PDA

View Full Version : My poor son (do not look if you don't want to see blood!!)

Mchelem
April 9th, 2013, 03:54 AM
He came home from school early today because his back was hurting. The pain he described made me think kidney stone, so I gave him 2 Advil and suggested a hot bath to see if that would ease the pain. I made him an appt with the dr for tomorrow. As he was getting out of the tub, he felt dizzy and plunged head first into the door frame and split open his lip. He ended up with 8 stitches!! He also has a small laceration on his forehead that they glued. Because he hit his head, they can't give him anything for pain, and I am up, on concussion watch, waking him every 4 hours. The split on his lip was so wide, my pinky finger would fit in between. Please say a little prayer that he doesn't have much pain and that the swelling goes down. I feel so bad for him.

I tried to put a lot of space in between the words and the picture, because there's blood, and I don't want anyone to have to see it if they don't want to.

Evilynn
April 9th, 2013, 04:00 AM
Poor guy! I will keep him in my thoughts! I hope he heals quickly!

Mchelem
April 9th, 2013, 04:01 AM
Poor guy! I will keep him in my thoughts! I hope he heals quickly!

Thank you. Right now he looks as if he lost a fight with a wall!

mamaquilt
April 9th, 2013, 04:25 AM
I feel so sorry for you son. Hope he heals quickly and that he doesn't have too much pain.

Swedish leo
April 9th, 2013, 04:32 AM
Oh Poor guy. Hope he feels better soon!

shannonsaulter
April 9th, 2013, 04:36 AM
Poor kid...did they address his pain from the original complaint to??
..hope he feels better in the morning .

auntiemern
April 9th, 2013, 04:40 AM
Poor guy. Sending prayers now.

mgreen2427
April 9th, 2013, 04:49 AM
Did they look into the back pain or why he got dizzy which caused the fall? Poor young man hope he's doing better.

Monique
April 9th, 2013, 07:11 AM
I hope he feels better and heals quickly.

Mom23
April 9th, 2013, 10:21 AM
I couldn't look at the picture but assure you my prayers are with him.

Lisapc
April 9th, 2013, 10:21 AM
Did you have him checked for a kidney infection? Poor kid. Poor you!

lilmouse
April 9th, 2013, 10:22 AM
Poor guy, I feel his pain..hope he feels better soon...he sure did split that lip though...OUCH!

Sew Perfect
April 9th, 2013, 10:31 AM
That poor guy! First the pain in his back which could very well be a kidney store. Worse than labor, I might add. Then the fall! Keeping him and you in prayer.

nana margaret
April 9th, 2013, 10:33 AM
Ouch!, your poor son, hope he gets better soon.

Sandy Navas
April 9th, 2013, 11:45 AM
Wow. Sure hope he heals quickly and isn't terribly scarred. He'd need to quickly grow a mustaches otherwise. I'm more concerned, as others, about the back pain and the dizziness . . . sure hope that's taken care of soon.

Tanya D
April 9th, 2013, 11:55 AM
Yes, I'm wondering the same thing...did they figure out what was causing the pain in his back??

His mouth looks painful...I hope he didn't knock any teeth out!

heavnli62
April 9th, 2013, 11:58 AM
So sorry that happened..... I have had bouts of extreme pain.... which has caused me to pass out.... amazing how differently pain can affect people. Hopeing he feels better soon...

bakermom
April 9th, 2013, 12:27 PM
Aw. poor kid!. I hopein all of this they figured out why his back was hurting, too.

middlesis1966
April 9th, 2013, 01:54 PM
Ouch!! I sure hope they find out what the original issue is!

SallyO'Sews
April 9th, 2013, 02:00 PM
Oh, dear! Those mouth injuries just bleed so heavily, don't they? Hope he's on the mend quickly, and that you are able to catch up on some sleep.

Ellimay
April 9th, 2013, 02:10 PM
Poor guy. It must hurt like hell. Hope you also find out what caused his dizziness
and cause him to fall. Prayers he will be ok.

monimoni
April 9th, 2013, 02:57 PM
Oh the young man doing me and the dizziness so sorry I hope they have the cause for pain found

I wish him all the best recovery,

monimoni

WendyI
April 9th, 2013, 04:23 PM
Poor guy!! Yikes! That's gonna hurt tomorrow.

Mchelem
April 9th, 2013, 06:36 PM
He doesn't have a kidney stone. All test came out negative. Dr said the hot bath more than likely caused his blood pressure to drop, which caused the dizziness. His MRI came back clear.