PDA

View Full Version : Income Tax

WVGranny
April 13th, 2013, 09:27 PM
Just filed my income taxes and was so upset that all the taxes I pay and am not going to get back is wasted , while our elderly suffer from tax cuts

CountryHut
April 13th, 2013, 09:36 PM
WV-Granny . . I'm upset that my Mom is 81 yrs young and STILL had to pay 44.00 - *ugh*~ . . . her income is under 16K a year . .
*smacking forehead*~ . . -- but those that are single with a few youngins can collect over 5K return from the un-earned income

hubby was waaaaaaay out of sorts when he paid in over 24K for 2012 and the prices of everything keeps going up and up

Sandy Navas
April 13th, 2013, 10:34 PM
Don't get ME started!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://jimbenton.com/page5/files/Jim%20Benton%20dont%20get%20me%20started.jpg

Lisapc
April 13th, 2013, 11:28 PM
Really, don't get me started! Too late, the people that have worked all of their lives and contributed to the system forever should not be paying taxes over the age of 67 unless they are millionaires!

ilive2craft2
April 13th, 2013, 11:40 PM
We worked on ours and my moms today and the plan is to do my mother in laws tomorrow. Put me in a lousy mood for sure!

MRoy
April 14th, 2013, 12:07 AM
We filed our taxes today. All I can say is "Thank goodness for depreciation." The problem with that is you have to buy something to be able to depreciate it so another piece or two of farm equipment gets bought.

Sharyn J
April 14th, 2013, 12:20 AM
I just filed mine too. It's depressing. Maybe I'll buy a charm pack with my big refund!

Mpyles
April 14th, 2013, 12:44 AM
It will never change, I am convinced of that! Anything relating to the government...in order for my kids to go to college and apply for a scholarship...I have to tell the government what I make...go figure...you'd think they would have that figured out. They won't help pay for it..yeah..we work..I know...strange concept for some. ....oh wait a minute...maybe not..their getting their education on me....now who's the smart one.....hmmmm..

Mpyles
April 14th, 2013, 12:46 AM
Then to top that....they won't let me take the full tuition credit on my taxes...but yeah if I don't work they are gonna give me money I didn't even pay....yep! I shoulda been lazy!

Mchelem
April 14th, 2013, 05:47 AM
Try being self employed.... Your employers pay half your social security and Medicare, we pay 100% of ours and a higher tax rate.

Mpyles
April 14th, 2013, 08:40 AM
Try being self employed.... Your employers pay half your social security and Medicare, we pay 100% of ours and a higher tax rate.

You do know there is a tax deduction for that portion you pay as the employer. Also a deduction for the health insurance you provide for yourself to.

asta
April 14th, 2013, 10:17 AM
And we all pay in so that people like my neighbor can collect unemployment for 3 years now-don't get me wrong he earns thousands of $ a month working side jobs for cash off the books-while his live in unemployed GF and her 4 children (the youngest 2 are his) collect several forms of government checks. They were bragging last month that they get a "refund" of more than they paid in and were using that as down payment to buy their new Hummer.

WVGranny
April 14th, 2013, 11:22 AM
I work on the medical side of things and I do see the cuts and the communist side of how things are headed telling our elderly where they have to get their supplies and the suppliers being told what they have to charge I'll give any one a helping hand and sometimes its much needed but I should have a larger say in where my taxes are being spent

Mchelem
April 14th, 2013, 02:28 PM
You do know there is a tax deduction for that portion you pay as the employer. Also a deduction for the health insurance you provide for yourself to.
Health insurance??? We can't afford that......we haven't had health insurance in 3 years. If we have to go to the dr or hospital, we pay OOP. In fact, the hospital wasn't sure what to do when DH handed the girl his bank card to pay for an ER visit when I broke out in hives. She was like "um, we don't normally get paid unless you have insurance" lol.

Health insurance for the 2 of us would be more expensive than our house payment.

And we do get deductions for job materials paid, our 1099 contractors we pay and other things. And I will admit that I do put our personal eating out meals on our taxes. But we barely break even. We haven't received a tax refund in 5-6 years. Of course we haven't had to pay in a lot either, so it averages out.

I think the "let me take these taxes out of your check and hold them, then maybe give you a small portion back" is ridiculous....

Mchelem
April 14th, 2013, 02:30 PM
And we all pay in so that people like my neighbor can collect unemployment for 3 years now-don't get me wrong he earns thousands of $ a month working side jobs for cash off the books-while his live in unemployed GF and her 4 children (the youngest 2 are his) collect several forms of government checks. They were bragging last month that they get a "refund" of more than they paid in and were using that as down payment to buy their new Hummer.

Those kind of people piss me off!!

If you can afford a Lexus, an iPhone, have your nails manicured and filled ever week, and get your hair done, please don't stand in the grocery store line with your chips, soda and unhealthy junk food, waving around your lone star welfare card!!!

Lindagie
April 14th, 2013, 02:40 PM
I should never have read this thread because tax time always tics me off. Its a shame that you can work for 40 or 50 years, pay your axes, try to save and pay for everything yourself; then when you retire and think you can relax a bit, the idiots in Congress and the state Legislature screw you over. Everything is backwards and upside down in this country.

MartinaG
April 14th, 2013, 02:41 PM
Health insurance??? We can't afford that......we haven't had health insurance in 3 years.

We just had our taxes done and the tax person asked us if we had health insurance (which - fortunately, we do.) Next year, if we DIDN'T have it, there would be a hefty fine due to the new government regulations on "affordable" health care. The following year, the fine would double. I hope it will really be affordable for your family.

We had a nasty surprise this year because DH's retirement payout pushed us in a different category. We had to pay through the nose.

Mchelem
April 14th, 2013, 02:49 PM
We just had our taxes done and the tax person asked us if we had health insurance (which - fortunately, we do.) Next year, if we DIDN'T have it, there would be a hefty fine due to the new government regulations on "affordable" health care. The following year, the fine would double. I hope it will really be affordable for your family.

We had a nasty surprise this year because DH's retirement payout pushed us in a different category. We had to pay through the nose.
Great. Now we"ll be forced to do something else by the government.

I read an interesting article about this "new affordable insurance" and come to find out, the president and his family don't have it. They have other insurance. Seems his new insurance isn't good enough for him and his family....