PDA

View Full Version : Wednesday Hellos!

Blondie
April 3rd, 2013, 07:22 AM

Happy April 3 Folksies. Yes, indeedy, it's Wednesday, not too awfully early when you are me, and it is April 3. That means it is my GD Nora's birthday. I am hoping I will get to see some more videos of her soon.

So. April. I was speaking with a special and dear friend yesterday on the phone and we were discussing garden planning. I am looking forward to another smallish garden. What we generally do the past few years now that the kiddo's are grown and gone is this. We grow certain veggies and Sis grows others. We combine them together and share with the rest of the family on The Hill. Now and then brother and his wife add something to the "pot". They have some fruit trees that we don't have. Brother is quite fond of his fruit.

Yesterday was a lovely sunny day. The wind was quite chilly however. Hubs, BIL were cutting down a few trees up at Sis's house. The trees were felled and now the cut up begins. They cut four all together. It will be good and cured by next winter when we really need it again. Cutting those trees really opened up the sun in an area that needed it.

I have to admit right here and now something, folksies. Once Spring really hits, I will be less sewing and more outside. It really has already begun in the past few days. I had to run down the stairs last night and pet the cat and then the sewing machine and whisper that I will be back soon. It's just that I love to be outside. I enjoy weeding. I enjoy a good long walk in the woods on occasion, although sis and I promised the guys we would only take deep walks in the forest with them. Kinda dangerous for two old gals. Well, even for young gals I reckon.

What do you like to do in the Spring and for goodness sakes if you say Spring Cleaning, I am going to give you a bar of soap. Do you enjoy other hobbies such as painting, reading = I used to do a lot of decorative painting and being outside was such a great inspiration. I may have to do some of that this coming spring and summer.

Have a great day whatever you are doing. Myrna, I am on the countdown with you. I am so excited for your retirement!

Folksies, it seems as if our prayer requests come in waves, lots of hugs, prayers, and smiles to many within our little family here.

Smile as if you were an 8 year old on Christmas Morning. Except you have more teeth.

Evilynn
April 3rd, 2013, 07:34 AM
Hello dear Blondie, hello friends!

I was also thinking about being more outside once the spring is really here. I mean, it's not quite yet although my MIL says she can smell spring already. I still see a lot snow. Well, but to solve my problem with outside and sewing.. I was asking my hubby if it would be possible for me to .... SEW OUTSIDE?! .. Has anyone ever done that? Wouldn't that be GREAT!

Well, he said, sure, why not, he just needs to put a table for me on the veranda and organise some electricity for me. Since he is electrician it's no biggy for him. I would enjoy to be outside with him together. Me sewing and he... doing.. whatever. No Zombiekilling at least! Buahaha! Perhaps I can get him interested in woodwork or whatever. I so badly want him to have a hobby that does not involve a PC.... he always gets super bored once I have the PC and he gets to sit around. I simply sew then! Or look tutorials on my mobile, or or or.... he only has the TV (and netflix now) and the PC. Awful!

Have a nice day all of you!

Monique
April 3rd, 2013, 07:40 AM
Good morning Blondie. You ALWAYS make me smile.

Wednesday already? What a crazy day at the post office yesterday. It was non stop all day. I checked the numbers before I left last night and we had 182 customers. Unreal. I went home at lunch time and had a wee nap. I may need another one today as I did not sleep well last night. I have this automatic room sprayer which decided to spray every 30 seconds or so. That is all I could smell all night and it wasn't until this morning that I realized it. UGH!! It is going in the garbage today.

I stopped in to see my brother-in-law last night. He is doing a little better bit by bit. His blood count is only at 97 and it needs to reach 130. This blood pressure and sugars are good now.

I think Spring took a hiatus. It was so cold and windy here the last two days. By the weekend the temps are supposed to go up. I certainly hope so. I saw a saying on Facebook that said, We are having a lovely winter this spring. LOL!!

Prayers going out to those in need, especially Kensington's brother.

Have a wonderful day everyone.

aliaslaceygreen
April 3rd, 2013, 08:00 AM
Good morning! I am back! Only about 500 photos later .... We had a couple of LONG hikes in Manhattan over the past weekend, bookended by two afternoons at the shore... It could have been warmer, less windy, blah blah... that is looking at it the wrong way, so... IT was wonderful ...I am afraid to tell the foot dr how far I walked, but it really isn't bothering me!!! Whoo hoo! Except for that same post-op swelling/pain...

I waved, May in Jersey, both Saturday and Tuesday as we passed Holmdel... did you see us??

It will take a few days to upload, if you are my friend on FB you can go peek-- but the work that is going on at Seaside is nothing short of amazing... it reminded me of Ground Zero...just get it DONE....I think they may have a boardwalk by Memorial Day...

I drove around down where a friend of mine was from on Staten Island...enough to make you cry.... so many months later, and still the amount of debris on the curbsides of houses....the missing houses...those empty lots...

Also. I started actually work on a quilt in the car. I have a plan for two quilts that will look similar--being done as a series, if you will...but different colors/feelings...wall hangings, of course...and I started on them in the car on the ride home....

I must get ready for work...will be working through till Monday when I have Laylabug, so I don't know how much more work I will do on them...but it was good to get a start!!!

Take care, all....missed your smiling faces!

Renate
April 3rd, 2013, 08:04 AM
Happy birthday dear Nora, I hope you will have a wonderful day with many gifts, a big cake and many people singing for you.

MRoy
April 3rd, 2013, 08:08 AM
Good morning! It's beginning to look like spring in southern KY...finally! The Bradford pears and forsythia are starting to bloom. Some of the grass in my yard is getting a bit high so I think I'll do a quick run over the yard with the mower this weekend when it's supposed to be in the 70s. Blondie, thanks for helping me count down to retirement. I'm looking forward to it more and more. Steffie, I think you'd enjoy sewing outside! Monique, we had one of those air fresheners and had to stop using it because the scent made DH sick. Your BIL is in my prayers.

It's HUMP DAY...starting the slide to the weekend. Prayers for all those needing support.

Bubby
April 3rd, 2013, 08:23 AM
Hi Everyone,

Happy birthday to Nora! It must be fun to be one! How quickly her first year has gone by.

Jeff called off work today to help me with Molly at the vet this morning. Molly is noticeably worse today than yesterday. We are bracing ourselves to say goodbye to our darling today. I still want to hear what the vet has to say...and see if there is any hope she can return to her lovey self. Our hearts are broken.

Spring is nowhere on the scene here. We are supposed to get cold rain with possible flurries today.

Thanks for all the helpful pm's and prayers. Hugs, Barb

buckeyequilter
April 3rd, 2013, 08:25 AM
My thoughts and prayers are with you today.

Hi Everyone,

Jeff called off work today to help me with Molly at the vet this morning. Molly is noticeably worse today than yesterday. We are bracing ourselves to say goodbye to our darling today. I still want to hear what the vet has to say...and see if there is any hope she can return to her lovey self. Our hearts are broken.

Spring is nowhere on the scene here. We are supposed to get cold rain with possible flurries today.

Thanks for all the helpful pm's and prayers. Hugs, Barb

Sandy Navas
April 3rd, 2013, 08:31 AM
So many things going on - it's almost impossible to keep up. Still saying prayers for Molly. Seeing our furry friends suffer is sometimes worse than losing them - they just can't tell us what hurts. My heart is breaking for you, Barb.

To our wonderful 'adopted' granddaughter:
http://cdnet.myxer.com/tn/c/1054298/big/?t=20081219195826

Iris Girl
April 3rd, 2013, 08:36 AM
Good Morning All today is my day off no class , no work... well outside the house anyway. Todays plans are to relax, make some delicious banana bread, a run to the post office and sew sew sew. Its cold here only 29 atm, but sunny so laundry going out on the line. would love to work on the flowers outside but toooooo cold, have crocus's blooming and I see dafodils popping out of the ground. Prayers to those that need them. Hugs to everyone who needs and wants them. Have a great day . I will check in from time to time today. smile. A big Happy Birthday to Nora and special hugs for Miss Molly.

aliaslaceygreen
April 3rd, 2013, 08:38 AM
So many things going on - it's almost impossible to keep up. Still saying prayers for Molly. Seeing our furry friends suffer is sometimes worse than losing them - they just can't tell us what hurts. My heart is breaking for you, Barb.

To our wonderful 'adopted' granddaughter:
http://cdnet.myxer.com/tn/c/1054298/big/?t=20081219195826
Yes! I totally missed Nora in your post, Blondie...
Lack of coffee is to blame.

Bubby.... hugs. Thinking of Molly...

Lonna
April 3rd, 2013, 08:53 AM
Good Morning Ladies and Happy Birthday to the littlest Lady Nora.

Barb my thoughts will be with you and your DH today. Prayers for Gods will to be done for little Ms. Molly.

It is a rainy day here in S.E. Louisiana will have to make sure to take my hexies to work with me. As I know I will have a hard time finding things to keep me busy today. Time for me to go and get ready for work have a good day all.

shermur
April 3rd, 2013, 08:57 AM
Morning Blondie! Always great to read your daily post! Yesterday was challenging. It was hard to concentrate at work due to the fact I kept daydreaming about my quilt room and what I could be accomplishing. Friday, I will be looking at a used sewing machine for my 12 year old daughter and Saturday, I am going to inspect a fabric hoard that someone is selling......new things happening here. Just need more time!!!!!

GrammaBabs
April 3rd, 2013, 09:06 AM
I don't post here often,,i'm a "late riser" sometimes, and i'm working at creating more than typing...:) But i wanted to give Blondie an alert... The postman will be delivering a little something.... I'm super thrilled that today is Nora's Birthday.... hint hint... i only hope i didn't drag my butt on this so much that it won't fit!!!!! That would be just like me... but hey,,, there are always Teddies to dress..LOL
My out door's will be coming in May... POOLTIME... there is just something about WATER and being with my commrades chatting the day away that i love... ALMOST enough to move to Florida.. (notice i said almost, the thought of moving all the Fabric and sewing area gives me chills)...
So... huge hugs to you all... Barb,,, i so get that agony of losing a pet... we are now petless and will stay that way,, our old hearts might not take another break..Everyone else... give it your best today.. it's good enough,, no need to "over acheive"!!! :)
Off to quilt the day away with my GF's,,, firming up my trip to NEQE, in Manchester ,NH nest Tuesday thru Sat... getting excited!! Barbara/aka GB

meemeecyn
April 3rd, 2013, 09:07 AM
Good Wed. morning! The sun is strong, a bit windy, but spring is coming around the corner! That is a reason to smile!! Never mind the fact that it is darling little Nora's BD!!!! Blondie...the year just flew by.

Barb...thinking of you and Jeff. Tough times for the both of you.

I'm going to join our very special friend Blondie, in counting down for Myrna. Exciting!

Have a great day all you forum friends.
Cynthia

CrazyMtnLady
April 3rd, 2013, 09:10 AM
Good Morning to all. My heart is heavy thinking of Miss Molly and I am sending up prayers for her. I hope the vet can make her feel better today. Will be watching for an update.

Windy and only 32*F here. But when I went out to feed the cats the tom turkeys were really gobbling all around us. It is a nice sound every spring. I am not looking forward to any rain or snow flurries today. I haven't had a fire in the wood stove in a few days but I may just have to build one today. Brrrrrrr.
DH has to go to the neighbor's today and help him fix his well. He was over there a couple days ago and then we had rain so maybe they can get it done today.

Hope everyone has a great day.
Hugs and prayers to all. Get Well Miss Molly!

Lisapc
April 3rd, 2013, 09:43 AM
Blondie: A birthday for Nora. So exciting. I always reflect on how I felt when that new baby was born and the celebrations around that new baby. I still remember sitting in the waiting room when I was almost 5 waiting for my first niece to be born so many years ago.

I love to garden. I have focused on my vegtable garden since we have moved into our home 4 yrs ago and started adding flowers last year. We have 10 baby fruit trees that we planted in the last year. One large Mac that I fear is on it's way out. I planted 5 blueberry bushes last summer and am happy to say they are all budding. I had to laugh when you said hubby doesn't want you girls walking in the woods alone. That is why I have my dogs. My Dad is totally fine with me in the woods with no cell service for hours if I have the dogs with me. Hubby? Not so much. A few years ago I was in the woods, dizzy and a little lost. I sat down, drank my water and had my Blaze right beside me. It was before Karli came to us. I just waited until the dizzy went away and put a leash on Blaze and told him, "let's go home". I let him take me out of the woods. I was just taking us in circles. Hubby bought me a hiking GPS. Whatever! I use it to set it up but feel safer with my dogs with me. They protect me from the scary animals and find our way home when I forget which way I came from. I love to paint, write and other things but don't like the humid high temps. When those temps arrive I will be tucked into my sewing room with the AC on sewing away.

Bubby: I am praying for Molly, you and your hubby. This is very hard to go through.

I really hope Kensington is doing alright and that her brother recovers quickly.

Prayers to all, especially those that don't even know they need them.

I am off to get my cube book case things I want today for my fabric. Hubby ordered me comic book boards. I am so thrilled to finally have a little more work getting my sewing room together moving forward.

bakermom
April 3rd, 2013, 10:29 AM
Bright, sunny and COLD here. we had a wonderful Easter with DS and DIL, but I'm glad to be home. Now i need to catch up on everything. i want to get out to the fabric store but I don't think it will happen till the weekend. My new purse pattern came so i have to find the right fabric for it.
Steffie, when my kids were young i would set my machine up on the porch so i could sew and watch them play. We live in an old house with no AC so it was much more comfortable in nice weather than sewing in the kitchen(no dedicated sewing space then).
Sorry about little molly, it's so hard when it comes that time. they become so much a part of us.
I'm headed over to DD's. she's down to her last month so it's weekly Dr. visits. We can't wait to see the new little one. I have a few things made up but I'm waiting to see what she has before i make that "special" quilt. Also need to finish hand quilting DH's quilt. I usually work on it in the afternoon before we have supper but I've been slacking off. I have carpel tunnel in both hands and tendonitis in my elbow. Both are acting up again so i've cut back on my handwork for a while.

Honeycamp
April 3rd, 2013, 10:31 AM
good morning everyone
I have been offline for a few days because I often forget. I suppose I need to get into the habit?
I got to meet with Blondie on Saturday. She worked wonders on my hair and ego. You have no idea how her happiness is really a contagious thing until you get a big hug. Her shampoo skills are also a marvel. It was as if all my troubles got washed away.

I am noticing some Bradford Pears in full bloom and forsythia as well. My mom's beloved tulips are popping up green. I haven't gardened in years so I know I will have some very sore knees from all the weeding that needs to be done. I have 5 siblings but they are all so busy with their children and grand children that sometimes I feel a little bit like an only child. I am really not feeling sorry for mmyself. I would just like some of their help. I cooked a big meal on sunday (easter) for my parents and a few of my sister's came to eat. No one helped to clean up afterwards. If I had the nerve i would have assigned chores and a schedule. How can i go about doing that at this stage of life? It is like being cinderella.

I see that some need real prayer here, nothing like my whimpering.

Sincerely
Honey

MayinJerset
April 3rd, 2013, 10:58 AM
Happy One Year Old Birthday to Nora, any photos so we can see her sweet face?
Poor Molly, hope all goes well today at the Vets and joining in the retirement countdown for Myrna. Glad to hear that Monique's BIL is doing better and that Honey joined in this morning. Wish her well in getting help from her siblings.

Yes, Trish, I saw you waving both days as you passed back and forth from The Shore. Got a quick look at the new quilts your are working on and they are great. Last week I took a ride along the shoreline in town across the highway from us, saw so many open spaces where smaller homes had been as only the newer and taller homes seem to have survived. Fave restaurant on the beach is just a big pile of roped off rubble. Would love to see photos of your trip but not a friend of yours on Facebook. Could you send me a friend request? My Facebook page is under May Trezza Sisk.

Ahh, Spring is in the air but not in the temps. Our first sign of Spring has arrived as our onamental pear tree is in bloom. Indoors I have a basket of pansies and tulips as well as an Easter Lily. Wish I could still get down and garden like I did for about 40-45 years but these old knees won't allow that any longer. Soon I will arrange a bunch of big pots of plants and herbs on my back yard deck, not as fulfilling as the big flower and perninnal graden I used to have but it is a nice splash of colors during the Spring through late Fall. The pots are hidden inbetween the foundation plantings to keep them covered during the Winter. DH usually pulls them out for me this time of the year but he has a bit of a back problem right now so I will ask my sons Bob and Pat to come over some weekend soon to do it for me. Like Honey no one offers to help me or DH out so now I just call them up and ask them. I always provide one of their favorites for lunch so that might be the deal maker. May

GinnyKNC
April 3rd, 2013, 10:59 AM
Good Morning everyone. I'm late as usual, work always gets in the way of fun lol. I've been sick for 10 days now and finally went to the doctors yesterday. I feel a little better today :) YIPEE. I tried to self medicate with over the counter meds only to through my glucose way too high which wasn't helping things. Yesterday was beautiful here and I'm hoping the same for today even though I don't get to go out much. Here is hoping we all enjoy spring a little more like Blondie. Happy quilting all and have a blessed day.

WendyI
April 3rd, 2013, 11:12 AM
Morning everyone!

Barb, I am of course thinking of you, Jeff and Mollly. I hope you can have some more time with her but if not she had 14 wonderful years with people who loved her to bits and what more could a dog ask for? ((((((((HUGS)))))))))))

Blondie, so joyful to celebrate a first birthday! Happy Birthday to Nora! How fun!

I am SO over winter!!
THIS is the view from my office window this morning:
It looks like we are in a snow globe that someone decided to shake the bejeezus out of!

I am a perennial gardener but have to admit that I am not looking forward to it at all this year. If you look from above you will see everyone's yard with the odd tree or tiny garden and then come to mine and it's a jungle with a small piece of lawn and a pond. Unfortunately, this means that my yard is where the rabbits go for food! I had a brief glimpse of the damage that rabbits have done to my yard this year and it's SO disheartening. Our pond is also collapsing and needs to be rebuilt. We did it 10 years ago when we were in good enough physical shape to manhandle large boulders. Now I have arthritis and am not as strong as I used to be but DH still thinks I can do all the heavy lifting and such that I used to do. sigh. So I'm sad today that I may have to seriously consider downsizing my gardens and redoing the ones that I keep. So much destruction from such a wee evil beast!

Yep..feeling sorry for myself today. Having arthritis at 47 stinks and isn't fair and some days I just can't take it so I'm having myself a little pity party. I know it's not right when so many others are struggling with so much worse. I'll get over it soon and move on, no worries.

Hope you are all having a wonderful day!!

Sew Perfect
April 3rd, 2013, 11:22 AM
Good morning and happy hump day! Spring is in the air here in Kansas City, as the lilies, daffodils and tulips are showing life. There are still no leaves on the trees, but I can spy buds on our Maple and Red Bud Trees.

I was able to get plenty done on my sons quilt during the first 1/2 of the afternoon and worked on a table runner for our dining room in the evening. Today, I will finish quilting it. Our son is graduation from high school in May, so there is much to do around the house before the big event. I want to make some window treatments and place mats for the kitchen. Also, the table runner for the dining room.

It is good to read all the hellos this morning and I hope all will have a nice day. Make something beautiful. :icon_bigsmile:

P.S. Wendy, hang in there.

buckeyequilter
April 3rd, 2013, 11:25 AM
Good morning....

Nice day here...lol just looked at my Weatherbug icon and it say 0....must be off-line.

I didn't sew one stitch last night...just wasn't in the mood. Tonight I plan to work on butterfly blocks. As soon as I get all the butterfly blocks finished I think I'm going to work on my log cabin blocks and try to get them out of the way.

I want to get some spring cleaning done...maybe it will be nice enough this week-end to open a window and start cleaning. I just don't like to spring clean unless I can open a window....oh heck, I just don't like to spring clean. I also need to clean my sewing parlor and get some organization in there.

Happy Birthday to Nora....I can't believe she's a year old already.

Have a wonderful day! Prayer & hugs

SuzyQue
April 3rd, 2013, 11:42 AM
Blondie----I guess I get the bar of soap. Sorry, but I LOVE to clean and spring cleaning is the best! Open the windows, air out the house, clean out the dust bunnies, and organize! AHHHH! There are few things better in my book! I am not a plant lover, nor gardener, but do enjoy some flowers around the house. I will have more time to sew coming soon as the school year wraps up. This is my time of renewal!
Prayers for Kensington's brother, baby Nora's first birthday, Miss Molly and family, everyone's aches and pains and hurt feelings. Counting down the days for retirement and the end of the school year. Have 2 major graduations this spring and summer, but not here, so no need to sew and primp for them. Still cool outside, but no snow! The sun is shining and it is past time to go get busy! Have a great one......everyone!

Evilynn
April 3rd, 2013, 12:01 PM
Barb, I am so sorry about Molly. I will think about you, and I hope the doc can give some good news! Losing furry family members is very very sad =( But she was part of your life for a long time and I am sure you gathered up some amazing memories with her!
*sending a hug*

Steffie

lilmouse
April 3rd, 2013, 12:09 PM
Good morning everyone, have been up for awhile but just got on the forum. Had a lazy do nothing day yesterday. I even watched some tv which I rarely do. Steve says I needed the day as I am either sewing or running errands or something on my days off.
I have decided to give up my little car! Steve has a small pickup truck that just sits here and my car....we really don't need to vehicles and my daughter could sure use mine so we are selling it to them (way cheap) and I will drive the pick up truck. I think it is a win - win all the way around...his truck gets driven instead of sitting and I get to save the cost of maintaining a second vehicle that we really don't need....Steve said it was my decision since it was my car but he is fine with it so I have to clean out both vehicles and get them ready...the back of Steve's truck is full of tools for the apartments he maintains so I can't use the back of the truck which leaves only the cab and it is small! I will manage though...now I will have a little more to spend on other things which will help also!
Barb I am thinking of you and hubby and Miss Molly today...keep us posted!
Happy Birthday to Nora.....a year already, where did the time go?
Since I have the blackest thumb I know of there is no gardening going on here! I would kill everything...I gave up finally on even trying.
Spring cleaning is on my agenda as well but not until I can open windows and then I will get going...need to clean out dressers and closets and shampoo my carpets that Sassi has been using for dog training....she is finally starting to get a little better....
I look at her and think of how devastated Barb must be....I know I would be!
Honey, glad to see you post! You are so lucky to have met our Blondie..she is so special!
I am keeping everyone in prayer....hugs and smiles for all!

middlesis1966
April 3rd, 2013, 12:47 PM
Morning all! I did go ahead and tell the Onc yesterday about the headaches and the vision issues. She wants to me have an MRI just to be n the safe side. I just hope the cooties are gone by then. I can't even sleep because I can't breath or I'm hacking up a lung. Go figure I go all winter without getting anything really major that was going around, then just as Spring has finally sprung, I get the cooties, grrr!
Happy Birthday Nora!!!
No Spring cleaning here today. Got way to many errands to run, but at least I'll be out in this lovely sunshine to enjoy it.
Barb big hugs for you and Molly! I pray that the news is better!
Have a fun filled day all!

Stetler
April 3rd, 2013, 12:58 PM
Spring here means we are still willing and able to have blizzards. We are in such a bad drought that we want and need every ounce of what the Creator can send our way.My garden is so full of perennials that I suppose we will be thinning out again, anyone living near Rapid City, SD I'll give them to you. I have correopis (spelling?), iris, tiger lilies, etc. My veggies have not been doing so well so we are going to have the soil tested.
Happy Birthday to Nora!!!

pcbatiks
April 3rd, 2013, 12:58 PM
It's a little late but I'm up. We had thunder, lightning & rain during the night........not very bad........but our dog Scout has acquired a fear of stormy weather over the last couple of years. I was up late with her so she would not wake up DH with her pacing, shivering & shaking. So we slept late today.

Started on a new project over the weekend that I've had brewing in my head for awhile. Have the background laid out now and plan to start sewing on it today.........anxious to see it start coming together.......Light beige & cream background with appliqued amaryllis for my aunt.

For those of you who enjoy working in flower beds........if you will come make my yard look pretty with flowers.......I will mow your yard in exchange! :D I want my yard to look landscaped but I don't want to actually do the work........and I'm pretty sure that's not how it works! :D

Blondie.......hope Nora has a Happy B-day & that you get lots of pictures & video.

Barb......you, Jeff and Miss Molly have been on my mind......more hugs from me too.

Thoughts & prayers for Kensington and her brother........for a quick recovery.

shannonsaulter
April 3rd, 2013, 01:20 PM
GM all its my Monday and back to the grind...
Spring means more outings and fun in the sun..
I'll get some more mosaics done now that the damp air is
going away..
Hope everyone has a great day!!!

CountryHut
April 3rd, 2013, 01:23 PM
ooooweeeeee it's afternoon already . . .

Happy Humpy Dump Day : )

yesterday - while waiting on the daughter to come over to do her income tax - (and never showed up - called or texted me . . grrr*~)
I pulled some fabric out of the tubs to get started get it all organized --
got a tad over 17 yards - washed - dried - ironed - measured - and folded -- and the 1st Layer cake die cut
- today - was up way to early for the time I went to bed last evening - so I went back to bed for another 2 hours -
- put another pot of coffee on - got in gear to get orders processed and shipped - then tossed another set of fabric in the
washer
- my eldest sister granddaughter is home from boot camp for a few days - Thank goodness she is doing well
- hubby told our Little Miss Social Butterfly - for ever Ribbon she gets - he'll give her 20 bucks - she's earned 5 ribbons so far
and she has another 2 months to go in the program . . I think a military type environment is what she needed -
-
- well off to get busy with something else

Fur baby hugs to Miss Molly and I Hope she pulls through -
Birthday blessing and happy wishes for Nora
many many many thoughts prayers and hugs for all in need

Have a super day everyone ;)

toggpine
April 3rd, 2013, 02:25 PM
Just checking in.

Work & Mom are keeping me too busy to sew at the machine. I'm getting in a bit of stitching at night in front of the TV if my hands are willing to cooperate. All of the cleaning and having my hands in gloves are causing some split fingers and swollen knuckles. Thankfully our only milker has nice, easy-to-milk teats!

I'm off on another busy day!

Hugs and prayers for those in need.
Cathy

Granny Judy
April 3rd, 2013, 02:48 PM
Afternoon All.... just being lazy today and not up to starting anything new.. Am waiting for backing fabric to arrive so I can finish the quilt for Marilyn's Group. Cardinal Glennon PICU. Have 2 more rows of flowers to add to my garden then the top is finished. Slowly getting there.

Happy Birthday to Nora, Blondie. She's growing up so fast. Prayer for all those in pain and sorrow. Know that these things will pass and the sun will shine in your lives again. Life sure has bumps of all kinds in our paths and we can't avoid them all. I know I tried and just got a few sink holes instead.

Love and hugs going out to all.. Grab as many as you need. Granny

Mom23
April 3rd, 2013, 07:46 PM
It's been a crazy day so I'm just now checking in for the day. Glad I didn't miss this post, Blondie. While I absolutely hate to spring clean, I know it's something I have to do. I am going to start on the easy rooms tomorrow. If the nice weather keeps up I will be mowing in about a week. Mowing to me is a great stress reliever. It takes about two hours so I just ride the tractor and sing to my iPod. I don't care if people in the area hear me sing! Yesterday I pruned rose bushes so today I worked on getting two teeny tiny thorns out of my fingers. Along with sewing my finger last night my hands are a mess. Sounds like a good excuse to go out to eat. I can't do dishes, my fingers are sore, and I would have to change my bandaids!!!

Hugs to all of my fellow quilting friends and prayers to those who need it. When I say prayers to you I want you to know I truly mean that. I go to daily mass frequently and intentions in my heart are always for those people I know in need of prayer.

Robin