PDA

View Full Version : I met Kim!

Tanya D
April 5th, 2013, 01:18 AM
I walked over to Kim's house earlier tonight and spent a couple of hours at her house, looking at creations and chatting.

What a wonderful, sweet, nice lady she is. I hope I have found a new friend who I can share quilting ideas with. She has an embroidery machine that does some beautiful designs! She offered to do some for me if I would like.

She was so kind, she gave me some quilting stencils so I can try some FMQing. She also gave me the name of her LAQ so I could try her out.

It was a wonderful way to spend an evening...I'm so happy to have met her!

Thanks for the visit Kim...it was really nice to give you a hug...and remember what I said, ok?

K. McEuen
April 5th, 2013, 01:22 AM
Glad you got to meet a forum friend, and one within walking distance is pretty impressive. I don't think we have any other members from Albuquerque. There were a couple from New Mexico, but not seen them log on in a long time.

bkthomas
April 5th, 2013, 01:22 AM
So glad you guys met!!! Sounds great!

Lisapc
April 5th, 2013, 01:24 AM
I am super excited about meeting few women who are all driving a long way to meet up that quilt show next week in N.H. I can't imagine how it would be to have a forum friend that close to me. You are lucky and I hope you two have a very long and fulfilling friendship.

Sew Perfect
April 5th, 2013, 01:26 AM
Tanya, that is way too cool! You both already have a common bond...quilting and this forum. Quilting is like gardening...it binds women together.

auntiemern
April 5th, 2013, 01:39 AM
Wonderful, wonderful. Glad you found a new quilting friend.

Renate
April 5th, 2013, 03:37 AM
Dear Tanya,

yesterday I was thinking on you and how your visit with Kim will go on. Happy to read that you had a very good time and found a new quilting buddy :-)

Monique
April 5th, 2013, 07:42 AM
How wonderful that the two of you were able to get together. I am jealous.

Bubby
April 5th, 2013, 07:49 AM
I'm glad both of you found a new quilting friend....we need each other!

Roxanne
April 5th, 2013, 08:22 AM
That is so nice. What is Kim's forum name? I'm trying to place her on here.

Evilynn
April 5th, 2013, 08:24 AM
How amazing for both of you! I am a bit jealous.

I think the nearest 2 to me are Anna and Annika :) Perhaps we can make a Northern lights mreeeting once. Hehe.

Mreeeting? Yea, right. Thanks Karma. (my cat, who wanted to type something too!)

shermur
April 5th, 2013, 08:30 AM
How wonderful, Tanya D! There are passionate quilters like myself I would love to share coffee, a sweet treat and quilting ideas in person with forum friends! What a treasure!

WendyI
April 5th, 2013, 11:36 AM
awwwww...how lucky you both are!!

Tanya D
April 5th, 2013, 12:24 PM
Roxanne, her user name is GrammaKim.

I got a sneak peek at the butterfly swap blocks she is making and there's a certain someone on here that is getting a fantastic looking tote in the tote swap :)

shannonsaulter
April 5th, 2013, 12:27 PM
thats great sure wish I had someone closer!

grammakim04
April 5th, 2013, 01:05 PM
Tanya, your visit meant so much to me also. Life's been rough for me and to find a new "quilting friend" is a true shining star in my life right now. BTW, my daffodils are in full bloom this morning.

Tanya D
April 5th, 2013, 04:06 PM
Oh I'm glad the daffodils are opening up for you. I hope their sunny, happy blooms cheer you up on such a gloomy, chilly day.

middlesis1966
April 5th, 2013, 05:59 PM
I'm glad you both got to meet, how cool it that!

CrazyMtnLady
April 5th, 2013, 06:24 PM
How lucky for the two of you to live so near each other.