• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sandy Navas
    Missouri Star
    • Dec 2010

Patsy Cline has a friend

Lucked out on another ebay package. Won a CENTENNIAL Featherweight at a BRILLIANT price from a fantastic seller. The unit arrived in LESS THAN THREE DAYS. So, yesterday I spent about 3 hours cleaning, servicing, oiling, and testing my new baby Featherweight. And she is perfect . . . oh, she does have some minor flaws . . . but she SINGS. So, I've named her KATE SMITH.

Kate needs a new wiring harness, but there's one in the mail as we speak. She has some wearing on her finish, but it is very becoming and does not effect her charm. Her stitches are neigh-on perfect and she hums as she works - so she's happy, I'm certain.

I must say that Kate probably lead a rough life. She arrived in a case that had been forced open at one time or another and her locks are damaged - but I had an empty case just waiting for her and her former home CAN be repaired . . . BUT she lived with a smoker . . . as an EX smoker it is easy to recognize the effects of smoking on such precious commodities. Numerous layers of built-up smoke and stains were removed and she's happy to have had a cleansing bath.

She and Patsy will have a great time together, I am certain. BTW the Centennial model was released in 1951 and her little gold seal shows "1851 - 1951". I'm so proud to have her as a member of the family.
    Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
    it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."
  • Dragonfly
    The Guild President
    • Aug 2010

Re: Patsy Cline has a friend

That sounds lovely Sandy, I'm glad they have found a nice home with you.

A few years back I inherited from DMIL a sewing machine that had been her mothers...it is old, but sadly I know nothing about it, only that it is too beautiful to not keep. I will try to take a photo and post it, maybe someone will be able to tell me what I have.
    Lynn

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....it's about learning to dance in the rain" Anonymous.

Comment

• debinmalaga
      Missouri Star
      • Oct 2009

Congrats on your new baby, Sandy!
      There's still time to change the road you're on - Led Zeppelin, "Stairway to Heaven"

Comment

• SuzyQue
        Missouri Star
        • Jan 2010

Congratulations on the arrival of Kate Smith! Now little Patsy won't be lonely (fat chance with all your machines!). I guess I need to check out these featherweights and see what all the fuss is about! And to think I love my new machine! Imagine that! Do I speak heresy? SuzyQue

Comment

• sewsoft
          Designer Diva
          • Oct 2010

Congrats Sandy, Where do you put all of these lovely babies?

Comment

• Blondie
            Missouri Star
            • May 2010

What a marvelous duet you have put together, Miz Sandy. Love their names - Kate is one of my favorite singers only by virtue that my favorite uncle loves her. And Patsy - well, who doesn't love her. Hope both machines endure as long as these lovely namesakes.
            Happy Humming!
            Sewing mends the soul.
            sigpic

Do the math; count your blessings
            Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
            ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Comment

• Sandy Navas
              Missouri Star
              • Dec 2010

Originally posted by sewsoft View Post
              Congrats Sandy, Where do you put all of these lovely babies?
              I guess you were bound to find out sooner or later that I am a pack rat . . . my relatively new sewing room is 25x25 foot and I have everything 'crammed' in there. Pictures are here - I think there are some missing but I won't bore you.

Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
              it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

Working...
              X