PDA

View Full Version : The sun is shining in Daisy World

Divine Daisy
April 3rd, 2013, 01:26 PM
Finally the sun came out and is slowly melting the walls of snow along the country roads and this is proving to be a lovely week.

Planning for the summer window is well under way, the colours will be strawberry and cream and Rebecca has joined our happy little crew! She is going to make one of her lovely quilts for the window and Kay and I are very excited about that. We spoke on the phone at the weekend and when she said to say hello to Mr Daisy, I did and he replied hellooooooo at the top of his voice in a veryyyyyyy english accent lol. It was very funny. Just talking to her and exchanging emails has lifted my spirits so much I can't tell you and it will be lovely to share the summer window with her. Lets hope we both sell our quilts eh?

On top of this, some of the most divine fabric I have ever handled arrived today. I ordered it for a quilt for my eldest daughter who in all these years has never had a quilt! She keeps bitching about that but simply cannot make up her mind what she wants so when I saw this fabric I made the decision for her lol. As soon as I unpacked it, looked and felt it I got straight back online and ordered more and was so glad I did because she only had 7 fat quarters left...........eeeeeeeeeek! I ordered all she had!

This is the fabric

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/170912782605?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

As you can see there is non left now lol.

I am really looking forward to making this quilt. It will be very vintage and shabby chic. The fabric is 90% cotton and 10% linen. The co ordinating fabric I have chosen are a ditzy daisy on a stone background, a ticking stripe and a stone on stone leaf pattern. The cost of this quilt is scaring me but it is very important she gets one made specially for her by me that I have thrown caution to the wind. She is off to Ghana on monday for several weeks on some rig or other, doing some kind of Heather thing (technical aren't i?) so I am hoping that she will have a quilt on her return.

It feels good to do something I want to do rather than a commision or for the window.

Life is good eh?

WendyI
April 3rd, 2013, 01:29 PM
wow! Those fabrics are gorgeous! I can't wait to see it finished!

auntiemern
April 3rd, 2013, 01:44 PM
They will both be beautiful, as is everything you do.

K. McEuen
April 3rd, 2013, 01:50 PM
The quilt should be beautiful. Glad that the sun is starting to break through there, makes a huge difference in ones outlook most times.

Granny Judy
April 3rd, 2013, 02:06 PM
Wow, I hope you will share the DD Quilt making with us. It's gonna be gorgeous. Also great to hear the "Lilt" in your voice and see the Spring in your step.. again. It's been a topsy turvy year for you. Hugs to the Daisy family!! Think of you often and have you in my prayers daily.

HandsOffItsMine
April 3rd, 2013, 02:08 PM
Beautiful indeed, she'll have a lovely quilt waiting for her when she returns. ;)

SallyO'Sews
April 3rd, 2013, 02:23 PM
Yes, Ms. Daisy, Life is very good! :)

The fabric is lovely; I know your DD is going to treasure her quilt from you!

Lisapc
April 3rd, 2013, 02:37 PM
How wonderful. What is it with daughter changing their minds so often? Did we ever do that? She will cherish it and it is going to be beautiful with those fabrics and you making it.

shannonsaulter
April 3rd, 2013, 02:40 PM
Oh its so pretty! she will love it!
Did you ever get a pic of the red nose day quilt? just popped into my mind this morning..

nana margaret
April 3rd, 2013, 02:51 PM
Yes Miss Daisy, the sun has finally decided to reappear over England and about time too. Your fabric is gorgeous, I've bought from dottychic on ebay in the past and have always been pleased. I have curtains in the garden room in Toile De Jouy but in the blue version, I've never seen the pink but have to say it's beautiful. I hope you have lots of fun making what sounds as though it will be a gorgeous quilt for your daughter. Might take a squint at ebay myself and see what other little gems she has to offer!

Evilynn
April 3rd, 2013, 03:41 PM
What a lovely fabrics? I am sure the quilt will be gorgeous. I demand pictures! :)

Hugs

NanaB
April 3rd, 2013, 04:39 PM
It sounds like Spring has indeed sprung in the UK. I cannot wait to see the quilt--the fabrics are awesome. I know your DD will love the quilt--even if she couldn't decide on fabrics herself. Glad to hear that things are getting back to 'normal' in Daisy world!!!

mamaquilt
April 3rd, 2013, 06:21 PM
looking forward to a wonderful finished quilt.

Sandy Navas
April 3rd, 2013, 09:01 PM
No one has mentioned the wonderful opportunity you have of working with Rebecca and seeing her handiwork up close and personal. She has to be someone very special so I'm planning a special meter request - not that we'd ever pit one of you against the other. Next time you converse you need to have Mr. D wear his Viking hat and beard and see what comes from his mouth then.

Lovely fabric you've chosen - and after seeing Heather's photo the other day I can bet it will be absolutely perfect for her.

Hugs and love from this side of the pond.

ilive2craft2
April 3rd, 2013, 09:24 PM
Glad that spring has sprung in England - it is just starting to be spring here in Illinois. Happy to see sunshine instead of grey grey clouds! Your fabric is lovely and it will make a beautiful quilt for a beautiful daughter. Have fun sewing! Lisa

Monique
April 3rd, 2013, 09:34 PM
Daisy I hear the happiness in your writing. I am so happy for you. And you will make the most gorgeous quilt ever for your Heather.

phoots
April 4th, 2013, 12:52 AM
Daisy, you sound so bright and cheerful! That just warms my heart! I'm going to infer that you and Mr Daisy are both doing well and you are looking forward to spring and then summer! Thank you for keeping in touch with the forum! I love to hear from you!

I'm praying for you and Mr Daisy!

Pam in Vegas

rebeccas-sewing
April 4th, 2013, 06:46 AM
Can't wait to get started on my quilts for the shop window!

Blondie
April 4th, 2013, 06:54 AM
How happy I am to have read this thread. Lucky girl getting to spend some time with our Rebecca. I believe you two would make a fine pair of quilting buds.
Love the fabric, very shabby, very chic, can't wait to see what you come up with.

Blessings to all in Daisy land

Klasien
April 4th, 2013, 07:11 AM
The fabric is very pretty, it will be a wonderful quilt, all you make is stunning so I am sure this one will be too!!!

Enjoy the sun, and while you are doing that........send a little over the Northsea so we can enjoy it as well......it is soooooo cold here, no spring what so ever....... :(

Have a great day!!!!

Jean Sewing Machine
April 4th, 2013, 08:19 AM
Daisy, I can just imagine those creative wheels turning as you plan the summer window! How cool that you and Rebecca will collaborate! And the fabrics for Heather's quilt are luscious! I'm sure that will be spectacular! Happy Sunny Day!

Tanya D
April 4th, 2013, 12:42 PM
So glad the sun is shining on you and warming your spirit Daisy! It's a wonderful thing...we had sunshine all last week and it was a welcome sight. It makes you feel good.

Can't wait to see your new quilt...the fabric is beautiful and I'm sure you will turn it into something gorgeous.

Bubby
April 4th, 2013, 12:48 PM
It's absolutely sew chic! I really love it...I'm quite sure your DD will also. Barb

EmmaB
April 4th, 2013, 01:35 PM
That fabric is gorgeous! Your daughter is one lucky gal and I'm sure she will love it.

bhaggerty
April 4th, 2013, 01:46 PM
Lucky you! That fabric is indeed divine, as I am sure the quilt you create will be as well!!

CrazyMtnLady
April 4th, 2013, 01:53 PM
Looking forward to seeing the finished quilt, it is going to be absolutely beautiful.

Madeforyouinma11
April 4th, 2013, 02:00 PM
I love the color and the pattern of the fabric. I cannot wait to see what you do with it!