PDA

View Full Version : Can you believe it is Monday and the middle of April?

Blondie
April 15th, 2013, 06:49 AM

Happy Monday Folksies!
Sometimes it is difficult for me to keep up with days. I mean I know it is Monday morning. I know it is April 15, ergo, tax deadline day for the USA, but somehow I feel as if I have done time travel. Not quite the Diane G. books that Trish and I are both fond of, but, you know what I mean? I can't believe it is the middle of April. Yep. Time travel.

This past weekend, of course, were my work days. After work on Saturday the yard work commenced. We did get some of the garden spot tilled up. Since my tomato plants dried up and died while I had that virus last month (remember, hubby forgot that I had them under grow lights in the basement and left the lights on,lol) I purchased a few small plants to get in the ground. Luscious has sown some other veggie seeds. Then we joined my DD and her man at Sis's house to cut up one big oak that they felled the other week. Still two trees to cut up. The oak was a huge one. Now that it is cut up, the next big project will be splitting it. I like to see working men.

Yesterday we got some grass cut on The Hill and then fired up the barbie. I love this time of year. I am not mentioning the obvious that since it is gently raining and it's a Monday. It will help all of our newly planted veggies.
Not much sewing done this past weekend. That will be changed today. Since it will be a wet day, I will stay inside and sew something. Not quite sure what. I will most likely bring some old old quilt blocks to embellish. My DD has the day off and wants Sis and I to come over to her house and visit. So, embellishing while visiting sounds good to me. I won't let rainy days and Monday get me down. I always shine on the inside.

Blessings, prayers, hugs and lots of smiles to each one here.

Blondie

Granny Judy
April 15th, 2013, 07:10 AM
Good Morning.. I am up early.. hearing thunder and waiting for the front edge of the storm to hit. I finished up another quilt for Marilyn's Group, Cardinal Glennon PICU. Will get it washed and sent off this week.

Had a lovely Sunday with all the warm temps and sunshine. Sat out on the back patio deck and watched the birds fly in and out and fight over the new feeder's DD#2 set out. She's a nature lover!! Animal activist.. and environmental research professor, thus I call her "my absent minded professor". She forgets everything when nature watchin'.

Got a "red" nose from the sun.. found the Noxema and I'm a happy Granny... White nose and all. Got plans to get some container gardening started this week and yard clean up. Raking and hauling away the limbs and sticks that fell out of the trees. Thankfully we have a small yard.

Hugs to all and hope your day is filled with lots of Sunny happenings and Happy events.

MayinJerset
April 15th, 2013, 07:25 AM
Good Monday Morning, I see the 2 of you gals were outdoors this weekend working or thinking about your gardens. Most gardening stuff we did was talk with next door neighbor about our lawns. Landscaper cut our grass Friday and picked up branches, etc. so we are looking good. Will have to get the wild onions pulled from around our foundation plantings, no matter how many times we dig them up, replace the soil there and mulch the area those pesky onions find a way back.

So many gals have said they have found good bargins for jelly rolls and layer cakes at Big Lots stores so I stopped at one that just opened in our area. No luck for the fabrics but did find a few things I could use at good prices. No special plans for this week, no appointments or meetings so I better use my time wisely and do some Spring cleaning and fill the freezer with meals for busy days. Have a good middle of April week and hope you all got your taxes in the mail in time. May

quilter.martha
April 15th, 2013, 07:28 AM
Morning all. Yep, today is tax day and I am ever so happy about it! I have to work today and tomorrow and then my job is finished for a while. It has been one of the most grueling tax seasons I've ever had, and I've been doing taxes for 21 years now. I blame part of that on Congress not passing their fiscal cliff changes until Jan 2. That put the IRS on hold for almost a whole month and people just didn't get busy and file. Last week I put in almost 60 hours, so needless to say, there was no sewing for me. Yesterday I got a little time in my sewing room and it felt good. Helped me relax some. I'm looking forward to some quality time with my projects starting real soon now.

Monique
April 15th, 2013, 07:35 AM
Good morning friends. I had a really nice weekend. On Saturday we were invited to friends for dinner. We stayed the night. My brother came to visit yesterday and stayed for dinner. He made me a beautiful wooden trivet for my pots to rest on when they are hot. We went for a nice walk and saw 8 deer. Just a nice day all around, although I was feeling a tad tough in the morning. I also got the baby quilt sandwiched and started. Another work day today and I HAVE to go pay for my driver's license today. It expires tomorrow.

The temperature will be quite warm all this week, thank goodness.

Enjoy your day friends.

MRoy
April 15th, 2013, 08:11 AM
Good morning! I have a sore arm and shoulder this morning from pulling the start cord on DH's gas weed eater yesterday. I was figuring out how to start it so I can use it. I don't like using a weed eater but sometimes I have to. When we moved the sewing room into the yard we put plastic under it. I spent yesterday afternoon pinning down the plastic around the edges and trimming the extra so it will be ready for the underpinning. Still waiting for DH to hook up the electricity. He's busy farming and fencing so I'm being patient.
I put my ferns on the front porch yesterday. Maybe it won't get cold enough now to have to take them back inside.
Martha, Happy April 15th!

bkthomas
April 15th, 2013, 08:21 AM
Good morning friends. I had a really nice weekend. On Saturday we were invited to friends for dinner. We stayed the night. My brother came to visit yesterday and stayed for dinner. He made me a beautiful wooden trivet for my pots to rest on when they are hot. We went for a nice walk and saw 8 deer. Just a nice day all around, although I was feeling a tad tough in the morning. I also got the baby quilt sandwiched and started. Another work day today and I HAVE to go pay for my driver's license today. It expires tomorrow.

The temperature will be quite warm all this week, thank goodness.

Enjoy your day friends.

I won't tell anyone that tomorrow is your Birthday!!!

shermur
April 15th, 2013, 08:36 AM
Monday morning? And tax day, too? UGH! LOL Busy weekend for us, we had softball, massive allergy reactions/symptoms and loss of sleep. In fact, hubby is sick this morning and probably taking a sick day. I almost got my Navy daughter's quilt completely pieced, just a couple of borders and the sashing to go. Let's cross our fingers we can get through the week unscathed!

Bubby
April 15th, 2013, 08:42 AM
Good Morning!

We are expecting severe storms this evening with large hail. We had a pretty weekend. We worked at the apartments Saturday and I must have lifted something too heavy and my back is really acting up. This is likely related to breaking my back in two places in 2010.

Jeff is back to work and I have a load of clothes in the washer. Jeff will put them in the dryer this afternoon when he gets home.

We bought potting soil Saturday and I found some sweet yellow banana pepper plants and snatched them up. We haven't been able to find them the last two years and they are jeff's favorites. We have loads of yard work to get done. Jeff mowed the lawn at our house this weekend. It looks a lot better around here.

Martha, you can finally exhale after tomorrow! We had trouble getting our returns prepared because our accountant was waiting for forms from the government to be released...a real headache. I'm sure it made every preparer have to work so much harder than usual. It will make you appreciate the peace and quiet that much more.

Wishing everyone a great Monday!

Hugs, Barb

Mpyles
April 15th, 2013, 08:54 AM
Good morning. My weekend flew by!! I was off both days..a rarity. Stayed around the house Saturday and worked on a doll quilt..just need the binding sewed down. Did the prom thing with my daughter 45257. Isn't she beautiful!!

Went to a trunk show. Here is just one of the many we saw by Debbie Maddy. 45258

Then on Sunday I took a class for working with silk and made a table runner I posted in show and tell. Then the weekend was over!!
Storms forecasted for the next few days...I live and work in tornado alley..so icky weather is not fun!

Everyone have a great day!!

CrazyMtnLady
April 15th, 2013, 09:14 AM
Good Morning everyone. Blondie I wish I had half your energy :)

Today is opening day of Turkey season so the guys are off to the woods. Heard a few gobbles so hopefully they have a little luck and then it will be wild turkey breast on the grill tonight! I put a pork roast on the rotisserie yesterday and ET is ready for me to pack my bags and move in with him and his wife. He couldn't stop oohing and aahing over it. :) I am hoping the rain stays away but there is a few days of rain forecast.

The weather looks awful out in the western US. The snow is really piling up out there. For those of you who live in those areas getting hit with this storm please be careful.

Have a wonderful day.
Hugs and prayers to all.

Blondie
April 15th, 2013, 09:19 AM
Mary, your gal IS gorgeous. Love the happiness on her face.
And the quilt being shown from the trunk ho is ambitious!
Thank you for sharing.

Good morning. My weekend flew by!! I was off both days..a rarity. Stayed around the house Saturday and worked on a doll quilt..just need the binding sewed down. Did the prom thing with my daughter 45257. Isn't she beautiful!!

Went to a trunk show. Here is just one of the many we saw by Debbie Maddy. 45258

Then on Sunday I took a class for working with silk and made a table runner I posted in show and tell. Then the weekend was over!!
Storms forecasted for the next few days...I live and work in tornado alley..so icky weather is not fun!

Everyone have a great day!!

aliaslaceygreen
April 15th, 2013, 09:37 AM
Good morning, and I totally agree! (but if time travel got me to Jamie for a wee keek, lol)....
Rainy here this AM, and I have today and tomorrow off. No Laylabug either, as her mom did some swapping at work this week.
SO. I need to get off this computer and QUILT!
Really and seriously, if you see me, chase me away!

Hoping everyone's weekend was great and that the week coming is a good one...
If you need a positive vibe for the day, go find my Laylabug video from last week. It's brought grown men to laughter..

buckeyequilter
April 15th, 2013, 09:43 AM

Good morning......

My taxes have been done for a while now...but they're not difficult to do. Some of the accountants and tax preparers that I know will have tomorrow off work....a tax holiday or something like that.

Saturday we went to the gun show (hubs got a gun) and to the antique shops...I didn't find anything I wanted. It was nice to get out of the house. Sunday I worked on my maple leaf quilt...I'm putting it together now and this quilt has been a learning experience and it is a lot of fun watching the rows go together...like working a puzzle. I hope to get the last 4 rows on tonight and then I'll put the borders on and get it ready for quilting. I need to redo one stem square so I think I will get that fixed before moving on...because if I leave it - it will bug me and I won't like the quilt as much.

I tuned into the oldie on the TV yesterday and they WERE oldies. Everything from Johnny Horton to The Rolling Stones, but it was fun hearing some of those old tunes. I usually have sitcoms running...but am a bit tired of those.

Well need to get some stuff done here. Have a wonderful day! Prayers & hugs

GinnyKNC
April 15th, 2013, 10:24 AM
Good Morning. I spent most of the weekend with Autumn as she isn't doing well and didn't get my quilt quilted as I had planned. I really need to get it done this week. The flowers are just coming and going :) The trees are all in bloom, the tulips are up, the irises are starting to bloom, the rose bushes are getting ready and the peonies are coming up. My roses don't do well here so I think I'm going to get more peonies this year and start planting them in the rose garden and slowly let the roses go. I might try the roses in a different section of the yard after treating the ground a bit. The hydrangea's are getting green too and I can't wait for them to bloom.
Blondie I wish you could share that energy of yours :) I'm only planting a few tomato plants this year and I'm actually going to plant them on my deck in pots. I did that a few years back and had more tomato's than I knew what to do with so I'm taking the easy way out and doing the deck again :)
I hope everyone has a beautiful and blessed week.

WendyI
April 15th, 2013, 10:37 AM
Morning all!! Mary your daughter is absolutely stunning!! And how sweet that her date has a bow tie matching her dress! Exciting weekend for her and you! Ginny, sorry to hear Autumn is not doing well. (((HUGS))))

Had a nice weekend...did lots of sewing, finished the baby quilt but not happy with the binding and did NOT pre-wash the flannel so now i"m torn between washing it before giving or issuing the warning when I gift it! I plan on making a back up quilt anyway that has either NO flannel or is ALL flannel so shouldn't be a big deal.

Liam tried to play hooky from school today...gotta love 10 year old boys. Said his throat hurt...soooooBAAAAD!! So I said, well then you must be REALLY sick and need rest so in bed all day, no electronics whatsoever and if I find out you're NOT sick you will be in more trouble than you have EVER been in your entire 10 years of life.

He lasted about five minutes and then told me he was fine to go to school...so we shall see! Wee bugger.

So here I sit at work...feast or famine as usual....last week was INSANE....this week, dead again. uhg.

Honeycamp
April 15th, 2013, 10:50 AM
good morning new friends
Blondie, I just know you are happy for the rain thgis morning for what you planted yesterday.
today is just a nice day to stay iside and look through my quilting magazines, which are beginning to accumulate.
Sooner or later I will actually begin to make one

EnumclawGramma
April 15th, 2013, 10:52 AM
Happy Monday! And by that I mean ..."ugh!" We actually had light snow yesterday morning and hail. My trees are blooming. Bulbs are blooming. Occasional sun breaks. So....snow? Really?
I finished a zigzag table runner with matching placemats last week using Farmer's Market. I'm really happy with the way it turned out, and glad to check that off my UFO list. Baby quilt next! I am loving my new sewing room, having space to work is AWESOME! Just being in there is inspiring, know what I mean?
Today is housework day. Lots to do. Yesterday was DH's birthday. I can't believe I knew him at 17 and now he's 57! Oy! Where does the time go?
I haven't posted much lately, but I've been reading, and really enjoying all the new projects being finished and displayed. You all are SO inspiring to me!

Hugs and prayers to all who want/need. Have a wonderful Monday and do something that makes you smile!

Evilynn
April 15th, 2013, 11:10 AM
Good afternoon dear friends!

It's grey again, no sunshine to be seen. I buried myself inside the house, digging myself through fabrics (mostly the ones kellie sent me ;) ), browsing websites for more fabrics and pre-cuts because the tote-bag-bug has bit me. Yesterday I made a tote-bag out of mini-charmpacks or candy how moda calls them and I like it so much that I want to make more! I still haven't received the package from my order (the one I had to pay taxes on) and now I am getting a bit worried. I checked from etsy today and I ordered them over a month ago! Jeez.

Blondie, I like how busy you are in the garden. I wish I could do that too, but although the snow is melting here pretty quick now, I still have to wait a while :(

Wendy, kids sometimes do that. Perhaps he just had one of these days that we adults have too sometimes. ;) But you reacted nicely with saying that he is oh so sick and has to stay whole day in bed :D

Mary, your daughter looks gorgeous in that dress! And I like how elegant her date looks in the suit! How great they looked.

Have a nice day everybody!

Hugs to all of you

Steffie

Sandy Navas
April 15th, 2013, 11:18 AM
I'm up and semi-at'em this morning. Already had hugs from three of the most-loving little rug-rats . . . That and "Nana, will you please turn on PBS Kids for me?"

I did sew yesterday!!!! YEAH!!!! Got a chicken ready for the pot (inside joke . . . right Lorie?), made some coasters, put up with little ones wanting to help (can we fold scraps?) Oh, that box is too heavy. Don't you have a little box of scraps? Didn't get my coasters finished so I'm going to plan on doing that today and then . . . PICU quilt or two? And, I still have to try to get some more things moved and decide where I'm putting my sewing machine collection (WHA!!!)

DD canned yesterday. 44 qts of pickled asparagus, 8 qts of dilled asparagus, 8 qts of banana peppers, 4 qts of sweet peppers. There are so many things I don't understand, but I won't go into how she can be on her feet all day long and then complain about having to drive one of the kids to music lessons . . . I just try to keep my mouth shut and stay out of the way.

Enough!! I'm off here and headed to have fun, fun, fun - even without any sun, sun, sun!!

Oh, Al took me out yesterday for lunch and said he had to look for a new keyboard - wound up bringing ME home a brand-new computer. I have decided to wait until tomorrow to try to get files transferred and everything set up - YES, feel sorry for me. WINDOWS *8*.

http://iwanttodrawacatforyou.com/wp-content/uploads/3469.jpg (http://iwanttodrawacatforyou.com/?tag=baseball-cap)

EmmaB
April 15th, 2013, 12:23 PM
Good Monday morning all!

Spring gives me such a great feeling!! And although I woke up to my body making the sounds of Rice Krispies I enjoyed every minute of this weekend. Saturday and Sunday morning I was out soaking up some sun doing yard work. Sunday afternoon was spent at my mom's with my 3 sisters and 1 brother plus their families flying kites. It was almost too windy but we flew them anyway. My niece grilled burgers and we all had a great time. Being Monday, I'm stuck in this dreary old office again and am so antsy to be outside. Oh well, gotta make a living!

That prom dress is gorgeous and she looks so excited! I believe prom was the only highlight of high school, for me anyway :)

Weedeaters....I think they hate me. I'm a pretty mechanical type person but me and the weedeater do not get along. I would rather use a hoe. Maybe one day the weedeater and I will make peace with each other.

I've let a very bad thing happen. My drivers license has expired passed the point to where I have to take the written and driving test!! Besides telling this group, there is only one other person that knows this. I would like to say I've been trying my best to study but I can't say that. It's so crazy, when I start thinking about it I get really nervous!!!! LOL I'm not so concerned with the driving aspect but mostly of the written test. When I study, it's like my brain can't hang on to what I'm reading. This Wednesday is when I'm going to take the test. Even just typing this I'm getting nervous about it and I'm so angry with myself. When it expired there was so much going on with my daughter's health that I forgot all about it. Do you think the drivers license bureau would accept this as an excuse LOL! Good grief.

lilmouse
April 15th, 2013, 12:23 PM
Morning all, I didn't accomplish anything all weekend; just took it easy...long day at work today and then I am off until Friday...will have to try and get something done around here...got a commission from one of the girls at work, a quilt with enough drape to cover mattress and box spring and pillows....going to be a big one....already picked out a jelly roll and will have to get some coordinating fabric for it...will take her shopping when the time arrives...have to finish up two quilts for Steve's sister...bartered that one .....so have a busy week ahead of me and can't wait to get started...also have to make a complete COC quilt and the blocks in various stages to show my girls the first week in May...am so excited about this...will see how it goes next month.
Have to get ready for work...will check back in after work tonight and catch up!
Hugs and prayers and smiles for all in need.
Susie

toggpine
April 15th, 2013, 12:54 PM
Ack!
I have to get our taxes filed today. I tried to do it a month and a half ago, but the site I used last year wouldn't play nice with my Safari browser this year. Then I tried to borrow Mom's laptop, and it just sat in a holding pattern trying to access the site. Now, of course, several days passed between each event. So if I can't get the step-son's computer to play nice, I will have to go to the post office and get the paper ones. Lord help me!

Once I get that finished, then I'll try to go to work. I have Em with me this week, as it is spring break here. I think we have some painting to do and possibly a dog to wash on top of the other, regular housework.

Perhaps I'll get to sew tonight, or maybe I'll just collapse into a heap after I make supper, who knows.

Lisapc
April 15th, 2013, 01:08 PM
Hubby is home today with Lil' Peter being on school vacation. No fun but clothes shopping on our to do list. I am planting my tomato and pepper seeds tonight but nothing will go in the ground for another month around here. I can't wait.

I got some organizing done in my sewing room but have a lot more to do. I hope to finish at least one thing this evening. Something for my home first!

Mary, your daughter is so pretty. Not everyone can pull off pink in my opinion and she does it well. That quilt is so pretty. I love the colors.

Wendy, your son is a hoot. Mine tells me every day that coughing kids shouldn't be allowed in school with his little pathetic cough for effect. I just remind him if he misses school then there will be no playtime or video games with Dad for the next 2 nights because of the makeup work he will have. He then complains the whole time he gets ready for school because, "there shouldn't be laws that make kids go to school and have homework".

Happy Day to all!

Tanya D
April 15th, 2013, 01:13 PM
Good Monday morning everyone!

I had a great weekend...despite the foot of snow we got. Spend most of Saturday making the blocks for the Falling Charms quilt. Saturday night we ventured out in the snowstorm to watch the Calgary Roughnecks play Rochester. We are big lacrosse fans and although the roads were horrible, we made it there and back and had a fun night out.

Sunday morning my son had some volunteer duties to fulfill for his lacrosse team. I spent half the day there taking pictures for his team and watching the little kids play lacrosse. Then I came home and finished up all my blocks except for 6 of them. I ran out of the strips I cut...I was short by 1/2"...how frustrating is that?

So back to my LAQ who has a full bolt of it in her stash...she stocks quite a bit of fabric to sell.

I've got Zumba tonight...looking forward to dancing with the girls and getting fit at the same time.

I hope everyone has a great day!

shannonsaulter
April 15th, 2013, 01:54 PM
GM all its wet here in So Cal...I worked all weekend but did manage to get a lot of my stash on to
comic book boards..its my Thursday so almost my weekend..