PDA

View Full Version : Anyone missing Twinkies? How about one of these?

MayinJerset
April 13th, 2013, 02:42 PM

Chambord Twinkie? Chambord is a Black Raspberry Liqueur which we have mixed with Butter Cream and stuffed into our Leske's Twinkie. Available at both stores Sat & Sun while supplies last!

Available at Leske's Bakery is located at 7612 5th Ave (76th St) and 588 5th Ave (16th St) in Brooklyn, New York.

shannonsaulter
April 13th, 2013, 03:00 PM
sorry to say I perfer lil debbies.. :)

Iris Girl
April 13th, 2013, 03:13 PM
I love lil debbies, never was a twinkie fan

Karena1984
April 13th, 2013, 03:31 PM
I wasn't allowed to eat twinkles! Lol I tried one as an adult and didn't like them. Now I love those raspberry zingers!!

buckeyequilter
April 13th, 2013, 03:39 PM
I don't care for Twinkies but I sure love the Hostess cupcakes. I hear they were sold and my be on shelves again this summer.

ilive2craft2
April 13th, 2013, 03:48 PM
Not a big fan of Twinkies, but love those Ho Ho's - from any company :) something about chocolate and cream....mmmh

Lindagie
April 13th, 2013, 06:40 PM
I really miss the Ding Dongs! I have two in the freezer; might have to go get one for my snack.

bkthomas
April 13th, 2013, 06:42 PM
May, those look yummy!!!!

Sandy Navas
April 13th, 2013, 08:27 PM
I USED to be a Twinkies fan - many years ago - FROZEN. Love the Hostess Orange Cupcakes but none of the rest. Not much of a pastry lover unless it is gooey, gooey, gooey.

kensington
April 13th, 2013, 08:28 PM
Little Debbie is making a Twinkie now... can't think of what they call them. Pretty good.

kensington
April 13th, 2013, 08:29 PM
I USED to be a Twinkies fan - many years ago - FROZEN. Love the Hostess Orange Cupcakes but none of the rest. Not much of a pastry lover unless it is gooey, gooey, gooey.

MMMMM.... Orange Cupcakes. Delish.

Lisapc
April 13th, 2013, 11:58 PM
Looks yummy!

phoots
April 14th, 2013, 01:44 AM
I loved Hostess! I love Ding Dongs, Twinkies, and Cupcakes! But I was spoiled with Hostess! Without Hostess I've given up on everything they used to make. It's just not the same. Yes, I am a prejudiced over snack cakes!

Pam in Vegas

MayinJerset
April 14th, 2013, 03:06 AM
Not a big fan of Twinkies, but love those Ho Ho's - from any company :) something about chocolate and cream....mmmh

I also don't care for Twinkies but their chocolate cake with cream filling were the best. Just checked out what else the bakery (Laskes) has, mmmm.45144 They have so many special cakes that my mouth is watering. Their maple glazed donuts sounds good too. Thinking of inviting myself and DH to my sister Carol's in Brooklyn to lunch today and on the way there picking up some goodies at Laske's.

bubba
April 14th, 2013, 12:13 PM
They have been on our shelves here for a couple of weeks. But not the snowballs or tiger tails :icon_cry:

Blondie
April 15th, 2013, 07:32 AM
Yep, I wonder where all the bakers went when the Merita/Hostess closed up? Lucky you to have a Laskes!

I personally love Entenmann's, but have been known to partake a twinkie now and then. I am not too discriminating when it comes to sweet stuff. It all gets in my belly. And then my thighs, child bearing hips and shelf of a butt.

buckeyequilter
April 15th, 2013, 08:15 AM

I love the orange cupcakes and then they started making strawberry cupcakes...I fell in love again :)

MayinJerset
April 15th, 2013, 09:16 AM
Blondie, We usually depend on Entermanns as they are at all our supermarkets. Love their square crumb cake but for awhile it got so small. Glad that the last time DH picked one up it was much larger and thicker in size and plenty of crumbs.
Leske's is a great bakery but since it is in Brooklyn it i ss quite expensive for me to get there as it would cost me almost $20 in bridge tolls from NJ to Brooklyn so I stop there whenever I visit family in Bklyn.

WendyI
April 15th, 2013, 10:41 AM
I don't even think we ever HAD Twinkies in Canada....can't ever remember having one. Same with a lot of the others you mention as well! They sure look yummy though!

Suzyq
April 15th, 2013, 12:09 PM
Wendy, I don't ever remember seeing Twinkies here either, but give me a Jo Louis or Mae West any day!!

EmmaB
April 15th, 2013, 12:28 PM
Hostess, Little Debbie ..... I like them all.

Oh and little debbie twinkies are called Cloud Cakes and they are just as good.

Suzette
April 15th, 2013, 03:32 PM
Wow, and here I was thinking I was the only one who didn't like Twinkies!! :D I always thought they had a weird taste and the texture of the cake part was sticky and gummy. Anyway, don't miss them at all since I didn't eat them. Now Ho Ho's are a different matter all together!! lol

WendyI
April 15th, 2013, 03:38 PM
I tell ya...when we do our drive to Disney in October, I'ma hafta stock up on all of these...especially Ho Ho's...I've heard about them and Little Debbies...so I'm looking forward to trying them! LOL!

Musical_Starling
April 15th, 2013, 10:22 PM
I tell ya...when we do our drive to Disney in October, I'ma hafta stock up on all of these...especially Ho Ho's...I've heard about them and Little Debbies...so I'm looking forward to trying them! LOL!

We get Twinkies here, but you have to get them at a little corner store in packs of 3. They're made by Saputo here in Canada but still have the Hostess brand name. In fact, DH brought home two packs yesterday because he knows I love them :D They remind me of half moons though, just in a different shape. But same squishy vanilla cake with super sweet icing in the middle. I put one pack in the freezer to see if Sandy stumbled on some awesome Twinkie secret that I wasn't privvy to :icon_giggle: