PDA

View Full Version : a bit bumed... :(

WendyI
April 11th, 2013, 10:56 AM
today is a "snow" day! Well freezing rain day...and the schools are closed! And I can't quilt!! I have to go to the dentist this morning...and so that totally eats the budget for quilting this week...I SO wanted to get the fabric to make Liam's quilt and I could have been working on it today. stupid teeth!

AND I have NO idea if my iron has been received back at the company or not and I'm so worried! I sent it last Friday and it was only going to Calgary...it should have been there by now! If Murphy's Law shows up again and I lose that iron I'm gonna hafta hurt that man! Seriously.

Renate
April 11th, 2013, 11:12 AM
Wendy, it is definitly a day for laying your legs up, watching any old movie (gone with the wind for example) eating a big mug of icecream and let all worst things outside the door

EmmaB
April 11th, 2013, 12:10 PM
That's so aggravating when you have some unexpected time to do something and you can't do it. It's always something!!! I hope you enjoy the rest of your day. Renate's suggestion of a good movie and ice cream sounds good!

Tanya D
April 11th, 2013, 01:09 PM
Yep, sounds like a day to snuggle up with a cup of hot chocolate (pour a little Baileys in there for an extra kick) and watch some movies.

I know what you mean about budgets and fabric. I'm just itching to start that falling charm quilt but I have no white fabric. It will have to wait til payday...in the meantime, I just go in my sewing room and rub my Sakura Park fabric and tell it that soon it will be a beautiful quilt.

EmmaB
April 11th, 2013, 01:20 PM
Oooo, the Baileys is a nice addition, lol

Lisapc
April 11th, 2013, 02:05 PM
I truly beleive that all quilters should have no need for sleep and an unlimited amount of funds. That way we could fill the world with our beautiful work.

I hope you come into some extra fun money for that quilt.

shermur
April 11th, 2013, 02:09 PM
Oh, Lisa...if that were true; I have had those same thoughts! LOL

Tanya D
April 11th, 2013, 02:15 PM
I would quit my job and quilt all day every day if I could...that is my bliss at this point. Well, that and my hubby and kids...they will always be my bliss.

Monique
April 11th, 2013, 03:11 PM
Wendy, the storm is headed this way tonight. I would love to say that tomorrow will be a snow day but it can't be.

Neither rain nor snow
Or sleet nor hail
Will keep me from
Delivering the mail.

Tanya D
April 11th, 2013, 04:18 PM
LOL Monique...do they have that motto hanging on the walls in the mail plant?

Evilynn
April 11th, 2013, 05:19 PM
Oh Wendy. On days like these, I do what Renate suggests. I snuggle up on the couch in a comfy quilt, have loads of chocolate with me and watch movies. My all time cheer up movie is "Legally Blonde" (I know, don't beat me, that movie is so silly but so cheerful, it always makes me feel better!) perhaps you have your own movie that always brightens your mood. Go for it! Days like these are for those movies!

MartinaG
April 11th, 2013, 05:47 PM
"Must Love Dogs" is another great movie. It has the best scene of s*x that never happens - I laughed out loud. But then I really like John Cusack.

How about practicing some needle-turn applique with scraps? Hope your treatment at the dentist isn't painful (well, I know it is for the wallet but maybe not so much for the mouth,)

Suzyq
April 12th, 2013, 07:24 AM
Wendy, you'll be so knackered from your dentist's appt, you'll only want to do what others have suggested...grab your fav. Quilt and have a snuggle...maybe grab a pen and paper and take the time to plan your next project ....either way, enjoy the day!