PDA

View Full Version : Thanks for Thursday

SallyO'Sews
April 11th, 2013, 10:21 AM
Hi, Everyone!!

Well, it's Thursday - time to give thanks! Yes, I know, we are to be thankful every day - and I am! Today I am thankful for DGS#5, who is turning 3 today! He is a total cutie pie and we are extra thankful that he lives close to us (in the next town over) and we get to see him, his baby sister, and his parents (DS#3 and DDIL) often.

So my big question today is...

ALL YOU MISSOURIANS AND OTHER QUILTY FRIENDS IN THE PLAINS STATES... ARE YOU OKAY?

Been praying since I heard about the tornadoes this a.m. on the radio. I promise I will be very thankful if you are able to check in and reassure us that you are all right.

Have a wonderful quilty day!

Blessings,
~ Sally \0/

WendyI
April 11th, 2013, 10:24 AM
Hoping no one experienced any trauma at the hands of tornados!! That would make me very relieved.

Jean Sewing Machine
April 11th, 2013, 10:40 AM
A bad storm hit within a mile of my house and we were without electricity overnight. Unfortunately, the cable TV is still off air, so I can't tell anything specific about exactly where it was and how much damage. No one was seriously hurt, but some roofs were blown off. I live in the north suburb of St. Louis. They say the storm hit Hazelwood which is the next suburb adjoining mine, so it was close. There was strong wind and a lot of rain, thunder and lightning. No hail, thank heaven, that's what seems to cause the most damage to houses and cars. Of course, we've had our share of tornadoes around here, April 22, 2010 was a very bad one followed a couple of weeks later by the Joplin tornado which just about wiped that city off the map! I believe the continuation of those storms hit Alabama really hard, too.

SallyO'Sews
April 11th, 2013, 11:14 AM
So thankful you are okay, Jean!

EmmaB
April 11th, 2013, 11:58 AM
Thankfully, no storm damage here. In southeast MO where I am, I think the storms just clipped us. A few counties west of me I believe had a tornado, but no major damage was done and no one was hurt. Today started out being around 65 degrees and the temperature is steadily dropping. Suppose to be in the 30's tonight I think. Crazy weather!

CrazyMtnLady
April 11th, 2013, 12:07 PM
Thank you for your concern. We are okay here. We did have some heavy rain with small hail but no damage. I am sure the creek is impassable but we don't need to go to town today anyway. I think the worst of the storms were south of me in Arkansas and more north of me in center and upper Missouri.

SuzyQue
April 11th, 2013, 01:01 PM
The storms must have went around us.....no troubles here....praises for that! Anyone heard from Marilyn?

Tanya D
April 11th, 2013, 01:18 PM
I hope everyone in the storm's path is safe and sound.

It's snowing here...again...I'm not sure it will ever stop snowing

Lisapc
April 11th, 2013, 02:12 PM
I am thankful for:

everyones safety that experienced that storm.
that the quilt show is tomorrow and I get to see all the "stuff" and meet forum friends for real.
that Cyndi has a great burger joint picked out for tomorrows lunch.
that my kids are all happy and healthy compared to so many others.
that I have hubby.
that my dogs are sleeping and not wanting to be out in the yuck of a weather day we are having.
that the forum seems to have returned for the most part to the supportive, giving and funny nature it was meant to be.
so much more.
that I recognize I have a lot to be grateful for.

Tanya D
April 11th, 2013, 02:25 PM
Oh geez, I forgot to post my thankfulness!

I am thankful for my beautiful kids...that they are kind and funny and they are able to enjoy a wonderful life
I am thankful for my hubby Steve who is more than happy to go pick up fabric for me because he is in the area of the LQS everyday
I am thankful for my forum friends who answer my questions and provide me with inspiration daily
I am thankful for my mom and dad who are still alive and well
I am thankful for a job that provides for me and my family and my quilting addiction!

auntiemern
April 12th, 2013, 12:20 AM
Today I am thankful that the storms were all north of us. Also that I can breath better today. Bronchitis just isn't any fun. The new med has further weakened my immune system, so the kids coldsturned in to bronhitis for me. Thankful for wonderful friends and family, and that God has given me the ability and means to make a difference in others lives. Quilt on ya'all.

I am thankful for:
that the forum seems to have returned for the most part to the supportive, giving and funny nature it was meant to be.

It was also quiet and back to it's former self for an entire week after Easter too :)