PDA

View Full Version : Wednesday Morning Hellos

Blondie
January 12th, 2011, 10:13 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v693/BSpence/sigs/gm/1fab.jpg

Good Morning all you FABULOUS ladies!
As I was looking through my folders for a greeting this morning and saw this one I had to chuckle. If you could see me you would spew your coffee/tea all over your monitor. My hair is standing out at all directions, I have on my lumpy old bathrobe, fuzzy slippers (with socks on) and when I looked in the mirror this morning I couid tell by my puffy eyes that I had eaten something salty last evening. For the life of me I can't figure out what it was but the eyes do not lie.

Okay, now that I have rambled on far too long, I am happy to say that it is no longer snowing. Just COLD! Bitter cold like about 10 degrees here. Hubs is home again. I am not sure if they will even have school this week because all the back roads are so treacherous.

I am going to get hubs to take me out in his truck to the PO this morning. And then I may actually cook tonite. We've been living off of leftover soup and fresh biscuits. Thinking chickie sounds good for tonite since I am sure Trish has no leftover lasagna.

Onetiredmomma
January 12th, 2011, 10:44 AM
Good morning! I'm in my PJs too and I didnt get a chance to look in the mirror yet, thank goodness! The twin babies are still asleep in their cribs and the oldest is having a tantrum that I won't let him watch tv. He finally stopped the crying part, but is still on the floor. I really should go out and feed the horses, but I don't feel like trudging out in the blizzard. I was supposed to have a MOPS bible study today, but all the schools around here are closed, so no Mothers of Preschoolers group today.
When everyone is napping today, I'm going to work on a baby quilt for my sister-in-law's sister who is expecting a baby girl. I'm trying to work with what I've got in my stash, which is still a bit limited as a new quilter. Oh, is it naptime yet? I can't wait to start.
Have a blessed day everyone.

patticakes
January 12th, 2011, 11:45 AM
Mornin! So glad it is "hump" day....can't wait for this week to be over! When the weather is horrible I just yearn to be home sewing, well, even more than I usually do! I did manage to finally reach a human at the airlines and booked our free tickets Florida! Can't wait! Hoping to meet up with a quilting friend down there to shop me some good shops while the BF golfs.
Jan - did you make it to the city for your 5th B&W fabric? Don't worry about catching up, it was an easier block than I expected it to be.
Debi - You mentioned your redwork projects in yesterday's thread - you should post some pics of your work. I love to see as redwork is so gorgeous!
Suzy Que - Hope you got plowed out yesterday!
Paula - Snow days are a wonderful thing. I never get anything like that, the big city seems to wisk the snow away as it falls!
Suzi - Get all the storage stuff sorted out? Did you find things you forgot you had?
Cathy - How did the snowman turn out? Sounds like fun!
Sally - Good news that you will be able to attend your Aunty's funeral after all.
Trish - Hope that letter comes soon!
Blondie - I've never done a miniture. Hope you post a pic!
Pat - Did you get the snowday you were wishing for???
Jackie - Too bad your pic of the pillowcase did not load, would have loved to see it. Last time I tried to add pics I had to resize them all in order for them to load on the site.
Onetiredmama - I remember being exhausted when my kids were toddlers! Soon as you blink your eyes they are grown tho.
Well, hope you all have a safe and warm day!
Patti

debi weaver
January 12th, 2011, 12:36 PM
Well, there's some good about SNOW - I have more time for my English Breakfast Morning Tea to steep, and it also seems like more of us have time to sit and chat with friends! The messages are a little longer than a line! I hope you are all enjoying a hot cup of coffee or tea!
Blondie - you made me chuckle, too, with that graphic! No one looks that good in the morning! Must be an evening photo...just before retiring for the day...maybe!
Patti - so glad you get to go to Florida! What part...I used to live south of Tampa, on the gulf - and it's the prettiest! I hope you have good weather while you're there!
For all those enjoying snow days...happy sewing, stay warm & safe!
Jan - I would also love to know if you made it to shopping!
For tired mama - I agree with Patti. The time flies by so fast and all we have is the memories. Watching my elderly dad sleep his day away, I tend to think there'll be days later for us to catch up! :)
Have a blessed day, dear friends!

sally
January 12th, 2011, 12:51 PM
Morning ladies... I too am still in the bathrobe and I don't need the mirror to tell me what I look like...eek!
Welll we got a dump of snow last night and it is still coming down. Sadley I don't get snow days in my job so I will brush off the truck and slide on down the hill. Luckily I live close to my work site. No places to go tonight so I am going to work on my black and white blocks.:D:D
I just started back on my excercise program and I can't believe how 2 weeks of no activity affects you...I am sooo sore and I slept crappy for it too.
Okay enough whinning. Off to have breaky and get the snow moved. Bye girls. Big hugs to you all!

debinmalaga
January 12th, 2011, 01:10 PM
Morning all! We only got about 4 inches of snow last night, so the bank opened an hour late but otherwise it's business as usual in New Jersey... fine by me, I've already had enough snow for the year.

Hope everyone has a great day! Wish I was home sewing like some of you but tonight is my first quilt guild meeting, so I'm excited to have that to look forward to all day. It's my birthday and I've had lots of nice birthday greetings all morning, you can't ask for better coworkers. I'm a lucky girl in many ways!

Carol_Ann
January 12th, 2011, 02:18 PM
Let me begin with a happy birthday to you, Deb ! Wishing you a day of joy and laughter.
Blondie, I think your graphic lady looks her best because she is lying on her back while gazing into the mirror. We all know we look much more appealing from that angle !
Well, the snow is mounting up in Massachusetts today. It's a wet snow which is very hard, sometimes impossible to snow blow. A couple of neighbors have already said their snowblowers cannot handle it. We are expected to get about 16 inches. We can deal with the snow, I just pray we don't lose power ... which happens most everytime we have storms. A couple of times we lost power for 4 days to a week. That means lose of food as well as a very cold house. So I shall get some laundry done while all is well. I must admit, it is beautiful to look out at this beautiful winter wonderland.
To all of you gals , hope you get to fit in lots of sewing time today. Carol Ann

sewsoft
January 12th, 2011, 02:33 PM
Hi Ladies, nice to read that everyone is hanging in there today.
Blondie I love your Blog.

janluna
January 12th, 2011, 02:40 PM
Happy Birthday Deb!
Yes, I got my last fabric and picked up an extra just in case the first one doesn't look good. Finally I can get started on my blocks.
We got snow last night, all two inches of it. LOL Everyone around us got more. The wind is blowing hard and cold though. We are supposed to get more snow, but I'm not counting on a lot. Boo!!!
I get to see my DIL the Dr. today. She's going to meet me and go get coffee somewhere. I haven't seen her in about 8 months so it will be good to check up on her and my son. He had to stay back as he had to go to work. Poor Kris lost her grandfather this week and she came home for the funeral. She is hurting as they were very close.
He was such a nice man.
Well, I hope the snow doesn't play havoc with you all and you don't lose power. I hate that when that happens cause then I have to find a way to get my birds warm. They can only go down to about 40 degrees before they start having troubles. It's always a worry in the winter that we could lose power as my house is all electric including the heat.
Love to you all and great quilting! Hugs, Jan

middlesis1966
January 12th, 2011, 04:55 PM
Afternoon all! Happy birthday Deb!!! It is a cold one out there. I sure hope you all are safe and warm. I know Im not going far from the warm blankets.
Its the afternoon and Im still in my pj's. Thats one of the benifets of recovery. Not going anywhere so I dont have to do much just shower and lounge around. I have 4 more weeks to lounge in then its back to the grind.
Have a warm day all.

SuzyQue
January 12th, 2011, 05:33 PM
Now it is half-way through the afternoon, but I must chime in here! I am shocked to think that no one else looks like Blondies model! I look like that all day, every day! NOT!!! I wouldn't even look half that good at night, before bed! I think this must be from those pearls while you are vacuuming days! Love it Blondie---always makes me chuckle!

Jan, let's hope you can keep those birds warm and everyone else stay warm, too. So far it is less than 8 degrees here today. Luckily, no wind! I can stay in and stay warm and that is my plan!

middlesis----spoil yourself now! You so deserve it for all the stress alone! Enjoy the next 4 weeks and recover completely! I wish I could still be in my pj's! Of course, that might be a little chilly without all the covers. HMMM---could I sneak in a nap? Sounds heavenly, but not in the plans!

Stay warm! Stay safe! Be FABULOUS!!!! Suzy Que

quiltingtrish
January 12th, 2011, 07:11 PM
HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEB!!!!!!! Sounds like a guild meeting tonight will just make it better.
They cancelled our meeting that was supposed to be last night cause the snow started around 3. I wouldn't have gone anyways and it's why I missed the meeting in December too. Snow or calling for it before the meeting ends and I stay home. It's a 2 lane road to get there and there is no way I would do that. There are a bunch of ladies from my town that I'm sure would take me, but I'm just as much a basket case as a passenger too.

Was up early even though we had a 2 hour delay. Had to shovel the driveway so DH and I got out there and after an hour came in to get ready for school. Then walked there. The driveway still wasn't done so our neighbor took Katie. I did get a ride home though - it got colder and windier as the day went on.

Nope - no letter yet. Oldest DS said that Odie said he wasn't going to write this training period and I told him that Odie better know better than not write his mom. The commanding officer sent us a email last night and said that he made it there safely and gave us the address but left out the platoon number so I'm thinking I should still wait to get that information before I send him a letter. I KNOW he got there safely - heck he left here on the 3rd and then had his phone for a week.

Anyways, sewing tonight. Came home and got all the chores done that the 2 men in this house couldn't seem to be able to do them. Hello? Guess they were waiting for me to do them. Then sitting down here to check out how everyone is doing.

Just finished making some homemade bread - now to decide what to have with it for dinner. Oldest DS finished the lasagne today - sorry Blondie - you didn't get up here fast enough.

I'll check in later - sewing tonight.

Hugs,

debinmalaga
January 12th, 2011, 08:41 PM
Thanks to all for the birthday wishes! Kind of bummed - they cancelled the guild meeting that I was so looking forward to. Now I'll have to get my courage up all over again next month to go. I was really looking forward to going, but DD is taking me to Joann's with my gift card birthday gift now, so that I'll have something fun to do today. What a sweetie! I know that Joann's has limited charm for my dear family and appreciate it all the more when they go with me.

Sounds like we're all dealing with our winter days quite well, ladies, even if we DON'T look QUITE like Blondie's clip art :-).

toggpine
January 12th, 2011, 08:51 PM
Happy Birthday Deb!
We got about 5 inches of snow last night. Sadly for the little Miss it didn't start until about 6PM. So we didn't have good coating until 10PM. By then she was sound asleep. I thought about waking her up, but figured I'd never get her back to sleep! So no snowman. My husband and I went out to shake the snow off of the roof of the tarp building at about midnight. In the past we had a thick coating of snow on our hay tent, and then it rained on the snow and it was so heavy the poles collapsed, burying everything under a soggy slushy mess. It started raining about 1 AM. So this morning everything was about the consistency of a slurpee. Yuck. They did cancel school here, so no 2 hour break for pre-school.
I did get out of my PJ's, but sweatpants are not a huge improvement. I had some computer work to do for one of the volunteer organizations so I went for casual. I still have a powerpoint to do, but that is kind of fun. I'd still rather be sewing though.
I have a few of the Christmas Around the World quilts that have arrived, and they are calling my name. I want to get them done and on their way. I think we are about done with that swap.

You ladies that are still battling the snow and cold; stay snug and warm! To everybody else, take care!
Cathy

Sandy Navas
January 12th, 2011, 09:24 PM
Kind of bummed - they cancelled the guild meeting that I was so looking forward to. Now I'll have to get my courage up all over again next month to go. I was really looking forward to going.

What a great disappointment, Deb. But look at it this way. Now all of your friends here are aware of your February plans, so we can all make advance plans and be there to support you when you do go. Maybe we should all send our pictures . . . you put them on a poster board and carry it with you . . . at least you will know we'll be there in spirit for you.

Real bummer. Hope you had a lot of fun shopping at Jo-Anns.