PDA

View Full Version : We are so excited!!

bkthomas
April 13th, 2013, 12:49 AM
This is the fireplace in the dining room/kitchen
This is the stairway going upstairs My DD Melissa and DGD Ashlea
To the right and behind them are the stairs going down and the garage door
This is the amazing view we have from the front of the house!!!
Will try to get a pic at night - it's gorgeous!
Front of house
Another view of the front
Was going to get a pic of the whole house but could not because of the sun.

WendyI
April 13th, 2013, 12:53 AM
So FUN!! See! Things DO happen for a reason! So is this moving weekend?

bkthomas
April 13th, 2013, 01:00 AM
We are taking our time moving and cleaning the old one.....we might be done by the 27th and 28th

phoots
April 13th, 2013, 01:03 AM
Congratulations, Kathy!!! I hate moving but love setting up a new place!!!

Pam in Vegas

Jean Sewing Machine
April 13th, 2013, 01:05 AM
Wow, what a lovely home! And with a spectacular view, too! Glad you are settled in your new place!

Lisapc
April 13th, 2013, 01:08 AM
Congratulations! What a view, maybe you should take up landscape quilts!

K. McEuen
April 13th, 2013, 01:10 AM
Nice looking house and neighborhood. I really like the stone on the fireplace. Good luck with the move.

bkthomas
April 13th, 2013, 01:11 AM
Wow, what a lovely home! And with a spectacular view, too! Glad you are settled in your new place!

We are just beginning! Still at the old house now......We're giving spring cleaning a whole new meaning!

dwil23
April 13th, 2013, 01:39 AM
Congrats! All things work together for good...

Granny Judy
April 13th, 2013, 03:12 AM
What a grand home, Karen. I love that view.. now where is the guest room?? LOL. I bet that is the new sewing area.......

Sew Perfect
April 13th, 2013, 03:20 AM
Kathy, that IS exciting! I love that view! The house seems to have some good curb appeal and good space inside. Have you picked out your sewing room yet?

Tanya D
April 13th, 2013, 03:50 AM
What a pretty view Kathy! Enjoy your new house...once you get in there. That fireplace is lovely and I hope you enjoy many evenings snuggled up in front of it.

shannonsaulter
April 13th, 2013, 04:12 AM
Beautiful!!!!!

bkthomas
April 13th, 2013, 04:21 AM
Kathy, that IS exciting! I love that view! The house seems to have some good curb appeal and good space inside. Have you picked out your sewing room yet?

I will be setting that up in the garage! .....believe it or not!!!!
None of the bedrooms were big enough to be a combination bed/sewing room.
But the large front room and kitchen/dining room more than make up for it.
The whole house is so light and airy - Can you tell I'm excited?!!!!

bkthomas
April 13th, 2013, 04:28 AM

A few more pics of the inside - Vaulted ceiling - kitchen island
There are 3 big bay windows 1) front room 2) dining area 3) master bedroom (not mine this time)
Oh, and there is our dog Chaos - those sliding doors have the look of many small windows, but
those window frames are between 2 solid pieces of glass!!!

Sew Perfect
April 13th, 2013, 04:37 AM
Actually, the garage is a great idea. Just think of all that space! Quilters heaven on earth. The home is beautiful and I love the windows.

Hawaii Roxy
April 13th, 2013, 04:51 AM
YEAHHHHH!!! Its so pretty I love it!! Ill post pics of our new house this weekend

bkthomas
April 13th, 2013, 04:55 AM
YEAHHHHH!!! Its so pretty I love it!! Ill post pics of our new house this weekend

Can't wait to see Baby Seester!

BMG Gran
April 13th, 2013, 05:06 AM
Love the bay windows.

Iris Girl
April 13th, 2013, 05:18 AM
That is a gorgeous home and a spectacular view. Glad things are working out!!

Renate
April 13th, 2013, 05:36 AM
What a wonderful new home!

Evilynn
April 13th, 2013, 07:14 AM
Wow, this is so pretty! Congratulations and have fun setting up the new home!

Monique
April 13th, 2013, 08:32 AM
Beautiful place.

Loonwatcher
April 13th, 2013, 08:42 AM
Congratulations! Have fun getting everything just the way you want it. Do you get a dedicated sewing room/space?

MRoy
April 13th, 2013, 09:26 AM
Congratulations Kathy! It's great! Have fun making it your new home!

MayinJerset
April 13th, 2013, 10:38 AM
Much happiness and joy in your new beautiful home, May

Genny
April 13th, 2013, 10:57 AM
Kathy this is so nice...and what a stunning view!

lilmouse
April 13th, 2013, 01:04 PM
Happy for you....good luck and will be thinking of you all month...I hate moving!

ilive2craft2
April 13th, 2013, 01:35 PM
Moving is a lot of hard work and stress, but it will payoff in the end! Looks like a great house!

Lindagie
April 13th, 2013, 06:43 PM
So exciting; moving into a new home. Take your time and enjoy the process! Cleaning out the old one isn't as much fun I know, but it is a good way to get rid of some stuff that you don't need or want anymore. Looks like a great home!

Bubby
April 13th, 2013, 06:47 PM
It looks wonderful!

Blondie
April 15th, 2013, 07:02 AM
Nice digs
I am happy that you have found a place with such a phenomenal view! Enjoy.
Blondie

cyndiofthevortex
April 17th, 2013, 08:25 PM
Completely beautiful! Wow do I ever love it! You must be so happy!

alliek
April 17th, 2013, 08:28 PM
Looks lovely, Congratulations

Winniesfriend
April 17th, 2013, 08:31 PM
The house looks beautiful, have fun setting it all up, dont forget we want photos of your new sewing room when you are organized.

Musical_Starling
April 17th, 2013, 09:48 PM
Oh those mountains! What I wouldn't give to have a view like that! I told MIL I wanted to move to Banff (Alberta) just so I could wake up to a view like that every day, but then she reminded me that I would need to rob a bank in order to pay my mortgage there... lol So needless to say, I am VERY jealous!

buckeyequilter
April 17th, 2013, 10:03 PM
What a nice home. Love the fireplace and the wall behind it.

WendyI
April 17th, 2013, 10:43 PM
Oh those mountains! What I wouldn't give to have a view like that! I told MIL I wanted to move to Banff (Alberta) just so I could wake up to a view like that every day, but then she reminded me that I would need to rob a bank in order to pay my mortgage there... lol So needless to say, I am VERY jealous!

Girl! You live in one of the most GORGEOUS provinces in our country!! Mountains are nice too but living on the sea! Could do without those wicked winters though huh? lol.

Kathy, looks like you are really enjoying the new place! I LOVE those vaulted ceilings!! I can't imagine quilting in my garage...but then it can get to minus 40 here in the winter! That's a tad chilly for my taste! I'm assuming you don't have that in your neck o'the woods?

Musical_Starling
April 17th, 2013, 10:49 PM
Girl! You live in one of the most GORGEOUS provinces in our country!! Mountains are nice too but living on the sea! Could do without those wicked winters though huh? lol.

Yeah, with the crappiest economy lol There's a reason why the capital of Newfoundland will soon be Fort McMurray...

bkthomas
April 18th, 2013, 12:55 AM

Kathy, looks like you are really enjoying the new place! I LOVE those vaulted ceilings!! I can't imagine quilting in my garage...but then it can get to minus 40 here in the winter! That's a tad chilly for my taste! I'm assuming you don't have that in your neck o'the woods?

Wendy, there is just no other room in the house - summer is coming and I have an electric free standing fireplace we will keep in the garage. I may get a smaller table and put it in my room next winter.

SallyO'Sews
April 18th, 2013, 05:15 PM
Kathy, I'm so happy for you, and so thankful for the way God has provided! Enjoy your new place!

Madeforyouinma11
August 18th, 2013, 07:31 PM
Sooo it's been 4 months..where are all the pics now that you're settled in? Pics of the house and your sewing room. Don't use your Hawaii trip as an excuse either....lol

bkthomas
August 18th, 2013, 07:49 PM
Sooo it's been 4 months..where are all the pics now that you're settled in? Pics of the house and your sewing room. Don't use your Hawaii trip as an excuse either....lol

Just another thing I need to work on - That's my story and I'm stickin' to it!

KathyCrofoot
August 18th, 2013, 07:52 PM
Your home is beautiful. Settling in takes time to get everything the way you want it. Be nice to yourself! ;)

Gayle8675309
August 18th, 2013, 08:03 PM
What a beautiful house you have. Congratulations!

shannonsaulter
August 18th, 2013, 09:38 PM
Beautiful love the fireplace reminds me of the rock treatment on the front of my home..and wow what a view!

Madeforyouinma11
August 18th, 2013, 09:54 PM
Just another thing I need to work on - That's my story and I'm stickin' to it!
Ok, I'll let it slide this time...but I'll be back...looking for pics...lol enjoy!

Andrea F
August 19th, 2013, 03:22 AM
Congrats on the new home, it looks amazing. The view is phantastic. Good luck with the move.

Lilly
August 20th, 2013, 01:57 AM
So which rooms look out onto the view? That is just to die for! Life does have its ups and downs - hope your ups are getting uppier.

bkthomas
August 20th, 2013, 02:20 AM
So which rooms look out onto the view? That is just to die for! Life does have its ups and downs - hope your ups are getting uppier.

The view is what we see when we look out the front door - also when we are in the garage. On one side of the garage is a sitting area with an old corner sofa and a rug - behind that is the deep freeze and storage. The other side is mine for sewing - still needs a bit of organizing. Hope to get that done soon and maybe even share pics!!!!
The last 4-5 months have been a whirl-wind, with moving - extended vacation - adjusting my attitude....and now the kids have switched rooms around and are starting school this week!!!
Just today I went through my mail and took care of some things - my Dads widow got re-married in March and I haven't talked to her since I can't remember when! She should dis-own me, I really need to write to her!
Sierra goes for 7th grade orientation tomorrow and they all go on Wednesday - even Morgan will be gone all day to first grade!
We are not going to know how to act! Oh yes I will, I will be getting things done!! Woo Hoo!

Sorry about the small novel!