PDA

View Full Version : Lunch time sewing

Tanya D
April 12th, 2013, 04:15 PM
I work about 7 minutes away from home so I go home for lunch. Today I had a quick bowl of cereal and then headed to my sewing room.

I got started on my Falling Charms quilt. I did all the cutting last night so I was ready to go. I'm so excited...just the few squares that I made at lunch are stunning. Too bad I had to come back to work where I have nothing to do!

It's supposed to be miserable out all weekend...a perfect day to hole up in my woman cave and stitch away :)

Bubby
April 12th, 2013, 04:46 PM
Go for it, Tanya! It sounds like pajama weather to me. The only thing I dislike about flannel PJs is that they attract all the threads and lint. I know that's what lint rollers were made for....but really! :)

Roxanne
April 12th, 2013, 05:40 PM
I can't wait to see it! I really want to do this quilt. How many charm packs are you using? Do you know yet what size it will be? I always came home for lunch too. Sounds like you have about the same commute that I had. It was nice to be able to start laundry, get a head start on things. But, retirement is awesome. I can't say enough good about it! Especially since it appears that spring has finally sprung here.

Jean Sewing Machine
April 12th, 2013, 06:46 PM
I am working on mine, have one more pass on th
e longarm and it will be quilted. I made 6 charms across and 8 down with a 3" border and it is going to end up about 48 by 60.

Roxanne
April 12th, 2013, 07:10 PM
I am working on mine, have one more pass on th
e longarm and it will be quilted. I made 6 charms across and 8 down with a 3" border and it is going to end up about 48 by 60.
Thanks Jean! Post a pic of yours when it's done. I want to see it. I'm keeping a notebook of ideas and amounts of fabric, etc. for future reference. I will write down your info.

ilive2craft2
April 12th, 2013, 07:55 PM
Love to do that or run to a fabric store! Only problem is that I don't want to go back to work after. If I run home and sew, I have to set an alarm! :)

Lisapc
April 13th, 2013, 12:22 AM
I hate a one hour lunch. I much prefer a 1/2 hour. I always ended up spending the rest of the day wishing the day was over when I took a 1 hour lunch. If I went home I would likely not ever return. I work from home now and always forget to eat lunch.

WendyI
April 13th, 2013, 12:50 AM
I work about 8 minutes from home but it takes me 15 to walk to the darn parking lot! So I work a reduced workday...start at nine but take a half hour lunch. Not that I ever take a lunch...when it's busy sometimes it's 3 pm and I haven't even gone pee yet!

Tanya D
April 13th, 2013, 03:45 AM
Love to do that or run to a fabric store! Only problem is that I don't want to go back to work after. If I run home and sew, I have to set an alarm!

I was almost late the other day! It felt like it was about 12:30 but when I looked at the clock, it was 12:50! Time was flying by.

Roxanne and Jean, I cut up a layer cake into charms so I have 168 charm squares...it's going to be big! I may make 2 quilts...I'll see once I have it all laid out.

I'm at the first step...sewing the first strip on. I'm not enjoying all the cutting, I must admit. I prefer to sew!

Jean, I look forward to seeing yours!

bkthomas
April 13th, 2013, 05:42 AM
Have fun sewing this weekend Tanya!