PDA

View Full Version : A dizzy husband reports...

Wwena
April 5th, 2013, 07:25 AM
... that the surgery on his broken leg was a success! He had to turn his phone off after texting me that so it will be a while before I hear any details I think. He'd probably be a bit out of it anyway, I remember what it's like trying to wake up heh. They wanted him to stay the night at the hospital, but that was decided before the operation so that was not a reflection on how it went.

*lets out breath*

Jean Sewing Machine
April 5th, 2013, 07:26 AM
Hope he heals quickly!

MayinJerset
April 5th, 2013, 07:35 AM
Hope he heals quickly! Me too. Also that he is a good patient, sometimes men can't stand the fact that they can't get around like they want to and make everyone crazy.

Monique
April 5th, 2013, 07:36 AM
Me too. Also that he is a good patient, sometimes men can't stand the fact that they can't get around like they want to and make everyone crazy.

I agree with May

Granny Judy
April 5th, 2013, 07:38 AM
Good News to these ears.. Just can't keep those "good" men down. Keep us informed if He doesn't behave and follow docs orders...

Evilynn
April 5th, 2013, 08:29 AM
I wish him a speedy recovery!

Iris Girl
April 5th, 2013, 08:54 AM
A speedy recovery to him

Lisapc
April 5th, 2013, 10:29 AM
I hope he heals quickly and you have him home soon. Wonderful news!

CrazyMtnLady
April 5th, 2013, 10:37 AM
Prayers for a very quick recovery.

WendyI
April 5th, 2013, 11:10 AM
Hoping he has a speedy recovery and is somewhat mobile when he gets home! Hopefully he will have a walking cast?

mom4him
April 5th, 2013, 11:44 AM
Good to hear.

EmmaB
April 5th, 2013, 11:45 AM
Yay for the successful surgery. Hope he has a speedy recovery.

Wwena
April 5th, 2013, 11:50 AM
Thanks all! I went to see him just now to deliver his laptop and some other stuff. He was in a good mood although tired and a bit dizzy still.

Hoping he has a speedy recovery and is somewhat mobile when he gets home! Hopefully he will have a walking cast?

Since the break is so close to the foot I hope he won't need a cast that goes above the knee. If not, he should be able to get around fairly well with crutches. He has a temporary cast now but will be fitted with a new one tomorrow, after which I hope he gets to go home.

lilmouse
April 5th, 2013, 01:17 PM
Hope he has a speedy recovery and doesn't drive you crazy while healing.....sounds like he might just tough it out considering what he went through the last week!

Kaytessa
April 5th, 2013, 01:24 PM
Good news about the successful surgery...may he heal faster than fast .

K. McEuen
April 5th, 2013, 01:31 PM
Since the break is so close to the foot I hope he won't need a cast that goes above the knee. If not, he should be able to get around fairly well with crutches. He has a temporary cast now but will be fitted with a new one tomorrow, after which I hope he gets to go home.

Even with the 3 breaks in my leg I had a below the knee cast after surgery. It was plaster at first, then a fiberglass one a few days later after the swelling from the surgery went down. I was on crutches for 6 weeks then had to wear a plastic ankle brace for another 6 weeks. Maybe a little of what he can expect, hopefully not as long for him since his break wasn't as bad. I had broken both bones in the lower leg in 3 places.

Just remind him to keep it elevated as much as possible and it won't hurt as much.

Wwena
April 5th, 2013, 06:05 PM
Even with the 3 breaks in my leg I had a below the knee cast after surgery. It was plaster at first, then a fiberglass one a few days later after the swelling from the surgery went down. I was on crutches for 6 weeks then had to wear a plastic ankle brace for another 6 weeks. Maybe a little of what he can expect, hopefully not as long for him since his break wasn't as bad. I had broken both bones in the lower leg in 3 places.

Just remind him to keep it elevated as much as possible and it won't hurt as much.

Thanks Karen, I will! I did have the leg elevated when I visited him today. He was told that the cast would be on for 3+3 weeks, with a refitting in between. It's "only" one break, I have no idea how much impact that has on healing time. He is going to the US for a conference in 7 weeks to I know he will be keeping track of time!!

Madeforyouinma11
April 5th, 2013, 06:07 PM
Hope he's better soon!

Loonwatcher
April 5th, 2013, 06:15 PM
So glad it went well and hope his recovery is speedy.

rebeccas-sewing
April 5th, 2013, 07:11 PM
Glad to hear the surgery went well. I know you'll be glad when he's home. You'll need to put on your nurse's hat. He'll need lots of tender loving care!

Musical_Starling
April 5th, 2013, 07:14 PM
You've got a tough hubby, that's for sure! Prayers for a speedy (and easy) recovery :)

Lissau
April 6th, 2013, 02:50 PM
(((((((((((((anna and hubby )))))))))))))))))