PDA

View Full Version : Can it be Tuesday?

Blondie
January 25th, 2011, 08:05 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v693/BSpence/sigs/gm/Animation5winterchill7.gif

Good Morning, good morning, good morning

Hope everyone is up and at 'em for a great day.

Trish, sounds like Odie is getting his head back on. Zach's quilt sounds like a winner. I need to go take a peek at pics!

The weather looks as if it may give us just a wee bit of mixed precip. I am ready for it. It is just stinking C-O-L-D !!!
Off to find another cup of coffee.
Blessings to all.

Keepstitchin
January 25th, 2011, 12:03 PM
Mornin' everyone! I have been keeping up with all of you by reading almost every evening. I am glad you are all doing well. Most of you are having a terrible winter, I wish for an early spring for you!
Some of you know that my father in law was diagnosed with lung and pancreatic cancer. The bad news is there is nothing they can do for him. He cannot tolerate the chemo, and ended up with pneumonia again. He has been told he has 3 to 6 months. We are all heart broken. He has accepted it, but my poor MIL is in denial. It has been very hard on her, and we just don't know what to do for her. Just be supportive.
School is crazy this quarter, I finally feel like I am learning something I can use! I can't wait to be done and be back out in the real world. I feel to isolated here.

I hope everyone has a warm and cozy day!! God bless!!

janluna
January 25th, 2011, 12:28 PM
So sorry Laurie, We will say prayers for your FIL and your MIL. And for you. It's hard to be in school and face all of this too. If you just want to talk or cry or anything we will all be here for you. Hugs, Jan L

patticakes
January 25th, 2011, 12:29 PM
Argg....typed the whole thing only to have the silly puter freeze up...well...here I go again!

Blondie - Thanks for the morning howdy! I bet Larry is excited about the Super Bowl, it should be a good game with two good teams!
Laurie - So sorry for what your family is going through. I have been through the lung cancer prognosis and early death of both my parents. My Mom was over a period of 3 years and I still could not get it through my head that there would be and "end" even tho I knew it. My Dad only lasted 8 weeks and wrapping my mind around it was difficult also. I will keep you all in my prayers.

Thanks to all who commiserated (sp?) with my long car/train/ bus commute, and the lack of coffee! I choose to live outside the city cuz I am just a country girl at heart and can not stand the hustle bustle of living in Chicago. Beautiful place to visit but....

Got my quarter circles all hand stitched on. Just gotta take a pic, sign em and ship em off to Suzi. Glad this was an easier block than the Christmas Star swap! Gonna take a break from the next swap to get my son Mike's quilt done for his birthday April 3rd and get a few quilts done for the little quilt shop that will take my consignments.

Well..thanks for sharing my break with me...back to the grind!
Patti

middlesis1966
January 25th, 2011, 12:51 PM
Morning all. Yes it is a cold one for sure. Its not as cold here as other places, thank the good lord for that one. Our cold snap was this weekend. Whew Im so glad I didnt have to go out in it.
Laurie I will add you and your family into my prayers. If you need anyone to vent to just pm me anytime
Patti I know what you men about the country girl at heart. I dont leave or work near Chicago, but we lived in the country for years and I loved it. Then we were forced to moved back into town. I miss my quiet little part of the world.
Have a blessed day all!!

debinmalaga
January 25th, 2011, 12:51 PM
Good morning all! Hope everyone's day is a good one.

Laurie, I'm so sorry about what you and your family are going through. Hang in there...

SuzyQue
January 25th, 2011, 01:14 PM
Good morning! I actually got on here while it was still morning! Ditto on the cold here. No precipitation planned, but still have piles of snow on the ground. Nice and wintery. Pretty to look at, but glad I can stay in!

Laurie----if you need someone to talk with let me know. My mil died this summer from pancreatic cancer, only lived 30 days past the diagnosis and my father just died 2 weeks ago. Give your mil some time, love, and let her know that you will always be there to help her, she will reckon with it as she can. It is a shock. Prayers for you and yours!

Blondie----love your graphics---always---I peek everyday even if I don't always comment---what a day brightener!

Off to school, cook, and hopefully quilt later today. Have a tote bag to finish for mom's birthday! SuzyQue

LynneLeavell
January 25th, 2011, 01:15 PM
Blondie - Thanks for the Morning pick me up. The only other good thing about today being Tuesday is that it's a payweek for me and I do payroll where I work so those Tuesday I really look forward to coming to work.

Laurie - So sorry to hear about your FIL. You and your In Laws are in my thoughts and prayers. I lost my mom to Breast Cancer in '87. My dad to Prostate Cancer and Pancreatic Cancer in '97 (10 years to the date of losing my mom). My FIL to Lung Cancer in '08. So just be as strong as you can and rely on Friends and God for streangth.

Patticakes - I know what you mean about Chicago my son was stationed there for almost a year and yes it does get cold.

Hope everyone has a great day.

Lynne

sewsoft
January 25th, 2011, 02:07 PM
Hi ladies :icon_wave:

Sandy Navas
January 25th, 2011, 02:24 PM
Dittos to everyone's messages this morning.

Only thing I have to say before heading off to get the DGDs for Nana's Day is "I know why I no longer do hand-quilting."

My fingers tend to dry and crack in the winter, no matter how high we keep the humidity, how much salve, lotion, cream, or whatever I use on them. Hand-stitched a binding on a TINY project yesterday afternoon and it took hours because of sore fingers. And my big-old clumsy fat fingers have a great deal of difficulty grasping a tiny quilting needle . . . did get the quilter's knot down pat though.

Hugs to all - my brain feels sleep depraved today.

bakermom
January 25th, 2011, 03:03 PM
Planned on sewing today,but DD was hanging around hinting for cinnamon rolls..... I ended up making up some monkey bread and while it was baking I fried some bacon and eggs for us. she didn't expect that. since the oven was hot and i was in the kitchen anyways I also mixed up some bread for supper. Maybe I can convince everyone leftovers are just fine AGAIN if I bribe with hot bread.

Blondie
January 25th, 2011, 08:11 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v693/BSpence/chichi.gif

Hello friends

Sounds like everyone has been productive and enjoying life today.
Bakermom, I like the sound of that time with your DD. What could go
better with fun company? Oh yeah, bacon, eggs and MonkeyBread.
Yum. I made some bread to go with the soup yesterday; leftovers of that toasted for sammies tonite. I am a very basic and lazy cook. I am certain you spoil your family.

Laurie, I have been thinking of you most recently; glad to see you back posting. I know what you are going through, having been there so recently myself. I have mixed feelings over dr’s giving time terms on life expectancy. My Dad was not a candidate for anesthesia and the consequent biopsy when they discovered the tumor on his lung. So, we were never able to know the “staging”. For us, it was a mixed bag of blessings. In retrospect, it was good that my Dad didn’t know any prognosis except that he was a very ill man. He knew he had cancer of course. I will continue to keep you in prayers, sweet friend. I have missed your online company. I am always available for you. Please feel free to email me at vintageprimitives@gmail.com By now you know that I get online first thing in the morning and then at sometime in the evening. If I am lucky, I get in a few more times to check emails, etc.

Patti, I know my man will be on pins and needles for the game. Thank you for the well wishes! Glad that you got some more completed on the blocks! And Patti, I am still coming to terms with my Dad's death. It has only been 5 weeks - sometimes it seems longer, sometimes like yesterday. Poor Mom is having a difficult time with it. I don't know how I will cope if she leaves this world before me. I was a Daddy's girl but also a Momma's girl. I don't know what that makes me! LOL. I couldn't always say that I enjoyed their company. Especially when I was younger. But as I watched my own kids grow, I began to appreciate their company more and more. Hubs and I did everything with the folks the past several years. Hugs for you.

Paula, I have been meaning to but keep getting distracted in telling you how thrilled I am that you are doing better! God has certainly filled you with a fresh joy ~ the evidence in your beaming. Bless His Name.

SuzyQue, I remember you sharing about the death of the MIL and Dad. I know you are like me, this place is a safe haven for support, relaxation and friendship. I am quite content to be here in my little happy place while the world still spins on it’s crazy axis.
Sandy, hope your Nana’s day is as productive and fun as last week! I still hven’t gotten the quilter’s knot down. I may play around with that when I am sitting in front of the tube this evening. I wouldn’t know why your brain feels sleep deprived!!!!

My friends, I am going to read and then go see Mom for a bit. May check in later if I don’t fall asleep first.

Sandy Navas
January 25th, 2011, 08:41 PM
Sandy, hope your Nana’s day is as productive and fun as last week! I still hven’t gotten the quilter’s knot down. I may play around with that when I am sitting in front of the tube this evening. I wouldn’t know why your brain feels sleep deprived!!!!

Blondie - I told my DH on the telephone this afternoon that I felt sleep deprAved . . . and he said, don't you mean deprIved? And I told him I was definitely depraved and he knew it.

And that's my story . . . and I'm sticking to it.

Blondie
January 25th, 2011, 08:48 PM
Blondie - I told my DH on the telephone this afternoon that I felt sleep deprAved . . . and he said, don't you mean deprIved? And I told him I was definitely depraved and he knew it.

And that's my story . . . and I'm sticking to it.

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e232/Jacquelihll/CID_0123.gif

and here I was thinking it was a deprived inspired typo. But, when you're right, you're right. bet your hubs is glad of that one. lol. thanks for making my evening.

quiltingtrish
January 25th, 2011, 08:53 PM
Laurie - I'm sorry to hear about your father in law. I have prayers still coming for your family.

I still have to get dinner made. I told DH that if he stopped talking to me right now and I could get this posted, I would get out to the kitchen to get the dinner started. Just spaghetti and cresent rolls tonight - something quick and filling.

Not much going on here. Katie got her fitted brace today for her knee. He told her she only has to wear it when she plays sports. That's another month or two away.

Just waiting on this storm that is to come tomorrow morning. Still don't really know what to expect. Snow - ice/freezing rain - then snow again - maybe 2-6 inches? I guess we'll know when it arrives. I'm hoping for a phone call tonight telling us that I don't have to get up at 6 am, or I will be looking like the cutie gal Blondie posted this morning all bundled up. I say - let us stay home and I could sew!

Better get that spaghetti on. I'll check back later tonight.

Hugs,

debinmalaga
January 25th, 2011, 09:04 PM
Sandy - sleep depraved? LOL, however you slice it.

SuzyQue
January 25th, 2011, 10:37 PM
Sandy-------giving up on hand quilting and you just got that beautiful birthday gift. I am scooting furniture now. Bring in right over! I will figure out how to do it! SuzyQue