PDA

View Full Version : Busy Saturday

Blondie
January 22nd, 2011, 01:46 PM
http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh165/yvonneeleveld/anima%204/animatenot_perfect_but_unique_glitter_text.gif

Hi Ladies
(the above is my personal motto, lol)
I am popping in to say Hi and Bye - be back later on. Had a quick fly by this morning before work and I am home for a few moments. Can you tell that I have no life other than visiting with y'all? Will be back in a bit and share the news and get caught up.

toggpine
January 22nd, 2011, 02:30 PM
Blondie, you say that like it is a bad thing! We are glad to be here for you!
I think that it is great that no matter what time of day, or night, we feel like we can stop in for a visit and feel welcome and comfort. As much as I'd like to think that would be the case with my other friends, they would probably give me the hairy eyeball if I went knocking on their door at 3AM! Everybody is so supportive and helpful here, how can you not want to visit?
My cold is winding down, thankfully! (Thanks for all of the prayers on that, they never move through this fast!) I am almost done drafting the training presentation. (I have this thing about putting something out that isn't as perfect as I can get it.) I have a lunch date with some friends today, and hopefully I can get to the sewing machine this evening! Whoo Hoo! The day is looking up!
I hope that you all have days that are as fine as frog hair!
Cathy

Dang I'm chipper this morning. It's almost enough to make you queasy. It must be all of the oxygen that is getting to my brain now that the snot locker is empty.

debinmalaga
January 22nd, 2011, 02:33 PM
Dang I'm chipper this morning. It's almost enough to make you queasy. It must be all of the oxygen that is getting to my brain now that the snot locker is empty.

ROFL, you have such a way with words!!

patticakes
January 22nd, 2011, 02:45 PM
Hi all who visit today!
Blondie - I am proud to be counted amongst your invisible friends. Love your posts, always interesting and fun!
Cathy - Glad your snot locker loosened up for you! I am also chipper today but it has more to do with a gallon of coffee!
Deb- Big Ol' HELLO to you!

JUst checking in as I procrastinate on all I have to do today! Got chicken veggie soup simmering on the stove and at about 2 degrees out, it is gonna taste good for lunch. I have to head out to find some Valentine and St. Patty's fabric to use for some displays at work. Hate to go out but must do it today.
Sewing when I come home hopefully! We are cooking prime rib later this evening...yum!
Tomorrow afternoon it's off to friend's house to cheer the Bears to victory over Blondie's hubby's Packers!

Hope you all have a fun filled weekend. I am so jealous of those of you who live in the warm weather states!

quiltingtrish
January 22nd, 2011, 02:48 PM
Happy sunny Saturday everyone!
Glad to hear the snot locker is empty! Too funny!
I just knew you'd pop in sooner or later Blondie. This place starts my day off, did you know that?
No life? You have one like mine where other people count on you to be there and show your cherry face - so you definately have a life and a great one. And we all love ya too!

Got a letter from Odie today. He sounds better and is looking forward to going to Oklahoma for his school part where he says there are 2 man rooms instead of 100 in the entire bay. That's a little much for good sleeping. He has a 9 mile hike coming up this week or maybe he's done with that - not sure - so I'm still keeping him in prayers for warmth and a quick hike. We're hoping that if he is back on the regular base from the field that he'll be able to call tomorrow sometime. I do love hearing his voice on my voicemail where he says I LOVE YOU MOM.

Gotta get moving and get that binding finished today. I'm hoping to deliver the quilt tomorrow if I can get it washed up tonight!

Also, seems they are calling for a foot of snow with blizzard conditions here in PA on Wednesday. Not looking forward to that and the shoveling, but if that's what the good Lord wants to send us, then I guess I just have to take it. I don't think I can get to Florida before Wednesday - it would take longer than 4 days to pack all my quilting stuff up!

Have a great weekend and I'll check back later tonight. Who knows, I might even get DH to download some photos.
Hugs,

sewsoft
January 22nd, 2011, 03:45 PM
Hi Ladies, Last night my girls and I went with a friend to go see Yogi Bear. It is a really cute movie we all loved it . I kinda feel like Yogi when he felt that everything he does has a negative effect, and He can never do anything right. :icon_tape: If that makes any since... Thanks for letting me vent ladies.

bakermom
January 22nd, 2011, 04:29 PM
Planned on doing some sewing today, however that changed. Got a call from DIL- their heat is out. It's minus 2 here. she's packing up the baby and headed for her folks. can we take the dog so it doesn't freeze til DS gets home from work. So off we go. help her get baby and baby stuff loaded, load up the dog and here we are. Doggy free for all at our house. our lab and their beagle are tearing around here like crazy. whe they're not chasing they stick to me like glue. Won't have a minute alone till DS collects her.

Blondie
January 22nd, 2011, 04:47 PM
http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn228/addictive_acceptance/im-back.jpghttp://i833.photobucket.com/albums/zz260/raezell2/IM_BACK.jpg

Okay, now I can sit for a few minutes. Feeling a wee bit like Jackie-boy right now. Nothing a fresh brewed cuppa kava won't take care of. Hubs is making some right now. Yum. Saturday morning was light at work, but then the real running is always afterwards. Grocery store with total immoral prices, pharmacy for Mom - still need to go to the immoral gas station to fuel up, need to do that in a wee bit.
Now for the exciting news . . . I HAVE A DESIGN WALL!!!!! Yay, yay, YAY for me! One of the folks in the mall I work at was moving his office and I was offered one of his home made privacy partitions. Of course I never turn down something free - it is a homemade heavy as heckfire shoot thing. Had to pay one of the maintenance folks to help Luscious load it up and follow him home to get in the basement. Now it needs the flannel. Oh joy. I may have to kiss my hubby's big fat toe for all that strain on his and Joe's back but for the money I paid Joe, I couldn't have made one. It is very stout. And Luscious informed me it is staying where it is at. He ain't a moving it again. I want to shout YAY again, so I will YAY!!!!!
All that happiness spilled over at the grocery store where I ran into every soul I knew. Everyone is buying out the store because we have been told that we will be getting snow 3 to 4 days this next week. Lawdy! I may have to hold off kissing that big toe if'n my man is going to be hanging around for another week. I will never allow him to retire. He will have to find a hobby besides calling my name every few minutes.

Trish, I could feel happy tears behind my eyes reading your post. Whenver my oldest calls me and I just hear his voice say "Hey Mom" I melt. I don't think I ever got over him growing up and leaving me. And the other two rascals live in the area and at times feel like a growth on my butt, what's up with that? I promise I have no favorites. I reckon absence does make the heart grow fonder.

Patti, I am gearing up for the game tomorrow at 3 pm. Oh, I am sure that there will be much anguish and inner turmoil until the final second.

Cathy, glad that the snot factory is shutting down. What a bummer that has been. For future reference, I am certain you are aware of Zicam. When hubs came down with his first back to school cold, I told him to take it. He never listens. That was on Tuesday. He stuck with extra C and OJ. On Thursday, I felt my first tickle and started in on the zicam. He wound up going to the Dr getting anti=b's and I was over mine in 4 days. It was a rough 4 days but at least it didn't take two doses of anti-b's to get rid of. Glad it didn't drop into your chest like it did my hubs.

Sewsoft - big hugs. Sorry you are feeling rather bearish. I identify more with Wiley Coyote. Something always falls on me and it is always a surprise. ((((((((Hugs)))))))

Okay, chickies, I am smelling some good coffee and need to think about what to eat. Why is it we can spend enormous amounts of money at the grocery store only to come home and say, there's nothing to eat?!?!?! One of life's mysteries.

Later, girlfriends.

Sandy Navas
January 22nd, 2011, 04:56 PM

Cathy, Sorry, but you OWE me a great BIG apology!!!! I just wet all over myself reading that.:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Sandy Navas
January 22nd, 2011, 05:00 PM
Hi Ladies, Last night my girls and I went with a friend to go see Yogi Bear. It is a really cute movie we all loved it . I kinda feel like Yogi when he felt that everything he does has a negative effect, and He can never do anything right. :icon_tape: If that makes any since... Thanks for letting me vent ladies.

You sure don't act like Yogi - you don't even look like him. I'm sorry you are feeling like him though - hope your day picks up and your spirits do, too!! Vent here all you want . . . like one of my friends told me recently, if we get tired of it we'll just box your ears and send you home!!

:icon_razz:

sewmuchjan
January 22nd, 2011, 05:00 PM
Hello to all,
Well here I am again and haven't done much but hang around here. I have a cold and feel like heck. I just want to go back to bed!! But I can't do that because I am washing the bedding!!! I need to be sewing on my table runner or one of many other projects I could sew but...... I also need to clean my house!!! Maybe to night when I go to bed in my nice clean bed I will put a dollar under my pillow and ask the good housekeeping fairy for some help and I will wake up and my house will be sparkly clean!!!:lol:
Oh well what's a body too do??? :icon_neutral:
I wish you all a safe and warm and happy weekend. As the "Duke" would say we're burnin day light!!!! ;)

God Bless and keep you and yours,
Love Jan G :icon_wave:

janluna
January 22nd, 2011, 05:03 PM
Hello everyone, everybody sounds so chipper must be the cold weather! lol I'm staying in today. Yesterday I was out in that mess and it was 3 degrees. Then the wind started and the wind chill dipped to -10. I did good yesterday got all my 10" blocks cut for the swap. And I got more blades cut, and went shopping for a new ironing board. Of course Joann's was right there so I had to check things out. I got a 12"x12" rotating cutting pad for 70% off! That was my prize for the day! The thing usually goes for $50.00. Go Me! LOL
I did and have been doing more and more since they changed my meds. Boy that feels good. If I had gone to one store it would have been over for the day. Yesterday I went to my friend Dawn's house and she gave me a lesson on cutting which I desperately needed. Then she directed me to cut the 10" blocks. I did 28 blocks in 20 minutes!! Amazing! For me anyway. Then I went to Big Lots and got an Ironing board,To Joann's, got the cutting mat, then pumped gas for my truck, went home and cut more Dresden blades. Then my back gave out and I had to lay down. Oh yay, I played with the dogs and my parrot Tara. Then I laid down. After dinner I did the dishes, set up the coffee, and took a nap. I was exhausted. *smile* Joe said "wow honey no wonder you are so tired, you look exhausted but you did so much!" I even amazed him. Today, I'm moving slow but I'm moving. I'm cutting blades but I had to take a break so I logged on here.
Thanks for all the prayers. I really appreciate them and they are working. Love you all, Jan :icon_woohoo:

janluna
January 22nd, 2011, 05:28 PM
Jan there's a Housekeeping Fairy!?! And it only takes a dollar!?! I gotta try that! lol Hugs, Jan L

janluna
January 22nd, 2011, 05:34 PM
I hope you feel better soon. Will say prayers for you for a quick healing. Hugs, Jan L

Lola2Ace
January 22nd, 2011, 06:10 PM
Sewsoft, I feel exactly the same way most of the time. Seems like everything I do is wrong.
We are all here for each other so just vent away when you need to.
Blondie, what a treasure you have, your new design wall and Luscious too. Love the pic of Jack, The Shining was one of my fav books to read as a teen...much better than the movie!
JanG, sorry you are feeling so yucky and I hope that housekeeping fairy does a great job and takes the crummy cold away with her.
Janluna, what a bargain on the rotating cutting mat. I am thinking that would be awesome for using with the dresden tool and the tumbler template. I am like Jenny and would have to cut and turn the template and fabric. Will have to check out JoAnn's for it next week. So glad to hear you are doing so much better and getting to do what you want to, that is awesome!
Cathy! :icon_heh: snotlocker! toooo funny, but glad you are feeling better!
Trish, so happy you heard from Odie! and I am cheering you on with that binding! GO GO GO
Bakermom, hope DS heat is quickly and easily fixed, yowza it's too cold for something like that to happen!
I finished up the tablerunner and posted a pic in show and tell. Love it! Thank You Jenny for the tutorial. I am still hoping for a youtube tutorial, but I managed to get by with the one in the blog.
Lola

sewsoft
January 22nd, 2011, 06:44 PM
Thank you everyone. This quilt swap sure has taken my mind off things for a bit. But now that mine are done.... Hmmm what now??

toggpine
January 22nd, 2011, 09:12 PM
Sandy, Sorry about the wetting yourself thing. Well, almost.

Jan, Glad to hear that your pain is being managed so that you are able to do the things you want to do. I imagine that is so liberating! Just remember to pace yourself a bit. I hope you use your rotating mat more than I use mine. It sounded like a great idea, and I got mine as a gift, but I really haven't used it like I should. Glad you got it at such a great price. I love a bargain!

JanG, I sooo feel your pain. The hankie is still within easy reach here, but I am feeling so much better today. I too want a nap, but the family isn't going to allow that to happen.

Sewsoft, vent all you want. We won't mind. It's not like you are angry with us. I think we have all had times when everything we touch or do goes to crap. You are always welcome here, well, as long as you don't crash the server or something.Then we couldn't all get together and that might be bad. You can always blame somebody else for that though and we'd never know! So see, you are still good.

Gotta go out and feed before it gets dark. I need to check the water tanks, and that is much easier to do in the daylight.

Have a good rest of the day!
Cathy

I'll leave the housekeeping fairy a fiver if she'll stop here first!

Onetiredmomma
January 22nd, 2011, 10:15 PM
I'm about to hit some Nyquil and go to bed. I'm coming down with something again. With the kids in daycare while I'm at work we're constantly getting sick. C'est la vie:) We took a trip to KY to visit my brother's family in Louisville and just got home Wednesday, so I've been playing catch up and have been MIA lately. Now I'm doing catch up here:) My sister-in-law's sister had a baby on Tuesday and I gave her my very first baby quilt. I hope I get a picture of her snuggling in it. Baby Julie is healthy and very happy to be home with her mommy now.
Sweet dreams everyone! Night!