PDA

View Full Version : Wednesday Jan 26 - Happy Birthday Australia Day

Dragonfly
January 25th, 2011, 10:38 PM
http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj264/vegemite_yum/FarewellfromAustralia.gif

Good morning all, I thought I would jump in early and say a big Happy Birthday to my wonderful country. It's Australia Day here with lots of celebrating happening. DH is about to take me out to lunch and a movie, sounds nice, and then we will go visit with my daughter SIL and grandchildren, what a great way to spend the day.

Have a wonderful day everyone.

janluna
January 26th, 2011, 12:00 AM
Happy Birthday to your country Lynn! Ours is July 4th. I hope you have lots of fun today with your DH and your children and grandchildren. Family is so important. You have been a great friend and I thank you for that. Someday I hope to visit your country. I know it is quite beautiful. And except for the spiders, snakes and crocodiles and sharks, I would love to see it, LOL Then again there are places I would love to see in my own country. lol Again except for snakes, spiders, alligators, scorpions, and gila monsters( a poisonous lizard) and any other scary thing, I would love to see it. I haven't been to Yellowstone Park, the Grand Canyon, Alaska and Hawaii and would love to see those. I want to visit Ireland, Scotland and Wales. And as long as it's right there, England. {:-> Well, have a great holiday today and have lots of fun. Hugs, Jan L

Sandy Navas
January 26th, 2011, 12:44 AM
A WONDERFUL HAPPY BIRTHDAY, AUSTRALIA!!!

I have ALWAYS wanted to visit - and have friends in Brisbane, Sydney, Perth and scattered around from previous years living in the middle East . . . but never took that trip to 'down-under'.

. . . would I be politically incorrect if I asked you if you know Crocodile Dundee????

Enjoy your special day with your family and friends.

middlesis1966
January 26th, 2011, 01:04 AM
:icon_wave:Happy Australia Day Lynn. Have a blast. After all that has been going on there as of late. This is something that will help ease up people atleast for a day. Can you say PARTY!!!!!!!!!:lol::lol::lol:

craftyladysam
January 26th, 2011, 01:11 AM
Happy Birthday to all our Australian friends! May your day be nothing but Great! Hope all is better over your way!

Dragonfly
January 26th, 2011, 05:14 AM
Can you say PARTY!!!!!!!!!:lol::lol::lol:

Absolutely, with a capital P!
This was Sydney on New Years eve: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48ulv6KnRts

Today has been one very big party across the country and tonight there will be fireworks, maybe not as big as new years but it will be spectacular.

Thankyou for the good wishes, there are a lot of Australians who probably don't feel like a party at the moment but I know a special effort has been made in regard to those areas in the hope of bringing some relaxation and fun into some very grim situations.

Blondie
January 26th, 2011, 06:53 AM
http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff316/leah1995_2007/austrailianflag.jpg
Happy Birthday Austrailia
I sure hope that despite all the saddened hearts a sense of well being, joy and of course that wonderful Aussie Pride will rise today.

quiltingtrish
January 26th, 2011, 08:49 AM
Happy Birthday to Australia!!! Sounds like a fun day for most of you there.

Hugs,

Texsam
January 26th, 2011, 09:44 AM
Happy Birthday Australia!

Blondie
January 26th, 2011, 10:26 AM
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a210/stevenandjana/P1010018.jpg

Okay, so it is raining today; sure beats the snow we were forecast to get. It's a cold rain but not a downpour thankfully. It may have some snow in there mixed but as long as it doesn't freeze over I will be h a p p y !!!!!!! I have been downstairs sweeping up my strings and threads. Need to get a pic or two taken of what I have been working on. I have wicked ADD and it shows up in all areas of my life. I never realized that I had this until my precious DD pointed it out to me. That explains a lot of things . . . hehehe. I just thought I was absent minded. Nope. I can tell by the scraps and etc littering my work area and the various stages of incompleted projects that I am spastic at best. But for the most part I understand me. And those who love me, do also, thankfully.
Now back to that self threader that would thread.

NM Lady
January 26th, 2011, 10:28 AM

debinmalaga
January 26th, 2011, 11:20 AM
Happy Birthday to Australia! Have a great day, Lynn!

patticakes
January 26th, 2011, 12:44 PM
To our Aussie Friends!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B57QEEl97po&feature=player_embedded

No time to chat...maybe later!

Happy Quilting all my Lovely Lady Friends!

quiltingtrish
January 26th, 2011, 04:07 PM
Hello everyone! I kept putting off getting ready for school because everyone else around here was closed. Nope, not us. We did get out at 1 though so am finally home from walking and ready for the snow to pile on. May as well be ready - nothing I can do about it except shovel when it's done falling. Supposed to get 2-8 inches - a vast difference, really, if you ask me. I think the weathermen need to get some updated classes on how to read these storms.

I'm going to find some sewing to do for the rest of the day. I surely have plenty of projects to choose from.

Be safe out there everyone.
Hugs,

sally
January 26th, 2011, 05:30 PM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY AUSTRAILIA! Here in Canada we celebrate ours on July 1st. Have a fun day and enjoy the fireworks tonight!

SuzyQue
January 26th, 2011, 07:28 PM
Late to be welcoming the new day, but finally I have a moment to say hi! Happy Birthday to Australia!
Our wintery morning was off to a glorious start. With all snow on the ground, a heavy fog, and the cold temperatures, we awoke to inch thick frost on every tree, bush, everything as far as the eye could see. The fog held on for awhile, but it was like being wrapped in a soft gauze. So still, so quiet. Then as the air temperature rose the frost fell in little flakes from the trees. This was just like being inside a glittery snow globe. So pretty. This lasted for over an hour. Now the day is nearing freezing, so the melting begins and the mud will soon follow. Life on a farm! Muck and mire! Glad to be in-----school is done and let the stitching begin! Make it a good one, with what is left! SuzyQue

Dragonfly
January 26th, 2011, 07:46 PM
Well ladies it was a lovely day here and I spent it with my family so I was happy. This is a link to someone's video of the firework in Sydney, as it is a private video so the fireworks are not seen at their best but you get the idea. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_HWhDLcJ8I

While I'm proud to be Australian I always still think of Australia Day with a small note of sadness because for our indigenous Australians it was the first day of their loss just as it was the first day of our gain. What must they in their primitive culture have thought when they saw those boats sail into Botany Harbour.

I hope you have all had a great day as well, stay warm and out of the snow. :icon_bigsmile:

janluna
January 27th, 2011, 01:46 AM
Lynn, I feel the same way for our indians. I'm glad they are starting to get some of what we took away from them now. They didn't deserve the treatment they got. Hugs, Jan