PDA

View Full Version : Mornin' !!

Blondie
January 23rd, 2011, 10:59 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v693/BSpence/TimetoRelax.gif

Good Morning, Ladies,
Hope that everyone rested well and feels chipper this morning. I slept great and feel positilvely marvelous. The sun is shining outside, the woodstove kept us warm, and I am off to church in a wee bit of time. Then I will be checking in on my sissie. I haven't spent any real amount of time with her in the past few days and am hungry to see her and just giggle a lot. Her hubs is still not working since his diabetes diagnosis before Christmas when he had a heart attack. If you think I can bellyache about a man under foot, you should live in my sissie's shoes. I would really have to slap him down a few times a day and tell him it was a good thing. Good grief! But, I don't live with him, I can go home if he gets on my nerves and I do love him dearly. After being married to my sis for 35 years I have gotten to know him pretty darn well. So rescue sissie this afternoon if only for a cuppa coffee is in order. hehehe
I have some bean soaking for soup since they (weatherlosers) insist on calling for loads of snow starting Tuesday. I will be making some parmesan bread to go with. Yum.
Check in later. Big Sunday Morning hugs to all my quilty sisters here
Blondie

debinmalaga
January 23rd, 2011, 12:05 PM
Saint Mike is making bacon and pancakes for breakfast and life is good :-). Finished qulting my Dresden plate project last night - had the best time ever quilting it - bought another charm pack to make a scrappy binding for it so now just waiting for that package from MSQC and that project is done.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday! I'm off to Joann's sometime today to look at their tools, use my coupon. I think MSQC has to come up with an easy to purchase gift card so I could steer family and friends towards them instead of Joann's :-).

lhayes1976
January 23rd, 2011, 12:24 PM
I went to Joann's yesterday and the store was crowded. I've never seen a line for fabric to be cut! I usually go during the work week--not sure if it' always like this or just their sale. I don't mind the wait--I like to look around at other's carts and try to figure out what they are making.

Sandy Navas
January 23rd, 2011, 12:59 PM
GOOD MORNING Missouri Star Stars!!!!!!!!!!!!! (In my best Robin Williams voice).

Have a great time with your Sis today, Blondie. I'll keep an eye on the beans for you.

Deb - don't buy everything JoAnns has to offer today. What specifically are you looking for? DH and I were looking for craft pins at Michaels the other night and he picked up this Olfa compass with a 18mm blade for cutting circles. I had already picked up a circle template and got excited to have this tiny little cutter to make the template that much easier to use. Alas, the blade on the compass cutter doesn't protrude deep enough into the template so they really can't be used together as I had anticipated. All is NOT lost though because they each have their purpose.

lhayes - I want to go shopping with you. I was in JoAnns one day just prior to Christmas and there was a woman in line who had on red and white stripped socks, green knickers, a red long-sleeved shirt, green vest, bells around her neck, huge elf ears (one was missing), an elf hat, and one reindeer antler. I had spotted her car in the parking lot because it had a HUGE red nose strapped to the front.
And, I wondered, who lets these people out on the streets in broad daylight? It is a lot of fun checking out grocery cart items in the 20 item or less aisles, too.

janluna
January 23rd, 2011, 01:37 PM
Sandy which Joann's did you go to! That sound hilarious. I would have had a hard time to not laugh out loud. Too funny. Do you think she was one of Santa's helper's? lol
I bought one of those circle rotary blades too and had the same problem. And it felt flimsy in my hand. I thought boy this things going to snap and hurt someone. I tried it by itself(without the ruler) and the handle tried bending in my hand no matter how soft or hard I held it. It's an accident looking for a place to happen!
Ihayes, yes, it is always a zoo when they have their sales, especially on the weekends. At least ours is. I got behind a lady that had 15 bolts of fabric and she wanted a yard of each one. It took forever and I thought my back would break waiting to get waited on. But thats a normal thing when there is a sale.
Deb, I agree with you about sending people to MSQC to shop. A gift card would be nice to have from there. I always try and use them first as they do so much for us. I used my Christmas card for the fabric for the block swap. I really did well but would have preferred an MSQC card as I had to order online anyway. The service is better and the fabric is nicer at MSQC. Oh well, if wishes were horses, beggars could ride. lol Enjoy your breakfast!
Blondie if I can wade through the snow, I'd come to your house for bean soup. It's my favorite soup and I love making it. However it always taste better if someone else makes it. And I've been told mine is really good. I'd rather come see you. lol Top of the morning to you too. And tell your sissy I said hi.
Well, everyone have a wonderful and productive Sunday. I'll be cutting blades for my grandmother's fan block. God bless and hugs to all, Jan L

quiltingtrish
January 23rd, 2011, 01:49 PM
We have those 'weatherlosers' here too. They won't even say how much we'll get on Wednesday until at least tomorrow - could be a foot or an inch. I'll be getting extra milk either way. And I already plan on walking to school all week - getting that exercise in! Yeah me - fow walking when the roads are dry!! That's my biggest obstacle. See those dry roads and off I go jumping in the car.

I have Zach's quilt in the washer as I speak. Just waiting for that to throw in the dryer so I can head to Dad's. Depending on when it's dry, maybe I'll drop it off today.

My next project - think I'll get the wholecloth blocks layered and pinned so they are ready to pick up when I get chances to actually sit down. That should help to get them done in no time. Also have lots of other projects looming - hmmm - what to choose next for the machine. I do think it will be something that has already been started - wanting to get some of the UFO's finished.

Well, off for garbage collection and little odd things that need done before I head out today.

Stay warm for those in the freezing areas, watch your backs if you're shoveling this week, and your step if you're walking (that would be me!).

Hugs,

shell.scraps
January 23rd, 2011, 02:12 PM
Good morning (or what's left of it!!) We need to head out to pick up our boys from a sleepover in a little while....then out to lunch....then normal running around to get ready for the week ahead..those weather idiots are telling us we are going to have a foot of snow...I live in alabama...that can't be right....can it?? :icon_rolleyes: I also have to get cracking on a quilt project for my son's class. We are doing a quilt for Gala next month and tomorrow I'm supposed to go into the class and get blocks signed by the kids...we'll see how that goes!!

Have a great day ladies!!

Keepstitchin
January 23rd, 2011, 02:23 PM
Wow. everybody is so busy!! Blondie I love bean soup as well, sometimes I add low fat italian turkey sausage and spinach, my son loves it!

I have been doing alot of lurking lately because I have been busy with my family and sick fil, school and my son. Been entirely to busy lately, but no sewing!! I am going to try and take a break today and stitch something! I am desparate!!
I hope all of you that are snowed in are ok, and safe and warm!
Have a wonderful Sunday!

bakermom
January 23rd, 2011, 02:26 PM
Sitting here wrapped in a blanket sipping some coffee. Dogs huddled at my feet. Heading upstairs to try to sew later. We'll see. i sliced the tip of my thumb last night fixing potatoes for supper. Not as bad as it could have been(my fingers are so calloused i didn't even feel it). I have it bandaged pretty well and while it doesn't hurt too much but it's in the way when i 'm pinning pieces together. I tried last night and gave it up as a bad job.
DS's furnace is fixable but they have to order the part. He's camping out at the house to keep an eye on the pipes. everything should be back to normal for them tomorrow.

Lola2Ace
January 23rd, 2011, 03:01 PM
Afternoon all!
Blondie, like so many I love bean soup too. The ham bone from Christmas dinner is in the freezer just waiting......
I have gotten the bills done and the checkbook balanced this a.m., now to get in some sewing. I got the inner border on Ace's quilt yesterday then couldn't decide how wide I wanted the outer border so I slept on it. Decision made and it's on the cutting board just waiting for me. Hoping to get moving on some other UFO's that are hogging space in the sewing room too. As always, there is laundry to do, and youngest DD will be home from work later with a friend, so I will have to cook dinner......:icon_rolleyes: . I love to cook, but would rather just sew the time away instead. :D
bakermom, I feel so sorry for you DS camping out in that cold cold house!
I hope everybody has a great day!
Lola

middlesis1966
January 23rd, 2011, 03:55 PM
Today has been a great day. I woke with very little pain, YAHOO!!! I'm back to being me again. I was starting to wonder if it was ever going to happen. I was about ready to go back and tell the doctor to remove the expanders i dont care anymore.
Blondie bean soup sounds so yummy. Plus is that it warms ya from the tip of your head to the tipps of your toes. MMMMMM. The leftovers just get better also.
Today I'm just going to enjoy this day. I went and had lunch wilh all my bros and sissies. My one bro leaves 2hrs away so he only up a few months at a time. Now with the price of gas it'll be less, grrrrr. Still we had a blast last night into today.
Happy sewing all.

Sandy Navas
January 23rd, 2011, 06:10 PM
We have those 'weatherlosers' here too. They won't even say how much we'll get on Wednesday until at least tomorrow - could be a foot or an inch. I,

We lived outside Rochester, NY (1977 - 1982) and DH laughed at the weatherman there who used to say, "We are expecting some snow overnight . . . " and we'd wake up to the lake effect snow measuring about 4 foot deep and hear the weather man say, "Boy, that was SOME snow we got overnight."

Sandy Navas
January 23rd, 2011, 06:14 PM
Sandy which Joann's did you go to! That sound hilarious. I would have had a hard time to not laugh out loud.

I am sure she must have just come from school or doing someone's birthday party or serving as Santa's helper at the mall where they were taking pictures or something like that. Or maybe she still believes in Santa . . . I know I do.

When Al and I were traveling all over this beautiful Earth we had many lay-overs in airports in just about every country out there . . . and we loved to people watch. I often remarked I should write a book titled "Scenes from an Airport" because we saw all types of characters. One that stands out - and believe me I in no way am making fun of someone because of their size, shape . . . or any other attribute - was a man about 500 pounds and his shirt was made from a circus tent type canvas with stripes about 5 inches wide. Talk about the Big Top . . .

Slap me - sometimes I am totally off the wall and politically in-correct.

Onetiredmomma
January 23rd, 2011, 06:52 PM
Hello everyone!
We had a beautiful morning at church and the rest of the day is a football day in this house. It's especially a big deal here in the Pittsburgh area. Go Steelers! I hope you all have had a good day!

Blondie
January 23rd, 2011, 10:06 PM
Hi Ladies
It's been a pleasant enough day. Sis and I went out for coffee and laughed our backsides off. Sandy, you are certainly not alone in your thoughts. Most of our laughter comes from people watching and i declare that the Walmart People all come from our region. It is a definite that most of these folks do not have a full length mirror in their home. Like your circus man, what were they thinking? LOL.

There is joy in Mudville tonite since my husband's beloved Packers won. Sorry, Patticakes. Perhaps next year the Bears will get another go. Being totally selfish, I am happy that I will sleep well without watching my man pout over a GAME. I do love football but personally prefer college ball over pro these days. But I will watch any game, any team because I love to watch the sport. Makes me really miss my Dad as we always spent Sundays watching pro ball with him. Before he and Mom got too ill we would bring them with us to Friday night high school games, long after my kids were grown.

Have a great evening, ladies. Sleep well and wake up ready to share some coffee with me. Tea drinkers always welcome too,:D