PDA

View Full Version : Something Positive!

kensington
April 6th, 2013, 01:06 AM
Well, it seems like I have been in a slump the past week for sure. So much to deal with. But, today I pulled out my son's Wedding gift quilt and put the outer borders on it. Will ship it off to the quilter the first of the week. I also got my bed coverlette I made shipped off. Hopefully, they will both be back by the end of the month when my son and his new wife are planning to come here.

I'm so glad to have something positive to talk about! I'm thankful. Very thankful. My brother is doing much better, he went to the dr today and they said everything is healing fine. Praise God for that victory.

The weather here has been nice, so I think that helped to push me to get something done. I'll post pics of my two quilts when they come back from my quilter.

Thank you everyone for the messages, posts and all the encouragement. I cried the other night when I saw them all. Knowing you are not alone when you pass through hard times, means a LOT. Quilters are the best! :icon_wave:

shannonsaulter
April 6th, 2013, 01:24 AM
GLad things are looking up know that we are here to encourage,pray and tease ya whenever ya need it!

Lisapc
April 6th, 2013, 01:33 AM
I am so glad to hear this. I have been thinking about you and your family and won't stop praying for you. I hope your brother continues to heal well and that the person who hurt him is punished to the full extent of the law.

I can't wait to see your quilts!

Sew Perfect
April 6th, 2013, 02:07 AM
We are so glad to hear from you and are able to read that things are getting better! I cannot wait to see your quilts when they come back from the LAQ. You are still in my thoughts.

MayinJerset
April 6th, 2013, 02:10 AM
It has been a really bad week for you but with your brother healing nicely and a upcoming visit from your son and his wife things are looking up. Finishing that quilt is a good way to feel better also. Hugs, May

Renate
April 6th, 2013, 03:59 AM
I really missed you Kensington and the best is that everything goes to the right direction.

bkthomas
April 6th, 2013, 04:13 AM
Good to hear!

Wwena
April 6th, 2013, 04:30 AM
Really nice to hear! :)

SuzyQue
April 6th, 2013, 05:34 AM
Good to see you back on here! Good to hear positive news and things are looking better for you. Getting back to the sewing machine will help, too!

Iris Girl
April 6th, 2013, 05:38 AM
nice to hear he is mending and your getting back to things.

Evilynn
April 6th, 2013, 05:44 AM
It's good to know that your brother is getting better and better every day! I hope you can enjoy the visit of your son and your new DIL knowing that everything will be alright :) Hugs, Steffie

Mpyles
April 6th, 2013, 06:42 AM
I am so happy to hear things are getting better for your brother! It will be a slow process I am sure. Even happier to see that you are back to your quilts and the forum!! Can't wait to see them!

Monique
April 6th, 2013, 08:25 AM
It is good to hear that he is healing.

lilmouse
April 6th, 2013, 12:43 PM
Glad to hear from you...you were missed....glad your brother is healing....what a trauma to have to go through...continuing prayers and thinking of you...((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))

Cathy F
April 6th, 2013, 12:52 PM
We've missed seeing you and are glad to hear things area much better for you and your brother. Looking forward to seeing your quilts!

Ellimay
April 6th, 2013, 01:14 PM
We are always with you Kensington. Hugs and Prayers to you. :icon_hug:

Divine Daisy
April 6th, 2013, 01:52 PM
Glad you and your smile are back :)

MRoy
April 6th, 2013, 01:54 PM
I'm glad things are going well and you're feeling better!

Tanya D
April 7th, 2013, 02:45 AM
I'm really glad your brother is recuperating. Also nice to hear you got some quilts done and sent off. Can't wait to see them.

WendyI
April 7th, 2013, 02:45 AM
So glad to read your brother is mending well!! That's good news indeed!

nana margaret
April 7th, 2013, 05:53 AM
I'm so pleased to hear you've turned a corner after the awful incident with your poor brother and that he is doing well. You must be feeling better in yourself to start your sewing again, I know whenever I'm worried about something it makes it hard to concentrate on anything. The sun is shining and you're making your quilts - life is looking better. :icon_bigsmile:

rebeccas-sewing
April 7th, 2013, 06:23 AM
Good grief!!! What happened??? How did I miss this??? Fill me in please. Sounds like everything is going to be all right. That's a good thing!

EmmaB
April 7th, 2013, 10:33 AM
So glad your brother is doing better and you have some positive things going on in your life. Beautiful weather can be so uplifting.

ilive2craft2
April 7th, 2013, 10:36 AM
So glad that your brother is healing! Happy that you are able to get back to quilting - the creative process and the chain piecing help me to find peace. I am able to block out some of the stuff going on and feel better. Hope it helps you too! Lisa

SallyO'Sews
April 8th, 2013, 01:18 PM
Great news, Kensington! Thanks for the happy update; it's wonderful to hear you smile (and yes, I can hear you smiling right through my computer screen! :icon_bigsmile: ) We will continue to pray for your brother's complete healing.
Blessings,
~ Sally \0/

kensington
April 8th, 2013, 04:13 PM
I made three Mug rugs yesterday. And started another... I'm out of batting. I need to post a pic of them!

alliek
April 8th, 2013, 04:51 PM
Good News! Look ahead now. All wonderful things coming your way, starting with healing and spring.