PDA

View Full Version : Sewing Rooms

Diva Deb
March 20th, 2013, 11:29 PM
Just a suggestion for something I think a lot of people would enjoy...could we get a section where people can post pictures of their sewing rooms? I think it would be fun to be able to see what other people are doing and share ideas.

jsmetcalf
March 20th, 2013, 11:43 PM
I would really like that as well since I am still in the process of refining mine.

Sandy Navas
March 21st, 2013, 12:06 AM
I have pictures in my album of my sewing room from when I moved to a larger space in January 2011 (I think . . . ) but go look at my album and then, given no serious changes in my lifestyle (HAAAAAA!!) I should very soon be finished with moving back to the pre-2011 space . . . I'm downsizing to beat the band. I will try to post some comparison photos when I finish - anticipate another week of actually cleaning, packing, throwing, donating, and yelling (oh, sorry, I just don't do that). . . says no one . . .

Here's where I originally had my sewing room - a move in 2010 into the space to which I'm returning . . . BTW there is a mistake in my husband's blog - the old sewing machine of which he speaks, is from 1892 - can't remember what he posted but he was off due to clumsy fingers . . . http://sandal-woodsblog.com/2010/06/10/the-sewing-room-relocated/

I have learned that material goods have the ability to expand exponentially to the amount of space available. Anyone need about 2 tons of scraps????

Neckties?
Denim pieces?
Flannel pieces?
Scraps . . .
A bunch of mixed blends that I just HAD to have?

ChristineB
March 21st, 2013, 12:14 AM
Beautiful room, Sandy! You have a very talented and supportive husband!!

Madeforyouinma11
March 21st, 2013, 12:31 AM
Wow! Your old sewing room, soon to be new sewing room, again is wonderful. Your current sewing area is huge! I'm sorry that you have to break that down and move again. I'm guessing its due to all the children moving in and you need it for something else. If you need to really downsize, do a forum yard sale...LOL....just give notice so we can all be here for it! Good luck and give us some pics!

Hulamoon
March 21st, 2013, 10:49 AM
ooo yard sale! Love all your thread! I need to stock back up. Our store doesn't have sales very often though.

I haven't taken after pictures of my fabric all folded nice and neat. Maybe in the morning.

shermur
March 21st, 2013, 12:21 PM
Mine is getting there and I have also spread the word amoungst my "non-quilting" friends to be on the look out for fabric at auctions and sale discounted items to purchase for my quilt room!

still learning
March 21st, 2013, 05:04 PM
Just a suggestion for something I think a lot of people would enjoy...could we get a section where people can post pictures of their sewing rooms? I think it would be fun to be able to see what other people are doing and share ideas.

Yes, I would like to see that too. Unless people post and refer you to their album you wouldn't know which album to view.
I think it would give a lot of ideas about different storage methods and how to arrange a room for maximum efficiency. It also would be nice to know how people cope with limited space.
Maria

still learning
March 21st, 2013, 05:07 PM
Sandy, I love your sewing room.
Maria

toggpine
June 24th, 2013, 03:21 PM
Just getting around to poking into some of these threads.
I know I have linked these photos before. I wish my room still looked like this! I has been nearly three years since I got it to this point. It hasn't really gone much further. We have had a few changes in the house since then. Hopefully by September we'll have the house all squared away and this will be another finished project! I would love to be sewing on a countertop and not a TV tray!

The room is about 8' x 8' with a corner lopped off. I like that is close enough to the living room that I can still be part of the family, yet, be out of the way.
Renovated Sewing Space | Kids, Caprines, & Quilts (http://toggpine.wordpress.com/2010/10/15/renovated-sewing-space/)

Does anyone else have some to show & tell?
How's the move going Sandy?

RFREE
June 25th, 2013, 12:33 AM
I have my room in my albums too. I like to look at everyone else's to get lots of neat ideas too. Love love love Sandys huge barrel at the end of her table.That's what I need for sure.

K. McEuen
June 25th, 2013, 03:55 PM
Ad a moderator I don't have the power to create a whole new section, but I did make a sticky thread for sewing room photos. Go post your pictures or links to your sewing room albums ----> right here! (http://forum.missouriquiltco.com/sew-together-far-apart/25607-post-your-sewing-room-pictures-links-your-albums-here.html)

Genny
June 25th, 2013, 11:03 PM
Love your sewing room Sandy and what a wonderful and talented husband you have!

Shirley
June 27th, 2013, 09:40 AM
Nice room Sandy!!!!