PDA

View Full Version : Ok...BORED out of my MIND!!!

WendyI
March 21st, 2013, 04:40 PM
Anyone got anything to entertain me!??! I'm going nuts here!

Doloris
March 21st, 2013, 04:45 PM
LOL go to u-tube and look up silly pet videos

EmmaB
March 21st, 2013, 04:49 PM
I'm in the same boat Wendy. I KNEW I should have brought my embroidery with me. My boss just left for the day and now I'm just sittin here!

Doloris' suggestion of pet videos is a good one. I just may have to look at some of those :D

EmmaB
March 21st, 2013, 04:51 PM
This isn't a pet video but still cracks me up every time I see it

http://youtu.be/iH9MFiapE6U

Doloris
March 21st, 2013, 04:57 PM
tell me why my internet keeps cutting in and out. DS who lives 600 miles away says it sounds like my router is going bad

cyndiofthevortex
March 21st, 2013, 05:03 PM
Here's a new story about one of the kids living with us. I hope this entertains you just a little bit!

Seven year old Colin and I were just looking through a website at quilts. He'd look at one and say, "That's pretty" and "I like that one" for almost all of them. When we got to one and he didn't say anything, I asked him if he thought it was pretty. "No," he said, "That's just not my type."

WendyI
March 21st, 2013, 05:06 PM
tell me why my internet keeps cutting in and out. DS who lives 600 miles away says it sounds like my router is going bad

Reset your router (turn it off, wait for a few minutes and then turn it back on). That will often fix it.

WendyI
March 21st, 2013, 05:06 PM
Here's a new story about one of the kids living with us. I hope this entertains you just a little bit!

Seven year old Colin and I were just looking through a website at quilts. He'd look at one and say, "That's pretty" and "I like that one" for almost all of them. When we got to one and he didn't say anything, I asked him if he thought it was pretty. "No," he said, "That's just not my type."

LOL! CUTE!

Tanya D
March 21st, 2013, 05:09 PM
Google "Quilting blogs"...lots of inspiration there.

I'm bored too...and thinking of all the sewing I could accomplish if I was at home.

Tanya D
March 21st, 2013, 05:10 PM
There's another site with lots of videos...some are sad, some are cute, some are inspiring, some are funny.

www.godvine.com

inspired
March 21st, 2013, 05:12 PM
Hey Wendy; I don't know if this qualifies as entertaining but I am bored too. I am currently waiting for a 14mm kidney stone (which is currently stuck) to vacate my body. I spent the night in hospital with major pain and am now waiting waiting and waiting for the urologist to contact me. I have been down this road before so I know whats coming. I need a distraction badly haha. Val

WendyI
March 21st, 2013, 05:14 PM
Hey Wendy; I don't know if this qualifies as entertaining but I am bored too. I am currently waiting for a 14mm kidney stone (which is currently stuck) to vacate my body. I spent the night in hospital with major pain and am now waiting waiting and waiting for the urologist to contact me. I have been down this road before so I know whats coming. I need a distraction badly haha. Val

YIKES!!!! OMG I SOOOO Feel for you!! I was off work for a week with a kidney infection! I thought sure I was gonna die! Can't even IMAGINE a stone! Hope it passes soon!!

WendyI
March 21st, 2013, 05:15 PM
LOL go to u-tube and look up silly pet videos

Sadly, my bosses office is right next door...youtubing would probably not go over too well! LOL!

Tanya D
March 21st, 2013, 05:16 PM
They recently blocked You Tube here...but I figured out if you put an "s" after the http, it makes it secure and I can get on there :) You need some head phones!

Doloris
March 21st, 2013, 05:21 PM
I have unplugged both modem and router a couple times and waited and then started modem, waited, started router, and I just had to do it again. I am back on for now, but it cuts out for 30 secs, or a minute or 2. usually not for long times. Getting really frustrated. Dh has laptop too and he is having same prob,so its not my laptop. This router isn't very old, less than a yr. had to replace old one that wouldnt let things connect.

WendyI
March 21st, 2013, 05:32 PM
I have unplugged both modem and router a couple times and waited and then started modem, waited, started router, and I just had to do it again. I am back on for now, but it cuts out for 30 secs, or a minute or 2. usually not for long times. Getting really frustrated. Dh has laptop too and he is having same prob,so its not my laptop. This router isn't very old, less than a yr. had to replace old one that wouldnt let things connect.

Contact your ISP. Do you have unlimited bandwidth? Sometimes they SAY it's unlimited but it really isn't. So if you watch a lot of online videos or live stream t.v. shows etc. you are using a lot of bandwidth and some IP's will start "cycling" your service....which results in choppy access...particularly happens near the end of the month. You might also want to make sure your IP is dynamic not static. You should also check your task manager and make sure you don't have unwanted processes running. Maybe run a virus checker. Hope that helps!

I'm finally outta here so will check back later tonight!!

Sandy Navas
March 21st, 2013, 05:56 PM
You ladies are cracking me up - watching youtube at work . . . there is absolutely NOTHING boring at my house right now, so to help you out, I'm boxing up kids and mailing one to each of you. Watch the mail and be sure the refrigerator is fully stocked. Oh, and before they get there, run out and find some ear plugs - they are noisy, too!!

Lisapc
March 21st, 2013, 07:04 PM
Maybe you could take a plane file folder and stock it with graph paper and get some colored pencils and design your own quilts and or blocks. I is one way of working on quilting without being caught. I hope it helps. There is nothing worse than not having work to do when stuck at work.

buckeyequilter
March 21st, 2013, 07:07 PM

Do you have Time Warner....mine does that a lot and sometimes it's something at TW and other times unplugging it for a few minutes will work. Sometimes I log in to the router and reboot it.

RiverMomm
March 21st, 2013, 07:17 PM
I discoverd Roku (wireless thingy that you hook up to your tv) and am watching Angel on Netflix. I never watched Buffy the Vampire Slayer or Angel when it was on originally because . . . well, the boys were not of the age to watch it and we only watched things the kids could watch. Soooo funny-I am having a grand old time watching it!

Oh, and I was telling my 22 yr old the other night on the phone that I was watching Angel and how we didn't watch it because he was 9 when it was on and we didn't think it was appropriate for either him or his brother. "Oh, Mom, remember that tiny black and white tv/radio in my room when I was a kid? You know, the one that I said I used for the radio? Yeah, well, sometimes, at night, I watched Angel (at 10pm!!!). oh-I also watched Charmed and a couple others."

Sighhhh- geeesshhh kid- let me live in my fantasy that I was a good mom.

buckeyequilter
March 21st, 2013, 07:27 PM

Mine was doing that and they came and they went and they came and replaced junk with more used junk. I finally went and bought a router and took their router back to them. *knocking on wood* I haven't had any more problems like that. They came to add some stuff to our setup and saw the router, the TW guy was talking about how nice the router was, and I told them to keep their paws off of it.

buckeyequilter
March 21st, 2013, 07:32 PM
Maybe you could take a plane file folder and stock it with graph paper and get some colored pencils and design your own quilts and or blocks. I is one way of working on quilting without being caught. I hope it helps. There is nothing worse than not having work to do when stuck at work.

Good idea - at least we can look busy and then slam the folder shut when someone comes in the office....TOP SECRET work we're doing here.

Doloris
March 21st, 2013, 07:41 PM
yea, I have Time Warner. It seems to be behaving itself since I rebooted this afternoon. The router is mine. We didn't use wireless when we first signed up and when I got my first laptop my ds got a router and hooked everything up for us. I replaced that router a while ago and everything was great until a couple days ago. We have underground wires here so I'm not thinking all the wind and weather have anything to do with it, but you never know.

buckeyequilter
March 21st, 2013, 07:42 PM
yea, I have Time Warner. It seems to be behaving itself since I rebooted this afternoon. The router is mine. We didn't use wireless when we first signed up and when I got my first laptop my ds got a router and hooked everything up for us. I replaced that router a while ago and everything was great until a couple days ago. We have underground wires here so I'm not thinking all the wind and weather have anything to do with it, but you never know.

We've had some problems recently - getting kicked off for a minute (not often...but it happens), so I think it's TW and not your equipment. At the point when I finally replaced my router we were getting kicked off 6 - 8 times an hour.

Doloris
March 21st, 2013, 07:51 PM
ok, will wait a while and see if it clears up. hate to go spend $50 on another router. That was gonna be my next move

BMG Gran
March 22nd, 2013, 03:25 AM
Uh, she is an athiest, says so in her "about me" statement. Can't see her watching Godvine vids. However, she does use OMG alot. Guess the G is gosh, lol.
There's another site with lots of videos...some are sad, some are cute, some are inspiring, some are funny.

www.godvine.com

WendyI
March 22nd, 2013, 12:09 PM
Uh, she is an athiest, says so in her "about me" statement. Can't see her watching Godvine vids. However, she does use OMG alot. Guess the G is gosh, lol.

"She" has a name...and do you have an issue with my being an atheist? I have no issue with anyone being religious...why would my philosophy have anything to do with watching cute videos?

Slamelung
March 22nd, 2013, 12:28 PM
I believe you should be good, kind, and accepting of others just because it is the right thing. Everyone have a kind and loving day:icon_happy:

Tanya D
March 22nd, 2013, 12:46 PM
Brenda, the videos themselves have no religious ties...the website simply has religious advertising.

rochellejay
March 22nd, 2013, 12:50 PM
If this doesn't help I don't know what will - YouTube round up!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fk-1mla0LeU&list=RD02iH9MFiapE6U

WendyI
March 22nd, 2013, 02:24 PM

LMAO!!! I love it!!

Lisapc
March 22nd, 2013, 02:26 PM
Better today?

WendyI
March 22nd, 2013, 02:30 PM
meh...so-so...my afternoon meeting got cancelled so now I'm bored again...but the forum is keepin me busy! LOL! :D

bkthomas
March 23rd, 2013, 03:19 AM

Soooo cool!!!