PDA

View Full Version : NO WONDER!

Sandy Navas
January 24th, 2011, 01:23 AM
I was beginning to think my computer had a giant hiccup because every thing slowed down here and I just checked. There are 655 people on-line!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And that shows as the MOST EVER!!!!!!!!!!

AL (YOO HOO) - We gotta get us a GIGANTIC server . . .

janluna
January 24th, 2011, 02:22 AM
Isn't it great? And Al just upgraded the server after the time it crashed when they did the deal of the hour. It changed every hour and the old server couldn't keep up. It was fun though. How are you doing Sandy. What are you working on? Hugs, Jan L

sewsoft
January 24th, 2011, 03:52 AM
Cool ! Deal of the hour... You mean I missed it? Well the Deal of the day today is pretty cute.

Sandy Navas
January 24th, 2011, 06:26 AM
Isn't it great? And Al just upgraded the server after the time it crashed when they did the deal of the hour. It changed every hour and the old server couldn't keep up. It was fun though. How are you doing Sandy. What are you working on? Hugs, Jan L

And here it is, almost 3:30 in the morning and there are STILL a slug of people on line. I think this forum is the greatest thing since whipped cream . . . or something else just as decadent. I think it has to be the wonderful folks behind the scene, the wonderful viewers and on-line participants, and the absolutely fantastic how too's, tutorials, and ideas.

MSQC Quilter's Forum is FAMILY.

What am I doing up? Had to make a BR run and couldn't go back to sleep so decided to check this out. I HAVE to pretend surprise as I think DH will have my quilting frame finished today. Have two lap quilts in the works - one for his favorite Aunt Paz, and another for my favorite mother-in-law. Then I'm torn about my next project - which will try to slip it's way in between these two - I do suffer from "BUTT-FIRST DISEASE", better known as BFD.

Dragonfly
January 24th, 2011, 06:54 AM
Sadly ladies this high volume traffic is not necessarily a good thing and it is just possible that Al is pulling his hair out behind the scenes. It's a long complicated technical story but that level of traffic can be malicious. For example I couldn't get in here earlier quite possibly because of it, it is often done to deliberately crash a system and it can do so quite successfully. :(

Blondie
January 24th, 2011, 08:31 AM
We are really growing. Now if EVERYONE who popped in here posted, we really would have a "Houston, we have a problem" situation.
Sadly, I didn't get in on the deal of the hour, either.

patticakes
January 24th, 2011, 11:30 AM
Sadly ladies this high volume traffic is not necessarily a good thing and it is just possible that Al is pulling his hair out behind the scenes. It's a long complicated technical story but that level of traffic can be malicious. For example I couldn't get in here earlier quite possibly because of it, it is often done to deliberately crash a system and it can do so quite successfully. :(

The "crowd" is still here and I immediately thought the same thing as you Dragonfly! Hope no one crashes our nice little hideaway!

toggpine
January 24th, 2011, 04:16 PM
I also noticed that several of the comments were looking a lot like SPAM! And not the kind my hubby likes to fry up with scrambled eggs!
These folks had better know who they are dealing with. If they crashed our lovely little MSQC they might just be facing a world-wide army of angry, rotary-cutter-wielding women, jonesing for their friends and fabric! It would not be pretty. :icon_heh:

Let's hope it is not the case as I have several projects to get to, and I really don't have time to go storming the castle and get that mess all cleaned up first. :icon_rolleyes: But, a woman's work is never done, and with all of us, it shouldn't take too long, so I guess we can be on stand-by for YSGLCG. He really does a lot for us.

Hmm, I wonder where I put those older rotary blades. Probably wont matter too much in this case if they skip a thread when cutting.... :icon_crazy: