PDA

View Full Version : Monday - Spring has Sprung?

Blondie
April 8th, 2013, 07:35 AM

Monday! Spring weather (here), hub's last day of Spring Break. What a wonderful combination!
Good Morning Folksies,
Yes, it is Monday. Which always follows Sunday's but today feels like a Sunday morning because the big boy is still home and it is 6 a.m. I am just drinking my first cuppa - I always have my coffee ready and waiting but - dang, a fuse blew and neither of us were aware of it until I said to Luscious, I said - if I am going to be up at dark thirty on a day off, I need my coffee. I padded my way in the kitchen and it was all dark. So, here I am a few sips into my first cup, sharing it with y'all.
Saturday was a short day at work. I came home, worked in the yard, went to the store for a few items and then spent the night with DD. Her man is in Denver until tomorrow (hopefully he won't get blizzarded in). He has two teenage boys by his first marriage. One is 18, definitely a piece of work because you know how 18 year olds know everything. Plus a bunch of other annoying traits that always accompany teens. DD called and asked me for some moral advice. I knew she needed a refresher course from her dear old ma on how to talk to yeasty boys. I haven't lost my touch. I thought of calling my hubs because he can clear a room by just walking in. I just wanted to flex my brain once more. You have to think quick to keep up with the mind of kids these days. Actually, I was surprised at how smoothly it went in reducing a big honking know it all boy to a sniveling , whining, snotty nosed two year old that he acts like. The snot left after the law man did. Just to be safe, I stayed the night. Yes, you read correctly. The law was called. Not by me, oh no. I can handle myself pretty good. Snotty boy called his Momma to pick him up and she decided that Saturdays are not complete without drama. His Momma be trailer park trash. I decided the best thing to do was stay the night and enjoy my DD's company. We watched Bridesmaids - by now an oldie but goodie for us - had the three dogs all over us for cuddles and Luscious even surprised us with some pizza.

Yesterday was better because I did get to sleep a bit. Naps are always a nice thing - one was necessary yesterday.

Today? I may get out and work in Sis's yard this morning. Mom has a dr appt this week - this one has been put off twice because of her cough and bronchitis. So for me this will seem like a very very short week.

Hope y'all have a wonderful day full of sunshine to melt away any snow and cares. Many blessings and prayers for each one here and of course, there are always plenty of SMILES to go around.

buckeyequilter
April 8th, 2013, 07:48 AM

I have went from cabin fever to spring fever...taking a vacation day today. Going to be a nice day....70's...maybe a thunderstorm. Wednesday is supposed to be nicer but have to work...have a meeting.

I don't know what I'm going to do the rest of the day....maybe get outside for a bit. I'm sorting out my clothes and getting rid of what I don't want...so I'll work on that for a bit.

Have a wonderful day! Prayers and hugs

Hulamoon
April 8th, 2013, 07:49 AM
It's still Sunday night , well almost 1am here but I love reading your post's early. :)

Since my dd moved out a couple of day's ago I have been a little on the low side. She came by on Sunday to pick up some more things. But she lost her phone at Walmart and I don't know where her new house is. I could call her at work but it is a lawyer's office. I think she would be a little mad if I did. lol

So I'm off to buy a new printer., fish and cat food and just may wonder over to the animal shelter for my puppy search :) That's after I go back to sleep for awhile. lol

MRoy
April 8th, 2013, 07:50 AM
Good morning! I worked in the yard most of Saturday and I'm still sore this morning. I need to get more exercise...a sit-down job will kill you! I got the grass all mowed and trimmed, it sure looks better! It's back to work today. We're having pot luck lunch with meatloaf and the trimmings. It's something to look forward to today.

Wishing everyone a great day!

Monique
April 8th, 2013, 07:51 AM
Good morning Blondie, Shirley, Lorie and Myrna. Y'all snuck in here before me!! I had a quiet day yesterday. I even passed up a shopping trip. I drive all week to work and I just wanted to stay home. I continued working on the tote for my sister-in-law. I have it almost finished. I will finish it today at some point. Dinner was fantastic as I did not have to cook it. My friend made us dinner. I just went and picked it up. I could get used to this. So this is just another work week. Today, I work at another post office, just for the morning and the boss (this is her post office that her daughter is currently working at) told me last week that I need to use her car because she is making me run all over the place. Friday morning I work there again and then have the afternoon off. Friends are taking me out for my birthday. We are going to the racetrack for a fun night. I can't wait. Well I should be getting ready for work.

Have a wonderful day everyone. I think the temps will be in the double digits today.

EmmaB
April 8th, 2013, 08:17 AM
Good morning everyone. I feel like a whiney little kid this morning as I don't want to go to work lol! I spent all weekend outside in working on my yard and the sunshine just felt so good. Yesterday I finally found 2 yellow knockout roses after going to 4 different nurseries. I brought them home and got them in the ground. After planting I made myself stop working and paid my mom a visit for a bit. I'm with MRoy on the more exercise. I too have a sit down job and I'm a little sore this morning. DD has a counseling appointment at 1:00 today so my work day will be short. I neglected housework and laundry over the weekend so I'll need to tackle that when we get home.

My two puggy bears are still sleeping/snoring as I type this. They too had some extra outside time over the weekend and I think they are wore out.

Happy Monday everyone. Hope it's a good one.

buckeyequilter
April 8th, 2013, 08:19 AM
Good morning everyone. I feel like a whiney little kid this morning as I don't want to go to work lol!

LOL...so do I and I called in for a vacation day.

Blondie
April 8th, 2013, 08:23 AM

Yeah, y'all have got it bad - that is what sick/vakay days are for ~ Spring Fever!
Make the most of it.

Evilynn
April 8th, 2013, 08:37 AM
Did I say last week spring has sprung here? Well... the snow is laughing into my face right now! And also the snow demanded more company in form of more snowflakes... geez. It's not snowing as if there was Easter not too long ago but more like Christmas around the corner... are you serious.

My day started just fine. Janna and I got up at around 9 (we slept together in the adults-bed, cuddling, it was lovely) then we played a bit, and now it's already 14.30 pm and she is taking her second nap. I did most of the housework, not sure if I can be bothered for the rest. My hubby called at 13.30 to remind me of my bloodtest. Oops. Well, the bloodtest was at 12.30. I have totally forgotten about it! Crap. No money on my phone either to call either the lab or the department who needed my blood. Well. The bloodtest would have needed to be done today. Now I got an appointment for tomorrow. Oh well.. better late...

On facebook one person I know since I was a child (can't call her a friend really, we never were any close) asked me how I feel with my sickness. She was afraid to write the word "cancer" it seems. I am not quite sure what she meant so I asked. She just said: "I dunno. Are you feeling bad about having cancer?" I don't know anybody who is actually HAPPY to have cancer. Typical case of blahing without knowing what you're saying... After that I logged off facebook again.

So yea, perhaps I will finally take my time now to eat myself. Yes that's right. I haven't eaten yet. Crazy! I just never get hungry... weird!

Have a nice day all 'fya!

MayinJerset
April 8th, 2013, 09:07 AM
Blondie, that little singing boy in this morning's cartoon can make anyone begin their day with a smile.

Can't seem to think of anything to say as I haven't had my cup of wake up coffee yet. I just started a pot as DH had an early doctors appointment this morning, he was fasting for his regular blood workup so he didn't make any. Have a good day gals, May

CountryHut
April 8th, 2013, 09:17 AM
G'morning all you wonderful peeps : )

hubby off to work - getting ready to hit the HUT to get some orders ready for todays shipments - in the meantime - waiting on the daughter *again*~ to come over so she can do her taxes . . if she don't come this morning - she'll have to go to the library -- I've got a semi-busy week . . bulk shopping and fur babies to the groomer -- I take the babies one at a time -- the groomer is on a busy highway - to take 3 fur babies at once - if one got loose and hurt -- I would never forgive myself . . so one at a time it is . .
I tackled a wristlet with a zipper yesterday . . of course with all the phone interruptions *grr*~ - I finally finished it late last evening

little Ms Social Butterfly - really hurt my feelings -- didn't get a hello or hug until I said something - then I didn't get invited to the family breakfast and didn't even get a goodbye when she left to go back to boot camp . . I did get to ask her how many ribbons she has earned and her reply was -- 100 bucks . . . . I vented all this to the hubby - he reminded me - one - to look at the home life she's had and two she's a teenager and three - look who her mentor is . . *the pot growing nudist*~ . . *smacking forehead*~
. . - and I reminded him . . when you support someone with what they do -- and don't even get a Hug or a Hello -- it does tug at your heart strings and make you feel like you've been kicked to the curb . .
oh well, I will get over it :|

on a good note -- my friend that moved to Colorado is moving back to Florida next month - she doesn't sew or do anything crafty -
after she gets settled in - maybe we'll be able to break away for a bit and now then for a lunch time bingo session -

alright, time to get in gear and get things done - so I can play for the rest of my day :)

Have a wonderful day everyone -- thoughts, Hugs, and prayers for all in need and for those not in the need - we'll give them to you anyway to give you a little extra boost for the day :)

Bubby
April 8th, 2013, 09:35 AM
Good Monday Morning,

A new Monday and a new week. We worked in the yard yesterday burning fall leaves. I got enough smoke up my nose to last me the rest of my life and had to quit after about three hours. It was a gorgeous day!

I'm going to sit down after I get off here and make some plans for spring cleaning the house...the garden....and making quilts. We may even take a short weekend trip or two in the near future. We have to keep busy so we don't cry all day...it's going to take time.

We are supposed to get thunderstorms this morning and also the rest of the week.

Wishing everyone a good Monday...Hugs, Barb

kensington
April 8th, 2013, 10:26 AM
Good morning. Headed back to bed for an hour or so... maybe two. Couldn't sleep last night at all. So frustrating. I think the clock said 4:48 when I finally took an IBprofin for aches and pains, I remember hearing dh alarm before falling off in sound sleep. Headed back to bed.... ZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

bakermom
April 8th, 2013, 10:37 AM
Well i think spring might be lurking about. it was 70 here Sunday (only in the 40s yet today) . My daffodils are ready to bloom and I'm seeing some signs of life on the lilac tree. Spent a quiet Sunday, visited with my sister, brother and mom for a bit after church then came home to work on a dress for GD. Also got a purse pattern out i've been wanting to make. I found fabric to make it but will need a zipper and stiff interfacing-don't have quite enough.

CrazyMtnLady
April 8th, 2013, 10:47 AM
Morning. Woke to the sound of rain, which is going to be the sound of the week I believe. It is suppose to rain on and off most of the week with some sever storms possible. The sun is trying to peep through the trees right now, but I am not going to hold my breath that it lasts long.
Have been continuing in my Spring Cleaning Marathon. Still have not found the oomph to tackle the kitchen ceiling..but that day is coming soon. DH is not much help but then he would just get in the way most of the time. I think I am going to tackle my loft today. It is really just a storage area because you can't stand up, up there. I need to see what's been put there and what I can get rid of so I can make more room for other things.

Have a great day
Hugs and prayers to all.

Mpyles
April 8th, 2013, 10:48 AM
Good morning all!! The sun is shining here this morning...looks beautiful!! I am thankfully off today, as I mentioned yesterday!! Yeah me!! My daughter is still home this morning, as it is "senior skip day" at school and they are all headed to "the landing" in Branson...good Lord! Watch out Branson! I don't have a lot planned for the day..gonna get my hair colored. Maybe mosey by the big lots in Springfield to see if they have any of those jelly rolls ya all have found at yours. Then a trip to wally world for a few things. Have a jo Morton little women's club meeting tonight. I love civil war reproduction fabric and her little patterns are so cute...if only I could produce the little stars in this months....

Gonna see when I can rent the statler at the LQS so I can do the tshirt quilt. Other than that I think I am just gonna groove along loving not being at work.

Blondie, I got a kick out if the "lucious can clear a room comment" my DH can too. 6'3" 300+lbs...not a lot of people would argue with him....well except me... :)

Everyone have a great day!

GinnyKNC
April 8th, 2013, 10:50 AM
Good Morning,
The weather was beautiful here over the weekend. I didn't get much sewing done as planned :( I did get the backing done for one quilt. Now to get it sandwiched and quilted. I cleaned Saturday and spent the rest of Saturday and yesterday with Autumn. I took one of her quilts outside and we sat in the sunshine yesterday with a nice little breeze. She really enjoyed it. These next two weeks of waiting is going to be rough. The poor thing is taking more meds than me :(
Forecast for the week is 77 today followed by 81 Tuesday and Wednesday and then 76 on Thursday and 73 on Friday. With a chance of rain all week. Spring has sprung. I have to work all week but I sure hope I can get Autumn out to lay in the sun some more this week.
Blessings to all and hope you all feel the spring weather.
My pretty girl Autumn...

Mpyles
April 8th, 2013, 11:04 AM
Good Morning,
The weather was beautiful here over the weekend. I didn't get much sewing done as planned :( I did get the backing done for one quilt. Now to get it sandwiched and quilted. I cleaned Saturday and spent the rest of Saturday and yesterday with Autumn. I took one of her quilts outside and we sat in the sunshine yesterday with a nice little breeze. She really enjoyed it. These next two weeks of waiting is going to be rough. The poor thing is taking more meds than me :(
Forecast for the week is 77 today followed by 81 Tuesday and Wednesday and then 76 on Thursday and 73 on Friday. With a chance of rain all week. Spring has sprung. I have to work all week but I sure hope I can get Autumn out to lay in the sun some more this week.
Blessings to all and hope you all feel the spring weather.
My pretty girl Autumn...

She is beautiful!

EmmaB
April 8th, 2013, 11:24 AM
Autumn is so pretty. Hope she enjoys the sunshine.

Sandy Navas
April 8th, 2013, 11:31 AM
It's still Sunday night , well almost 1am here but I love reading your post's early. :)

Since my dd moved out a couple of day's ago I have been a little on the low side. She came by on Sunday to pick up some more things. But she lost her phone at Walmart and I don't know where her new house is. I could call her at work but it is a lawyer's office. I think she would be a little mad if I did. lol

So I'm off to buy a new printer., fish and cat food and just may wonder over to the animal shelter for my puppy search :) That's after I go back to sleep for awhile. lol

I lost my phone at Walmart one time - found it three or four days later in a sack from there that I hadn't unpacked . . .

I wish I could help you on your puppy search.

WendyI
April 8th, 2013, 12:08 PM
Morning all...well almost noon now.

Blondie...you're morning posts are always so interesting and sweet. Love that wee pic.
Lorie, sending hugs your way....hope your DD finds her phone 44760
Myrna - the potluck sounds yummy! Enjoy!
Monique - have fun at the racetrack! I've never been so you'll have to tell us all about it.
Emma - I love snoring pugs! They're so cute!
Shirley - I wish I'd called in vacation day too! I am SOOO not a Monday person! LOL!
Steffie - you make sure you eat! Don't you make me come on over there and force feed you! ;)
May - enjoy your coffee!
Diane - I'm sorry your feelings were hurt..sometimes people just take you for granted even when they don't mean to.
Barb - hugs again to both of you...the next wee while will be hard. A weekend away is just the thing you need!
Kensington - Insomnia STINKS! I have it occasionally also so I feel your pain!
Bakermom - have fun with the purse! Post pics!
Donna - when yer all done your spring cleaning your welcome to c'mon over and do mine! LOL!
Mary - enjoy your day off! Sounds lovely!!
Ginny - so sorry Autumn is not unwell...pills are not fun. Poor girl. She's lovely!!
Sandy - hope your having an awesome day too!

WendyI
April 8th, 2013, 12:10 PM
OH...and me...well I'm at work...bored again....waiting on others so that I have more to do. My office is freezing so I'm having tea and sitting by a heater....the joys of working in the oldest building on campus.

So my day is going to be spent trying to figure out how much fabric I need for my sons minecraft quilt and how big exactly do I want to make it! You should SEE the grey hair flying out of my head!

have a FANTABULOUS day everyone!

SallyO'Sews
April 8th, 2013, 12:17 PM

I shall not covet, I shall not covet, I shall not covet... :0

Hope you enjoy your day off! For Christmas, our DIL bought my DH and DS#4 tickets to Opening Day at Fenway Park, so they are both playing hooky! So glad for them, but I think it's going to be a good deal colder in Boston than my DS realizes. He's so excited, however, that he won't even notice. At least it's not snowing!! :)

toggpine
April 8th, 2013, 12:18 PM
Good Morning!
I'm just running through. Today is "Work in Port Orchard" day. Tomorrow is "Go to the Zoo with the First-graders" day. I think Wednesday is "Work @ Mom's" day. I am hoping that Thursday can be "Stay @ home, run the vacuum, do the laundry, and squeeze in a nap" day.
Sewing is just wishful thinking at the moment. I am thinking about quilt blocks and wishing I was working on them, but the job will pay for more fabric.
You all have a great day!
Cathy

Lisapc
April 8th, 2013, 12:31 PM
I have a sick son home which I am enjoying. I have a laptop that is having a temper tantrum so I have no access to my work and important personal email. I may not be too helpful with the spam today because I hate using my tablet for the forum, sorry. Steffie: my MIL told my hubby when she noticed he had no hair on his arms or anywhere from chemo that she wished she had that problem but he could keep the cancer. His own mother! You were smart to get off Facebook rather than give a verbal lashing like the one I gave MIL. I hope you all have a great day.

kensington
April 8th, 2013, 04:18 PM
Morning. Woke to the sound of rain, which is going to be the sound of the week I believe. It is suppose to rain on and off most of the week with some sever storms possible. The sun is trying to peep through the trees right now, but I am not going to hold my breath that it lasts long.
Have been continuing in my Spring Cleaning Marathon. Still have not found the oomph to tackle the kitchen ceiling..but that day is coming soon. DH is not much help but then he would just get in the way most of the time. I think I am going to tackle my loft today. It is really just a storage area because you can't stand up, up there. I need to see what's been put there and what I can get rid of so I can make more room for other things.

Have a great day
Hugs and prayers to all.

Hey... I went to bed to the sounds of pouring rain with thunder and lightening! Yep... off and on all week too! Storms and possible TORNADOS tomorrow! I hate tornados. Glad I have a tornado room! Moving my pictures and scrapbook albums down there this evening for safe keeping over the next month while Tornado season passes. Be safe. God Bless.

janluna
April 8th, 2013, 06:15 PM
Good Afternoon everyone! I just sat down. I'm beat. I went grocery shopping, a task that I don't mind doing, until I get home. I have to carry all those bags up 14 steps just to get to the porch! And of course, I needed everything! I have a weight limit of 20 pounds, because of my 3 back surgeries. By the time I got all the bags up on the porch, parked my Durango, and dragged myself up the stairs, I had to carry it all inside and put it all away. I'm thinking maybe we should go on a starvation diet. We need to lose weight anyway. LOL After all the putting away of things, I cleaned bird cages. I'm a glutton for punishment! Joe said, "Why didn't you wait until tomorrow?" "Because, I have to do laundry TOMORROW!" So I put dinner in the oven and I'm laying in my bed, writing this on my lap top and watching CNN. I was so sad to hear Annette Funicello passed away, and Margaret Thatcher passed too. So sad.
Well, I hope everyone has a great evening! After dinner, I'll be right back in my new bed, watching tv and surfing the net! LOL Love, Hugs, and Prayers to all, Jan L.

Evilynn
April 8th, 2013, 06:22 PM
I have a sick son home which I am enjoying. I have a laptop that is having a temper tantrum so I have no access to my work and important personal email. I may not be too helpful with the spam today because I hate using my tablet for the forum, sorry. Steffie: my MIL told my hubby when she noticed he had no hair on his arms or anywhere from chemo that she wished she had that problem but he could keep the cancer. His own mother! You were smart to get off Facebook rather than give a verbal lashing like the one I gave MIL. I hope you all have a great day.

Oh god. That's just awful. Another case of bubbling without thinking it seems. Or perhaps she thought it's funny...? Sometimes people say things intended to be funny when it's really really not. Or some just lack empathy. I don't know!

Are you enjoying pampering your son? I hope he is not too sick! I hope you can pamper him some more but also I hope he is going to be back on track soon!

quiltingtrish
April 9th, 2013, 12:17 AM
That's what I look like when I sing in the car!

Steffie - I think people want to know you are doing better but truly don't know how to ask and then when they do it all comes out wrong. I don't think she intended to be that way. I still have my prayers coming for you Sweetie.

Tomorrow is a big day for us. Basically, DH is kicking out DD and her friend along with the friends dog and cat. Gave them 2 days. They have a place to go - with a friend about an hour away. There are lots of places there to find a job, so that's good. They are glad to be getting out of this little town where there really is nothing for them but crappy friends and no jobs. As bad as I felt today before I knew where they were going - I did break down a few times - I feel better now. I am taking off work tomorrow to help them move things out and get them on their way. I honestly think this is the best for them and they are not leaving in anger. They can see the positive side of all this too. When I get my car back from DS that was in the accident 3 weeks ago, I'll even be able to go visit them.

Beautiful sunshinny days outside here in PA. It's so nice to sit outside with my coffee and soak in the sunshine. Hope that whoever still has snow on the ground that it will melt and you can enjoy the warmer temperatures too. a

Hugs,

Sandy Navas
April 9th, 2013, 12:58 AM
Raising homegrown tomatoes, radishes, zucchini and green onions are a whole lot easier than trying to raise kids. And they all take the right mixture of manure. Experience here. Wish I knew how to balance the good with the bad.

quiltingtrish
April 9th, 2013, 08:46 AM
That is funny Sandy, but so true! I had to read it twice to get it. I will remember that though - thank you sweetie.

Hugs,