, 06:03 PM
Praying for all those in the area or who have family or friends there.

CrazyMtnLady
April 15th, 2013, 06:15 PM
just heard from DS that his girlfriend missed sign ups by 45 seconds for this marathon. Saw clock stopped at 4: 09 which is about her average. Thank God she missed the sign ups!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

God has more plans for her....I am so glad she is safe.

buckeyequilter
April 15th, 2013, 06:16 PM
Adding my prayers to everyone else's for all people that have been affected by this.

Just heard they have a person of interest at the hospital

Mchelem
April 15th, 2013, 06:31 PM
2 confirmed dead and many injured. How sad???!

Mchelem
April 15th, 2013, 06:36 PM
They are telling people to stay home because they have found other devices along the route of the marathon.

GrammaBabs
April 15th, 2013, 06:44 PM
I'm not a city girl at all.. so glad that my friend Dawn and I got home on Saturday from the Manchester quilt show... we drove thru and all i could think of was "wow" so much congestion! We were trying to decide whether the back ups were for the RedSox at Fenway or people coming into the city for the Marathon!!!
I'm in Middleboro, next town or so from Plymouth, MA... this is so sad.. my son has lost phone service and internet... they have shut down a lot just in case...
Prayers for all concerned for sure... what is the matter with our country lately!!!! ??

Genny
April 15th, 2013, 07:09 PM
I heard it at work on the radio...can't believe it! I'm praying for everyone there and their families.

Monique
April 15th, 2013, 07:40 PM
Prayers for all those impacted by this event.

Tamara J Liddell
April 15th, 2013, 07:55 PM
The explosion at the JFK Library was a fire that had started in one of the rooms.. Unrelated to the 2 bombs that went off at the finish line. No injuries at the JFK Library.

My heartfelt prayers have been said and will continue for all those involved.

Lisapc
April 15th, 2013, 07:57 PM
CNN here in MA is reporting that one of the dead is an 8 yr old child. Praying is all we can do.

alliek
April 15th, 2013, 08:51 PM
This marathon was to honor those who died in Connecticut, the finish line held a flag with 26 stars for the victims. I'm beyond sad and have no words, just a heavy sorrow. Please keep praying for all of us.

GuitarGramma
April 15th, 2013, 09:11 PM
One of my closest friends lost her brother in the Twin Towers. And she lives just outside of Boston. As you can imagine, I'm praying quite hard.

auntiemern
April 15th, 2013, 10:54 PM
The entire world has just gone crazy. I have all those affected in my prayers, as well as the entire country. To sad for words.

Madeforyouinma11
April 16th, 2013, 02:41 AM
This is really a horrible tragedy. My son-in-laws cousin was running ang was hit. He underwent surgery and is in intensive care. They think he is going to pull through but the first 24-48 hrs are always the scariest. Our best friends 13 year old son was there today to watch with a friends family. Luckily, they were not near the finish line and they are safely at home. Another friend of mine runs every year and he came to the finish line 3 minutes after the blast. It's hit way to close to home here.
There are three confirmed that died, one being an 8 year old boy and they're not saying anything yet about the other two. There are over 130 people injured. There are 4-5 hospitals caring for all of the injured. One hospital reported that they had to perform 10 amputations.....so sad.
My husband is a policeman and every day before he leaves for work, I tell him I love him and to be safe because you never know what is going to happen.
My prayers go out to everyone affected by this horrific event. This world has become a very scary place.

MayinJerset
April 16th, 2013, 03:01 AM
Felt so helpless watching the events on tv. prayers are going out for those who were injured and sorrow that 3 have been reported dead.

kensington
April 16th, 2013, 03:02 AM
I'm watching this on TV. How crazy has our world become? Spam has tripled on our forum today. Prayer is our only answer.

I agree with you Jean. Prayer is the BEST thing we can do.

Evilynn
April 16th, 2013, 03:29 AM
This is so sad. My thoughts are with the victims and their families and friends!

grammakim04
April 16th, 2013, 04:34 AM
Prayers being sent.

Lissau
April 16th, 2013, 05:19 AM
A very close family friend of ours was walking out of the world trade centre in 2001 when it was hit....Carly was 21 at the time shes alive but its so scary

patchiereggie
April 16th, 2013, 05:33 AM
I am still a little shocked. One minute my flatmate and I talk about our hopes for a trip to Boston in October and then NBC sends updates on explosions in Boston. My prayers are with everyone in Boston, and I hope none of the other injured die. It's obvious to me, more with each single day, that I don't get this kind of thing.

nana margaret
April 16th, 2013, 07:03 AM
My daughter was in Boston last September and loved it, I haven't spoken to her today but know she will be heartbroken at this news. We are only on this beautiful earth for such a short time, why spend that time spawning hatred, I'll never understand. My thoughts are with the people of Boston this morning.

cyndiofthevortex
April 18th, 2013, 01:44 PM
As the long road to healing begins, let's remember to pray that they find the cruel and heartless scumbag and bring him/them to justice. Pray God give the people of Boston (and all of us) strength in this terribly trying time.

cyndiofthevortex
April 18th, 2013, 07:00 PM
They have pictures of two suspects circulating and are waiting for someone to come forward to identify them. This is very good news. They deserve the worst punishment possible. Thank you God for answering prayers.

alliek
April 18th, 2013, 08:27 PM
Lets hope someone can identify them quickly.

MayinJerset
April 19th, 2013, 12:24 PM
It's Friday morning and have been glued to TV watching developements -- the tracking of younger brother in Watertown and possible 3rd person but need to step away for awhile.

cyndiofthevortex
April 19th, 2013, 12:45 PM
The first bomber has been killed, but not before the the two murdered an MIT campus police officer. It seems like the authorities know where the second bomber is but nothing much is happening at the moment, just lots of police around an apartment building in Watertown. All of Boston is shut down. May he please be caught without any more loss of life.

Hulamoon
April 19th, 2013, 01:10 PM
I'm glued to the tv too right now, cnn. I fell asleep to it and woke up to it. I sure hope no one else get's hurt and they get him alive so we can find out what this was all about.

The poor uncle too.

cyndiofthevortex
April 19th, 2013, 01:27 PM
Lots of Boston communities out of power. We have friends and family there so we're really concerned.

institches64
April 19th, 2013, 03:20 PM
Watching the news and waiting to see if they find that other guy. We have friends that work in there and thankfully, they are all home today. We live about 40 minutes from Boston and our heart goes out to all the victims.