PDA

View Full Version : What is your favorite Smell good fragrance scented oils . . .

CountryHut
April 11th, 2013, 08:59 AM
I know everyone likes their house smell good . .
- in the fall I like spice scents -- boy do I have a clove that smell great - and it don't take much to fill the house
with the scent of clove -- I also like the scent pumpkin pie -- total yum
- in the winter I love the scent of Christmas Trees . . like a Blue Spuce or frazier fur
- spring time -- I like patchouli or woodland orange and ginger
- for summer -- love love love Honeydew melon - watermelon - I guess the fruit scented oils . .

What about everyone else? . . .

Bubby
April 11th, 2013, 09:07 AM
I love the scents of coconut/hibiscus and vanilla. In the winter I like a soft pine, chocolate mint, spicy apple cider and one particular scent called hot chocolate. I buy Circle E candles and they have a scent called Bird of Paradise that's fabulous. I also buy Scentsy wax bars and my favorite is CamuCamu, which I think smells like peach iced tea. What's a camu camu anyway?

I love for our house to smell good. My Granny always said that it's not enough for your house to be clean...it also needs to smell good. She always kept a pan of orange slices, cloves and sticks of cinnamon simmering on the wood stove all winter.

CrazyMtnLady
April 11th, 2013, 09:14 AM
I love the smell of Cinnamon....it always takes me back to my childhood and Mom's good cooking.
I love the smell of baby powder (had that in my Scentsy candle in the bathroom but just changed it to Cucumber Melon.
I LOVE LOVE LOVE the fragrance of Lilacs. when I lived in upstate New York I had a big Lilac bush near the side of my house so that when I was washing dishes with the window open I could smell them. Or sitting on my couch in the living room. I miss that lilac bush.

Deneldac00p
April 11th, 2013, 09:24 AM
Because of allergies and asthma I can't use those things and I cannot visit anyone who uses them in thie homes. I also have trouble going into shops that sell smelly candles and so on. They really do take my breath away.

Lisapc
April 11th, 2013, 09:28 AM
Dena: I am sorry you are so allergic. A friend of mine is as well and it is hard.

I am stuck on two Yankee candles at the moment. Bahama Breeze, very fruity and Sun and Sand. I usually have some sort of candle going in the mornings. Right now Sweet Pea is burning in my kitchen but I don't really love it. I am burning it daily so I can move on to Sun and Sand. In the fall I love all the fall scents and I find that those scents carry me through the winter.

Bailey65
April 11th, 2013, 09:49 AM
I LOVE candles and usually have one burning at all times! Geez...the problem is narrowing it down....I love the spice scents! Cinnamon, Spiced Apple, Pumpkin, Banana Bread and I cannot remember the brand but its called "Country Store" I think that one is my very favorite :D

aliaslaceygreen
April 11th, 2013, 10:04 AM
almost anything but patchouli/sandalwood... those two just kill me... I can't even work with a customer wearing them...

I love gardenia... and I wish that magnolia and wisteria were more of a scent that was marketed....that slightly lemony scent is just wonderful....

WendyI
April 11th, 2013, 10:22 AM
it's so funny how some scents make some people so happy and feel good yet make others sick. lol. I love patchouli and sandalwood but I know most people do not. I also can't stand the smell of cinnamon but for many people it's comforting. I do like the smell of apple pie though and I don't know too may people who don't love THAT smell!

There was a perfume a friend of mines mother had when I was a teenager called Pavlova...omg I LOVED IT. Sadly, I was never able to procure some for myself and have never found it anywhere...don't think it's made anymore.

I love anything cranberry scented or that other red fruit that escapes me...and strawberry too, vanilla and lavender. I absolutely ADORE lilacs and lily of the valley, but sadly cannot have them indoors or I get horrible migraines....my garden is full of both though!!

Jean Sewing Machine
April 11th, 2013, 10:32 AM
Lavender, or roses. I have lavender growing in my front garden. Love the smell of it, and the color is. My favorite!

Sandy Navas
April 11th, 2013, 10:53 AM
FRESH AIR. Otherwise, keep those scents and fragrances at home. I'm like Dena - they give me a headache. But, there ain't nuttin' like the smell of opening those doors and windows in the spring and having fresh air invade the home!

SallyO'Sews
April 11th, 2013, 11:07 AM
I like spice, Christmas tree, and vanilla scents. Not a big fan of florals, except on fabric. :lol:
Also love pumpkin pie and coconut scents, but not most other fruity scents.
I have one of those ceramic gizmos that have a light bulb inside to melt the scented wax, and I love it.

buckeyequilter
April 11th, 2013, 11:09 AM
I love the smell of lilacs and those candles are really hard to find..but when I do, I always buy some. In the fall I like the spicy scents....and at Christmas I absolutely love the Sugar Cookie candles. My DH has some problems with some of the candles...so I'm careful about what I buy. He will burn inscense with no problem.....I cannot stand it, it just smells smoky to me.

GinnyKNC
April 11th, 2013, 11:36 AM
I have several that I love. Lavender, Gardenia, Roses and Lilacs are my favorite flower scents. Cinnamon stick and Christmas trees are among my favorite too.
I have garenia's outside my front door and love when they are in bloom. They smell so good. I have a rose garden but find it difficult to grow them here. It was much easier up North. I haven't been able to grow lilacs and lavender successfully here yet, but I'm going to keep trying :)

Tanya D
April 11th, 2013, 01:27 PM
I love vanilla and the spice ones...I have a whole box of Partylite candles with many different scents. I kind of go in spurts of burning candles. I'll burn candles all weekend and then it will be months before I light another candle. My hubby isn't a lover of scents so I tend to light candles when he's not around.

pcbatiks
April 11th, 2013, 01:55 PM
FRESH AIR. Otherwise, keep those scents and fragrances at home. I'm like Dena - they give me a headache. But, there ain't nuttin' like the smell of opening those doors and windows in the spring and having fresh air invade the home!

Amen to that...........Hairsprays, candles, perfumes, scented products........they all give me a headache........and with some a stuffy nose & sneezing. I'm the person in the shampoo aisle trying to find one that doesn't give me a headache. Love the pretty spring days when I can open the house.........love the fresh air!

Iris Girl
April 11th, 2013, 03:47 PM
I love cinnamon spice and fresh laundry off the line, I love the smell of spring and the smell of fresh dirt when you dig in it and the air after a t storm. I also love lilacs and Have a big bush by my clothesline, also love the smell of hyacinths.

perfumes are a whole nother matter...never where any and can't strand many as they give me a splitting headache. Hate those ladies that come in the store with a whole bottle dumped on them...

MartinaG
April 11th, 2013, 03:58 PM
My favorite scents are bacon and onion being fried together, Can you tell that I am a foody? lol

I also like the smell of vanilla, and my home-made Best Press with essential lavender oil.

Of course I can't forget the smell of my honey and his aftershave Tabak.

Divine Daisy
April 11th, 2013, 04:00 PM
Like Sandy I love fresh air. Always have the windows wide open when I can. Mr D complains. A lot.

Doloris
April 11th, 2013, 04:07 PM
Jasmine and lilacs and lavender are some I like, but I have to agree fresh air is the best

Karena1984
April 11th, 2013, 08:11 PM
My step sister makes and sells those wax tarts. I have tarte melting all day long! My favorites are the bakery scents! I bake a lot so I cannot have something floral smelling or my house would smell very odd! Right now I have banana nut bread scent! I'm thinking butter pecan or pecan tansies tomorrow! I love a house that smells yummy!!

Eliza
April 11th, 2013, 09:40 PM
Amen to that...........Hairsprays, candles, perfumes, scented products........they all give me a headache........and with some a stuffy nose & sneezing. I'm the person in the shampoo aisle trying to find one that doesn't give me a headache. Love the pretty spring days when I can open the house.........love the fresh air!

Me too, I have to hold my breath when I go down the laundry aisle, or if I am near someone wearing perfume!

ilive2craft2
April 11th, 2013, 10:09 PM
Me too - we do the Tide or All Free laundry detergent and just to get to it I hold my breath - hate the stores that try to spray you with perfume - I have to move quickly through those perfume displays if I can't avoid them altogether! Have had to ask co-workers to stop wearing a certain scent. ugh, hate being allergy girl!

Me too, I have to hold my breath when I go down the laundry aisle, or if I am near someone wearing perfume!

Hulamoon
April 11th, 2013, 10:32 PM
My mom was allergic to perfume. I sneeze to much when I'm around it too. My dd and I went into an east India type store and we had to walk around real quick. It burned your eyes. lol I think it was the incense flooding the store.

Candles I'm okay with. We have a lot of candle makers here. So I love Plumeria, Tuberose, Gardenia, and then there is Puakenikeni. If you get a lei made from that you are one special person. The scent is to die for!

Judy~Ann
April 11th, 2013, 10:42 PM
I love the scents of coconut/hibiscus and vanilla. In the winter I like a soft pine, chocolate mint, spicy apple cider and one particular scent called hot chocolate. I buy Circle E candles and they have a scent called Bird of Paradise that's fabulous. I also buy Scentsy wax bars and my favorite is CamuCamu, which I think smells like peach iced tea. What's a camu camu anyway?

I love for our house to smell good. My Granny always said that it's not enough for your house to be clean...it also needs to smell good. She always kept a pan of orange slices, cloves and sticks of cinnamon simmering on the wood stove all winter.

Jean .. can I come live with you ... .those are my favorite scents too

kelliedi
April 11th, 2013, 10:53 PM
honeysuckle, gardenia, jasmine, lilac, fresh cotton, linen, and apple cinnamon. NO sugary ones though they make me sick to my stomach.

auntiemern
April 12th, 2013, 12:30 AM
Cinnamon, apple pie. Natural smells, that you would get with baking seem to appeal to me. Although I do not like sugar cookie, lol.