PDA

View Full Version : Prayer for the Forum

Rhonda D. Matzker
March 26th, 2013, 04:41 PM
Dear Heavenly Father:

Please watch over this forum and all of the members who call it home. Bring peace here and take all animosity away from within. Give each of us strength to make it through each day. Watch over those who are suffering from illness or heartache. Bring this forum back to what it was a place for people to make friends, share inspirations, as well as inspire others with their talents and stories. May your light shine through all of us, to all of us, and for all of us.

Amen

Meli
March 26th, 2013, 05:31 PM
Dear Heavenly Father,
Please add my prayer to Rhonda's. Please grant us all peace of heart, kindness, compassion, patience, and tolerance. Grant that we will all work together to make our "virtual home" as wonderful as well all know it can be.
Amen

Tanya D
March 26th, 2013, 06:11 PM
I like finding quotes that say what I want to say, but obviously more eloquently than I can ever do it. So in addition to your prayers, I'd like to add some "thoughts". Enjoy :)

“Your greatness is measured by your kindness; your education and intellect by your modesty; your ignorance is betrayed by your suspicions and prejudices, and your real caliber is measured by the consideration and tolerance you have for others.”
William J.H. Boetcker (1873-1962)

“Those who make compassion an essential part of their lives find the joy of life. Kindness deepens the spirit and produces rewards that cannot be completely explained in words. It is an experience more powerful than words. To become acquainted with kindness one must be prepared to learn new things and feel new feelings. Kindness is more than a philosophy of the mind. It is a philosophy of the spirit. ”
Robert J. Furey
Author

“Kindness is an inner desire that makes us want to do good things even if we do not get anything in return. It is the joy of our life to do them. When we do good things from this inner desire, there is kindness in everything we think, say, want and do.”
Emanuel Swedenborg (1688-1772)

“I have never met a person whose greatest need was anything other than real, unconditional love. You can find it in a simple act of kindness toward someone who needs help. There is no mistaking love…it is the common fiber of life, the flame that heats our soul, energizes our spirit and supplies passion to our lives.”
Elisabeth Kübler-Ross (1926-2004)

“Have you had a kindness shown? Pass it on; 'Twas not given for thee alone, Pass it on; Let it travel down the years, Let it wipe another's tears, 'Til in Heaven the deed appears - Pass it on. ”
Henry Burton (1840-1930)

“Ask yourself: Have you been kind today? Make kindness your modus operandi and change your world. ”
Annie Lennox (1954)

Meli
March 26th, 2013, 07:55 PM
Those are all beautiful, Tanya, thank you!

WendyI
March 26th, 2013, 07:58 PM
I like finding quotes that say what I want to say, but obviously more eloquently than I can ever do it. So in addition to your prayers, I'd like to add some "thoughts". Enjoy :)

“Your greatness is measured by your kindness; your education and intellect by your modesty; your ignorance is betrayed by your suspicions and prejudices, and your real caliber is measured by the consideration and tolerance you have for others.”
William J.H. Boetcker (1873-1962)

“Those who make compassion an essential part of their lives find the joy of life. Kindness deepens the spirit and produces rewards that cannot be completely explained in words. It is an experience more powerful than words. To become acquainted with kindness one must be prepared to learn new things and feel new feelings. Kindness is more than a philosophy of the mind. It is a philosophy of the spirit. ”
Robert J. Furey
Author

“Kindness is an inner desire that makes us want to do good things even if we do not get anything in return. It is the joy of our life to do them. When we do good things from this inner desire, there is kindness in everything we think, say, want and do.”
Emanuel Swedenborg (1688-1772)

“I have never met a person whose greatest need was anything other than real, unconditional love. You can find it in a simple act of kindness toward someone who needs help. There is no mistaking love…it is the common fiber of life, the flame that heats our soul, energizes our spirit and supplies passion to our lives.”
Elisabeth Kübler-Ross (1926-2004)

“Have you had a kindness shown? Pass it on; 'Twas not given for thee alone, Pass it on; Let it travel down the years, Let it wipe another's tears, 'Til in Heaven the deed appears - Pass it on. ”
Henry Burton (1840-1930)

“Ask yourself: Have you been kind today? Make kindness your modus operandi and change your world. ”
Annie Lennox (1954)

Very well said indeed.

alliek
March 26th, 2013, 08:38 PM
Thanks to all of you, adding my prayers to yours. This world is so topsy turvy with hate and prejudice - let's keep this place a hiatus from that world. A place to come together and understand the humanity in all of us.

asta
March 26th, 2013, 08:45 PM
Well said...AMEN
Dear Heavenly Father:

Please watch over this forum and all of the members who call it home. Bring peace here and take all animosity away from within. Give each of us strength to make it through each day. Watch over those who are suffering from illness or heartache. Bring this forum back to what it was a place for people to make friends, share inspirations, as well as inspire others with their talents and stories. May your light shine through all of us, to all of us, and for all of us.

Amen

Lonna
March 26th, 2013, 09:03 PM
The only thing I can add to this is Amen.