PDA

View Full Version : Monday - Where is Spring?

Blondie
March 25th, 2013, 06:16 AM

Happy Monday folksies!
I can imagine how many peeps from the forum are in some snow - thankfully, we only got some wierd mix in the morning, it didn't stick and then we had some more, it didn't stick, we lost power, that did stick for awhile and then some weather over night. Oy.

I stayed with Mom the past few nights, glad I did because of the power thing. I did run home for a bit to see my furbabies and grab a hug and kiss from the big fella. Mom is doing much better with that horrible plague. It is now trying to attach to my BIL. I declare it IS like the plague - just keeps coming on strong to almost every person I have known.

Okay, bright stuff here. On Saturday the weather was coolish, windy but sunny. when I got home from work, Luscious and I walked all around the back forty dreaming together of our veggie garden. Luscious even agreed to do a walk in the woods with me soon. Oh yeah. I am gonna prod him into doing some "squatchy" calls like last year. While I may have to occupy this world, I can choose my own reality. I am just so stinking antsy! There are so many iris's showing their green of course, day lilies, my tulip tree is setting it's buds, my forsythia is blooming so lovely, I can hardly wait for dogwoods and azaleas. Spring and Fall are my favorite seasons. I love the fresh splash of color and growing that I can do in Spring. In the Fall, I love the cooler mornings and evenings and do love the smell of woodsmoke in the air, the color of the trees.

For everyone that got hit big time by the snow, if you love snow, you are glad for the extended weather. If you are just sick and tired of this relentless winter, you are gonna really love spring when it finally arrives.

Prayers for all here, blessings and many hugs. Smiles are NEVER optional. Wear one today, please.

patchiereggie
March 25th, 2013, 06:30 AM
Thank you for this post Blondie. Relentless is the right word for the winter we have, but now all I can think of are blooming flowers and trees. Those pictures in my mind make me smile and winter will fade away soon and with will the blues in my heart. Thank you for all the right words you always put into your posts, I really love reading them.

Jean Sewing Machine
March 25th, 2013, 06:32 AM
Wow, we got hit bigtime, officially 12"' of snow, my ruler shows about 11". The grandkids get an extended spring break. My darling SIL came over about 9:30 last night and shoveled my driveway, God love him. The snow plow threw up about 2 foot high pile at the end of the driveway, and my " low clearance" vehicles would never make it over that hill! My play's last performance got cancelled, mainly because the city didn't want to open the civic center for it. I'm sure if we had tried to run it, we'd have had under 5 people in the audience. We have to go in tonight to strike the set and collect our personal things we brought for the set and costumes. I worked on my D4P blocks, and I'm improving on matching my seams. But mostly, Al the cat and I spent the day snugling under the fleece blanket, doing not much of anything. Hope to work ome more on the D4P blocks to make either a spring table runner, or a small lap quilt.

Hope everyone has a good day, we'll get spring sooner or later!

Monique
March 25th, 2013, 07:06 AM
Good morning. We did not get any snow this time. This week is supposed to bring sunshine and warmer weather. I do have to work this week but get good Friday off. The weekend was uneventful and quiet. Yesterday I slept in till 8. I never sleep that late. I guess I was tired. I did have a very short meeting yesterday and her cat clawed my leg. She had just told me her cat was mean and at that moment he attacked. Scared the bejesus out of me and I screamed. I think I scared the cat too.

I did get some quilting done. Today I will have lunch at my friend's place. I think the rest of the week I will come home for lunch. I need to get a bag made for the 9th and start quilting the baby quilt.

AND I finally coloured my hair. Gosh, the grays were bad and I could not stand to look at myself. Call me vain and that is ok. I am too young to be gray. I got my long hair chopped off because it was making me look old. Anywho!

Y'all have a wonderful day and yes Blondie I will smile just for you today.

MRoy
March 25th, 2013, 07:24 AM
Good morning! The wind has literally howled here since last yesterday. We had a thunderstorm then the temp started dropping and it's at freezing this morning with some snow flurries. I used to hear "early Easter, late spring" and that's certainly the case this year. I'm looking forward to a short work week and a long weekend. I'm off work Friday and next Monday. Yay! Gotta get the tax records ready to file so I'll be working on them some, but I can do that in my PJs if I want.
I hope everyone who got snow is safe and warm.

Renate
March 25th, 2013, 07:25 AM
At the comming weekend in Europe the time is changed to "Summer". That means we have 1 hour more of daylight to shovel the snow.

Mpyles
March 25th, 2013, 07:36 AM
Good Monday morning!

Grrrrr..I dislike Mondays! I especially dislike them when my breakfast cook is on vacation, as it means I am off to work an hour earlier today.

We did have snow yesterday, not alot thank goodness. I really am looking forward to my building blocks clubs first meeting tonight. Should be interesting. Other than that....I really don't have much...wanna go curl up under the covers and go back to sleep!!

Everyone have a great day!

buckeyequilter
March 25th, 2013, 08:26 AM
Good Morning!

This is what I woke up to....ugggh....I am ready for spring! Not too much going on in my corner of the world today.

I made all the maple leaf blocks for my quilt....I'll be working on the log cabin blocks later this week. I need to get my butterfly blocks finished up for the swap and make my March SS gift. I have a 3 day week-end coming so maybe I'll have a little extra time to work these.

Have a wonderful day! Prayers and hugs...

Bubby
March 25th, 2013, 08:29 AM
Good Monday,

It's windy and cold in our little corner of the world...so far no ice. It snowed all day yesterday but since everything was so wet from the snow melting Saturday it didn't stick. We just wait and see from day to day what new trick the weather will dish out.

I'm heading back to bed for a nap and then I need to do some laundry. Things around here are piling up a bit.

Wishing everyone a good Monday....Hugs, Barb

MayinJerset
March 25th, 2013, 08:41 AM
Good Morning, No snow here like out West but we are supposed to be getting something later today. No spring flowers peeking through the frozen ground but at least there are lots of colorful pots of flowers sitting at our local farm market. Few of the gals are heading back under the covers for a bit and that sounds like a very nice idea. See you later after my nap, May

SandyWhite
March 25th, 2013, 09:10 AM
Good morning to all of you. It looks like that in my part of Ohio too, Shirley. Woke up this morning to snow ground. Temperature is 31F. Tomorrow we are getting our garage resurfaced so hubby and will be moving out our storage cabinets and freezer from the garage today. After that today's mine. I plan to catch up on my grandmothers blocks
http://grandmotherschoice.blogspot.com/ (http://grandmotherschoice.blogspot.com/) a weekly sew along.

Even though snow is on the ground, spring is coming I can smell in the air. It can't be long now. You all have a good day and keep warm.

DCM
March 25th, 2013, 09:14 AM
We had a wonderful snow yesterday -- around 10-11". Everything is so beautifully coated in snow. Work is closed today so I have an extra day off which is good because my back muscles are groaning a bit after shoveling the driveway twice yesterday -- it's a wet, heavy snow. Have a great day everyone!

MarianneK
March 25th, 2013, 09:20 AM
This is my twelfth year in Florida and I have never seen it so cool so late here. It is still going down to the 40s at night and for the end of March that is unheard of! This is by no means a complaint as I do not look forward to the humid hot summer months ahead!

Lisapc
March 25th, 2013, 09:40 AM
Good morning all!

We had no snow but did have cold and wind all weekend. I did a lot of sewing. I have 2 lap quilts that I finished piecing for the prayer group at our church. I didn't make the blocks. My friend Suzy did a class at a nursing home and had the Alzheimer patients design the blocks. She put them together and I assembled the tops. She is a painter and a fiber artist but not a quilter. Her seams on the blocks are 5/8 inches. I asked her why the seams were so big and she said, "you my dear are the quilter and I have no desire or need to learn a scant 1/4 inch". She has declared she will never do another quilt block class for anyone again because of the work of putting those blocks together. If I can find the time I might just do it in the fall. I will post pictures later.

I am deep cleaning my house today and then sewing. I will definitely find time for a nap before my little guy comes home.

I am safe, warm and happy so a smile is an easy thing to wear today. I hope all of you can wear one easily as well.

shermur
March 25th, 2013, 10:02 AM
Well, I'm ready for this past weekend know fall to melt! This morning the streets were slick due to refreeze and it was kind of a challenge to get to work!

bakermom
March 25th, 2013, 10:10 AM
It started snowing about 1 am here. By the time I left work at 3 we had nearly 2 inches and by 4 schools were canceling. We have probably 6 inches on the ground, wind and drifting snow. Looks like it is finally tapering off though. The roads are iffy. I have no plans to go out until work tonight. By then things should be better.

meemeecyn
March 25th, 2013, 10:22 AM
Like the Mama's and Papa's sang "Rainy Days and Mondays get me down"...........OK, it is Monday, but NO RAIN. In fact, the sun is out. Spring is just around the corner and all that is enough to make me smile! (guess that song name gave away my age!)

I've caught the Mug Rig Bug! Making up several for our hospital auxiliary to sell in the gift shop. Using donated supplies as well as a few of my scraps that I'm tired of looking at. Doing QAYG and it is working out fine. Thanks for the inspiration, Quilting Friends!

Later on will take oldest grandgirl to her dance lessons. Was thinking I could bring some hand work with me. Found some knitting UFO's in a closet so really should tackle them. Can you tell I'm hooked on crafting? Yup, loving it all.

Have a great day everyone!
Cynthia

LynneLeavell
March 25th, 2013, 10:34 AM
We had a weekend of cold and yucky rain. Today is windy and cold. I am so ready for Spring and Summer.

Everyone have a great day.

CrazyMtnLady
March 25th, 2013, 10:48 AM
Okay...who's with me... I say we go to Punxsutawney and make a stew out of Phil! He lied! We didn't get any snow yesterday but it is only 24*F this morning! Enough already!

Been up for a while, Cleaned out my e-mails and got stuck on a pattern site...don't know how that happened...LOL. I am NOT going to do anything today, yeah right. Okay...I don't WANT to do anything today. But I have to cook or we will starve, cuz DH doesn't cook and he doesn't do dishes. So I have to haul my butt up and get a few things done around here. I really just want to do a bit more hand quilting. I found my hand sewing "gloves", those stretchy fingerless thingys. So maybe they will help relieve some of the aches I get when sewing by hand.
I love the TV show "The Voice" and I am excited it starts back up tonight. I won't miss Christina Aguilera at all. My favorite judge is Blake Shelton...I am a country nut.
Finally watched Jenny's carrot tutorial. I might just have to go through my stash and see if I have anything close to a carrot color and make me a carrot. Just for the fun of it.
I think I am going to bundle up this evening and throw a couple steaks on the grill. I do a lot of cooking on either the smoker or the grill but not when it is this cold. But I am sooooooo hungry for grilled steaks. As long as it isn't rainy I will cook outside.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.
Hugs and prayers to all.

SallyO'Sews
March 25th, 2013, 10:56 AM
Blondie, the answer to your question is, I have no idea! But I'm about ready for it to just show up already!

To those (myself included) who don't especially love Mondays: Let's all remember, it only lasts one day! So cheer up: Tuesday's coming!!

And go UConn women!!

Blessings,
~ Sally \0/

Tanya D
March 25th, 2013, 11:19 AM
Good morning friends! Happy Monday to all.

It's a short work week...YAY...and no snow in the forecast for us this week!

I had a great weekend. It would have been greater if it didn't end but alas, all good things must come to an end.

I've got a sick young man who slept all day yesterday. He only moved once and that was to come snuggle up with me. He's 17 and still likes to snuggle with his momma. It warms my heart.

My daughter is starting to come down with the same thing so it could be a sickly week. I made sure to take some extra vitamins so that I don't get it. I don't want anything wrecking my upcoming long weekend.

Have a fabulous day everyone! :)

CountryHut
March 25th, 2013, 11:25 AM
Good morning ya'll ..

mainly been lurking the last few days - maybe a post here and there -- spend the last few days cleaning up after a sick doggie - don't like sick - it makes me gag - and don't like the spot cleaning - so I broke out the steam cleaner and started shampoong the carpets and area rugs - po' Miss Liberty Bell was really feeling pukie - Saturday I slept on the sofa with her all snuggled up under her blankie over top of my head - I laid my hand on her back - so she would feel that I Loved her and she would be ok . . by Sunday afternoon her little nub was waggling again - but I only keep her on light foods and lots of ice water - she doesn't tak medicine very well - she gives me the elvis lip and shows her teeth . . I tell her - don't bite the Mommy . and rub the tip of nose with medicine . . so she has to lick it off . . and it the course of the rain and thunder storm - had to go pick up Hubby from work - he had a flat on his truck and wasn't going to mess with it until today so I dont' have to run any errands today - he has my van . . but I will have to get up super early tomorrow and take him to work so he can drive his truck home after he get the tire repaired . . dang and those tires are only a tad over a month old . .

I did get in a bit of sewing yesterday . . but then spent an hour looking for a 3 inch strip - I had to hunt that baby up -- it was the last of piece of fabric of that color - here Mr George Washington took off with it and took it outside . .
that boy does like to play in the yard . . give him a pine cone and he'll make it small enough to sling shot it through the chainlink fence . .
after hubby left for work this morning - I went back to bed - now it's time to get in gear - go give the horse next door an apple and get on with my day:)

so todays menu includes - laundry - sewing - cooking - surfing - order processing and a few other things - not necessarily in that order

ya'll have a great Monday . . keep warm and safe - thoughts and prayers to all in need

*note*~ not responsible for typo's - didn't proof read - so take me as I am L*~

EmmaB
March 25th, 2013, 11:54 AM
I like the introduction pic to your post Blondie. I avoided Reality all weekend :0

It's definitely Monday morning. I awoke this morning and had to do some mental major attitude changing. We didn't get any snow but it's cold and dreary today and the wind is blowing 90-nothing (well at least it sounds that way). It's just one of those days that makes you want to bundle up and stay inside enjoying things you like to do.

But as always.....Reality calls and it's Monday again. Starting of a new work week (which is where I'm usually at when I posts here). On the upside, I have to take my daughter to different two appointments this afternoon so I will only be at the office until noon.

debi weaver
March 25th, 2013, 12:05 PM
Good Monday morning, Blondie! We're covered with snow in MO, but happily think it is winter's last who-rah before the rays of warm sun encourage the greens of spring to spread over our landscape!
Praying for you, your mom and now, your BIL. Wow...what a battle!
Enjoy those sweet walks and hang on to your dreamin', making your focus 'count your blessings'!
LY

ilive2craft2
March 25th, 2013, 12:12 PM
Good Morning everyone! On spring break, so sleeping in. We got 7 inches of snow and there is still some coming down, but only supposed to get another 1/2 inch or so.... Luckily both school districts in town are on spring break, but Illinois State closed down today and we have some road closures due to accidents and the blowing/drifting snow.

Yesterday I worked on cleaning up my sewing area and also got 8 more octagons done for my kaleidoscope quilt. That makes 20 done, which was the original size. I think I need to do 10 more to make it big enough for our bed. Gonna lay it out on the bed today to check. Will try to take a pic.

Today, my plan is to measure my son's room and then play with graph paper or an online site to figure out where my stuff is going to fit once he moves out. I so want to make a grace frame fit in that room, but not sure it is going to work. Hubby and I talked about it and I could put the frame in the downstairs, but not sure I would like working down there.... All of this makes me smile.

Have a great day everyone! Hugs and prayers to those who have asked and for those who haven't. Lisa

Lissau
March 25th, 2013, 12:13 PM
A friend posted this on face book....l thought you guys would like it.

janluna
March 25th, 2013, 12:37 PM
LOVE the Groundhog photo. Being a groundhog myself, and not seeing my shadow either, I think Mama Nature is just messing with us! I haven't been on much lately. I Spent the latter half of this past week in bed. My back left home without me. I could hardly walk, it hurt so bad. Finally Saturday, I was able to get up and play catch up with the laundry. I must admit, I went back to bed between moving loads around and folding clothes. Bum that I am. Well, I'm going to go play catch up with the posts. Have a great day everyone! Blondie, Prayers for the Mama and BIL. And please don't you have a relapse! Love, Hugs, and Prayers, Jan L.

WendyI
March 25th, 2013, 12:49 PM
Mornin all....it's almost afternoon here for me. I walked into a total bonfire of crapola this morning and spent the entire morning putting out fires. In short, Monday sucks and I would like this day to be over! Didn't even get my morning tea until almost 11! uhg.

Finally the sun is shining a bit here but isn't supposed to be long-lived. I have a four day weekend coming up so just need to make it until then...very, very tired today...stayed up too late browsing quilts on Pinterest, and looking at ads for used long-armers which I will NEVER be able to afford but it's fun to pretend! LOL!

Hope everyone's day started better than mine! LOL!

Lindagie
March 25th, 2013, 01:06 PM
Good morning to everyone. Love the groundhog photo; too funny! Since we got over a foot of snow yesterday we had to cancel DH's rehab this morning. Still hoping to make it to town for his lab appt. this afternoon. My wonderful neighbor cleared out the driveway for us. Now if the township guys clear the roads at all, we MAY be able to get to town. We shall see! It is a very wet and heavy snow, so hope it melts on the roads pretty soon.
Since I sewed/quilted and watched basketball all weekend, I promised myself I would do some major cleaning today. I guess I will get to it and do some laundry. Kids and grandkids are coming on Thursday, so better get going. Torre (our dog) and I were outside this morning to feed the birds. She loves to romp in the snow when it is fresh; she really loves chasing the birds and squirrels more. Gotta have some coffee and then get to work. Have a great day everyone.

Jean Sewing Machine
March 25th, 2013, 01:17 PM
I saw that groundhog picture on FB and thought the same thing! Why blame this on the rodent? I heard someone was going to sue the groundhog for falsely predicting an early spring! Wonder if they get public defenders for indigent groundhogs?

sally
March 25th, 2013, 02:22 PM
Good morning...well it is here anyhow. We are having a lovely spring day. Was nice all weekend too and weather man says this is to continue and get warmer. My crocus's are blooming and I am seeing little leaflets on some of the trees. Hope spring comes some to the rest of you!

cindyinohio
March 25th, 2013, 02:25 PM
It's snowing here (SE Ohio). I texted a friend yesterday and asked her if she saw the "little white flowers' falling from the sky. She,of coarse asked me what I was drinking!

aliaslaceygreen
March 25th, 2013, 02:50 PM
Good afternoon!It has stopped doing stuff out there ...on and off all morning... I had a Dr appt at 8:30, first one in line, right? Well they had a snow delay!! Argh.... I sat there in my car, in the empty lot (empty except for the Dr's truck, which I recognized...) The doors were locked. I tried to call, I got the receptionist VM, and so I sat. He is on the second floor... More people showed, tried to get in, no go... then...I recognized his nurse going in, and finally the person with the door keys showed up!

He was a bit perturbed too, he said he got a text last night saying it was delayed... but he had no idea that patients weren't contacted..he is new to the practice; he had always had his own practice but he joined up with a large one last summer... He said he would have let me in right away if he knew I was out there! Anyway, he said my foot is doing well, the nurse said the scar is pretty... and I don't need to see him unless I don't find I have improvement in the next month....

Waiting for Layla to wake from the nap she didn't want to take so I can bring her home...

Going to go to the not so local quilt store on the way back home....

Have a good day!