PDA

View Full Version : Lovely Sunday Morning

Blondie
January 16th, 2011, 12:01 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v693/BSpence/sigs/gm/caf13.jpg

Good Morning, Folksies,
The sun is shining, ice skates are not necessary to leave my front door, snow is slowly melting,
my Luscious Larry made me the bestest cup of coffee ever, getting ready for church and all is right with my soul.

This is one of those mornings when I feel like I could tackle the world and win. Gosh, I sure wish I felt like that every day! Now to get something done! That would be even better.

Hope that each of you has a terrific morning ~ can you believe it is the middle of January already???

Big Hugs and lots of smiles!

NM Lady
January 16th, 2011, 12:17 PM
Good morning everyone. Hope everyone has a very blessed day.

I'm going to clean house today, go to work for a little while and I've started a red/white/blue tumbler quilt. I didnt' have any charm squares, but it was easy to cut using yardage.

Today is a beautiful day here. Sun is shining, the wind is not blowing.

I'm trying so hard to do Weight Watchers. Started last Wednesday. Maybe I'm not patient enough, but haven't lost a single pound and boy have I been counting those points. Anyway, I'm going to hang in there for now.

We lost a member of our little town yesterday. A young girl who is just a little older than my daughter. It appears she may have taken too many pills of some sort. Please pray for her family especially her little sister who is a Senior in high school who found her.

God bless and take care.

quiltingtrish
January 16th, 2011, 12:33 PM
Prayers for that young girl and her family. So tragic.

Love that first cup of coffee too Blondie. Prayers for your mom are coming too. She sure is walking a tough road.

Went to church this morning and the lesson was from the James book of the Bible. It's not what you DO to get into heaven, it's that you walk with HIM as you go about your day. Just by doing that, you are helping yourself and showing others how to behave, act, help out, etc. and will get to Heaven by truly believing and asking forgiveness in Him.

Off to Dad's today. The sun is out and gorgeous! Don't even really feel the wind chill with the sun shining so brightly. Got a lot of sewing done yesterday. Think I'll stitch up and down the borders today so I can work on and finish the binding this week.

Hope you all have a glorious day!

Hugs,

Lola2Ace
January 16th, 2011, 12:54 PM
Good morning all! it's a beautiful Sunday here as well, the sun is sparkling off the snow, and I know I will need my darkest sunglasses for the commute to work this afternoon.
I am just piddling around this morning, but I want to get quilting the table runner, so will do that here in a minute.
Trish, I LOVE the lesson you mentioned, and I will make that my goal from now on. Things have been so difficult at work that I find myself saying 'only with You Lord, only with You', and then an amazing peace comes over me and I get through that tough moment. I have been talking with HIM much more these days,and singing a short little hymn to get me through. I recently finished listening to the book The Shack, and it's a pretty powerful book, but one that I think I will have to listen to many many times to get the full impact.
Time to get the machine humming along.....
Wishing everybody a beautiful day!
Lola

EsGrandma
January 16th, 2011, 02:30 PM
Good morning! You all are so inspiring. Dear NM quilter - my prayers are with your friend and her family. Suicide is so hard on everyone who is left -

Today, I want to finish that pesky table runner - having a hard time with the binding and want to re-do it. Everything is good except at the very end and don't seem to be able to make that last seam look right.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Lola2Ace
January 16th, 2011, 03:04 PM
NMLady, so sorry to hear of the young girl's death. Whether accidental or intentional overdose, it's such a tragedy. My prayers to you, her family and your community as everybody feels the impact of this.
Lola

toggpine
January 16th, 2011, 03:17 PM
Hello Everybody!
Today is day three of rain. Torrential down pours at times. Thankfully our little slice of heaven is naturally designed to drain pretty quickly. We are digging out the plans for the Ark though, just in case....
Prayers are in order for that family for sure. Nobody realizes how selfish suicide actually is.
You might try "Snow Day" by Bill Coffey for some inspirational reading. I really enjoyed it.
I am still slogging thorough the dreaded power point. I have the outline nearly complete. I have decided that I work sooo much better when I am inspired by the project. The one I did on "Biosecurity" last year was a joy compared to this one on "Volunteering with WASART". You would think the oppposite, but I had a clear vision on that one. So after soggy chores, I'll get back to it. UGH! The sooner it's done, the sooner I can get back to sewing!
I did return all of that stuff to Joann yesterday. It wasn't a huge return, but I did get some $ to put toward other projects later on. Better than that, I don't have those items just taking up space in my home anymore.
Go Seahawks! (They are gonna need all the help they can get!)
Talk to you later!
Cathy

NM Lady
January 16th, 2011, 06:51 PM
NMLady, so sorry to hear of the young girl's death. Whether accidental or intentional overdose, it's such a tragedy. My prayers to you, her family and your community as everybody feels the impact of this.
Lola

Our community is so small that it really does make an impact. It appears this is an accidental overdose, not something she did on purpose.

Thank everyone for your kind words.

God bless and take care.

Sandy Navas
January 16th, 2011, 08:24 PM
We lost a member of our little town yesterday. A young girl who is just a little older than my daughter. It appears she may have taken too many pills of some sort. Please pray for her family especially her little sister who is a Senior in high school who found her.

God bless and take care.

I read this shortly after viewing some film about a young 8 year old who accidentally shot himself in the head at a GUN SHOW (a couple years ago) . . . life is so fragile and it seems as if it is becoming more and more so. How terribly sad for this family - they can never recover from this loss.

Sandy Navas
January 16th, 2011, 08:26 PM
I recently finished listening to the book The Shack, and it's a pretty powerful book, but one that I think I will have to listen to many many times to get the full impact. Lola

I absolutely LOVE that book. Read it several years ago and would read it over and over if I still had my copy. Very, very powerful.

Blondie
January 16th, 2011, 08:46 PM
Jackie
I am so saddened to hear of this loss. Such a tragedy for the family and entire community. I will say a prayer for all involved.

When I saw the remarks from those who have read The Shack, I was reminded that I have also read that book. I have long passed it around and on. For me the greatest thought I received while reading the book was the powerful yet gentle reminder of forgiveness.

toggpine
January 17th, 2011, 02:48 AM
Let us pray that they find some comfort in the fact that it was accidental and not intentional.
Medications can be sooo dangerous. Every time I hear of something like this it makes me even more hesitant of taking prescriptions.