PDA

View Full Version : Now I need to get some quilting done.

asta
April 12th, 2013, 01:14 PM
Now I need to get some quilting done. I just finished filling out and paying my taxes and boy am I depressed. You see my husbands employer messed up and took out way too little for both state and fed. so we had a big chunk to pay in. Good thing I have a big stash and a lot of UFO's to keep me busy for awhile.
:icon_umpf:
Beth

buckeyequilter
April 12th, 2013, 01:17 PM
I'm sitting here at work thinking about how I'm going to quilt my maple leaf (when it's ready) and a double slice layer cake that I have ready to go. I'm either going to set up my Kenmore to quilt or put it on the quilting frame...not sure yet.

Have fun with your quilting!

SandyWhite
April 12th, 2013, 01:28 PM
Now I need to get some quilting done. I just finished filling out and paying my taxes and boy am I depressed. You see my husbands employer messed up and took out way too little for both state and fed. so we had a big chunk to pay in. Good thing I have a big stash and a lot of UFO's to keep me busy for awhile.
:icon_umpf:
Beth

Beth isn't tax time just so much fun. :icon_shake: Quilting is a good way to put this away.

WendyI
April 12th, 2013, 01:35 PM
I really, REALLY have to get ours done. uhg. That stinks that you have to pay...we usually do every year too. Happy quilting! Glad you have lots to keep you goin!

Lisapc
April 12th, 2013, 02:00 PM
I got to tell my parents who are 72 and 74 that they have to cough up over 4 thousand this year. I did everything I could to maximize their deductions but it is what it is. That is a huge hit. Gotta love all the lies about making it easier on the middle class and then finding out how big the lies were when you file.

asta
April 12th, 2013, 02:06 PM
Nice surprise in my basement...DH finished recessing my machine now I can finish quilting my pinwheel quilt with ease.45043

Lisapc
April 12th, 2013, 02:08 PM
Your hubby is one of the good ones!

auntiemern
April 12th, 2013, 02:42 PM
I so need to make me something like this. Your DH did a great job.
Nice surprise in my basement...DH finished recessing my machine now I can finish quilting my pinwheel quilt with ease.45043

GinnyKNC
April 12th, 2013, 02:48 PM
UGH taxes. We owed for so many years that we both now pay extra in every pay check to make sure we don't owe.
I love the job your DH did! Maybe I can get mine to figure out a way to do mine :icon_rolleyes: That won't happen until the '69 Chevelle is restored.
Enjoy and quilt away to forget about the taxes.

buckeyequilter
April 12th, 2013, 03:59 PM
I need something like that...might check into it. However, I might just have to buy something already made because by the time DH would get finished with it we'd have a couple of grand in it or I'd be too old to quilt. Your hubby did a great job.

Momofmonsters5
April 12th, 2013, 04:05 PM
I got to tell my parents who are 72 and 74 that they have to cough up over 4 thousand this year. I did everything I could to maximize their deductions but it is what it is. That is a huge hit. Gotta love all the lies about making it easier on the middle class and then finding out how big the lies were when you file.

Have you tried to do a small Ira for them a friend of mine does that and it causes a huge tax break. Middle class gets hit the hardest!

WendyI
April 13th, 2013, 12:57 AM

Great job!! I can hardly wait to get mine built! I love that wee drawer cart beside your table. What do you use it for? I was thinking of adding something like that but I was worried I'd just fill it with junk!

asta
April 13th, 2013, 04:10 PM
Wendy, I use the drawer mostly to store threads and smaller sewing stuff, tape measures, pins and of course a drawer full of practice FMQ squares. On the top I have a small ironing mat that I use my portable iron on when piecing smaller things that require sew, press, sew, press, sew, press.