PDA

View Full Version : Wednesday Greetings

Blondie
March 27th, 2013, 06:40 AM

Happy Day Folksies!

It is Wednesday, a whole lot of nothing going on here but I manage to have fun anyway. While we haven't had the snow that the majority here on the forum has had, we sure have had it cold. And lots of stray flurries; Wondering if my dear friend NanaB in Winston has had the flurries as well? I was outside yesterday getting some kindling gathered; at first I thought it was wood ash from the chimney. No sir. Brrr. Now we've had snow and ice storms in April, so I know it is not too long for this stuff but c'mon! Here's an idea:
Everyone in here gather into a huge huggle formation, lift your faces to the sky and smile your toothy grin. Talk about dazzle! That may just convince the sun it had best shine since all of our smiles together comes to like a gazillion watts.
Now that's bright and sure to warm up the atmosphere.

For all those who need an extra hug, my arms are around you. For the lonely hearted - here's my hand, And for those who need prayer, my voice and heart are lifted up. Have a wonderful day folksies; consider how very blessed you are individually and share the wealth.

SMILE!

Blondie

Evilynn
March 27th, 2013, 07:16 AM
Hello dear Blondie, good morning to all of you Dears!!

Here's nothing special going on as well, although I had my share of smiles already this morning. At 6.30 my hubbys alarm went, he had to get up for work. It's absolutely horrible to get him to get up, it's normally each day a huge drama. This morning tho, he jumped up as if there was something special waiting outside of the bed... well... there was! Our daughter Janna was awake also already. She was babbling to make us aware that there is a problem inside her diapers ;) well and since I cannot lift her, it was his job. Our "Nanny" (his mum, she makes the Nanny joke herself all the time) was still sleeping, so I prepared the bottle. Her birthday bottle. Our Angel turned 6 months today!!!! :)))) Time fliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiies!

The sun is smiling here too. It's somewhere between 0 and 1 degree Celsius here so the ice and snow are slowly melting away. Our Tomcat Shaco is very eager now to go roam outside, he can feel that new life is starting out there. He followed me to the postbox and back like a dog! That's very funny. He refused to come back inside, rather wanted to go roam freely outside. Inside my MIL and Janna are smiling at each other and me. A hot cup of coffee is just the right thing! LIfe is beautiful.

Many hugs to all of you, in need or not!

Steffie

Jean Sewing Machine
March 27th, 2013, 07:31 AM
Hi, Blondie! Hi, quilting friends! The sun has reduced our piles of snow significantly, but you still need your snow boots if you have to cross through piles of the stuff. It's way cold still, but sun gives us promise for some spring temps soon. Our local Six Flags amusement park is supposed to open for the season on Sunday. Can you imagine the work to clean snow off the tracks and rails of a huge wooden roller coaster? Bet they haven't had that task in the past!

I got my D4P blocks finished, and really got the hang of "feeling" that nesting, much less frog sewing as I went along. But I decided to build my quilt "on point" and I have to figure out what to make my setting triangles with- yardage or more D4P blocks. Oh shucks, one more shopping trip needed, darn the luck. One of my friends is pregnant for the first time and they just found out it's a girl. Since this is so girly, it may end up being for her. Lots of work in this quilt.

Hope everyone has a happy, Holy Week, or Passover. I will be in church for the next 4 evenings, practice for music for the liturgies Thursday through Sunday. I'll keep you all in my prayers.

Jean Sewing Machine
March 27th, 2013, 07:34 AM

Here's nothing special going on as well, although I had my share of smiles already this morning. At 6.30 my hubbys alarm went, he had to get up for work. It's absolutely horrible to get him to get up, it's normally each day a huge drama. This morning tho, he jumped up as if there was something special waiting outside of the bed... well... there was! Our daughter Janna was awake also already. She was babbling to make us aware that there is a problem inside her diapers ;) well and since I cannot lift her, it was his job. Our "Nanny" (his mum, she makes the Nanny joke herself all the time) was still sleeping, so I prepared the bottle. Her birthday bottle. Our Angel turned 6 months today!!!! :)))) Time fliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiies!

The sun is smiling here too. It's somewhere between 0 and 1 degree Celsius here so the ice and snow are slowly melting away. Our Tomcat Shaco is very eager now to go roam outside, he can feel that new life is starting out there. He followed me to the postbox and back like a dog! That's very funny. He refused to come back inside, rather wanted to go roam freely outside. Inside my MIL and Janna are smiling at each other and me. A hot cup of coffee is just the right thing! LIfe is beautiful.

Steffie

43798Your little one is so darling! That smile will help mom get well soon!

Bubby
March 27th, 2013, 07:42 AM
Good Morning,

Another freezing morning. Our front yard was full of deer when I woke up...looking for food no doubt. We used to put out corn feeders for them, but since the price of corn has gone through the roof we quit doing that.

DH is getting ready for work..actually another day of training. Miss Molly wants to stay in bed and that's fine with me.

My printer broke yesterday and can't be resurrected. I guess I'm shopping for a wireless model...the old one we had for over 12 years and it's been a workhorse!

Wishing everyone a good day....Hugs, Barb

Monique
March 27th, 2013, 07:56 AM
Good morning friends. Just a quick hello this morning. I need to get ready for work. I will play catch-up later.

MRoy
March 27th, 2013, 08:22 AM
Good morning! The snow is gone this morning and I hope it's gone for good. I'm counting down to my 4-day weekend and so looking forward to it. I have relatives coming for a short visit Friday. My cousin that I haven't seen in 40+ years will be in town with his daughter that I met on Facebook but never in person. It should be an interesting visit.

aliaslaceygreen
March 27th, 2013, 08:24 AM
Good morning! Happy 6 months birthday, Janna! She is a cutie! It looks sunny out there. I hope there is warm, too... Work till 4, then the theater for Les Mis with the family...
No quilting. Ugh... gotta find time for that!

Have a great day!

Mpyles
March 27th, 2013, 08:43 AM
Wally World had one the other day for 58.00. Wireless.

Mpyles
March 27th, 2013, 08:49 AM
Good morning everyone!! It's Wednesday!!! The day before one of my days off!! I got sleep in today. Today I will drive to Lebanon to one of our restaurants up there. It should be a fairly easy day, I hope.

I took the fun and done class. It was interesting. I don't know that I would like a quilt made from one to sleep under. But I could see using the process for a wall hanging or table runner. The instructor was fun, and the group taking the class as well.

Steffie, your daughter is a cutie!

Everyone have a great day!!

MayinJerset
March 27th, 2013, 08:55 AM
Happy 6 month Bday for little Janna, now that's a real little cutie who can put a smile on everyone's face.

No snow but plenty of sunshine and little bit warmer temps so I'm smiling. BIG LAUNDRY scheduled for this morning, lots of big heavy sweatshirts of DH's to wash and put away as well as my Christmas and Snowman ones. Need to take out some spring like dressy clothes for dinner at the Lobster Shanty on Easter Sunday, can't remember if I have any.

Bailey65
March 27th, 2013, 08:56 AM
Good Morning Quilting Friends,

I feel so rejuvenated from my vacation! Monday I spent the day unpacking and doing ALL the Laundry from the trip. Yesterday I helped a cousin make a table runner for a gift. But today it's back to the sewing room for me. My sewing/cutting Island is complete, and my Design Wall is almost done (my husband plans to attach it to the wall this weekend) and today I will hopefully finish the wall Quilt I started before vacation for my sewing room. I will take lots of pictures this weekend and share my room quilt with all of you lovely ladies.

I started walking since I got back today will be day 3. I can only do a brisk walk about a mile without stopping but that's a far cry from where I was 1 year ago when I was just about bed ridden. I am SO thankful for my life and everything around me! Life is good!! Oh and by the way I LOVE you GUYS!!!

dwil23
March 27th, 2013, 09:05 AM

Steffie

Good Morning, everyone!

Steffie, your Janna is adorable. My little grandson Evan turned six months on Monday, and yes time does fly. It seems like such a short time ago that his dad was six months old - can't believe it's been almost 31 years. Enjoy every day with her.

It is a brisk but clear morning here - about 37 degrees. Tomorrow is supposd to be the same and then warming up. I am trying to soak it up and enjoy it because the unbearably hot weather will be here soon.

I have to work my night off tonight and then tomorrow have to really get busy. I have four quilt tops done or nearly done that I need to get quilted. Soon. I need two for a baby shower next weekend and the other two for Mother's Day. There just isn't enough time in the day. Well, off to get some sleep so I can get up and do it all over again!

Hugs and prayers for all who need them!

Donna

Jean Sewing Machine
March 27th, 2013, 09:26 AM
Good Morning,

Another freezing morning. Our front yard was full of deer when I woke up...looking for food no doubt. We used to put out corn feeders for them, but since the price of corn has gone through the roof we quit doing that.

DH is getting ready for work..actually another day of training. Miss Molly wants to stay in bed and that's fine with me.

My printer broke yesterday and can't be resurrected. I guess I'm shopping for a wireless model...the old one we had for over 12 years and it's been a workhorse!

Wishing everyone a good day....Hugs, Barbi got an Epson NX430 last year with my iPad. It connects not with the device but with the wireless router in the house. Since I have several wireless devices, it connects easily and prints from all of them. Easy peasy! I highly recommend it, if you have a wireless router. The ink lasts a long time also, longer than Canon ink tanks but not as long as HP tanks.

shermur
March 27th, 2013, 09:35 AM
Happy Wednesday to all! Now that my Navy daughter left yesterday, I actually got to sew on my latest project last night. Her luggage and clothes had taken up a lot of my sewing room...and I was glad to hear she made it back safe to port though! Everyone have a great quilting day!

CrazyMtnLady
March 27th, 2013, 09:36 AM
Good Morning everyone. Been up for a while. Took the dogs out and fed the cats and horses. The Tom Turkeys were sure gobbling up a storm this morning. Won't be long and it will be Turkey hunting season. So those old toms better watch out!

No snow here but it is only 27*F but suppose to start warming up and by this weekend it should be in the 60s...:) But chance of rain every day!
Missed the voice last night. We went to town yesterday afternoon and ending up at our mechanics shop which means sitting around after hours drinking a few beers and talking. It is always fun. I tease him all the time that he is young enough to be my son..so he better behave. He is 40 (my oldest daughters age). So we got home late. I will just have to pull it up on Hulu and watch it today.

Blondie I love your message today.

Have a great day all.
Hugs and prayers to everyone.

Lisapc
March 27th, 2013, 09:50 AM
Good morning all!

Steffie: She is just adorable. What a happy baby. Obviously well loved and cared for.

The sun is out and it is around 40 degrees so it should be a nice day. It is "Big Girls Day" with my GD, Kora. We are just running a couple of errands, taking her to lunch and then back her to finish her Easter dress and her baby sisters. Then she will decorate eggs with Peter when he gets off the bus. Her Mom and Dad will come after he gets out of work around 4:30 so she will get some time with Papa before they get here. It will be a very busy but hopefully a very happy day.

I hope you all have a happy day and a reason for a big belly laugh!

GinnyKNC
March 27th, 2013, 09:50 AM
I'm smiling is everyone else? No snow in Huntersville Blondie but we have the cold here as well. I am so ready for spring and so are my flowers.

Happy 6 month Bday Janna and Blessing to all for a wonderful warm Wednesday.

SallyO'Sews
March 27th, 2013, 10:16 AM
Steffie, your little girl is beautiful! Thanks for sharing her picture with us.

Blondie, thanks for the reminder... I needed that! :)

Everyone have a blessed day!
~ Sally \0/

LynneLeavell
March 27th, 2013, 10:31 AM
Good morning everyone. Steffie your daughter is precious. We actually have sunshine this morning. It's still cold but we at least have sun and not clouds. We had spitting snow all day yesterday. Have a lot going on but hopefully will get to do some sewing again soon.

Trying to get into the Spring Time happy feeling. I found out yesterday that a dear friend of mine has got lung cancer and they are not sure how long she has. She has been dealing with trying to have things finalized on the diagnosis since the middle of January.
She went last week to the Oncologist and he didn't have all of your x-rays and lab work from her lung doctor and finally got all of that and gave her the news she had been avoiding since all the test were run yesterday. He told her that Chemo would not help. It is a fast growing cancer. So if you would please remember her in prayers.

Hugs going out to those who need it and to those who don't. Stay warm and dry where ever you may be.

EmmaB
March 27th, 2013, 10:35 AM
Happy Happy Wednesday everyone!

auntiemern
March 27th, 2013, 11:02 AM
Good morning beautiful ladies. Steffie, Janna is a real cutie pie. The snow is melting, the sun is shining. This morning started off great. I had the kids overnight again, and they were quite cooperative this morning. They all got up at at em, after reading the note Pa left for them (he left in the wee hrs to head to the lake). Now, Gran gets a 3 hr respite til time to get Bubby off the bus. Will try to get some more quilting done on one of the tops from Cynthia (I believe they were from a neighbor or friend). I am truly enjoying quilting this one. I can't wait to get it done, and post pics. It is all about the quilting on this one for me. Hoping everyone has a glorious, wonderful day. Hugs and blessings to all. Prayers for those in need. Also a special quilty hug for those that are just feeling out of sorts.

WendyI
March 27th, 2013, 11:27 AM
Awwwww!! Janna is adorable!! Love her wee tights and socks!

I actually HAVE to work today...Imagine them expecting me to DO something other than post on here for what they pay me!?

So happy days to everyone. Blondie, you're a special, darling person to send Steffie that quilt....so I'm sending an extra special hug your way.

Everyone else, hope you all have a fantabulous day!! xox

nanaleslie
March 27th, 2013, 11:38 AM
Good morning everyone! Its going to be a peaceful sewing day for me today.

Steffie, Janna is adorable, and yes time sure does fly. :)

pcbatiks
March 27th, 2013, 11:53 AM
Good morning everyone...........we had our family reunion on my mom's side this past Saturday. Had a great day visiting and laughing with cousins, aunt and uncles........some I haven't seen in awhile. We had 37 out of 40 family members there.....so a very good turn out. My mom had made memory books for everyone with family history and pictures........and we all took lots of pictures.

Hope everyone has a great day.........and for those of you who have snow I hope it disappears very soon.

ilive2craft2
March 27th, 2013, 11:55 AM
Good morning all - enjoying my spring break by sleeping in and then reading on the forum. Sitting here with my cup of tea and chatting with my forum friends is priceless!

Steffi, your daughter is beautiful - her smile lit up this forum, as I am sure it lights up your home! Enjoy every minute - some day you will even miss the less exciting times like diaper changes, etc. They grow up so fast! My son is now 21 and I can't believe it.

We finally have some sun today, snow is melting, supposed to be about 40 today.

Hopefully, will get more of my kaleidoscope quilt blocks done today so that I can start putting it together. Either that or take a road trip to look at some mid to long arm machines. Went yesterday with hubby, but the lady at the shop that knew all about the HQ wasn't there yesterday. It is out of my price range, so put my name on a list for trade ins. Since I want to try something out before buying it, I may need to wait to go to some quilt shows. I love the Gracie frame, but don't have anywhere to test it out that I have found so far anyway... Lisa

Tanya D
March 27th, 2013, 12:02 PM
Happy Hump Day to my quilty friends!

The sun is up and shining and it's going to be a beautiful day! I'm still feeling rejuvenated from yesterday's sunshine filled day...what a lift for the spirit.

Steffi, your baby girl is a little hunny. Love that smile.

Lynne, I'm so sorry for your friend's diagnosis. Spend time with her and let her feel your love. It will bring her comfort on her journey and she'll have those memories to take to the other side.

I think I may be coming down with the same bug my kids have been fighting. Feeling a bit heavy-chested and stuffy and oh so achy all over. I'm trying to ignore it and hope it goes away. I don't want to be sick for the upcoming holiday.

We enjoyed an impromptu date night last night. Some friends of ours own a little plane and their son just got his pilots license. He took our son out for his first flight so we went out to our little airport to watch them take off and land and fly around. Then we went out for a cocktail at a new pub in town. It was a nice evening and something we don't do often enough. These friends are new friends that we've known for 5 years now thru our boys playing hockey together. We have never spent any time with them just as couples until just recently. Kim and I both quilt so we have bonded over that and it's really nice to have a new friend. Gary, the husband, just bought a helicopter and promised he would take us for a ride...I've never been in a helicopter before so I'm quite excited. Super nice couple and I'm glad we are hanging out.

Enjoy your day everyone! Smile and if the sun is shining, turn your face to it and breath it in :)

Sandy Navas
March 27th, 2013, 12:21 PM
http://fullcontactenlightenment.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/grouphug.jpg (http://fullcontactenlightenment.com/2012/07/group-hug/)

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSo51TZuTaavtX3tVd2O9ivGqjk0ZVgV zQ4UqTpaFpka9z2ApDP (http://www.vetlocator.com/dailypaws/2012/06/daily-paws-picture-of-the-day-group-hug/)

auntiemern
March 27th, 2013, 12:27 PM
TRUE, TRUE, TRUE
http://fullcontactenlightenment.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/grouphug.jpg (http://fullcontactenlightenment.com/2012/07/group-hug/)

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSo51TZuTaavtX3tVd2O9ivGqjk0ZVgV zQ4UqTpaFpka9z2ApDP (http://www.vetlocator.com/dailypaws/2012/06/daily-paws-picture-of-the-day-group-hug/)

Ginny B
March 27th, 2013, 12:31 PM
Happy Wednesday everyone. Yes, I am actually here before Wednesday is almost over. Unfortunately it is because son#2 is very sick and I took the day off to come into Brooklyn and drive him to a clinic to find out what is going on. (his regular dr. is closed today) He has had a high fever since Sat/Sun. Now he has run high fevers ever since he was a wee tyke but as an adult, when it stays around more than a couple days, I figure it needs a dr's attention. And since he is sick I didn't think it would be the best idea to have him trying to get there by either walking/train/cab. It will be best if I just take him and then we can get him back home asap. He is upstairs getting ready now.

But the good thing is that traffic wasn't bad --- I made it in here in about an hour -- and I found a parking spot and was able to park the car. I don't drive often in the "city" so I was a bit nervous about it all.

Another good thing is that I was able to get on here and order the Daily Deal today (along with a couple of other things to make the shipping worthwhile, lol). Sometimes the really cute things are gone before I get to really look at them. Methinks I just need to get up and get on the computer earlier during the week.

The sun is shining here today again -- it made an appearance yesterday too for about half the day . I am anxious to be outside playing in some dirt. My crocus are blooming even through all the nasty cold weather we have had and my hyacinths are showing signs of blooming as well as my lovely daffodils and tulips. Got to check the azaleas and forsythia. They should be blooming soon too. Maybe the sunshine will help their buds open up. (hopefully not to just get snowed on :( ) As much as I like snow, I am ready for it to be done and let's get into gardening season now.

Ok, off to see if ds is ready to go. I will check in with you all later.

Ginny B

Jean Sewing Machine
March 27th, 2013, 01:50 PM
Good morning everyone. Steffie your daughter is precious. We actually have sunshine this morning. It's still cold but we at least have sun and not clouds. We had spitting snow all day yesterday. Have a lot going on but hopefully will get to do some sewing again soon.

Trying to get into the Spring Time happy feeling. I found out yesterday that a dear friend of mine has got lung cancer and they are not sure how long she has. She has been dealing with trying to have things finalized on the diagnosis since the middle of January.
She went last week to the Oncologist and he didn't have all of your x-rays and lab work from her lung doctor and finally got all of that and gave her the news she had been avoiding since all the test were run yesterday. He told her that Chemo would not help. It is a fast growing cancer. So if you would please remember her in prayers.

Hugs going out to those who need it and to those who don't. Stay warm and dry where ever you may be.i am very sorry to hear about your friend. She will be in my prayers.

toggpine
March 27th, 2013, 02:15 PM
I think I may have the entire day at home! It has been awhile since that happened!
Mom is doing well, and they will send her home either tomorrow or Friday. Then it will get crazy again around here.
Steffie, your daughter is adorable! It sounds like you are making good progress on your recovery!

Hopefully I can get some sewing in a little later today.
Off to find some coffee and get through morning chores. I'll let the new baby out so he can follow me around the farm while I feed. They are so cute while they are figuring out how to use their legs to bounce!

Hugs!
Cathy

Tanya D
March 27th, 2013, 06:57 PM
Ginny, my son is fever prone too and has been since his very first immunizations at 2 months old. I joke that he can get a fever if you look at him funny!

I had a febrile seizure when I was 2 so we always keep a close eye on his when he's feverish. He used to spike high and fast when he was younger...very frightening when one minute he's not feeling so great, next minute he's at 105!

I hope your son feels better soon.

Stetler
March 27th, 2013, 08:02 PM
Happy Weds. on this Holy Week. I went to a noon church service and had my hair cut. We are having beautiful weather in western South Dakota.

shannonsaulter
March 27th, 2013, 09:47 PM
Wow am i late its 5:44pm in Cali and I am at work...lol...now I can get caught up while my area is quiet!
Its been a good day go my chicken done for the swap, text bag started and got my coaster fabrics picked out..All in all not a bad start to my day...Now work well I wish I had my hexies...lol..up to 250 on those and just oredered another 1000 template pieces..WOOHOO!!!!
Hope everyone is having a good evening!

quiltingtrish
March 27th, 2013, 10:21 PM
Just popping in to say hi to all~~
Steffie - your daughter is beautiful.
Lynn - prayers coming for your friend. I'm so sorry to hear about her diagnosis. Time together is so precious.

No school for the next 4 days for me. Tomorrow I plan to food shop (need the Easter bunny candy for Sunday and fixing's for Sunday's dinner), finish the taxes, hang some laundry out, and sew. I must stay off the computer or I won't get to my sewing. Goodness, there is a lot of sewing to do. So many projects and I won't get them worked on if I don't work on them. I know you will all be here when I get back on - I might last until tomorrow night - HAHA!! I just can't stay away for long.
Well, hope you all have a wonderful evening.
Hugs,

Ginny B
March 27th, 2013, 10:23 PM
Well, my son has the flu (the B strain). No pneumonia, no strep. Treatment -- basically continue to do what he has been doing. Rest, fluids and pain meds for his sore throat, headache, body aches. If things do not improve or he feels worse, go to his dr. No work until next week (but I know he will be working from home probably tomorrow if he starts feeling better. Baseball Opening day is in a few days and that's his job.

Before I left I went to the store and got him gatorade, oj, water, tissues, etc. Hopefully he will start to feeling better. DS#1 is there to keep an eye on him.

Ginny B

NanaB
March 27th, 2013, 11:24 PM
Yes, Blondie, I've had flurries outside my windows. Not much to speak of, since the snow on January 18. I was with my cousin from Virginia today and she said they've had five snows! I hope we have springtime weather SOON! It was horribly cold today when we were in the 'country' putting Easter flowers on the gravestones. I'm so tired of being cold. OK, enough grouching. We're lucky to be alive and to have plenty of fabric to play with. Hugs to all.