PDA

View Full Version : Monday, Monday

Blondie
January 17th, 2011, 10:14 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v693/BSpence/sigs/1_908773089l.jpg

Well, it's Monday! And hubs is still home. Good grief. I can barely wait until tomorrow morning.
I have decided that regardless of how much cleaning needs to be done upstairs, I am going to be downstairs with my Dinah Kitty and no men allowed! LOL.
Perhaps my sissie will join me this morning as well.
I'm in the stash manicures (http://brownbagquiltcontest.blogspot.com/)brown bag quilt and the fabrics from my partner finally arrived on Saturday. We both had signed up for it eons ago; I had forgotten about it! Well, we both received emails the same day as exchange partners. Now I have to figure out what to do with it.

Got to go - need more coffee; check in later, kiddos.

NM Lady
January 17th, 2011, 10:27 AM
Good morning everyone. Hope this finds everyone thinking on positive thoughts.

My intentions were to go in yesterday and try to catch up on my day off, but decided to stay home and catch up. I'm sure to pay the price this week, but thats ok. I really enjoyed yesterday.

Saying a prayer for all those who are ill, all those who are serving and all those in bad weather areas.

Everyone have a blessed day.

Sandy Navas
January 17th, 2011, 11:59 AM
I'm debating about the urge to create and the need for clean this morning. I just came back from the kitchen with another cuppa and another biscotti - yummy . . . and think after seeing the condition of my black stove top . . . the debate has ended. Who, in their right mind, would ever put in this black stove??? Glad it wasn't me.

Blondie - send hubby out to do some errands and then lock the doors until you are finished with your quilting for the day. Oh, you'll have to unlock to pass him a bowl of soup to keep him from freezing.

I looked out the back window on my return from the kitchen and noted the squirrel tracks across the snow. They must have inborn radar or something. They come down the tree, make a straight line out, a spot where they have dug through the snow, and another track right back to the tree. How do those little rodents in disquise remember where they stored their stash - a peanut-sized brain . . . yet I can't find a specific piece of fabric in my stash . . .

patticakes
January 17th, 2011, 12:44 PM
Hi all!
Back at work early this am as we are doing mini audits on whatever holiday merchandise is left. Ugggghh....not fun stuff.
Had a good weekend but I always feel so sad if I did not get to my sewing machine at all, which I didn't. Things kept getting in the way, suddenly having to babysit an neighbor's baby due to an emergency. He was so sweet I did not mind having him to cuddle and play with! Then a surprise Saturday afternoonvisit from the BFs family, which meant dinner at half time of the football game. I think it leaked out that I had Italian Beef cooking in the crockpot. LOL
Sunday was breakfast at our little social club and I thought I could go home and sew while the BF went off to watch the Bear's football game but didn't he invite me to go with him. Can't pass up a date with my sweetheart even tho I could hear the sewing machine calling me. I thought, well, after the Bear's game he will want to hang out with his friends and I will come home and sew!! I did leave after the fun of watching the game, hurried home, threw in a load of clothes to wash, popped a chicken in the oven to roast and headed up to the sewing machine only to have the phone ring 5 minutes later. Apparently he missed me and wanted me to come and pick him up. (We are down to one car now). Dinner and fun game of Scrabble followed. No sewing got done but it was really a lovely weekend.
I am planning a sew-a-thon when he travels to St. Louis this week!
Well, back to the grind! Hope everyone has a happy and productive day!

middlesis1966
January 17th, 2011, 01:24 PM
Sounds like its been a laid back Monday morning for us all. I do have to get moving though. I have to go get some fabric for fabric exchange, but after that Im going to hibernate. BRRRRRRR!
Blondie, I love your pic for the day. Everday I wake is that he isa desire of mine he has blessed me with and I can get thru it with him. Thanks!!!!
Sandy the biscotti sounds yummy, enjoy.
Patti I havent got to sew for weeks. Its driving me crazy. I have stuff I wanna do, but it;ll have to wait. I still cant put alot of pressure to cut thru fabric, so I can dream about what I will do when I can do it Yahoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sally
January 17th, 2011, 03:40 PM
Well I am back home and back at work. The funeral was very nice. I am so glad I was able to make it. Like my husband said if I hadn't I would always regret it. I got back early enough yesterday but the emotional day before left me exhausted so i just rested yesterday. I have my sewing class tonight and I have yet to cut out my material so I will have to do that right when I get home. Then I need to get busy and do some house cleaning. Oh the never ending cycle! I will also have to do a marthon black and white fan block making this week if i am going to get my blocks done in time. I have about 10 done. So I got this joke sent to me this morning and I thought I would pass it on...

.............. I just got off the phone with a friend living in Edmonton.

She said that since early this morning the snow has been nearly waist high and is still falling.

The temperature is dropping way below zero and the north wind is increasing to near gale force.

Her husband has done nothing but look through the kitchen window ..........and just stares.

She says that if it gets much worse, she may have to let him in.

toggpine
January 17th, 2011, 03:53 PM
Howdy!
It stopped raining! The sun is out and now I have to get out there and do a few things before it starts making wet again. Still no sewing here either. Wishin' & hopin', but no stitchin'!
I'll check back later!
You all have a good day!
Cathy

debinmalaga
January 17th, 2011, 04:14 PM
Shauna, I laughed out loud for real... great joke! Shared it with everyone I know.

Thanks so much for the giggles!

quiltingtrish
January 17th, 2011, 06:45 PM
Hello everyone!!
Well, I had to work today. The kiddos had off but we went in and had 4 hours of sign languague and then another 3 hours of PSSA test training.
I am sewing tonight. Will finish quilting the borders on the cowboy quilt and then get the binding made. I am hoping with the snow mess coming tonight and the ice tomorrow (from 5 am until 1 pm) that we are off for the day.
OH! OH! Remember I said I mentioned to DH about making me a room in the basement for my sewing things? Well, the wheels are turning and he even went downstairs today to start moving stuff around. It's a long way to go yet - need to put up walls, some type of floor down, have to move the water tank and water holding tank, oh and some ceiling tiles, and some insulation - but at least it's starting. I hope by summer all my quilty things are in one place.

Saw the daily deal today and went out and took a photo of our treeless treehouse. Have to post later. It's such a pain to post photos for me - have to have DH download them for me - put on his computer - then onto a thumb drive - over to my computer and then post them. So when Zach's quilt is done, I'll post that, the treehouse, and the other 2 table toppers I made. Will do by the end of the week.

Oh - can ya all say a prayer for Odie? He's disappointed in the Marines - says lots of them are past drug addicts, lots of them smoke and he just wants to come home and go back to school. He was to have a meeting with the psychiatrist down there on the 12th and haven't heard anything since yet. I know he is homesick and if he calls home, I would be inclined to try to tell him to stick it out a little longer. He hasn't had his schooling yet and therefore not even his first duty station where I think it would get better. I would hate for him to be able to quit and loose all his benefits he would be entitled too yet would hate for him to put in 4 years of something he truly hates. I have to turn this over to God cause my heart is just hurting for him.

Well, have a great evening and stay safe out there. Don't go if you don't have to.

Hugs,

sally
January 17th, 2011, 08:09 PM
Trish, Tell Odie that it will get better. I too went thru military training and sometimes I just wanted to throw my hands in the air and go home but I didn't and am glad I didn't. Once he gets posted and into the "real world" of the military he will find it much better and also be in a better postition to make career chioces then. Don't let him quit now he has already put in a lot of sweat and tears to give up now.

quiltingtrish
January 17th, 2011, 08:18 PM
Oh Shauna - thanks for your words. I, too, spent 20 years in the military and DH did about 23 or so. We were both homesick and stuck it out - we know it gets better and we would try to talk him into staying. I would hope that the psychiatrist works with him and let him know that it will get better. I have heard that they don't just kick them out so that's good. And I'm impressed with the instructors trying to talk to him even if he doesn't want to hear their stories of the good stuff. He's got 2 more weeks in N. Carolina and then onto Ft. Sill for his schooling.
I just know it never hurts to ask for extra prayers on here. It just hurts as a mom, you know, that you don't want your kids to hurt.
I think my next project will be a quilt for him. That might make him feel better. And me too. He'll know that every stitch was made with love.

Hugs,

Blondie
January 18th, 2011, 12:06 AM
Hi Ladies
Sure is good to sit down and read up on everyone tonite.
Shauna, I can sure relate to your friend's joke! I am counting the hours before hubs goes back to work tomorrow. In fact, just this minute I rolled my chair back next to his and said "I think I will probably miss you tomorrow." he replied, why? I had a frozen kernel drop in my chest and I said, "You DO have work tomorrow, right?" Such a wicked little grin on his face. Of course, he just wanted to see the raw terror in my eyes. I should feel a little more guilty than I do. LOL. He is the bestest husband in the world, but, lawdy! I hope he never seriously considers full time retirement. Oy Vay!

Patticakes, looks like your Bears and my hub's Packers will be duking it out. Since his college team (Va. Tech) won their championship, he is keeping his fingers, toes and eyes crossed for a clean sweep. LOL. Me? As long as I get to eat the appetizers I make for the games we watch, I am a happy camper. Sure do miss my Daddy for football games though.

Trish, you know that I am standing in prayerful agreement with you for Odie. Poor fella. I think he is just overwhelmed right now. He has too strong a will to give up if this is really for him. I don't think he will know that yet? You and hubs have been such a positive role model and support system - I think it is a good thing that he can vent to you and know that you understand where he is coming from. Prayers, sweetie and a big shoulder with wing span arms to put you in a good hug.

Cathy, hope y'all dry out and please don't send precip our way - yet!

be blessed this evening, ladies. I am off to bed.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v693/BSpence/sigs/GN/sd.gif

debinmalaga
January 18th, 2011, 12:18 AM
Trish, Odie will find his way, it's a huge adjustment as you know. Hang in there, Mama, and of course my best wishes for him.

toggpine
January 18th, 2011, 02:56 AM
Trish,
Would it help if we all made a little 6" block to add to his quilt? Then he would know how much what he is doing means to all of us. You would still do the main quilt, but we could be part of the border or something. Kind of like an extended hug. Just a thought.
I thought of something like this for Jan's Emily, but didn't know if she was up for that.

Blondie, Thanks for the dry wishes! Unlike some of the other locations in our state, it was actually dry at our place all day. We got outside and did a bit of clean up in the yard. Snow, wind, and rain have done a number around here. It is a far cry from being ready for spring, but it looks a bit more tidy AND we all got outside for some fresh air. Why does it bug me so much to look out the kitchen windows at dead vegitation? I'd rather look at pots of empty dirt than the lifeless sticks of formerly beautiful plants. I'd put in primroses if I could find any. I have not stooped to silk flowers yet, but close. We have the wind spinners that are shaped like flowers and those are at least brightly colored.
I pulled close to 20 pounds of carrots out of the garden today. Either the moles, raccoons, or rats were eating the carrots, so if I wanted some, I had to get them out now. I guess I am going to figure out the best way to put up carrots in the freezer!

I do believe that I am beginning to brew a sinus infection. Time for the nettie pot, some tea tree oil, and gallons of tea.
On that happy note, I am gonna go get ready for bed. Take care!
Cathy

quiltingtrish
January 18th, 2011, 09:07 AM
That's a nice gesture Cathy, but don't think it's necessary to make blocks for him. I don't have any idea what pattern I'd use or colors yet and knowing me, even though I would like to get it started soon, I don't have a time frame at all yet. (I'm known to procrastinate quite a bit on any thing, so we'll see.)
We'll just pray for him, that will do more good than anything.

Hugs,