PDA

View Full Version : Saturday Hellos

Blondie
April 13th, 2013, 07:26 AM

It's the weekend Folksies! Hurray! The sun is supposed to be shining all weekend, I can hear the birds outside (love to hear the birds in the morning before the sun is up) and once I am done with work, I will go plant some daylilies down The Hill at Mom's. She received an order on Thursday and is just grooving on getting them in the ground.

After a really rough start to the day yesterday weather wise, the day cleared up and by mid morning, everything was fine. I will admit to being nervous driving to work in nasty weather. I am just thankful to be over the icy type of weather. I mean last week we had the sleet/snow/ freezing rain and the two days later it was in the 70's. And then this morning reading about our Wendy's fall on the ice yesterday hurt. Ouch, girlfriend, hope you are feeling better today. Your day sounds like you are ready for the weekend.

I will try to get back in the forum later and get caught up on the doing's and happenings; I must admit to not getting back online after I turn the computer off in the a.m. Between the weather being so nice, and all the things that must be done, I take every chance to be outside. Soon enough it will be too hot for me to be able to stand the heat, so I am enjoying every fresh breath of Spring.

Blessings, prayers and hugs to you. And remember, you're never fully dressed without a smile.

Bubby
April 13th, 2013, 07:53 AM
Good Morning Blondie,

We are up early getting ready to head to Cuba for a day of work. It's really cold here. We had some trees ripped out of the ground in the storm Wednesday night and a few other repairs to do. I have some tenant issues to take care of also...not a day I'm looking forward to at all.

Spring is eluding us but I have a feeling when it warms up we will have summer rather than spring temperatures. We're itching to work in the yard, too! We will stop in Rolla today and pick up some good potting soil and new chair cushions for the patio.

I cut out the tumblers for my summer quilt yesterday. The whole quilt is tumblers and I had exactly the amount of fabric to cut them out without making any mistakes and somehow I managed to do it! I usually mess up at least one piece.

Wendy, I hope you are feeling okay today. Normally the day after a fall is the worst time. Special hugs to you!

I'm off to get us out the door and on the road.

Wishing everyone a quilty Saturday, Barb

MRoy
April 13th, 2013, 08:11 AM
Good morning! I came home from work yesterday, was asleep by 6 pm and slept all night. I guess practically no sleep Thursday night really caught up with me! Barb, don't overdo today. I hope there aren't major issues with your tenants. I don't think it's going to warm up enough here today for me to cut the grass. It's really grown this week.
Wishing everyone a great Saturday!

Monique
April 13th, 2013, 08:26 AM
Good morning. The weather was not nice yesterday but better than what was predicted. It was just another work day, other than in the morning I was at another post office. She has two cats and my eyes got all watery and red.

Today is just another work day too except that I finish at noon. Not sure what I will do this afternoon.

Have a wonderful day friends.

Iris Girl
April 13th, 2013, 08:34 AM
morning all, just another day here also, dreary at the moment but the weatherman promises sun later. I'm tired this morning and feeling blah, need the sunshine. Cut some squares for a quilt to go to marilyn for PICU, need to quilt something I made for a PIF, just need to get to it all. really need a day off I can call my own..but that ain't happening till hubby finds a real full time job. He has been out of work over a year now and its getting depressing. but I try and smile if just a little. have a wonderful day all.

CountryHut
April 13th, 2013, 08:43 AM
Morning young ladies and all those that follow :)

Blondie your Smile is so fashionable - bright and cheery . . .

Bubby - Two Two - Budwiser - Sheba - Sire - and Freedom meet up with Ms Molly at the Bridge - Freedom stopped by yesterday
*after I dropped a piece of ice on the floor<-- thats when she comes to visits us*~ . . Freedom tells me that your Fur Baby is well
and doing great - she tossed her toys around for everyone to play - then put it in her house for later . . they woof'd a bit and told Freedom that she missed you and Daddy but the Love that she carried to the Bridge will keep her happy and healthy :)

now, wouldn't you know it - the day is done and over -- and I needed some heat n bond -
it seems that I don't ever have enough on hand when I need it -- off to walmart last night at 11:30 -
so I purchased the whole bolt - I won't run out for sometime now . . LOL*~
it's a shame thata few other stores weren't opened -- I could have gotten Monday's errands done
last night . . L*~
fininshed another 10 yards of the tub fabric washed dried ironed and folded . . still don't look as if I put a dent in those
tubs of fabric . . *oh my*~

hubby will be getting up soon - *is it Monday yet*~ . . he seems to think that he can carry over left over words from yesterday . .
*buzzer*~ . . wrong answer . . words are not like roll over minutes . . *Hello like duh*~

everyone have a safe and wonderful day . .

Jean Sewing Machine
April 13th, 2013, 09:04 AM
Good morning, folks! Worked all day yesterday to finish my falling charms quilt. I tried out a new quilt pattern on it, and wowzers, I'm really happy with it.. I had a friend and fellow costumer come by to use my embroidery machine, she is costuming "Annie Get Your Gun" and made the most amazing leather jacket for the male lead out of white buckskin, it is so beautiful. She is making flower appliques for the yoke and down the front of the jacket to trim it up. Knowing her, it wil be the most awesome piece of costume you could imagine, she is soooo good! But, she needed my help to choose the embroidery designs and set up the machine, so I didn't get my quilt completely quilted yesterday before we had to stop. I couldn't stand it, and even though I went to bed late, I got up at 4:30 and had to finish it. When I get it bound, in a little while, I'll post pictures. I'm happy with the quilting design, and will use it again. That is what is nice about doing the hospital quilts, you can practice different things, and if they turn out great, that's wonderful, but if there is a mistake or two, the kids won't mind! And I made this one out of left-over charms from my D4P quilt, so it was practically free! Ha, what's free now a days?

Saw the most amazing play last night, called "Opus" about a string quartet. You say, how interesting could that be? Well, it was gripping, funny, poignant, brought tears to my eyes, and totally well done on a simple platform in the middle of the room. Lighting and 4 chairs were the only set elements. Oh, and I did put velcro on some velvet to cover an ugly round column, so I got a free ticket! Whoooeee! It would have been well worth the money if I had to buy a ticket, but free was even better. This is a new play, our St. Louis Rep Theatre will be doing it next year, if you get a chance to see it, don't miss it, because it is a very well written play.

Got the grandkids for the next two days while mom works. Tomorrow is her birthday, she's my baby and will be 37. Wow, aren't we all getting old! I'll take them out to choose a birthday gift for her today, that will be part of our daily activity.

Hope you all have a great day! Keep warm, cool, dry, happy!

Ginny B
April 13th, 2013, 09:42 AM
Happy Saturday everyone. The birds are chirping, the sun is shining and even though it is sort of chilly yet out there, I think dh and I will be able to get outside and get some yardwork done. He is actually at work this morning until around 10:30 and I have been up and in my sewing room since 6:30. Working on a set of 6 placemats for someone and I actually need some more fabric to finish up so I am off to the store now. Should be one of the first customers in there. I love being in my sewing room early in the morning. :) Heck, I guess I love being in it anytime. LOL I also want to get some of my fabric on the comic book boards I got last week.

Barb, good luck with your tenants. Wendy, sure hope you are not too too sore today. Take it easy. Blondie, have fun planting those day lilies. I am loving looking at my happy daffodils. They are blooming so nicely. I am thinking that tomorrow dh and I may take a trip to a local nursery and look at some azaleas. We have a couple but I think we need a couple more. :)
Jean, have fun with your grandkids.

Ok, off to the store I go.

Enjoy this beautiful Saturday.

Ginny B

bakermom
April 13th, 2013, 10:11 AM
a bit nippy this morning but should be a good day. DH and i are heading out to spend the day with DD. Farmers markets, yarn /fabric shops etc. Should be a fun day. yesterday i finished a dress for GD and finally the purse I've been working on. Will try to post pictures later. Have a great weekend everyone!

MayinJerset
April 13th, 2013, 10:31 AM
Morning Blondie, Have fun planting Mom's daylillies. I love them as they required almost no care and bloom year after year. Still have a few left from the orginal planting almost 50 years ago. Love the Stella Doros, shorter than most but their yellow trumpets bloom several times.

Seems like Spring is back so everyone enjoy your weekend working in your gardens, attending to chores or just enjoying Spring. Hugs to all, May

toggpine
April 13th, 2013, 11:12 AM
It's a blustery day here! All of the wind chimes are dancing.
It is a "sleep in morning" so, of course, I was awake at 6:30. Lovely.
I'm going to snag a glass of OJ and watch the PBS sewing shows on the big TV! WHOO HOO! I usually get relegated to the bedroom while fishing/hunting/old western shows are on in the living room.
Here is to hoping I nod off during the knitting segments!

Make it a great one!
Cathy

buckeyequilter
April 13th, 2013, 12:17 PM

It's still cold here....not supposed to warm up until sometime next week.

Came home from the gun show with a few less dollars. DH is playing with the gun he got and I'll be putting a stop to that in a few minutes because we are going antiquing. I wanted to wait until about noon to go to the shops because a lot of them don't open until then.

Well I think I'll go out and shoot the gun and then tell him it's time to go. Have a wonderful day! Prayers & Hugs

Mpyles
April 13th, 2013, 12:18 PM
Would you look at me...strolling in here at the late hour of 10:15! Woohoo! Lol..actually the DH phone rang at 7:30....I KNOW!!.. The horror of waking me up...it was his fishing buddy...yeah!! He gets to go fish..which makes him happy..which makes us all happy!! Lol

DD prom tonight...hair and eyebrows at noon!! Pictures around 5.. I will try to post a photo...assuming you want to see...lol

I have a trunk show tonight and a class at the LQS all day tomorrow..so busy time off...but hey it's time not at work!! Everyone have a great day!!

Mpyles
April 13th, 2013, 12:19 PM
It's a blustery day here! All of the wind chimes are dancing.
It is a "sleep in morning" so, of course, I was awake at 6:30. Lovely.
I'm going to snag a glass of OJ and watch the PBS sewing shows on the big TV! WHOO HOO! I usually get relegated to the bedroom while fishing/hunting/old western shows are on in the living room.
Here is to hoping I nod off during the knitting segments!

Make it a great one!
Cathy

Sounds like my house!

ilive2craft2
April 13th, 2013, 12:31 PM
Good Morning all! Sun is finally shining here again, but only supposed to be in the low 50s - I will take it! The couple of days of 70s spoiled us...then dropped into 30s/40s with lots of clouds and winds...

Gotta get all of our taxes done (ours, my mom's and the final ones for my dear MIL), so will be a busy day (for hubby)! I hope to get some swap projects finished today.... I will be smiling as I work on stuff! Have a great day all! :) Lisa

aliaslaceygreen
April 13th, 2013, 12:58 PM
I am squeaking under the wire to say good morning!!! But, I HAVE been up, and semi-productive, so....

We got in LATE last night after the Diana Gabaldon book signing... 1:30 AM... which is apparently about the time she finally finished signing books! Wow... It was great fun!

I work tonight; tomorrow is DD Arlie's birthday (first try at 29)....and the poor baby has an upper respiratory infection...she was supposed to do the Ukrops 10k this morning, but we all slept in instead...

The birds ARE singing, however!

Have a great rest of the day!

auntiemern
April 13th, 2013, 01:35 PM
Good morning. Just squeaked in before noon. Sun is shining, and a little warmer than yesterday. Still waiting for the antibiotics to kick in enough to make me feel human. All this hacking cough has my midsection feeling like I took a shot from a professional boxer. I am gonna try to get a couple things done today. I finished hand quilting the top from Cynthia (meemeecyn). Just need to bind it, then wash it, and put it with the other PICU quilts. Guess all of that depends on how much energy I can muster up today.
Hugs and Blessings to all. Prayers for those in need, whether you know it or not.

Granny Judy
April 13th, 2013, 08:01 PM
It's Evening here and after a couple days of fighting with pain, I think I got it licked. I ate something that started an acid attack.. After surgery (2 yrs ago) to fix the hernia at the end of the esophogas (sp) and stomach. I get a lot of pain from excessive acid at that area. Big Bland Diet and lots of pain meds...tums and milk mixtures ... and sleeping in my recliner... Makes me a bit grouchy and I get nothing done.

I am heading to the shower and find another yogurt to eat. Just letting ya all know, I'm still hanging out here. Can't keep me down for long. At least the weather wasn't all sunny and warm. (really cold and rainy to match my mood) LOL.

I got my charm packs from M*.. today and I want to sew!!! Maybe tomorrow I'll be completely recovered. Wendy, I do hope you are better.. those "falls" HURT!! Marilyn, hope those antibiotics kick in fast so you will be getting better soon.
Hugs going out to all..

Sandy Navas
April 13th, 2013, 09:43 PM
HEY!!!! Guess who is here.

Talk about TIRED - I'm not the 'man' I used to be. Three days of cleaning out a hoarder's home . . . and it's not even MINE. BUT, I get paid. Then working the Co-op today - great fun, getting to know new people and OH, the wonderful fresh produce. Love it!! Came home to finish up a couple items on the swaps I'm in and then got so discombobulated because I couldn't find what I needed when I needed it - then took about 45 minutes to pull a piece of piping through a sewn tube (and I do own Fast-Turn) . . . so I took a nap (supposedly) for a bit. Al woke me because he thought I should answer my telephone just because it RANG!!

Maybe tomorrow I can accomplish something productive. Pray for me!!

kensington
April 13th, 2013, 10:07 PM
Happy Saturday evening to you all. We have the grankids with weekend, so we took them on an outing to the Price Club to get a few things and have a hotdog for lunch. They have been helping PaPa mess with the pool pump. Now, they are getting ready to have a bonfire in the fire pit out back. Then, we'll read the new book we bought today and put a movie in. They are a hoot. 3 boys, talking constantly, never sit still, curious. I'm wore out and they have been here just over 24 hours! One of them is hungry or thirsty all the time.

No sewing this weekend for me with them here. No time. I have gotten a bit of time to play online while they follow their Papa around.

buckeyequilter
April 13th, 2013, 10:12 PM
HEY!!!! Guess who is here.

Who???????

Sandy Navas
April 13th, 2013, 10:59 PM
Who???????

http://www.psmag.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/shutterstock_54963838.jpg (http://www.psmag.com/culture-society/language-in-books-reflects-increasingly-individualistic-culture-43365/)

Hulamoon
April 13th, 2013, 11:24 PM
Well I don't know where my day went. I fell back asleep and woke up to a cat on top of me and missed a class I was reminded of. The Thunder rolled in and it rained all day. So not much to share. lol

My uncle was a hoarder before he passed. We went to clean while I was there, the girls were young. It was impossible. My aunt his sister had to hire a cleaning crew. It was thousands of dollars to haul everything. He was in denile and got angry if you suggested any help. I tried to tell her he was sick and she finally came to grips that he was. Poor guy. I wish I could of helped more but my kids were too young to leave.

Blondie
April 15th, 2013, 07:33 AM
Lucky gal. I love her books. Happy belated to your DD.