PDA

View Full Version : MONDAY MORNING ...YUCK!

sally
January 10th, 2011, 12:15 PM
I feel like a little kid this morning that doesn't want to go to school. I want to pull my covers over my head and say "i'm sick " or something that will convince mom that I should stay home. Once I get to work it will be okay I quess. You never know in my job. First full week in quite awhile.:icon_bah:
I had a Great day yesteray...Quilted basically all day. Did get the laundry done...nothing nicer than fresh sheets.(hmm maybe that is why I didn't want to get up. No...just don't want to go to work.) Got several more black and white blocks done and started to work with my Christmas exchange blocks. :D Well guess I better get my you know what in gear...Have a good day everyone. Be safe!

patticakes
January 10th, 2011, 12:26 PM
Yuck is right! I agree with you Sally, wish I could have stayed in bed too!
Got up and commuted through the freezing cold and got to work extra early. I am in a lousy mood and have been on hold with an airlines customer service for over 50 minutes now, which isn't making me feel any better!
I got alot done at work so far so am taking alittle break to check out the board, which always brightens my mood! Yesterday I got all of the blades done for the fan blocks for the swap and got them all pressed and pinned. Just need to get those babies stitched on and work on the quarter circles. I am anxious to get them done as I have lots of other projects I am itching to finish or start.
What is keeping everyone busy these days?
See ya later!
Patti

janluna
January 10th, 2011, 04:19 PM
The block swap is keeping me busy, with laundry and mopping coming in second! lol
Hugs, Jan L

toggpine
January 10th, 2011, 04:49 PM
Howdy everybody!
We just had a snow shower! Big fat flakes that coated everything and have now reduced to tiny random things. We are supposed to get much more the rest of the week, like everybody else across the states! So, here is to furnaces, heaters, and woodstoves that do their jobs!
The ladies and I had a great time in Newport this last weekend. The weather didn't cooperate for beach walks, but we did get to see beautiful scenery through the rain & fog as we drove along the coast. We hit a few of the outlet stores along the way, since Oregon doesn't have sales tax is was a double savings for us. Four of us went to the glass blowing studio and had a mini-class, in which we created our own glass floats. It was a lot of fun! During the "down times" we would sit in the living area of the condo and knit, crochet, or cross stitch while we chatted. Did you know they make rootbeer schnapps? And, if you mix it with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and some cream soda you have a pretty good imitation of a rootbeer float! A good time was had by most of us.
I have some non-sewing projects that need to get done for several of my various volunteer things that I do, and I can't put them off any longer. (I wish I could, as I would much rather be sewing!) I did stay out of the fabric stores while we were on our trip, so no new fabrics or patterns to tempt me from my New Year's resolutions to finish up these projects and eat up some of this stash!
I have to go get the little Miss ready for school and jump on some of the non-sewing list, and the laundry, and the housework, and... I guess vacation is over.
Take care!
Cathy

Blondie
January 10th, 2011, 11:08 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v693/BSpence/sigs/GN/tiggerGE.gif
Hi Ladies
Where did the day go? It's been a long one for sure.

Cathy, so glad you had a wonderful time! I didn't know that about rootbeer schnapps. I love regular peach schnapps. Sounds intriguing.

Boo hoo on the Monday back to work blues, girls. Since my days off are never really that much of a day off for me I was really torn about the weather today. School was called off because it was supposed to snow like crazy. Well, it spit and spurted and stopped and then an occasional flake. Hubs was home all day listening to music and surfing on the computer.
Sis and i took Mom to the dr's for blood work that she is due for. Then other running around before snow. It is now snowing heavily. So, school will be out tomorrow as well. I am hoping to play around with some blocks for a mini quilt.

If'n we don't get ice on top of the snow i am hoping to be in tomorrow. If we get ice, we will lose power. Wah. Thank the good Lord for a stout woodstove.

quiltingtrish
January 11th, 2011, 12:49 AM
You just can't loose power Blondie. We are getting the snow tomorrow - late afternoon. Dh will be an hour away at an appt. and I say it will start around 3 or 4 and he says 9 - I hope he is right, but do think not. Looks like 5" are coming which means there will be a 2 hour delay at least for us on Wednesday. I'll go for the day off. I'd rather do that and make it up when it's nice than to deal with the mess and cold.
Went to the PA Farm Show with Katie today. Well, her and her friend went their way, but the drive there and back was nice with her. I did let her drive some back roads until we picked up the friend, then I took over. Anyways, checked out the prize winning quilts and got a few ideas. Even picked up a panel and 2 1/2 yard pieces from the only vendor that actually sold fabric there this year.

Well, you all stay safe out there - lots of areas being hit again with the 's' word.

Hugs,

toggpine
January 11th, 2011, 02:31 AM
The day just got worse.

I told you all a few weeks ago that my step-son had broken up with his girlfriend and that we were all doing the Snoopy Happy Dance of Joy.
Well, it looks like there is a wrinkle in that. She is about 10 weeks(+/-) pregnant.
They came to the house tonight to tell his father and I. My poor husband is still shaking. I am hoping his blood pressure is coming down now. They are talking about keeping the baby and trying to raise it. We were very frank and encouraged them to reconsider adoption. Even open adoption, so they can monitor the growth of the child, and know it is being well cared for and have some limited contact with the child in some cases. They are not considering marriage, which is good, since that has all of the makings of a disaster. I just hope that they spend a little more time thinking about how their decisions will affect each of them and the child.

Forget the stuff I was supposed to be getting done tonight. I think I am going to go have a stiff drink and a hot bath.
Cathy

sewsoft
January 11th, 2011, 03:16 AM
Hi Ladies it's good to see that all are well.

plix
January 11th, 2011, 04:34 AM
The day just got worse.

I told you all a few weeks ago that my step-son had broken up with his girlfriend and that we were all doing the Snoopy Happy Dance of Joy.
Well, it looks like there is a wrinkle in that. She is about 10 weeks(+/-) pregnant.
They came to the house tonight to tell his father and I. My poor husband is still shaking. I am hoping his blood pressure is coming down now. They are talking about keeping the baby and trying to raise it. We were very frank and encouraged them to reconsider adoption. Even open adoption, so they can monitor the growth of the child, and know it is being well cared for and have some limited contact with the child in some cases. They are not considering marriage, which is good, since that has all of the makings of a disaster. I just hope that they spend a little more time thinking about how their decisions will affect each of them and the child.

Forget the stuff I was supposed to be getting done tonight. I think I am going to go have a stiff drink and a hot bath.
Cathy
Cathy, I really feel for you! I've been there....she kept the baby, he pays child support. Now, there are spouses, and half brothers. Birthdays & holidays are a logistical challenge, but they have all found a way to make it work. Whatever they decide to do, he's gonna need you in his corner! The drink & bath are an excellent way to start this adventure!:icon_stunned: Good luck! I'll keep you in my prayers.
Glad to hear you had a good time in Newport!