PDA

View Full Version : Everything At Our House Come to a Halt. . .

Mary Ruth
April 14th, 2013, 09:23 PM
. . when the Masters Golf Tournament began on Thursday. It ended this evening with a young man from Australia, Adam, winning on a two hole playoff. His opponent in the playoff was a 56 year old gentleman, Angel, from Argentina. The two of them were very competitive but in no way unfriendly for unsportsman like. I wanted both of them to win. If you follow golf, you already know that. If you don't. at least you know why I haven't cleaned house or quilted in four days. I might add that this is the first Masters win (ever) by an Aussie. I'm happy for them.

The Masters Course is in Augusta, Georgia, USA, and is absolutely beautiful. The Old Course in Scottland is probably more historically notable but the Masters is "right up there."

I played golf at a very amatuer level until I had major surgery in 2009. I would like to play again - just for fun - but I don't think I can swing the clubs effectively. I plan to try a three-par course sometime this summer. Maybe, just maybe . .

Now that I've wasted four days and bored everyone with my chatter it's time to get back on track. Cleaning and quilting coming up this week. Hope all is well with everyone.

asta
April 14th, 2013, 10:40 PM
Mary Ruth, that is about the same time I was forced to give up the sport due to a shoulder injury. I played at the high school and college level then enjoyed the game for many years after competition ended. Last summer was the first time I was able to complete a full swing and did some practicing in our yard, spent the winter doing some strength training and I am looking forward to getting out on the course as soon as the weather begins to cooperate.
Good luck with the rehab, hope you get a chance to enjoy the courese this summer.
Beth

Lissau
April 14th, 2013, 10:55 PM
Aussie Aussie Aussie OI OI OI !!!..............

"Do you come from a land down under?
Where women glow and men plunder?
Can't you hear, can't you hear the thunder?
You better run, you better take cover."

I come from a land down under
Where beer does flow and men chunder

ilive2craft2
April 14th, 2013, 10:57 PM
Aussie Aussie Aussie OI OI OI !!!..............

"Do you come from a land down under?
Where women glow and men plunder?

Love Men At Work! I think we are showing our age though... :)

We watched a bit of the Masters, my brothers are both golfers, but hubby and I have never gotten into it. I think it would be fun, just keep coming up with other things to occupy our time. Hope you can get back out on the course! Lisa

Lissau
April 14th, 2013, 10:59 PM
lolololool Lisa l cant hit a golf ball to save myself....my grandparents loved it especially my grandfather....

SandyWhite
April 14th, 2013, 11:07 PM
I haven't golfed in years. Perhaps I will dust off my clubs. I just watched the Masters sporadically back and forth between quilting, cleaning, and dog feeding and brushing. TV been on though and tuned in so listened.

MayinJerset
April 14th, 2013, 11:36 PM
DH followed the tournment on and off until it was over. He is a golfer, or I should say was a golfer. He still hits balls at the range but his legs aren't up to playing the course even with a golf cart. Have to agree the grounds are beautiful especially with all the shurbs and trees in bloom.

Mecread
April 14th, 2013, 11:46 PM
I only follow Kenny Perry as he's semi local ... he's from one of the towns has a LQS I use.

Lisapc
April 15th, 2013, 12:03 AM
I am glad you enjoyed yourself. I am not into golf but a good girlfriend of mine is as well as one of my older brothers. Hubby was a league golfer for about 15 yrs but gave it up before we were together. He watched some of it the past few days and definitely watched the last bit today.

I went to the grocery today and on my way home I passed two different houses with men and women outside putting in their yards. I guess the season has begun. I hope you get to play yourself soon!

CountryHut
April 15th, 2013, 12:28 AM
well, I don't get it . . why in the world someone would want to hit some tiny ball that they sit on a piece of stick and then hit it with
something they called an iron - then walk for miles to toss their balls in what they call a washer - just to sit that little clean ball on that stick again - beat the tar out of it - after it's been washed - just to try to get the tiny ball in some hole - and then bring the eagles in on the deal . .

just give me a bowling ball -- I can throw that away - and the little booger comes back to me -- and without walking miles - don't have to toss it in a washer . . once in a while if I yell at it - it will come back with crap marks and I will have to polish it in my trustie 2 handle polishing towel :) . . YEP that works for me . .

LOL*~

Tanya D
April 15th, 2013, 12:37 AM
I didn't watch it all until the playoff round. My parents however are glued to the TV for the whole tournament.

They had the pleasure of going to watch the Masters one year. They loved it. It sure is beautiful there.

phoots
April 15th, 2013, 12:41 AM
I don't follow golf as closely as you sound like you follow it. Don't hate me, but I like Tiger Woods. When he's playing I'll watch.

Pam in Vegas

Mary Ruth
April 15th, 2013, 02:13 AM
Diane, I truly know where you're coming from. There was a time that I felt exactly the same way. I was 53 before I picked up a club. It was/still would be an exercise "thing" with me. I was always into sports and loved being active. I began golf because I was worried about injuries or worse.