PDA

View Full Version : Black Ice Tuesday

Blondie
January 18th, 2011, 11:24 AM
Yep, that's right! 102 schools in our area of Va and NC are closed due to black ice. We had some freezing rain last night. Sigh.I think they will be in school year round at this rate!

Nothing exciting on the front today. I know I should clean; perhaps I will do a wee bit before going down the ice slope to Mom's. I need to work on some dolls too.

Let's all remember to pray for our Craftysam (Saundra) and her hubs. I think all of us here know how exhausting hospital trips and illness are. Hope and Pray that he recovers quickly with the least damage possible.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v693/BSpence/sigs/Days/friendship-1.jpg

patticakes
January 18th, 2011, 11:46 AM
Hi all!
Blondie - be careful on your trip to Mom's. That ice is tricky for sure!
Saundra - hope you did okay home alone and hope that your hubby is doing better. I'll be thinking of you today!

Just a quick hello...too much to do here today. Tonight I can finally sew because the BF took off to St. Louis for a couple days to visit his brother in the hospital. He is finally in a regular room after about 7 months in intensive care. What will be really nice is that he can finally speak and I am happy they can have a nice visit after all this time!

Hope you all have a pleasant and safe day!
Patti

Sandy Navas
January 18th, 2011, 12:16 PM
Black ice! Remember, frighteningly so, my first encounter. Years ago - hopefully my last. I still shudder.

Prayers for everyone in need. Someone sent me a story about two men who were shipwrecked. They decided to split the island and rely on prayers to be saved. One man's prayers were answered in full, even to the point of allowing him to sail in luxury away from the shipwrecked island. The luckier of the men refused to take the other man off the island because 'his prayers were not fruitful and answered'. God admonished the lucky man - so the man asked "What was his prayer?" And God answered, "He only had ONE prayer. That was that all YOUR prayers be answered."

I'm off to pick up Sierra (10), Michelle (8), and Emily (6) for a special Nana Day. They all want to make blankets today - and we will. Some will be pieced, some full fabric sewn like pillowcases and turned, others tied together with thread . . . and all will be beautiful. Nana needs today.

Hugs and love to all here . . .

quiltingtrish
January 18th, 2011, 01:07 PM
OOh - be careful out there Blondie. I had to watch my step a few times when I was out shoveling for an hour and a half - inch of ice on top of an inch of snow. HEAVY for sure! They closed school here too - glad they did or I would have had to call in a day without pay. Too slick for me to even walk on the hilly areas to get there.
Prayers continuing for your husband, Saundra. And you too Hon.

Well, was up early and did 2 loads of clothes, got dinner in the slow cooker, shoveled and now going to go get cleaned up and then I'm sewing a binding on today! Yippee! I'm just about ready to relax with a kitty and a quilt on my lap. Can't ask for anything better than that.

Hugs,

ginampls
January 18th, 2011, 01:14 PM
ohm..... i pray...

oh dears how i hate ice... white clear. and black... nasty stuff.... being a MN.. girl... that i would be used to it.... nope.... my kia slides so easily on it.... just hate ice.... the super is running in to town for me cuz i hate driving on it this badly.
all the best gina now from northern MN

lhayes1976
January 18th, 2011, 02:19 PM
Ice---Blahhh! I hate it too. We've already had our fair share this year in Kentucky. Come on Spring!

bakermom
January 18th, 2011, 02:29 PM
So far we've dodged the ice. It was raining and freezing last night while I was at work. By the time I came home it was back to only rain. Back to snow again tomorrow .

sewsoft
January 18th, 2011, 05:19 PM
Hello Ladies, I hope CraftySam hubby is better today. To everyone, have a good day.

debi weaver
January 18th, 2011, 06:02 PM
I drove along with my elderly Dad today, and the entire hour, praised God for the dry roads and a warm sun peeking out to glisten on the fields of snow! It was beautiful, but I have to admit, only because the roads were dry and clear! I usually dread VA doctor visits because of the threat of snow or ice, but we awoke to clouds only today! I had no idea that southeast of me was in terrible shape...wow! Black ice - the dreaded hindrance of winter and cancelled school!
Oh! Do be careful, please!
Sandy, have fun sewing with those darling grand children!
Sounds like a very active day for everyone. May you be blessed in it! Debi