PDA

View Full Version : My RA is showing it's ugly head

Stetler
April 6th, 2013, 09:14 PM
I have several medical disabilities and have most under control, and my RA ( rheumatoid arthritis) was doing fairly well. I had to go off all my RA drugs, as I was allergic to some and some others made me sick all the time. I'd catch upper respiratory infections and bronchitis so often the Dr's were running out of antibiotic's that worked on me.
So, I have been off all three RA meds for awhile, and since I had eye surgery last month I had to stay off the last one I had been taking. I thought that maybe I could get away without any of these drugs which have some dangerous side affects. But alas my joints have begun showing their RA ugly head again. This will interfere with my quilting and sewing projects, and that makes me frustrated. But it says in the Bible that in my weakness He is stronger. I guess I'll be asking for His grace to get through this,and to see more of His strength. I'd appreciate some kind thoughts and or prayer.
I really like this forum and you all are such kind souls.
Thanks,
Sarah

shannonsaulter
April 6th, 2013, 09:21 PM
prayers for you and an odd suggestion my hubby has bad hands hurt all the time we read that wd40 is safe to rub on hands and joints since the main indredient is fish oil...a pretty interesting article..he tried it and was shocked it worked better than the prescribed rubs the DR gave him

Bubby
April 6th, 2013, 09:31 PM
Hi Sarah,

I'm so sorry your RA is acting up again. I can promise you that when we are weak He is strong. I just got a lesson on that this week losing Molly. Stand in faith....I will be praying for you daily. Hugs, Barb

EsGrandma
April 6th, 2013, 09:39 PM
Praying with you - kind of wondering what the WD40 does - sounds interesting!

Jean Sewing Machine
April 6th, 2013, 09:39 PM
Wow, you have had your challenges lately. Hope you can get everything back in balance and you are feeling better soon.

lilmouse
April 6th, 2013, 10:06 PM
Keeping you in hugs (gently) and prayers!

EmmaB
April 6th, 2013, 10:26 PM
I'm so sorry you are having such a time. I hope you can find something to help so you can get back to your projects.

Sandy Navas
April 6th, 2013, 11:13 PM
Sarah, I'm sending prayers (and some empathy - although I'm not RA). It is so frustrating when anything keeps us from our stitching passion!!

Lisapc
April 7th, 2013, 12:12 AM
I really hope you feel better soon.

WendyI
April 7th, 2013, 02:36 AM
I'm so sorry that you are experiencing this. I have arthritis in my knees and a bit in my hips...it stinks and hurts and I'm sure is nothing compared to what you have been experiencing. I don't pray but I sure hope you find something that can help ease your discomfort. I know I'd die without my Jacuzzi...some days it's the only relief I get. Water helps a lot. I sure hope you can find something to ease it.

auntiemern
April 7th, 2013, 03:10 AM
That just stinks. I don't know what kind of meds you were taking, but they need to figure out a combo that works for you, with out all the side effects. I have suffered with RA, SLE (systemic lupus) and fibro for years. Also have the lung issues. I am currently taking a combo of drugs that work quite effectively for me, to keep the RA at bay. Feel free to PM if you want to share info. What works for one doesn't always works for someone else. Prayers that you get to feeling better, and that your flare is short lived.

Sew Perfect
April 7th, 2013, 03:33 AM
Sarah, I am so sorry to hear of the troubles you are having with RA. I pray this will get under control so you may feel somewhat normal again. Try and take this time to rest if you must. You are in our thoughts and or prayers.

nana margaret
April 7th, 2013, 05:47 AM
You have my sympathies Sarah, I have osteoarthritis in several joints and it's so miserable when you have a bad flare up. I hope you find some ease soon, take care.

ilive2craft2
April 7th, 2013, 10:59 AM
Have added you to my prayer list. Hope this flare goes away quickly and the find meds that work for you! My dad had RA and I have seen how painful it can be and then the relief when they find a med that works. Hugs, Lisa

Stetler
April 8th, 2013, 01:03 AM
Thanks so much. I felt terrible this morning and then at noon I felt better,it is so weird. I was happy to finish a couple projects I was working on today.

bhaggerty
April 8th, 2013, 01:11 AM
Prayers for you! RA is a bugger! I have it too :(

SallyO'Sews
April 8th, 2013, 12:58 PM
Oh, Sarah, thank you for reminding all of us about the power of grace and of prayer! I will certainly be praying for you and all my quilty friends who suffer from chronic pain, whatever the cause.
Blessings,
~ Sally \0/