PDA

View Full Version : Wednesday Hellos!

Blondie
March 20th, 2013, 05:37 AM

Happy Day, Folksies!

It is Wednesday, I am fairly certain of that. And I do think it is SUPPOSED to the first day of Spring. After spending last night with Mom, I am uncertain of many things. hehehe Poor gal has been having a reaction to some prednisone - she was afraid to be alone and I was afraid for her as well. Hallucinations/vivid dreams are common with that particular med and her mind was racing, she couldn't sleep. She's off that med now but good grief - this mommy of mine keeps me on my toesies. I came back up The Hill a few minutes ago to have some real coffee and see my man; leaving Mom sleeping like a baby - finally. I wish i could share some of her dreams but that is reserved for any future sessions I have with a shrink, or my sister; whoever I see first. Oh yeah, that would be my sis. We are each other's shrinks. That would mean I can get a therapy session today. My family has always been prone to vivid dreams. I somehow missed that particular gene. I kinda miss my daddy's dreams. He always had the bestest ones and I still roll with gales of laughter over how he would share those with me over a cup in the mornings. When my Daddy was still with us, I would go down the hill every morning that I was off work and have a cup of coffee with him. He loved Krispy Kreme doughnuts (I am a dunkin kind of gal). He would then regale me of his previous nights dreams. What a hoot. Then Mom would join in. It was like listening to a storybook being read to me. I wish I had written them down. A few I will never forget they were that epic in the retelling, so vivid that I felt I had shared those with him. I have a feeling that the past few nights and Mom, I will not forget too easily either. Funny stuff.

Y'all have a splendid day full of happy thoughts, smiles.

lilmouse
March 20th, 2013, 06:12 AM
Morning Blondie, did you get any sleep at all? Love your picture this morning....we must think alike...love dark chocolate! Don't eat it very often because you know it would head straight for my hips or gut...never where I need it....lol!
I am almost ready to go to bed.....finally finished up the last of the three quilts I promised Marilyn just a few minutes ago...not my best but will have to do...I am so done with these three...my next ones will be much better.
Hopefully later today I can get started on my own quilt....it has been ready for months to be quilted! I am going to try my hand at hand quilting...(not the primitive)...I have a 20" sample I made up ....has my own design too! We shall see how it goes! I will let you know.....I still think I will prefer the primitive...like a first love!
Should have been a picture...me quilting at the sewing machine with Sassy on my lap and trying to keep the lines straight...and hold up the excess in my lap that was resting on her...good thing she is small..(under 10 lbs.) It had to look really funny!
Going to finish checking on things here and then off to bed I go
Hugs and prayers to all.
Susie

Winniesfriend
March 20th, 2013, 06:41 AM
Good morning / evening Blondie, I am just drooling over the Krispy Kreme donuts, they are available in Australia but not in South Australia, it is quite amusing at the airport sometimes when people fly in with boxes of Krispy Kreme donuts, they are available at some airports in Aust so people stock up and fly home with dozens of donuts.

Granny Judy
March 20th, 2013, 07:30 AM
Good morning .. Still a bit nippy and dark outside. Having my first cuppa and tryin to figure out what I should do to this day.. yesterday was interestingly Quiet. got lots of sewing done and only messed up twice. Kids were in and out a couple times and messed up my concentration. That's it!! It's all their fault!!

My dreams get quite vivid at times,, wakes me up wondering "what the Hey"... to vivid to relate and no one would believe I survived that last attack of the mad black cat.. Then there are those dreams that wake me up, but I can't remember a darn thing.. my heart is still racing and I can't catch my breath type dream...

Sending hugs out to all..

Monique
March 20th, 2013, 07:33 AM
Good morning friends. Blondie, you are lucky to still have mom with you. I know you enjoy the time with her, good and bad.

Well, not much happening here. We did get snow yesterday and I almost ditched the van. I hit snow drifts that caused me to sway a little. Needless to say, my heart was in my mouth. I made it to work but a little shaken. The drive home was much better. Ok so here is the deal, one of the ladies at work will be off for the next 2 months. So, I will be working for at least the next two weeks. The boss will try and get some other workers as well because she knows I don't want to work full-time. If the hours were better I might. These are the hours 8-11, 3:15-5:45 and every Saturday. UGH!! Anyway not much quilting is going to happen around here for a bit. I need to get a baby quilt made, and I have a couple of swaps that need to get done. OYE!!!

Well off the get ready. Have a nice first day of spring. It sure doesn't look like it right now.

Iris Girl
March 20th, 2013, 07:38 AM
Good morning Blondie/All - today is cold but clear as much as I can see in the dark. Yesterday was snow /rain sleet...yucky day but not enough to keep me home thank goodness. Today is my quilting girls day, we are making zippered pouches with clear windows today should be fun. I do look forward to my weds with my quilting girls we have a lot of fun...I rarely remember my dreams , get a lot of remembering I dreamed but no details.. I like you am a dunkin girl . when krispy kremes came to our area . I did a taste test with the family we bougght a box of each and dunkin walked all over krispy in our opinion... hugs to all who need them and want them. have a great day on this first day of spring!!

Musical_Starling
March 20th, 2013, 07:44 AM
Good morning all!!

Blondie, I also have very vivid dreams. I was just telling The Giant how I was dreaming about my childhood dog and that we had adopted her and she was best friends with our two cats. And then I had another dream that I was playing poker (which I know nothing about) with Brock Lesnar and a bunch of WWE (wrestling) guys, but our cards had WWE superstars on them and apparently five John Cena's is worth SQUAT! :icon_giggle: Not only do I have vivid dreams, but they're usually silly and I wake up laughing or at least smiling. I've never had a Krispy Kreme donut though, or Dunkin Donuts. We just have Tim Hortons in these parts. I used to work there and haven't hardly touched their donuts since. Not for any gross reasons, just overdosed on them as the baker lol

Happy quilting Susie! Don't forget to share the finished product :)

Leonie, I thought it was only Newfies that flew home with different foods. I used to have to bring Big Macs home to my Dad when I was in University because we couldn't get them in my hometown lol

I am hoping for Judy's luck today, lots of productivity with very little "frogging". And if I do have to rippit, then I'm blaming the cats :D

Be careful driving in the snow Monique, I've played a few games of slip 'n slide this winter, and we have metal studs! It always scares the crap out of me too, so you're not alone.

April, can I come over for sewing day too? Sounds fun!

Love and hugs all around ladies! I'm off to work on GMIL's quilt :)

Mpyles
March 20th, 2013, 07:49 AM
Good morning!

Ugggggggh! Kind of how I feel this morning. My butt is definitely dragging.

I survived the compliance audit at one location. Off to the other one today. It should go well. DD did stay home yesterday, sent her off to the doctor. He says she has a bad(i wonder what signals this, as i would think any case is bad) case of strep. So antibiotics, lots of rest, and back tickles from mama have been the course to wellness. I doubt she feels much better today. She is scheduled to work this evening and I can see her trying to go to school this morning so she can go to work tonight. She's a good girl, tries to make everyone happy. But if she is still puny I won't allow it. Worked on my sons gf's tshirts quilt some more last night. Got all the tshirts interfaced. Will start on the sashing to tonight.

The latest weather forecast model shows 8.5 inches of snow for my area on thursday. That will all depend on the ground temps I would think. Fortunately my day off is Thursday so won't have to trudge out in it until Friday and if its too bad I will ride in with my hubby.

Well this is sufficiently enough to bore you! Hope everyone has a great Wednesday!

MRoy
March 20th, 2013, 08:11 AM
Good morning! It's hard to believe it's the first day of Spring (6:02 am central time). It's cold here and going to get colder. Blondie, I have my cup o' veggies beside me and it's about ready for a refill. Nothing exciting to report here. Work is work, but I have a couple days off coming up through Easter and I'm looking forward to that. I found some new charm packs at Big Lots yesterday...don't know what I'll do with them yet.

Have a great HUMP DAY!

shermur
March 20th, 2013, 08:29 AM
Morning, Blondie! Hopefully you can get some rest today. It's very cold here for the first day of spring and there is snow in the forecast over the next couple of days. Yuck! We have an indoor softball tourney (the first one this season) on Saturday and my sewing machine will probably miss me until next week. Hugs to you and your Mom!

meemeecyn
March 20th, 2013, 08:43 AM
Good morning! Sitting here with my 'bean juice', with a dash of hazelnut creamer! They say nuts are good for you, too!! :)
Blondie, your poor Mom. That prednisone can be brutal. A miracle drug certainly, but not without its side effects. Hope you can snooze later today and get caught up after you see your 'shrink'!

Doughnuts???? I try to stay away from them. A binge food for sure. It's all about memories of childhood when my Daddy would take me to the donut shop on some Sunday mornings for honey dipped and jelly. They were delicious and I still try to occasionally capture that taste, but alas....it won't happen without my Prince taking me. At least I have the memories!

Have a wonderful day all you special quilting friends. Happy 1st day of spring!
Cynthia

Our schools had a 2 hour delay this morning as the roads are still slippery from the snow yesterday.

aliaslaceygreen
March 20th, 2013, 08:46 AM
Good morning! I am not prone to very vivid dreams often...and the ones I do have seem to stay in my head as long as it takes to hit the shower and then they are gone... every once in a while one sticks...

Quasi- sunny? Can't decide this early I think, but I am hoping for those warmer temps like yesterday....low 70'S

Hope all have a wonderful day!

Bubby
March 20th, 2013, 08:55 AM
Good Morning,,

I'm beginning to feel human again. This whole thing has been a nightmare I don't care to relive in a dream!

We had a flood at our apartments Monday evening, so we packed up dealt with two flooded apartments for hours....I love 5 year olds who are out of control. I was concerned that working in cold water for hours might set me back, but I still feel so much better. It will take a while to get my house under control again. I think I will make our St Patrick's meal today...just couldn't do it Sunday.

I haven't been posting much, but have been trying to keep up with everyone.

We are supposed to get ice and snow late tonight and all day tomorrow...looks like winter wants to hang around a while longer.
Monique, be careful on the roads. It's a horrible feeling when you realize you are going out of control.

Wishing you all a great Wednesday....Hugs, Barb

buckeyequilter
March 20th, 2013, 09:17 AM
http://www.dazzlejunction.com/graphics-seasons/spring/in-the-air.gif (http://www.dazzlejunction.com/)

Good morning...

Spring might be in the air...but I don't know where it's at. It is 25* here and the wind chill makes it feel like 18*

Like Trish, I don't generally have dreams that I remember but once in a while I do.

Tonight I'm going to work on my butterfly garden squares. I can stay up a little later tonight because I have a vacation day scheduled for tomorrow. Our washing machine needs repaired and they said they will be out between 8 am - 12 pm. Then after they leave I think I'll take a quick trip to the LQS.

Well need to get busy here. Have a wonderful day! Prayers to those that need them and hugs to all.

Slamelung
March 20th, 2013, 09:20 AM
Have a wonderful first day of spring, even though the weather is not co-operating. It will be warm soon.

CountryHut
March 20th, 2013, 09:38 AM
G'morning one and all :) . . just reading all the Good mornings and sipping on my c\_/ of veggies *HUH*~

The smiling sun is shining through . . looks as if we are going to have another beautiful day :)
after another dental appt yesterday - I thought of a few peeps - and went off for some retail therapy . .
oooooh how I love retail therapy - of course I just HAD to check out Big Lots here to see if
they had jelly rolls and such . . dag I dislike it when peeps pick things apart . . anyway - low and behold
only a few jelly rolls and charm packs - dag gone - you can't beat the price - now I will have to check the BL
on my side of town . . but that won't be until I HAVE to go somewhere near that part of town :) -
BL here has gotten soooo big - it's no longer a run in and run out type of store - I think I spent a good
hour or so in the store - NOT good - b'cuz it was almost time for the hubby to come home
and I still had another hour drive home - but wouldn't trade living in the country for nothing -
on the way home I did get to see Slim Whitman out at his mailbox - he's getting up in years and moving a bit
slower - for the life of me - can't figure out why his son won't help with the up keep on the home

DREAMS -- oooooooh I love to dream - and to be woken in the middle of a good dream is like -
get away from me - I want to finish my dream and I try to go back to finish the dream - it has worked
a few times - and those few times - it was about day dreaming about night dreams *wink wink*~ . .
you know - those type of dreams when you use to do alot of suck facing . . *orange blossom smiles*~

oooooh the dreaded thought of Medication - there was one point in my life I told xanax (0.25mg)- so must stress
in my life -- well taking those meds -- went down the toilet bowl -- after seeing worms in the oak trees
that was waaaaaaay to much for me -- I said to myself . . self get over it and move on . .
don't like the feel of loopiness -

the last time I had Krispy Kreme donuts - the creme filled one tasted like pepto bismol *oh yuck*~
. . . give me DD anytime -- well, I really rather have sticky buns from Pisker's Bakery, in Westville NJ
talk about the best of the best sticky buns and tea biscuits - all get out yummo :)
when I use to make trips up north - we made sure to bring home Tasty pies and
we never ever forgot to get OTC crackers for oyster stew - I don't worry about the Pepper Hash
anymore - I've learn how to make and can it :)

Ok, enough is enough -- we're off to do something - even if it's wrong : )

with all the beans floating around the world on this thread this morning . . WHO HAS THE BEANO? . .
L*~

have a wonderful day ~~~~`

CrazyMtnLady
March 20th, 2013, 09:43 AM
Good Morning everyone. Hope your 1st day of Spring is sunny and bright!
Barb glad to hear you are feeling better. Take care of yourself so you don't have a relapse.

Yesterday was a very busy day. We cut and gathered wood in because we are suppose to be in for a nasty few days of snow and ice and who knows what! Then we went and brought home a truck load of hay and unloaded it. My poor body sure was aching.

Today we are driving about 3 1/2 hours away. DH needs to go up to Kingsville, MO to buy some stuff. Not close enough to MSQC to make a trip there though! :( I am not looking forward to the drive. But he won't let me stay home.. Atleast I'll get to go out to eat! :)

Have a great day
Hugs and prayers to all.

Lisapc
March 20th, 2013, 10:05 AM
Krispy Kreme, well one opened almost an hour from my parents home about 10 yrs ago. My parents went down early one Sunday morning and bought 2 dozen. They brought them home and oh were they light and delicious. The line was 1/2 long for those donuts. About 5 months later they went down again to find the shop closed. They were no competition for Dunkin Donuts which I find odd because the donuts are two completely different things. I miss Krispy Kreme but will never forget them.

I am off to run a bunch of errands when my body feels like moving. I will make it to the post office before noon. I must and I will.

Have you ever heard of freecycle? It is a yahoo group where you offer the things you no long want to others in the group. You know someones trash is someone else's treasure. Well a woman is de-stashing and has 2 boxes of Quilters quality fabric and she is letting me have it. I can't wait to go get it, bring it home and go through it. First my granddaughter requested that I make a quilt for our July 4th celebration for all of us to sit on. So if I can pull out of that stash for that great! Then I will try to come up with some ideas for the quilts that I donate. We will see what I get. I am really excited.

I hope you all have a wonderful first day of spring. Feel's weird saying that with 14 inches of new snow outside but the calendar does say it is spring. Prayers to all.

Shirley
Hi Blondie and everyone :icon_wave:
I had some of the same reaction when taking prednisone . I just could not sleep . I did however get lots done. :D
Have a good day everyone and Happy Spring!!

Mom23
Happy Spring to All!!! (I think Spring is hitting the snooze button.)

Sunshine here in central Illinois, but cold and 30 mph winds. Last year I had mowed the lawn twice by the first day of spring. I see little patches of green, but mostly dead winter grass out my window this morning.

I started my morning with absolutely nothing on my agenda. After reading this blog I think I will make the 30 mile drive to check out Big Lots. If they don't have any charm packs or jelly rolls I might just drive a little further down the road to an amish town with a couple quilt stores. It will be a great opportunity to get some great prayer time in the peaceful car. I will be praying for all of you, my quilting friends.

Peace and Joy,
Robin

NormaBeth
March 20th, 2013, 10:08 AM
Happy first day of SPRING!!!! I am like you, I can't remember my dreams when I wake up.

Lissau
March 20th, 2013, 10:08 AM
@lilmouse yea know its not the dark choc that goes to the hips.....dark chocolate is very good for you....l've been living a lifestyle change since the 1st of October and l 've been eating dak chocolate every night .... And l've lost 18 kilos or about 35 lbs .....and my dr put me on this lifestyle change ( diet ) ........

WendyI
March 20th, 2013, 10:19 AM
Morning all and HAPPY FIRST DAY OF SPRING!!!!

Not much time to hang in here today I'm afraid...off with a migraine yesterday which means I'm swamped today. uhg. My noodle is still off but at least I can function. I also get to go to the quilt shop tonight and get the rest of my border fabrics so I can finish my top and then decide what to do - quilt on my own or send it off!

Blondie, you are one very lucky lady to have such wonderful memories. I dream like that too...and often wish I would write them down. Myrna what day are you on?!? We should start a retirement count-down for you so we can all live vicariously through you!

Dee? How's the snow there?? Did you catch any of that Quebec storm?

Woops...sorry...work beckons! ugh. Everyone else, have a FANTABULOUS DAY! xox

SallyO'Sews
March 20th, 2013, 10:20 AM
Good Morning, All!
Wow - some of you quilties are up early! I'm so impressed that you can type before 7 a.m.! I am more of a night owl, but my sis is a "morning lark." She had a dream when she was pregnant with her DD#2 (who is now 35): she was in the hospital, having just given birth, and the nurse comes in and says "Hello, Mrs. Clark. Your little baby girl is doing just fine. We are, however, a little worried about the two monkeys." :icon_rofl:
Have a wonderful, quilty day! I'm hoping to get the binding on DD#6's D9P this evening, take it to her tomorrow, and have her help me post pics.
Love, hugs, and blessings all around,
~ Sally \0/

SallyO'Sews
March 20th, 2013, 10:22 AM
@lilmouse yea know its not the dark choc that goes to the hips.....dark chocolate is very good for you....l've been living a lifestyle change since the 1st of October and l 've been eating dak chocolate every night .... And l've lost 18 kilos or about 35 lbs .....and my dr put me on this lifestyle change ( diet ) ........

Lisa, what kind of diet is that? I could sure stand to lose 35 pounds...

MayinJerset
March 20th, 2013, 10:35 AM
Well at least it's sunny here for the first day of Spring. Laughing about those donuts. Krishpy Creme was available here in shops and supermarkets for awhile but I haven't seen any in a long while. I didn't care for them as they were super sweet but that didn't stop me from chowing down on a few. We have lots of DD shops here and many supermarkets have DD sections, love thier Coffeecoolatta in the summer and hazletnut coffee all year round. DS#3 lives in CA and when he flys east he always gets a tea and DD jelly donut at the east coast airports. He also buys boxes of DD coffee K cups to bring back to friends in CA. I can't beleive there aren't any DD's in CA, but he says none in his orange county area.

Folding laundry and washing more fabric for DGD Mary's 2 color quilt. I began the quilt some time ago and cut lots of pieces for the blocks. Yesterday I decided to put some rows together and found blocks don't meet because I cut some pieces 1/2" too small. OK, changed the pattern to a D9P and so glad I had extra yardage of both fabrics.

Made a huge loaf of Irish Soda Bread last night. Got busy watching Jeopardy and it overbaked a bit, still very tasty but kind of crusty. I'm going to measure out enough flour for 2 more batches, add the rest of the dry ingredients and put everything in a baggie til Saturday. The double batch is enough to make 3 good sized loaves, one for us, one to bring to DS#1's house on Palm Sunday and freeze one to bring to DS#2's house on Easter. I know DS#2 and wife are hoping I make them some of their favorite biscotti. We all love the biscotti but it does take a lot of time to bake the loaves and rebake the slices twice, especially when it's a double batch.

Got to get moving on today's chores because I'm going to get a haircut this afternoon. Think Spring! May

PS: I don't really dream, fall asleep while watching TV and I sometimes dream I'm part of the story.

Lonna
March 20th, 2013, 10:54 AM
Good Morning Ladies,

It is a bit chilly here this morning in S.E. Louisiana only a few changes of a little rain then sunshine this afternoon. Having a quite week here at work as my manager is on vacation this week. The only excitement is the carnival that is set up in the parking lot across the street. It is a yearly thing the company I work for owns the lot across the street and they rent the parking lot and set up there for about a week and a half. They travel to all the little festival that are around here. Last weekend was the Amite Oyster festival. In a few weeks it will be the Ponchatoula Strawberry Festival. Starting this past weekend you can find a festival of some sort every weekend here in S.E. Lousiana. My favorite will be coming up the weekend of April 12-13-14 and that is the French Quarter Fest in New Orleans which is also the weekend of the Strawberry Fest. We try to avoid Ponchatoula on that weekend. Ponchatoula is a small town which my have six signal lights down the main street. Durning the Strawberry fest it will be host to over 10,000 people. Wayne and myself always make at least one round though the fest normally on Sunday when it is not so crowded as this is the weekend that we met. Then married that June talk about quick, but it has lasted.

Well my friends enough of this rambling. Have a great day.

buckeyequilter
March 20th, 2013, 10:58 AM
Krishpy Creme was available here in shops and supermarkets for awhile but I haven't seen any in a long while. I didn't care for them as they were super sweet but that didn't stop me from chowing down on a few.

I see Krispy Creme everytime I walk in the grocery store here. But the heck with Krispy Creme...I'm waiting for Hostess to get going again....I NEED a strawberry or orange cupcake!

GinnyKNC
March 20th, 2013, 12:25 PM
Good Morning (almost afternoon). Wednesday's are always my busy day at work so I am really late today. Blondie I hope your mom gets to feeling better soon and I sure hope you get some sleep as well.
Blessings to all and praying everyone who is feeling ill springs back to health.
Welcome Spring and Happy Quilting to all

shannonsaulter
March 20th, 2013, 02:48 PM
GM all I am having the best morning coffee ,hubby,one DD and my pups all relaxing..now DH is off at work and I am sewing some hexies and realized I hadnt said GM yet...I scored Friday off and will have another 4 day weekend...OH yes and the plan is finish bruise quilt,text bad and coasters so I can do more on my DD quilt and the hexies...Hope everyone had a great day (((HUGHS)))

auntiemern
March 20th, 2013, 03:10 PM
Late popping on here today. Slept in, drank my half a pot to be able to function, then had to drive to DD's to get Bubby off the bus. Will get the girls after school, feed them, hang a bit and take them home about 7:30. Then I can play and catch up with everything going on in our little quilting world. Hugs, and blessings to all, prayers for those in need.

Lindagie
March 20th, 2013, 05:16 PM
Good afternoon! Took DH to rehab, so I bought some more perle cotton thread and talked to some ladies at the LQS making a BOM quilt. They were all working at their own pace and having some fun; even lunch was served. Picked up the 3 yr. old grdson and brought him home until his daddy gets off work. We are watching Little Einsteins at the moment. He should take a nap, but guess who is taking one? Yah Grandpa!
First day of Spring? Where? It is 30 something outside today and feels like 15 with the wind chill. Yikes! All the birds are hiding out in the woods today. Have a great day everyone. Gotta make myself a cuppa hot chocolate or something to warm up after taking the dog out. She didn't even want to stay out long, thankfully! DD is coming to spend the night, so we will just have a nice dinner and visit; no quilting until tomorrow.

Sandy Navas
March 20th, 2013, 09:19 PM
Krispy Kreme, well one opened almost an hour from my parents home about 10 yrs ago. My parents went down early one Sunday morning and bought 2 dozen. They brought them home and oh were they light and delicious. The line was 1/2 long for those donuts. About 5 months later they went down again to find the shop closed. They were no competition for Dunkin Donuts which I find odd because the donuts are two completely different things. I miss Krispy Kreme but will never forget them.

I am off to run a bunch of errands when my body feels like moving. I will make it to the post office before noon. I must and I will.

Have you ever heard of freecycle? It is a yahoo group where you offer the things you no long want to others in the group. You know someones trash is someone else's treasure. Well a woman is de-stashing and has 2 boxes of Quilters quality fabric and she is letting me have it. I can't wait to go get it, bring it home and go through it. First my granddaughter requested that I make a quilt for our July 4th celebration for all of us to sit on. So if I can pull out of that stash for that great! Then I will try to come up with some ideas for the quilts that I donate. We will see what I get. I am really excited.

I hope you all have a wonderful first day of spring. Feel's weird saying that with 14 inches of new snow outside but the calendar does say it is spring. Prayers to all.

My DD is the freecycle list 'owner' in our area. I check it out just about every day and have given more away than I can even hope to remember. I have made such wonderful friends through freecycle.

I'm in the process if starting some major destashing of my own. Don't know about 'quality' quilting fabric though (otherwise I'd hang onto it for sure). Anyone need some pieces of flannel????????? No takers on neckties?????

Musical_Starling
March 20th, 2013, 09:31 PM
My DD is the freecycle list 'owner' in our area. I check it out just about every day and have given more away than I can even hope to remember. I have made such wonderful friends through freecycle.

I'm in the process if starting some major destashing of my own. Don't know about 'quality' quilting fabric though (otherwise I'd hang onto it for sure). Anyone need some pieces of flannel????????? No takers on neckties?????

If it wouldn't cost an arm and a leg (and possibly my first born) to get it to Newfoundland I'd definitely take you up on it lol

K. McEuen
March 20th, 2013, 09:46 PM
Hmm, Blondie could maybe use the flannel as batting for some COC quilts.

Sandy Navas
March 20th, 2013, 10:58 PM
Hmm, Blondie could maybe use the flannel as batting for some COC quilts.

I knew there was a reason I liked you. You are BRILLIANT!
http://www.shibleysmiles.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/light-bulb-idea-300x240.jpg (http://www.shibleysmiles.com/2012/06/i-a-light-bulb-moment-gelighting.html)

Ginny B
March 20th, 2013, 11:18 PM
Well good Wednesday night everyone. Yes, the calendar said it was the first day of spring, the weatherman said it was the first day of spring but mother nature said "no, not yet". Well maybe next week.

I sometimes have dreams about talking animals. I always wake up smiling or actually laughing when that happens.

I always feel like I am late to the party here. I need a day just to sit and read the posts and catch up on everyone's "doings". I get to read a few, maybe make some comments and then, I am tired. I have been doing lots of sewing and planning of sewing projects and work has been crazy. 4 months ago my boss walked out ---- well we have been in "limbo" since then. No information, no new boss. But we still had plenty of work to keep us busy. Well last Thursday , the boss walked back in. (we actually found out late the afternoon before). Trying to get things caught up with her has sure kept things lively. We had settled into a nice calm routine in her absence and poof, that's gone now. LOL So, I have been tired the last week but hoping to be able to do some more reading here over the weekend.

Hope everyone is well.

Ginny B