PDA

View Full Version : I'm back online... Exciting weekend!

CrazyMtnLady
April 14th, 2013, 04:30 PM
It has been an exciting weekend here on Crazy Woman Mountain!

It all started around 2:30pm Friday afternoon when someone about 10 miles away was putting in a fence post and broke the DSL telephone/internet line. We just got back online a little while ago.

Then Friday night about 7:30 MonkeyButt (the cat) jumped up on my lap and started having contractions. Why do all the female cats I've had insist on having their babies in my lap? We grabbed a garbage bag for protection and old towels and after 3 hours we now have 4 little kittens. 2 boys and 2 girls. We were watching John Wayne's movie Hatari at the time so I named the first boy which was pretty good size and sure took some time...Timbo (the name of the baby elephant in the movie) the second was another boy which I call Pockets after Red Buttons character and then the girls are Brandy and Dallas after the two girls in the movie. They all look pretty much alike. One of the girls is more of a gray tiger than the other 3 though. This is all the pics I have at the moment. I will have to get some more pictures taken and posted. I just love babies.. :)http://i48.tinypic.com/bfqzl.jpghttp://i46.tinypic.com/15qvzgp.jpg

Our friend from Texas showed up yesterday around noon. It was great to see him. We sat around and chatted for a while then went to town. We stopped at the local bar and grill and ate and then went to the store. Then came home and sat around drinking Corona Extra and lime...slight headache this morning ...wonder why. Daniel and ET sure have kept me in stitches...they are hilarious.

Today is a beautiful day 82* and sunny. We finally got our DSL back and able to get back on line and as soon as we did we lost power. It has been really windy and there must have been a tree blown down. It took about an hour before we had power back. And our mule KatieDip got out and we had to chase her down and get her back in the pasture..

Now I have a roast going on the rotisserie and we are having a great day...

So it has been an exciting weekend so far....glad to be back online though... I missed everyone.

Hope all of you are having a wonderful weekend.

Musical_Starling
April 14th, 2013, 04:37 PM
Wow, exciting for sure! Look at that little face!! I'd love to volunteer at a shelter with kittens but I know I'd be sneaking at least one home every night in a pocket lol

HandsOffItsMine
April 14th, 2013, 04:45 PM
(((Donna))), glad you're all safe up on the hill after all that excitement!

Sure wish Don didn't develop such sinus problems that we can't have cats indoors anymore. Even after the major Rotor job on his nose, still snoring and allergies! But there is nothing like a kitty's purrrrr to get rid of the blues. :D

Enjoy the feast you're cooking and have a drink for us, since neither one of us can drink. Heck fireshoot have 2 or more for us! hehehe

Huggers, Ruby and Don

ilive2craft2
April 14th, 2013, 05:08 PM
Exciting times indeed! Cute kittens! Glad they were able to fix your DSL and power so quickly. We sat out for a bit on the patio...so nice to have sunshine for a change! We may cook hamburgers out on the grill tonight...mmmhmm

Jean Sewing Machine
April 14th, 2013, 05:26 PM
How sweet, those moma cats know a safe place to give birth. So manyf them go hide in a closet or drawer to give birth! You are the cat birthing coach!

Iris Girl
April 14th, 2013, 05:40 PM
such cute kitties and an exciting weekend , relax and enjoy the babies, have a drink or 2. Glad your safe.

Sew Perfect
April 14th, 2013, 05:43 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6o0Cah5kQU Just for you, Donna! Love the babies!

CrazyMtnLady
April 14th, 2013, 06:14 PM
Thanks Misa...I love that song...and that show.

bkthomas
April 14th, 2013, 06:18 PM
You do lead an exciting life Donna! Cute kitties!

Sandy Navas
April 14th, 2013, 09:53 PM
DD said she heard funny noises outside her bedroom window last night - she's hoping her little female isn't in heat. Me, love the kitties - What the World Needs Now is more Kitties!!

Live on Crazy Woman Mountain is right up my alley. Glad to have you back on line though.

New York Sue
April 14th, 2013, 10:29 PM
If we ONLY lived closer, Donna! My daughter has been looking for a replacement mouser for her farm home, and she'd like a kitten.
YaYa, may he RIP, is going to be a hard act to follow. He sure was one scrappy cat! He didn't just keep mice out of the home, he blocked off a 2-3 acre perimeter!
No foo-foo cat will do.
I'm sure an Ozark Mountain kitty would fit the bill! If only... ;)

MayinJerset
April 14th, 2013, 11:41 PM
Glad you are back on line and welcome to the new kitties.

Lisapc
April 15th, 2013, 12:45 AM
In your lap? I have never heard of that and what a gift to be given. She, should I say they have all trusted and loved you so much. Hatari is my favorite John Wayne movie so I obviously adore the names you chose. I am glad you had a great weekend and it is good to have you back.

auntiemern
April 15th, 2013, 02:06 AM
Congrats on the new kitties. I don't know if I could take that much excitement. Glad you have your DSL back, and can keep in touch,

Mchelem
April 15th, 2013, 02:10 AM
My female dog and the males are separated now so we don't have puppies...... They're driving me nuts! One of my boys will start howling and the other joins in lol.... They can't stand not being with her!

Blondie
April 15th, 2013, 07:28 AM
Awww, kittens. Nothing short of precious.

I feel your frustration of cut wires.

Blessings to YOU

Monique
April 15th, 2013, 07:37 AM
Aw cute little babies.

Jean Sewing Machine
April 15th, 2013, 10:24 AM
Donna, my kids and grandkids were so taken by the pictures of the kitties! And how trusting of Momma Cat to have them in your lap and let you handle them right away. So many momma cats hide and won't let humans touch the babies for weeks. I guess you arereally a Kitty Whisperer!

WendyI
April 15th, 2013, 10:31 AM
Wow...that is really unusual for cats to do that...they must really love you...so sweet...thanks for sharing. Bad Mule! OMG I would LOVE to have a mule! They're so great! Sounds like you had a fantastic weekend!! And what's this thing "sun" everyone keeps referring to??

Evilynn
April 15th, 2013, 11:35 AM
OMG so cute! Please make sure to take and post more pictures. Sandy got it right: THE WORLD NEEDS MOAR KITTENS! I always get so excited when I see kittens. Thank you for sharing!

Oh... and i have never heard of a cat giving birth in a humans lap! That means she must really feel super safe with you and trust you so much that she would leave you her babies... that's a very special relation! You must be a cat whisperer :)

And Wendy: I think there's some weird law in Europe that says if you own a mule inside the EU, you're eligable for 1000 EUR per year subventions. LOL! :p And they say only Americans have weird laws ;)