PDA

View Full Version : College Orientation

phoots
April 12th, 2013, 12:50 AM
Today was orientation for the college I'll be start next week. We have to wear scrubs to class and they're all color-coded. Like the scrubs I picked up today are a teal color, for Medical Billing and Coding. I met a lot of people and I got a lot of phone numbers...probably won't remember any names even tomorrow. I'm feeling overwhelmed right now. This is an accelerated course. There's so much to learn in so little time. My ex-husband's wife has been coding for over 17 yrs. She sent me a message on Facebook yesterday saying if I ever needed any help... Wow! That blew me away!

I've set a goal for myself. Going to school was something that my Mom really wanted me to do. I know she's happy that I've finally gotten off my lazy back end and signed up. For her, and for me, I want to graduate with honors. That means I've really got to work hard. But I can do it! I'm very intelligent! I can graduate with honors!

I have a homework assignment for the weekend. The school needs to connect my name on my high school diploma to the name I'm using today. OMG! I'm been married and divorced 4 times!!! So I have to send away for marriages certificates for 4 marriages, but I only need a divorce decree from one. Still, that's a lot of dates to remember.

Monday night it starts for real! Seven months of intense studying.

Please, pray for me. I'm nervous.

I love you all!

Pam in Vegas

Mchelem
April 12th, 2013, 01:42 AM
Meh, who needs college??? Stay home and quilt lol.

Just kidding. Congrats on setting goals and striving to reach them. And good luck with your homework!!

Momofmonsters5
April 12th, 2013, 02:07 AM
You'll do great! I'm in college right now, been going for 18 months. I went ten years ago for 2 years so I'm on the downhill. Paper work at the beginning is a lot but after that its FASA once a year. Hang in there!!!

Jean Sewing Machine
April 12th, 2013, 02:14 AM
Good luck, and stick with it! Accelerated courses can be quite a challenge.

My daughter works in a hospital as a pharmacy tech, and they wear teal/ green scrubs. Helps the patients know who is taking care of them, and the doctors know who to boss around!

auntiemern
April 12th, 2013, 02:22 AM
Good luck Pam. You will do just fine.

Renate
April 12th, 2013, 02:24 AM
Very good luck dear Pam. You will have a great time, enjoy

nana margaret
April 12th, 2013, 04:48 AM
You'll do it, you have the determination. You are doing it because you really want to, not because you feel as though you have to, that makes a huge difference. Make your mum proud but even more importantly make yourself proud. I wish you the very best of luck!:icon_bigsmile:

Iris Girl
April 12th, 2013, 06:02 AM
you'll do great you have the right attitude and determination to stick with it and do good, Best of luck!!

Evilynn
April 12th, 2013, 06:18 AM
Wow! I am sure you'll do great. It seems you know you'll have to work hard but you seem to be more than willing to do this! Good luck!

Mpyles
April 12th, 2013, 07:31 AM
Yeah Pam!! How exciting!! Really proud of your guts to take this on!! Think of the reward at the end!!

Monique
April 12th, 2013, 07:38 AM
Pam, I have no doubt that you will fulfill your mother's dream and YOU WILL graduate with HONOURS!!

YOU GO GIRL!

EmmaB
April 12th, 2013, 07:54 AM
Big congrats! It sounds like you have your mind set on your goal and I'm sure you will do just great. Seven months will be over before you know it.

Bubby
April 12th, 2013, 08:10 AM
Good Luck, Pam!

Lisapc
April 12th, 2013, 10:01 AM
You are going to do great, good luck!

phoots
April 13th, 2013, 01:12 AM
You'll do great! I'm in college right now, been going for 18 months. I went ten years ago for 2 years so I'm on the downhill. Paper work at the beginning is a lot but after that its FASA once a year. Hang in there!!!

I actually started going to college fall of 1977 and still haven't gotten a degree! So that make it...just over 35 yrs!!! I once heard of a 90 yr old who finally got a BA degree!

Pam in Vegas

Sandy Navas
April 13th, 2013, 11:36 AM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-SOv0gm1giGc/TgTvrl-hS6I/AAAAAAAAG70/PKpAmi3a9tk/s1600/yes_you_can.png

rebeccas-sewing
April 13th, 2013, 11:49 AM
Put your nose to the grindstone, girl!!! Your hard work will pay off in the end. Good luck!

ilive2craft2
April 13th, 2013, 12:05 PM
Go for it! You can do it!

When you need a break, pop in here to say hello, but if this wonderful forum is too much of a distraction -- can't get homework done or feel like having to quilt instead of doing homework -- take a break from it and come back when you have more time. We will all still be here! If I have a handy place to procrastinate, I will....

You will do great! Enjoy learning new stuff! :)

lilmouse
April 13th, 2013, 12:08 PM
Best of luck to you Pam, will keep you in prayer but I know you can do this!