PDA

View Full Version : Snow day Sunday

Jean Sewing Machine
March 24th, 2013, 04:16 PM
So today was supposed to be our last performance of Blithe Spirit, and we got 7" of snow. Yesterday, it was 60 degrees out. The Civic Center said they wouldn't open for the one or two patrons who might have been brave enough to come out to see the show . Our Sunday matinees are known as the blue hair specials, all the people who can't drive at night come to this event. Our actors come from all over the city, so they don't want to drive to the theatre. The president of the theatre group is pulling her hair out because they are going to lose money. The director is mad and vows never to darken the doors of the place ever again.

But, on the bright side! I get the whole afternoon and evening to nap and quilt! And work on my D4P blocks ( I am doing better!) and make ome more carrots! Whooppee!

Lindagie
March 24th, 2013, 05:08 PM
I finished a doubleslice top; made the first slice and sewed those blocks together for another one. I will probably make the second slice, but don't feel like sewing anymore. I will go back to handquilting the baby quilt later on while watching basketball, but have to take a break right now. The birds are still hitting the feeders: hope I don't have to go out and refill them.

Jean Sewing Machine
March 25th, 2013, 12:11 AM
So far, my ruler says 10" at my house, some areas got. Up to a14". Broke a 20 year record for. Snowfalls in eastern Mo.

deedum
March 25th, 2013, 12:17 AM
We got about 7" and more coming down. Not sure what tomorrow will bring as far as getting in to work. So many cars in the ditches tonite. I don't want to be one of them.

Tanya D
March 25th, 2013, 12:35 AM
We had a nice sunny day here today...3C which is 38F...a bit chilly but nice to see the sun and NO SNOW!

bhaggerty
March 25th, 2013, 12:52 AM
43623sunny here today but supposed to get cold tonight. the last day for us to enjoy our backyard, as the pool dig starts tomorrow!

Lisapc
March 25th, 2013, 01:01 AM
I am sorry you got slammed with a storm. It has been cold and windy here all weekend. The poor little ground hog was really wrong this year wasn't he?

Lindagie
March 25th, 2013, 02:02 AM
I measured 12" four hours ago and it was still coming down. Wonder how much more we will get by the time it is over.

dwil23
March 25th, 2013, 04:42 AM
I know you all think I am crazy, but I would love to be able to look out my window and see snow! We had a mostly dreary day here yesterday and then it got really windy. My DD was over at the Cape and she said they had gusts up to 86 MPH. It's supposed to get colder over the next few days and then back up in the 80's for next weekend. This has really been a roller coaster with the temps this year.