PDA

View Full Version : Sweet Saturday to Everyone!

toggpine
January 15th, 2011, 08:53 AM
Morning everybody! I am up waay too late!
I did manage to find the top of my cutting table though, and that has been bugging me for over a week! I am taking some stuff back to JoAnn tomorrow and I wanted clean sweep of everything I have been meaning to take back. Some items had become buried in the rubble on my table top and needed to be excavated.
Most of the things I had to go were piddly, like buttons and a bias tape maker, but I received some larger items for Christmas that I will never use. So, instead of letting them collect dust, back they go. I am sure that I won't get full price, but so what. It is less stuff for me to deal with around here, and some $ on a store gift card.
I still have a "Grab & Go" craft tote/case sitting here from last year. I don't have anyplace for it, & there isn't anything in it. It is just taking up real estate at the end of the couch, partially tucked under an end table. I move it every time I vacuum. Talk about silly, I should have taken that back right away, got my $12 or whatever lowest excuse they would give me without a receipt and been happy!
Anyhow, that is what motivated me to scrape down to the cutting mat.
I did get some things hung on the wall today. I need three more frames and some better mats for the art that will go in them. Kinda bland beige mats right now.
I suppose I had better go catch a few winks before the household wakes up and is ready to get the errands of the day out of the way.
Take care and have a great day!
Cathy

Blondie
January 15th, 2011, 09:23 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v693/BSpence/sigs/Days/Enjoyyourweekend.jpg

Yays for Saturday!
Morning Ladies. I think we are in for a heatwave - the weather loser just announced we may hit 40 this afternoon. I may have to find my t and shorts!

Another longish day at work. Got a call from a client last night needing desparate help for herself and Mom for a funeral.

Meant to say last night that everytime I go to the oncologist office with Mom, I get to bring home quilt magazines that I would rarely purchase. One is Quilters World, which sometimes is too artsy fartsy for me and the other is one of the various quick quilts. The office gals and even the good dr. hold them for me. One of the dr's wives is a quilt geek. Would love to see her stash! Yowsers.

See you later today - keep that cleaning up Cathy. I may get inspired yet to completely clean. I always get started and then distracted. My house is very patient.

Blessings and smiles all around.

Blondie

Sandy Navas
January 15th, 2011, 09:56 AM
Cathy - you may check out one of the sewing auction sites or the Yahoo Group and sell some of the items you need to clear out. There are two that I check into pretty frequently and I've had good luck with both of them. But, watch out, they can be very addicting . . .

The Yahoo group is: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SewItsForSale/?yguid=363512211
And a newer on-line sewing auction site (sponsored in part or supported by AllBrands) is: http://www.sewauction.com/index.php

The sewauction site is, as mentioned, very new and it really needs more attention. I recently won their December contest and received an absolutely beautiful extension table for my Singer Featherweight.

And, as I always tell my daughter when she gets on a clearing out binge - don't get rid of anything that I might find a use for.

debinmalaga
January 15th, 2011, 12:48 PM
Sweet Saturday is right! First day of a three day weekend for me, and I'm so happy about all the sewing I'm going to get done! Simply *must* make my 3rd Dresden plate, then going to set that project aside and finally finish binding Mike's quilt. Then I can tackle the Dresden plate project with a clear conscience :-).

We're also supposed to get to 40 today, Blondie, woo hoo, sounds like beach weather!

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!

Lola2Ace
January 15th, 2011, 01:15 PM
Good Saturday to you all! Blondie sorry to hear your Mom isn't feeling well. I did the gallbladder thing a few years ago, and am glad it's gone. Keep us updated on her please. Glad to hear you and Debi are getting a bit warmer weather too. It's miserably cold here, thank goodness no more snow is falling, at the moment anyway.
Cathy, good for you cleaning out and up! I started last weekend, Blondie's inspiration there, but it's been such a crazy busy week, I haven't gotten any farther. I have a few things I will be listing on Sewitsfor sale or the other auction place Sandy mentioned. I did clear enough space to work on my table topper and it's ready for topstitching and quilting and I hope to get a bit done on it before work this afternoon.
With such a busy week, I was terribly behind on laundry, but it's almost caught up now....wooohooo!
I hope everybody has a great day!
Lola

toggpine
January 15th, 2011, 03:23 PM
Oh that puppy is too cute! Thanks for that Blondie!
Sandy, Thanks for the advice on a place to move some stuff that still has some good life in it. The reason that I still have some of this is I can't get rid of it either. I am sure that I can find a use for it, but never quite seem to make it. I did a lot of junk removal when I revamped the sewing room, so that isn't too much of a problem, except when my cutting table becomes a dumping ground.
I'll be passing the info on to a few friends of mine.
WhooHoo on the heat wave! You go girls! It's almost time to bust out the grass skirts and coconut bras!

Lola, It doesn't take much for the laundry to pile up. I can sympathize with you there! I get spurts of cleaning frenzy and can make quite a dent, but then I go for a bit just keeping up. I hope that one day I'll have it all in order and be able to keep on top of it.

Blondie, Best wishes for your mom and a few prayers too.

Gotta run! Check in later!
Cathy

Lola2Ace
January 15th, 2011, 03:30 PM
OMGoodness you are right about the laundry Cathy. I always try to get it all done on the days I do it, but this past week, I just haven't been able to even get to it. Work day Monday,day with Ace Tuesday,youngest DD's day at the hospital for IV on Wednesday--then dinner with oldest DD and Ace, 12 hr work day Thursday!! I made up my mind to stay home yesterday and that's what I did--passed up a shopping trip and dinner out with DH, but I think he was glad to stay home too. I work this weekend, so will try to fit in some quilting on the table runner....got it top stitched this a.m. and as soon as the towels are dry laundry is done! WooooHOooo.....now if DH folds them while I am at work I will be really :D !
Lola

NM Lady
January 15th, 2011, 05:32 PM
Good afternoon everyone! Went to the BOM quilt class and wound up buying material for another quilt. So now I have material for 3 quilts that I haven't even touched yet. It always seems like a good idea at the time.:icon_rolleyes:

Can't wait to get started on on of the 3 though.

Hope everyone stays safe and warm.

God bless and take care.

Blondie
January 15th, 2011, 06:01 PM
Hi gals

zooming in before I make a dash to Mom's. She decided to cook for us this evening. Lucky us, as she is a good cook. She is making some kind of Amish recipe layer casserole or something she found in an old magazine. As long as I don't have to cook the better.

This gall bladder thing seems to be making it's round in my lil bitty area. I had mine out emergency like last March. My co worker had her out emergency two days after Christmas. a fella from our church had his out on Christmas night! Those two precious mentioned had a rough recovery ~ not me. I am as healthy as the proverbial horse and was back to work pronto. I don't let things keep me down for long. Too dang busy taking care of others, hehehe.

Sandy, I had heard about the yahoo group; I may look into that. Sounds interesting.
Cathy. I hear you about the accumulation. when I am cleaning out, I generally have a few piles. One to definetely get rid of, and one to contemplate. If'n it sits in the contemplation pile long enough and I can find no one who wants it, off it goes to the Salvation Army or the Community Thrift. It also always seems that as soon as I get rid of something I wish I had it back. I am not the pack rat my brother is. Good gosh, he could qualify for some of those hoarding shows. I can't even begin to watch those. Makes me so sad to see folks afraid to let go of STUFF! Very sad indeed.

Lola, let me know if you get more ready for the auction; I may want a sneak peek!

And DebinMalaga! Wishin' you were here right now. The sun is shining and I only need a sweater on outside. Where's the beach?! I decided today that I will cut a few snips of forsythia and put in a bit of water. I am ready for some color!

later, gators . . .