PDA

View Full Version : Wish I could buy those comic book boards here!

Lisapc
April 8th, 2013, 01:24 AM
I would love to be able to buy comic book boards right here on this site. They are used for storing fabric so I think it would be a great addition to your store. I am probably not the only one that would like it if you did. Also, are you going to carry the Moda Honeycombs?

Sew Perfect
April 8th, 2013, 02:32 AM
Lisa.Do you have those comic book boards?

Madeforyouinma11
April 8th, 2013, 02:59 AM
It would be nice if they sold them, but they would have to sell them for the same price that we can get them everywhere else. Maybe they can't do that and still make it worth it, and that might be why they don't. I love them...I got mine for Christmas and I have been slowly putting my fabric on them. So much nicer and much easier to keep fabrics organized.

shannonsaulter
April 8th, 2013, 03:24 AM
That would be great!

Jean Sewing Machine
April 8th, 2013, 04:03 AM
I thought I saw the honeycombs listed in the quilt shop part of the website. Not many, but a few.

Renate
April 8th, 2013, 07:01 AM
What are comic book boards? Please help me to understand, maybe it could be a solution for my stock, which I organize again and again, not finding a real good solution

Iris Girl
April 8th, 2013, 07:11 AM
that would be awesome if they could get the same pricing and still make money.

Hulamoon
April 8th, 2013, 08:07 AM
What are comic book boards? Please help me to understand, maybe it could be a solution for my stock, which I organize again and again, not finding a real good solutionRenate...http://www.amazon.com/BCW-Backing-Boards-Silver-100/dp/B0034U9I24/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1365418991&sr=8-5&keywords=comic+book+boards
http://cuttopieces.blogspot.com/2011/02/fabric-folding-tutorial.html

I found a cheaper place than Amazon. I just can't recall where though. Darn

You could just get some poster board and cut it down. But the comic boards are acid free and won't harm fabric.

Bneighbor
April 8th, 2013, 09:15 AM
I went to the Dollar Store and purchased acid free postor board (almost feels like plastic) I was able to cut mine with an exacto knife and got 6 from each sheet. Each sheet was $1.00. Still cheaper for comic boards on amazon, but I wanted to start right now and not wait.

Renate
April 8th, 2013, 10:13 AM
Thanks Lorie,

I have so many of these comic book boards here in my office, but I never thought about putting in my fabric. what a great idea. With this I can put them into a:

Perfect hint dear Lisa, thanks a lot

Lisapc
April 9th, 2013, 11:57 PM
Lisa.Do you have those comic book boards?

Not yet. Hubby was supposed to order them and I have to check to see if he did. He better have. I looked at the dollar store for acid free poster board and they didn't have any. I would be willing to use that as well. I need to get my fabric in order.

auntiemern
April 12th, 2013, 02:01 AM
Why don't you just order them yourself and then you would know that they had been ordered.
Not yet. Hubby was supposed to order them and I have to check to see if he did. He better have. I looked at the dollar store for acid free poster board and they didn't have any. I would be willing to use that as well. I need to get my fabric in order.

K. McEuen
April 12th, 2013, 03:20 AM
If you have a comic book store or a sports card collecting store you can buy them locally as well. Several members have gotten better prices that way.

Lisapc
April 12th, 2013, 09:56 AM
Why don't you just order them yourself and then you would know that they had been ordered.

Why? Because I want no part of the Amazon account. He has had that account for years. I put things on the wishlist and he orders them. If I could remember to stop when I am out I would just pick them up myself or if I wanted to order them online I would.

If M* carried them it would only benefit them and their customers so I thought I would throw it out there.

Jewel
April 12th, 2013, 11:40 AM
Lisa, do you have a Hastings, books, music & video store close by? That's where I bought mine.

Jewel

GinnyKNC
April 12th, 2013, 11:57 AM
We have a lot of card/comic book stores here and they sell them as well. They are cheaper online in bulk though.

Hulamoon
April 12th, 2013, 12:07 PM
Lisa I was going to post a great site where I bought mine. Way cheaper than Amazon. But it looks like they went out of business.Darn it!