PDA

View Full Version : Hmmm, Freaky Friday

Blondie
April 12th, 2013, 05:39 AM

Good Morning Folksies
Weather, weather everywhere. I am sooo gonna be off here in two shakes of a lambs tail. It is storming something fierce outside and I be kinda askeered of being around stuff when it is storming like this. We keep losing sattelite signal and not confident we will keep power. So, all y'all west of me, and some south of me, and some north of me, hang on to your hats. I think the seasons are finally breaking. I heard about severe storms this morning on the news and Alabama got it again. Claire, my favorite Alabamian, hope you are okay. I can hear hail right now . . .

My granny always said that the seasons breaking were often violent. And each month borrows something from it's older sister.

Gotta go. Big big BIG pop of lightning.
Later folks. Blessings, prayers and oh yes, smiles are never optional on my face. So smile.

mamaquilt
April 12th, 2013, 05:52 AM
Hi Blondie,

Hope you're allright as well as all the other quilting ladies. Here in Luxembourg it's raining, raining and raining. The weatherforcast for Sunday, is sun, sun and sun and finalley some 20 ° celsius which is some 42° F. But one of these days spring must come.

We had little Charel for the first time all by himself for a sleepover and also for today. He's an angel because he slept from last night 20.00 till this morning 7.30. He knows already when to behave hahahha. He's a smart little fellow with his 6 months.

He must have been hearing me on the PC as he's calling.

Hugs and BIG SMILES to everyone

Evilynn
April 12th, 2013, 06:11 AM
Hi Blondie, hi everybody,

Don't you worry Michèle, it's raining in here in "Mother North", too! AFter having lovely spring days the last week today it's typical "April" shower weather. The sky is ugly grey. But at least it's above 0 so the snow and ice continues melting. Another load of snow and ice came down the roof, the part I was worrying about. The nastiest stuff is off now but there is still some on it. Sighs! The forcast promises more rain/snow the next days (hopefully only rain -.- I am so sick of that white stuff) and climbing temperatures. There will be ELEVEN (51 F) !!!! degrees on Tuesday! OMG, that's T-SHIRT WEATHER!!!!

I have two purring furballs next to me, one is big and one is small. The human baby is lying safely secured on the couch to take her "noon" nap. Soon she will wake up and she will be hungry for sure! We made some crawling practises in the morning. She still didn't figure out that she needs to get on her knees to move, I tried to show her :D Her face expression was quite hilarious. She's only 6 months old so she does not need to be able to crawl yet. I am so happy that my "pikkunen" (finnish word for "small one" I find some finnish words just so adorable!) is able to sit already if there is a chance she can balance herself somehow. I am enjoying her so much! She is so cute! Once I am cured I will definitely want a 2nd "muksu"! Jeez, now I can understand why someone would want many many many kids :P they are just so adorable when they're small, thehe! 45017 (We were just finished eating strawberry there ;) )

It's Friday that means it's the day there will be bills paid. My hubby called me already to check the balance. He sighed. He knows that my allowance is due also. I won't take any excuses anymore as I did in the last months. This would be the first month I actually get it. If I do. But I told him when there's money to gamble then there's also money for my allowance. He agreed but I know how it can be. He told me he also wants to buy a case of beer.

I will finish the variation of the Zig-Zag-Runner that I started yesterday. As backing I used some of the lovely green fabrics Kellie sent me. I will post pictures once it's done!

Hugs, love and smiles

Steffie

Bubby
April 12th, 2013, 06:31 AM
Good Morning,

It's going to be cold again today and whatever else comes with the seasons breaking. Spring storms are really severe most of the time. I'm praying for safety for all our members.

We have a full day in Cuba tomorrow. We have some 'issues to resolve with a few tenants. I was told that some of the trees there were ripped out by the roots in the storm Wednesday night. We will take a chain saw and shovels. It's going to be a long day.

I have no plans for today. I didn't finish the housework yesterday so maybe that will be what I get done today. Yesterday I took everything out of the fridge and have it a good scrubbing and re-organized everything. Every day this week I'm trying to get one large project done.

Michele, what a joy to have Charel sleep over! He's such a darling little one...just love his cheeks!

Everyone have a good Friday. Hugs All Around, Barb

Mpyles
April 12th, 2013, 06:59 AM
Mornin!!

I am so dadgum sleepy this morning. The varments woke me up around 1 am...with some rough house play. Then again around 3 am....grrr. Needless to say I was not a happy camper as the alarm goes off at 4! Got up, started my coffee went off to check email, went back for coffee ....to find out...nope didn't start that coffee....what the heck!! So I came here while I wait for it!

Yesterday was a long one, had our monthly report card meeting after my shift was over. My locations did well, put a target on my back because of this...no one likes the smart kid....oh well, I like money...and doing the right job gets me more...

Met DH and DD for dinner at Logan's roadhouse. It was alright...hey,' no cookin or dishes is fine with me. Then DD decided that her prom dates bow tie wasn't the right color to match her dress so off she went to Joann's for material to make a bow tie.....I should say...for mom to make a bow tie...so I did. Then I worked on a jo Morton project for a little bit and off to bed for that crappy nights sleep.
This morning I am off to my home store for a bit...then will head to Lebanon to visit my redheaded step child store. Off tomorrow...yeah!! The high I think is forecasted for 50 degrees. Yucky!! Looking forward to getting home and spending some time in my sewing room.

Everyone have a great day!!

Monique
April 12th, 2013, 07:34 AM
Good morning friends. Still awaiting the storm. It did not start through the night like it was supposed to. I did a good deed yesterday. On my way home I stopped and asked a lady if I could give her a lift somewhere. Now being a small town, you know most people. She was on her way to the hospital to see her husband and the wind was cold, so I gave her a lift. It does the spirit good to do a good deed.

Today I start at my own post office for an hour, and then head to another, return back. I will have lunch with my friend today and then back to work. Because of the weather it is not worth it to drive home and back again.

Looking out the window the storm is coming. It looks nasty out. OYE!!!

I hope all those in the storm's paths stay safe.

EmmaB
April 12th, 2013, 07:41 AM
Morning all. Up at 3:30 this morning. Don't know why I just am....go figure. Suppose to be a little on the cool side today but 70 by Sunday. Looking forward to my weekend and some home time.

These storms moving across the midwest have been ugly. I'm sure there will be more as everyone said the season is breaking. Hope everyone is safe.

Evilynn your little one is so cute. Just look at those chubby little cheeks. I miss those days. They are so sweet and fun at that age. And mammaquilt, have fun with your overnight guests.

Have a wonderful Friday everyone!

dwil23
April 12th, 2013, 07:43 AM
Stay safe everyone. We have a 50% chance of rain today, but from what I see on the radar, looks like it will be dry again and we do need some rain.

I've been awake since 2 o clock. I so need my own place so that I can sew whenever I want to. I envision a room attached to my bedroom that I can go into without waking anyone else up. You know what they say - let sleeping dogs lie. I hate having only one day (actually night) off and then not being able to work on my projects. I have one that my friend asked me to make for her Mom for Mother's Day, so I have to get that finished up soon. I feel like my life is slipping away and I am just spinning my wheels.

Hope everyone has a blessed day - stay dry if it's raining where you are! :icon_bigsmile:

MRoy
April 12th, 2013, 07:54 AM
Good morning! The worst of the storms passed by us this time. We got quite a bit of rain and it's chilly again. I finished a big project at work yesterday and I hope I don't have any more between now and retirement. A "big project" for me involves discipline of an employee and, with state government, those can get quite involved and lengthy. Maybe everyone will behave themselves until after I retire...LOL!

Happy Friday everyone!

aliaslaceygreen
April 12th, 2013, 08:22 AM
Good morning! We too are under a tornado watch till 9am... raining now, no thunder yet....

Hoping that all that were in yesterdays storm path are safe....

Tonight after work, I (we, if Timmy doesn't work over) are driving up to Fairfax, to go to a library event where Diana Gabaldon will be talking and answering questions. She is one of my favorite authors!

Take care, everyone...check in!

Iris Girl
April 12th, 2013, 08:34 AM
Rainy and chilly compared to last few days here. Only gonna be in the low 40's 100% chance of rain/thunder and maybe freezing rain in high elevations. other then that work as usual , fridays are busy days ..yay makes the day go fast. made chicken noodle soup for dinner tonight and have bread in the bread maker. will be a perfect dinner for this day. Hope to get some sewing done tonight. stay safe everyone , spring is here..coming .. or something

buckeyequilter
April 12th, 2013, 09:06 AM
http://www.dazzlejunction.com/greetings/friday/hippie-dippy-friday.gif (http://www.dazzlejunction.com/)

Good morning....

Rain, rain and more rain....it's 41 degrees here - huge change from the 70's earlier this week.

Looking forward to going antiquing tomorrow because I just love seeing what I can find, if anything. Tonight I will be working on my maple leaf quilt...almost have the blocks finished. I think I might put a UFO on my quilt frame tonight and work on that also. It shouldn't take too long to quilt the UFO with loop-di-loops.

Well I need to get busy so everyone stay warm, dry and safe. Hugs & Prayers...

MayinJerset
April 12th, 2013, 09:31 AM
Colder today than yesterday, very grey skies as rain is expected. Don't mind the rain as I plan to stay in and sew but 40 degrees after almost 80 the other day is too much of a change.

We had a nice 70th Bday lunch for cousin Terry yesterday, she was looking good and enjoyed the company and Bday flowers and ballons as well as the lunch we all brought. On the way to Terry's I picked up 3 other guests and got a bit worried when Alice had a big whipped Bday cake to bring but it fit very nicely in my car's trunk with the other food we all were bringing. Besides 2 chicken dishes, several veggies, salad and sweet potatoes we had the Bday cake, Italian cookies, fresh fruits and candy, no wonder I didn't feel like eating dinner when I got home. Good thing I had made Tuscan White Bean Soup and had a loaf of crispy bread for DH's dinner.

Lisapc
April 12th, 2013, 09:48 AM
I hope the storms pass quickly for all of us and those brave enough to head to the Quilt show in Manchester make it home safely or have a room to stay in for the night. It is supposed to get more icy as the day goes on.

Steffie: I remember my MIL yelling at me because she was complaining that their was something wrong with my son because he wasn't crawling or attempting to at 6 months and I had the nerve to tell her that not all babies crawl. She said, "of course they do or they don't learn to walk". I pointed to my 13 yr old and told her that she never crawled but ran across the room at 8 months. She says I lie but we have a date stamped video. Depends on the kid and I tried to get both of mine to crawl and only my son did after he started walking.

I have to tell my parents that they have to pay over 4k to the IRS. They don't have it. I am scared.

Sad day, no quilt show because of the storm and driving home in the storm if I did go, really upsetting my parents and a lingering migraine for day 3.

I need to take a bubble bath and drink some warm tea and play with some fabric. I am going to start practicing my smile now and soon enough it will be real!

Happy, dry, safe and warm day to all!

Mecread
April 12th, 2013, 09:55 AM
Morning,

I am dragging today. I did get the kids off to school.. we all over slept!
Dh has gone to a Fire Training Class in Paducah Ky for the weekend and its just the kids and I. Middle had a baseball thing all day on Saturday but its going to be low key today ... I hit up a fabric shop, a yarn shop and two quilting shops yesterday with rain that was crazy and I am worn outl I have to recover to head to AQS show in a few weeks!

I will need to clean as MIL will be here in a week.

Renate
April 12th, 2013, 09:58 AM
When I look at Steffie`s little darling it makes me happy. her strawberry mouth looks sooooo sweet.

buckeyequilter
April 12th, 2013, 09:59 AM
Steffie: I remember my MIL yelling at me because she was complaining that their was something wrong with my son because he wasn't crawling or attempting to at 6 months and I had the nerve to tell her that not all babies crawl. She said, "of course they do or they don't learn to walk". I pointed to my 13 yr old and told her that she never crawled but ran across the room at 8 months. She says I lie but we have a date stamped video. Depends on the kid and I tried to get both of mine to crawl and only my son did after he started walking.

I have to tell my parents that they have to pay over 4k to the IRS. They don't have it. I am scared.

I have a niece that didn't crawl but she walked at about 9 months. My son crawled just a little...he walked at 7 months. No...not all babies crawl.

I hope your parents can get things figured out with the IRS. Dealing with the IRS is one of my least favorite jobs at work.

CountryHut
April 12th, 2013, 10:14 AM
G'morning everyone . .

down pour here last evening -- only a few rolling thunder boomers off in the distance . . transformer popped again last night
and had to call the power company . . 2nd time in less than 2 weeks *ugh*~ . . . called the power company this morning to have
them check the transformer on our road and then spoke with a meter man's supervisor to give some "kudos" - our meter man is a very nice young man :)
well off to get breakfast and then there's laundry to do today - going to multi-task between washer and sewing machine . .

ya'll have a safe and wonderul day

GinnyKNC
April 12th, 2013, 10:26 AM
Stay safe Blondie - we got it all last night. I hope everyone has a blessed weekend. I need to start quilting my friends quilt - wish me luck on that.

WendyI
April 12th, 2013, 10:33 AM
Happy Friday everyone!!!

I wish I could read everyone's morning post this morning but sadly work beckons! School was cancelled yesterday and it should have been cancelled today!! I'm so mad! I paid $15 to park under my building this morning so I wouldn't have to walk the 15 minute from the parking lot on ice and in pouring rain. Stepped out of my truck and lost my feet! Gone! Landed on my left shoulder in a huge pile of ice and water. I'm sitting at my desk soaked and my shoulder is killing me. So off to fill out an accident report...if I'm hurtin already it's probably not going to be great tomorrow. sigh.

HUGS to everyone! I'll be back later to read the thread as I do every day.

Claire Hallman
April 12th, 2013, 10:37 AM
I heard about severe storms this morning on the news and Alabama got it again. Claire, my favorite Alabamian, hope you are okay. I can hear hail right now . . .

My granny always said that the seasons breaking were often violent. And each month borrows something from it's older sister.
So smile.
Thanks for thinking of me, I am in Georgia right now, on our way home from South Carolina and we decided to stop outside of Atlanta and avoid the storms. I hate to hear there was damage in Alabama. I didn't see anything on the news coverage I watched briefly so was hoping nothing bad had happened. Will check in again later, time to head home.

Evilynn
April 12th, 2013, 11:31 AM
I have a niece that didn't crawl but she walked at about 9 months. My son crawled just a little...he walked at 7 months. No...not all babies crawl.

I hope your parents can get things figured out with the IRS. Dealing with the IRS is one of my least favorite jobs at work.

Wow! So early. I walked with 18 months ;) I was lazy. I just sat there and cried instead of moving. HAHA! My mum said she thought I would never walk. Every baby has its own pace and I won't put Janna under any pressure. She's been so far great with her development and I am satisfied :)

MsRabbott
April 12th, 2013, 11:44 AM
Hoo boy, we have over a foot of fresh snow, it started yesterday morning at about 10:30 and it's still strong! It's gorgeous outside, as long as I'm INside to enjoy it!! :)

Mecread
April 12th, 2013, 01:01 PM
My oldest DD did not walk until 13 or 14 months, my middle son walked around 10 months and the 'baby' did not walk until 16 months... dd only "army crawled" and never on her knees.

debinmalaga
April 12th, 2013, 01:09 PM
Hello all! Rainy day here in WV, but no storms, no hail, nothing exciting, so I'm happy. Wishing everyone a great weekend!

buckeyequilter
April 12th, 2013, 01:14 PM
Wow! So early. I walked with 18 months ;) I was lazy. I just sat there and cried instead of moving. HAHA! My mum said she thought I would never walk. Every baby has its own pace and I won't put Janna under any pressure. She's been so far great with her development and I am satisfied :)

I have another niece that didn't walk until she was 14 months old and my daughter didn't walk until she was 11 months...so all the babies in the family didn't walk early. Now I surprised when someone tells me "so & so is walking....I'm like...they just came home from the hospital last week!" They grow up way to soon.

Lindagie
April 12th, 2013, 04:10 PM
Happy Friday Everyone: I don't know why I am so sleepy today. It has been cold the last two days, after the storms we got the other night. Maybe that is the reason! Spent some of yesterday and today making piano key strips for a border, putting together a double slice top for a lap quilt, trying to finish up some ilttle projects; would rather just take a nap right now.
I hope that all of you in a storm's path are ok and have no damage. Some areas of St. Louis are a mess and now the weatherman is predicting some more storms early next week. Hope they are wrong!

My older son walked at 9 months; the second one walked at 11 months, but wouldn't let go until after his first birthday;, and my daughter never did crawl. She just pulled herself up and walked at about 9.6 months too. They are all different, that is for sure!

Better go press some seams and try to finish at least one project. Got my package from MSQC earlier today and just love the Ellie Ann fabric. I think I am going to order some of the co

ordinating fabric before I forget; MSQC didn't have any of yardage that I wanted. Darn!

Stay safe everyone, and have a nice weekend!

janluna
April 12th, 2013, 07:29 PM
Hello Everyone! Saying prayers for all those people that have damage from the storms. Hope everyone is ok.
It's cold and rainy here. Joe and I have been in pain for three days. This weather is killing us. It was supposed to stop and clear today. That darn weatherman lied! It's still raining! lol Oh well, so it goes. Now they are worrying about flooding.
I haven't done anything sewing wise, in a week. I'm so bad! Well, I best close and get dinner before my Teddy Bear turns into a Grizzle Bear! Love, Hugs, and Prayers, Jan L.