PDA

View Full Version : Triston's Journey

auntiemern
April 1st, 2013, 11:46 AM
I decided to post this link about the little guy I will be taking a quilt to today at Cardinal Glennon in the PICU. What a story. There are beautiful pics of him since he was born. Laughing and smiling outside of the hospital. What a beautiful family he has. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgqSVWy8cms&feature=youtu.be At 6:26 he is laying on a quilt I made last year and delivered along with 46 others with the help of the ladies here. I do believe I recognized others quilts as well. I must warn you that there are post op pics of him. He truly is a blessed little angel.

Lisapc
April 1st, 2013, 11:53 AM
I feel for any child who is sick or injured. My heart breaks for them. I will not be clicking on the link because I just imagine this or any child who has no power over their own image being plastered everywhere. The written word carries a lot of weight.

auntiemern
April 1st, 2013, 12:08 PM
You don't have to click on the link, but there are many beautiful pics of him for the 7 months prior to his first surgery. Pics of him with his 2 brothers, mom, dad and grand parents. Smiling, happy baby pics.
It took his mom a lot of soul searching to put some of the pics in the video.
You are right about one thing, the written word carries a lot of weight, as does the undertone of the message. Or so I have been told.
I feel for any child who is sick or injured. My heart breaks for them. I will not be clicking on the link because I just imagine this or any child who has no power over their own image being plastered everywhere. The written word carries a lot of weight.

EnumclawGramma
April 1st, 2013, 12:36 PM
Marilyn you broke my heart. Thank you for sharing this. Some of the fabric I got this weekend spoke to me for a quilt for you. I am nearly done with my room and I believe that will be the first thing I start on.

grannyann
April 1st, 2013, 12:51 PM
I smiled when he smiled and cried when he looked so sad then smiled again. That went on through out the entire video. What a beautiful child and I pray he will grow into a fine young man. God Bless and the video was put together so nice and told the whole story. Beautiful family.Thanks for sharing.

Mom23
April 1st, 2013, 01:36 PM
That is such a beautiful video. Thank you for sharing it with us. One thing I noticed on the video was when there was a quilt in the pictures at the hospital, it just seemed less "sterile" and more comforting. Thank you for your ministry to these babies. My prayers are with Tristan and his family.

brook
April 1st, 2013, 01:55 PM
Tears don't come easy for me except when I see a child suffering I can't help but cry. This is one of those times.

MartinaG
April 1st, 2013, 02:21 PM
What a sweet little boy and what a loving family he has. Hope he gets to go home soon and be strong enough to romp with his big brothers.

lilmouse
April 2nd, 2013, 02:35 AM
Breaks my heart to see little ones go through this; but it also warms my heart to see the quilts that those of us donate being put to use to warm and comfort the little ones and their families.....well done video!