PDA

View Full Version : Pre-Cuts Made Me Do It!!

Sew Perfect
March 26th, 2013, 02:13 AM
The smell of coffee was throughout the house and wafting up the stairs to my bedroom. As I sat in my bed, drinking my coffee and thumbing through a couple of different books with patterns for pre-cuts, I decided to check for the time of my first Dr.'s appointment this morning. I was thinking that I had plenty of time for at least one more cup of coffee and to read through another pre-cut pattern or so. 10:00! I jumped up scrambling around the room all the while telling my husband that my appointment wasn't at 10:45 it was at 10:00. The time was 9:41, by the way! I threw on a pair of jeans, a sweatshirt, and some make-up. Brushed my teeth, ran the straightener and brush through my hair and out the door we flew! I called the office to let them know I was on my way. Thankfully, I was only 15 minutes late and they were still glad to see me.

After the Dr. visit, I told my husband that we needed to get home so I could shave my legs for the next Dr. appointment 2 hours later. He says, I thought you wanted to stop by the quilt shop. I'm sure you have time. So, I decided to not pass up the quilt shop and stopped in for a "quick" look. I'm browsing at all the fabric and running my hands over each one that I'm interested in just so I could feel the softness of the fine they are. Next I go to the book section and what did I see? Several books for pre-cut quilts!! So, I pick up about 5 different books and began reading through them, trying to decide which one I should buy. I finally picked out a book called "Simply Fat Quarters". I put the rest of the books back where I found them, noting to myself the ones I will come back for.

Next, I go over to where the magazines were in search of the magazine that our Jenny is in. To no avail, did I find it in the store, but I did manage to pick up a "Fons and Porter's Love of Quilting" magazine. Back to the fabrics I went. I just so happened to look at the time and noticed I had 45 minutes before my next appointment. I quickly walked up to the register and checked out WITHOUT purchasing one single piece of fabric!

The moral to this story is to not get tied up with Pre-Cuts ANYTHING before your appointments because you might run late!

kelliedi
March 26th, 2013, 02:16 AM
what happens to me is " oh i have a few minutes to get on the forum" or " I have a few minutes to sew this strip".....

Lisapc
March 26th, 2013, 02:18 AM
Too funny!

bkthomas
March 26th, 2013, 03:41 AM
So you went to the next appt. with those hairy legs???!!!!! Ha Ha Ha :icon_hihi:

Sorry Misa, just had to do that!

Sew Perfect
March 26th, 2013, 03:54 AM
So you went to the next appt. with those hairy legs???!!!!! Ha Ha Ha :icon_hihi:

Sorry Misa, just had to do that!

Uh no! I ran home and quickly dry shaved! My legs are still burning! LOL

bkthomas
March 26th, 2013, 05:11 AM
(((((((Misa))))))))

Monique
March 26th, 2013, 07:45 AM
Ok this is just too funny, at least about the dry shaved legs. How come a few minutes can turn into a few hours?

Evilynn
March 26th, 2013, 08:16 AM
Thanks for making me laugh :D This was very funny, indeed! That's one reason why my hubby won't let me into the fabric store when we are together in the town. He always says: "I rather drive you to the city later so you have your peace browsing all those fabrics" What he doesn't say, but think is: "And I don't have to stand there bored out of my mind watching you get all caught up!" I know he does!

Wwena
March 26th, 2013, 09:55 AM
Hahaha! That's what happens when I'm going to bed at night and just want to check on FB and this forum... Ooops look at the time!!! :D

And yes, I really should be working atm, I went home to have a quit place to read up on my next assignment (I landed a new account yesterday wohoo!). I'm just, you know, checking the forum first... ;)

SallyO'Sews
March 26th, 2013, 11:44 AM
Thanks for making me laugh :D This was very funny, indeed! That's one reason why my hubby won't let me into the fabric store when we are together in the town. He always says: "I rather drive you to the city later so you have your peace browsing all those fabrics" What he doesn't say, but think is: "And I don't have to stand there bored out of my mind watching you get all caught up!" I know he does!

Steffie, my kids are like that with me! They cringe when we're out running errands and I say, "I just need to pop into Joann Fabrics for a minute." I wonder why they never believe me? :icon_beuj::icon_rofl:

Eliza
March 26th, 2013, 05:25 PM
Could this have something to do with it?