PDA

View Full Version : So much for that

Tanya D
April 11th, 2013, 02:19 PM
I had some big plans for my lunch hour today. I do Zumba twice a week and the group of ladies I dance with decided to do a weight loss challenge. So I was going to go for a nice long walk and enjoy some me time.

Well, it's snowing out and the snowflakes are the size of leaves. They are very wet and if I went walking, I'd be drenched in no time. Grr...I was really looking forward to it.

So, I guess I will head home for lunch, have a snuggle with my pup and sew for a bit. I have a backing to sew together.

Will spring ever come?

grammakim04
April 11th, 2013, 02:22 PM
I know I was very disappointed when I saw the snow this morning. :(

Granny Judy
April 11th, 2013, 02:25 PM
I'm missing the sun shine.. it's rained and is still overcast out there. I wanna play in the dirt!!

Lisapc
April 11th, 2013, 02:26 PM
No snow here today but it is very cool and cloudy with rain. The spring will come to you I promise.

RiverMomm
April 11th, 2013, 02:37 PM
We are expecting 8-10 inches of snow tomorrow. But at least it will be raining this weekend and it will help the snow to go away faster. I wish I could say I would be sewing but instead, I will be packing and making the house to look nice for walk throughs. I hate hate hate having people walk through. And if I sew, you know there will be bits and pieces all over the place. LOL

Tanya D
April 11th, 2013, 02:40 PM
You're moving Vicky? From the pictures you post of your quilts, you back onto a beautiful lake...I hope you are moving somewhere just as pretty!

RiverMomm
April 11th, 2013, 02:48 PM
We are moving to a smaller house nearby but sadly, not on the lake. We are renting this house and while I LOVE being on the lake, the house is 100 years old and to be honest, I am ready to come back into this century. So, our new home is a smaller house but the rooms are more user friendly (no hitting your head on slanted ceilings, etc), the bathroom in the new house (built in 2005!!) is nice. I have so missed a nice bathroom (yes, I am a spoiled American!). Hardly any sidewalk . . . means hardly any shoveling. And we are going to get one of those white tent things to cover the cars during the snow. The back yard is small but sweet. NO huge trees to rake and clean up after. No major snow drifts to come off the lake. And the monthly hydro bill is $200 less. Rent less, hydro less, no snow removal . . . ohhhhhhhhhhh my, think of the fabric I will be able to buy!!

And I plan on visiting my sons and new grandson more.

I got plans, I tell ya, I got plans!

Monique
April 11th, 2013, 03:02 PM
We are moving to a smaller house nearby but sadly, not on the lake. We are renting this house and while I LOVE being on the lake, the house is 100 years old and to be honest, I am ready to come back into this century. So, our new home is a smaller house but the rooms are more user friendly (no hitting your head on slanted ceilings, etc), the bathroom in the new house (built in 2005!!) is nice. I have so missed a nice bathroom (yes, I am a spoiled American!). Hardly any sidewalk . . . means hardly any shoveling. And we are going to get one of those white tent things to cover the cars during the snow. The back yard is small but sweet. NO huge trees to rake and clean up after. No major snow drifts to come off the lake. And the monthly hydro bill is $200 less. Rent less, hydro less, no snow removal . . . ohhhhhhhhhhh my, think of the fabric I will be able to buy!!

And I plan on visiting my sons and new grandson more.

I got plans, I tell ya, I got plans!

Way to go Vicky. Maybe I will get a chance and go for a visit one day.

Tanya D
April 11th, 2013, 04:20 PM
Those are some splendid plans you've got!!! Enjoy your new amenities :)